• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Going to look at a '01 r11rt Saturday. Comments please

"I drove home on Sunday, about 500 miles past Colorado River , Barstow, through 35mph winds, some rain, but arrived home safe and sound. Too much after the sun went down but the rt did a great job getting us there."

I have just one question:

Did your wife make the trip with you?? If so she is a real trooper and keeper:hug

It did rain most of the weekend you made your trip - lucky you did not hit any snow in the higher elevations. Congrats on the new bike:dance

You are right about the trooper and keeper part. Just not the part about joining me for the ride. She was unable to attend the ride home but she is looking forward to a return to Phoenix for my sons tournament. And a ride to Colorado to see the other college kids. We'll be putting some miles on this baby!

I had her blessing all the way home and she was not disappointed with the end product.

New seat!

Hi,

I'm back just over a year after hunting down and finding a very nice R1100Rt in Apache Creek, AZ.

Since then I've put 6500 miles on it with one long trip to Albequerque, NM for the balloon festival and some commuting back and forth to work.

One set of new tires, I picked the Continental Road Attacks.

I had one small issue where I may have been riding the rear back with my foot, caused the FD boot to catch fire. Only partially burned the boot. Matt replaced that, replaced the paralever earing, valve adjust and said throttle bodies were very well synched.

I am buying Russell Day long saddle from Bill in Georgia. He is shipping it out today. My ride to Albequerqe had me saddle squirmin'at about 80 miles. Fortunately we get off every 100 miles for break.

So I'm excited about the new saddle!

The RT is a great bike.

Brad:wave

Hopefully I have attached a picture of the new bike to this reply. Inquiring minds have been.......inquiring. So here it is, the fruit of a long search. Every minute of the search paid off with this particular one. Great condition, good care, informative, helpful former owners.

This bike started in Peoria Heights, Illinois, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Apache Junction, AZ and now Costa Mesa, CA. Well traveled, low miles.:dance:usa:type

GEEE, that bike kinda looks familiar.......:dunno:lol
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Back