• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

S1000RR launch results

I know some folks that have ordered exactly the bike they want are awaiting delivery.

Good thats a change at least from what I see, I don't think I have ever seen a base model on the floor at a BMW dealer that I have visited. If you spoke to the sales people about ordering exactly the bike you want it was going to be a long wait. That may just be my area though or perhaps just my experience.

If BMW MOA was to begin today, would it look the same way as it does now or would it be something completely different?

here's to hoping it looks completely different....

ducati_daytona_1.jpg

Whats with the steeply pitched seat ? Does a racing bike really need over 12" of fender clearance? What about the gas tank? Is that designed to maximize groin injuries in a front end crash? BMW has become all about gaudy style.

I was at the local superdealer today, and was told RR is sold out in Canada, the U.S., and Europe.

Then I went to the Honda superdealer, and was told the VFR1200F is sold out, everywhere. They did have a sold one up on a platform, and the sales guy said I could throw a leg over it. The ergos seemed perfect.

I was at the local superdealer today, and was told RR is sold out in Canada, the U.S., and Europe.

Then I went to the Honda superdealer, and was told the VFR1200F is sold out, everywhere. They did have a sold one up on a platform, and the sales guy said I could throw a leg over it. The ergos seemed perfect.

Interesting. I was at BMW of Santa Cruz County yesterday and they had two on the floor with no sold tags on them, though I didn't ask about them.

I bought one last Sat at BMW of Atl. They had a white one available but next shipment not due until June.

Open House at one of the four "local" dealerships. Five RRs on the floor. Two of them Red, White Blue. I have serious doubts he is going to sell them all to end-users.

Attachments

• S1000RRFloor.jpg
    S1000RRFloor.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Based on the reviews, it's at least the equal of the competitors without the gadgets. :dunno

i am running behind in my reading... just got through the june issue of Cycleworld's MasterBike test, comparing 10 literbikes...

the S1000RR won and got huge props by the editor, Mark Hoyer.

go :german

ian

Back