• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Why I'm having trouble typing

Bud

It is what it is.
Don't try this at home with a table saw.

1259498244.jpg

OUCH!

I hope your sailing trip is captain chartered. Handling lines with those fingers is going to be painful. No swimming for you!

Tom

Owie, owie, owie!! Everyone is correct when they say that looks painful. Heal fast and no playing with powertools on Xmas!

Thanks for the wakeup ! As a lifetime , serious woodworker, I value periodic reminders of what can happen. My grandfather was a professional carpenter and lacked several finger tips, so it can happen to you? My last attempt at removing a finger was while trying to unload a new Bush Hog grader blade from a tilt trailer by myself and it tilted when I wasn't ready, thus pinching a finger between the rear steel edge of the trailer lip and the grader blade. Luckily the guy was able to sew it back together . :D

Bud, I have already tried that, nearly removing a left index finger back in the summer of '89. Yep, using a table saw; complacency is not good. Nicked the middle finger also. They are still there and still functional. Hurts, don't it?!
Hope the damage heals well and soon!

Ouch -- that was a graphic photo to see during morning coffee. :) Glad to see the doc got things sewn up for you. Take care, Bud

Sorry about your misfortune Bud! One of my son's is always telling to replace my old table saw for that very reason. Hope everything heals quickly and that you keep the feelings in those fingers.

Two words...........push stick!

Not that I always use one, kind of a "do as I say, not as I do". We have all done it so many times, and have heard of people losing fingers, but figure it won't be me. Guess it was your turn. A good reminder to use ATTGAT in the shop as well as on the road

Heal quickly, tough learning to pick your nose with the other hand, huh?

been there, done that, amputated my middle finger under the fingernail. You take the safety equipment off your saw too? :D:D:D

I know the safety shield binds but . . . . .
Give it a good soak in salt water and it'll be better in . . . but wait, you will be doing just that, won't you? :stick

Upside is you didn't lose any fingers.

Day'm that looks painful.

Back