• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Alisa goes to Mexico and beyond . . .

Voni

sMiling
Staff member
Alisa stopped by our adobe on the way to her latest adventure, a solo tour of South America. From her website:

November 1, 2009, I leave Peacedale, RI, and will ride my motorcycle across the USA, to and through Mexico, Central America and South America. I plan on traveling approximately 6 months through two continents and 17 countries for the adventure motorcycle ride of a lifetime. My ride is a fundraiser for breast and ovarian cancer CURES and is dedicated to all those who have been affected by these dreadful diseases.

http://s320.photobucket.com/albums/nn335/Glaves/2009 Alisha heads to Mexico/?start=all

All money raised goes directly to breast cancer research. If you'd like to give her cause support, read here:

http://www.firstgiving.com/MotoAdventureGal

And thanks!

If you'd like to follow along:

http://motoadventuregal.com/blog/

Voni
sMiling

Alisa with us

Alisa spent a week with my wife and I in Oaxaca, our hometown. She stood at home and we were very pleased to have her here.

She had stomach problems after having "camarones a la mexicana" (very spicy shrimps, near Mazatl?ín). She also had troubles with the chain of her Suzi DR 650. I took her to my brother`s office, who is a Gastroenterologist, and the bike to a freind's of mine workshop.
Well, after a week, both Alisa and her bike, were 100 % back and she finally left in her way to Chiapas. She felt in love with the city of San Crist??bal de las Casas, and she was surprised to find in Mexico all the adventure and culture no one can find by the web or the books, or anywhere else but only being here.

She is in Guatemala now, taking Spanish courses; by the way, her Spanish is really good.

We gave her a list of friends of Latin America. We'll take care and spoil her... nothing to worry about !!

Next time... aim South !!!

pics

Alisa, Aurora (my wife) and I in our neighbourhood
748103507_yPMYh-L.jpg

Centro de la Artes de San Agust?¡n, Etla, Oaxaca, M?®xico
748102594_7UqCi-L.jpg

XL & XS
748103738_RJ84m-L-1.jpg

What a place !! Alisa liked it very much
748102271_PVfUf-L.jpg

I really try to convince her to try fried crickets, but she didn't !
748103082_nvicy-L.jpg

Back