Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: S1000RR launch results

Do we need to add an S or SBK forum?
    "No one wants advice -- only corroboration." -John Steinbeck

Like San Jose BMW Motorcycles on Facebook.

Rally Rat
    This bike should attract new to the BMW Marquee riders. Some of them may want to join the club, that could increase advertising. Sharing of tech expertise would be a great value to the owners. Even if there were few users, the cost of adding a specific forum is pretty low I would think.

Rod

Quote Originally Posted by R80andR100RT View Post
    Oh great another crotch rocket. BMW looses market share because they are making bikes for 22 yr olds who can't afford them.
    Or are they making them for 50 year olds that can
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and SABMWRA Prez

Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ragtoplvr View Post
    This bike should attract new to the BMW Marquee riders. Some of them may want to join the club, that could increase advertising. Sharing of tech expertise would be a great value to the owners. Even if there were few users, the cost of adding a specific forum is pretty low I would think.

Rod
    First, though, they need to join the MOA. And to make that happen, we need to have a compelling reason for them to do so.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

This is a 16K bike give or take because to use its capability takes the expensive electronic option. So its more than any of the J bikes. Comparing bases prices is not a useful price comparison.

Still, I think when the reviews are done there will be plenty of buyers and I will personally enjoy seeing younger guys joining the mix at the dealerships. (They have sooo much to learn from us old farts- I teach a mess of em on track in cars...)

For me, this bike is like my students' Vipers, vettes, Ferraris or whatever. I'll enjoy riding one but I don't want to buy one. Thinking of doing a 400 miles or more day on one makes me sore already.

Quote Originally Posted by racer7 View Post
    This is a 16K bike give or take because to use its capability takes the expensive electronic option. So its more than any of the J bikes. Comparing bases prices is not a useful price comparison.
    Based on the reviews, it's at least the equal of the competitors without the gadgets.

I could fell the pain in my wrists, not to mention my aging back, just sitting on it in the dealership. I think it wil appeal to the Ducati crowd. Less money and much more usable power.
    In the end, you will regret much more those things you didn't do, than those which you did.

Quote Originally Posted by KBasa View Post
    First, though, they need to join the MOA. And to make that happen, we need to have a compelling reason for them to do so.
    Therein lies the rub.

If BMW MOA was to begin today, would it look the same way as it does now or would it be something completely different?

Quote Originally Posted by knary View Post
    Based on the reviews, it's at least the equal of the competitors without the gadgets.

Think there will be any available without the "gadgets" in the showrooms? At least for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by GSfornow View Post
    Think there will be any available without the "gadgets" in the showrooms? At least for a while.
    I know some folks that have ordered exactly the bike they want are awaiting delivery.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Quote Originally Posted by kbasa View Post
    first, though, they need to join the moa. And to make that happen, we need to have a compelling reason for them to do so.
    WHEELIE, STOPPIE AND BURNOUT RPU NOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KBasa View Post
    I know some folks that have ordered exactly the bike they want are awaiting delivery.
    Good thats a change at least from what I see, I don't think I have ever seen a base model on the floor at a BMW dealer that I have visited. If you spoke to the sales people about ordering exactly the bike you want it was going to be a long wait. That may just be my area though or perhaps just my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by SIBUD View Post
    If BMW MOA was to begin today, would it look the same way as it does now or would it be something completely different?
    here's to hoping it looks completely different....

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    here's to hoping it looks completely different....
    Hmmmmmm ... That reminds me of some of the Ducati 'fashion shows' at racing events. (e.g. Indy MotoGP)

Whats with the steeply pitched seat ? Does a racing bike really need over 12" of fender clearance? What about the gas tank? Is that designed to maximize groin injuries in a front end crash? BMW has become all about gaudy style.