• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

IRON BUTT Dallas to Rally

hetkind

I will be leading an IRON BUTT qualification ride from Dallas to Lima leaving the Wednesday of the Rally week.

This will be an excellent way for those to earn those nifty Iron Butt plates. I would like to have enough interest to send three different teams on three different alternate routes (OK City-St. Louis, Memphis-Paducah-Effinghman-Dayton and Nashiville, Louisville, Cincinnatti-Dayton)

I have run ALL three routes in under 20 hours in the last year, two of them on a R80ST with original seat and 19 liter tank.

Contact me if interested.

Howard
HEtkind@bestweb.net

Hey Howard,

How about a BBG route for those that may want to try? You need some sort of challenge. All the routes you mentioned are between 1,050 and 1,150 miles. They are quite doable for the average rider, with efficiently short stops, in 16 hours.

What a wondeful idea...we could just route you through Amarillo and that woud be 1512.6 miles according to Microsoft Trips and Streets.

Would you like to be the team leader of that route?

Howard

No, but I am glad you volunteered to organize the witnesses for the BBG with the Lima fire or police department. I have more openings if you would like to help out more.

Howard, I'll be way too busy to show up in Texas, I'll be at the Rally preparing and working, see my sig.

Back