• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

key code R75/5

1971R755

I have my key blanks in hand, but was wondering if BMW-USA or BMW-Germany can supply the key codes for cutting the fork and seat lock keys via the VIN #. Or can anyone of help in suggesting how I would go about getting that code?

Thanks from a new member.

The codes are simply 1-4, with 1 being the least cut into the edge of the key, and 5 being the deepest. I'm sure you won't find them anywhere.

Your steering head lock uses 5 cuts, the seat lock only uses four of them. I took off the seat lock and took it and the blanks to a local locksmith and they were able to impression cut a key for the seat lock. I then cut the last cut, nearest the handle of the key a little at a time until it worked in the steering head lock. Once I had a key that worked for both the steering head lock and the seat lock, I went back and had some more made up at the locksmith's.

I posted the process here:

http://www.airheads.org/content/view/156/98/

Best of luck!

Greg

figured it out

Thanks to one and all. I took the seat lock off and I am having a lock smith find and cut the first 4 and then I will to the fifth.

Back