Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: S1000RR launch results

JAMESDUNN
    You know I wouldn't plunk down the bucks for S1000RR. Not my kind of bike but boy, oh boy, would I love to ride one!

Mendocino, CA USA about as far left as you can get in the lower 48

Latest PR on CSS & S1000RR

on RoadracingWorld today:

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=38904

BTW Many of those exotics find their way this far north, as well. Dave, stop by sometime when you are back in Mendo.
    Jim Douglas '00 K1200RS >138,000 miles -- Black, 01/10/2000 to present
    Gone: White '09 K1300S sold @ 22k mi, Black '93 K1100RS traded @ 78k mi, Red '85 K100RS sold @ 44k mi, '06 Kaw 650R chrome yellow track bike sold http://www.seagullbb.com/

I have two words for BMW NA

If the review hype is real - two words BMW North America should consider are:

1. Daytona

2. Duhamel

macfly

Did well in the UK review...

Fishtail Riding School

Just got an e-mail from Fishtail Riding School http://www.fishtailridingschool.com/(great guys, BTW) that MAX's BMW will provide them with 2 - S1000RR's. Rob Nigl (local LRRS fast guy) will pilot one in the 2010 racing season.

Hmmm ... hopefully I'll get to one of their classes this upcoming season. Would be great to see the SBK in action there ... or better yet, ride on at Keith Code's.

BMW S1000RR vs. Aprilia RSV4 at Valencia WOW!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfdxFSbrBUM

Quote Originally Posted by YELLOW_S View Post
    BMW S1000RR vs. Aprilia RSV4 at Valencia WOW!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfdxFSbrBUM
    I rode an RSV4 last weekend, courtesy of MotoMarin and I can tell you that it's a very impressive bike. I'm excited to get a ride on an S1000RR when they show up.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Demo Rides?

Combat Touring Division
    Two Up Pterrorists
    88Hawk, 94KLR, 01GS, 06Vee

I saw one last weekend at the Washington DC show that a dealer had. Much smaller then I expected, build quality seemed very high, also appeared to draw a lot of interest. Very glad they came out with something like this even though I will never own one because of a very bad lower back. It's a shame BMW didn't do all the Cycle World Shows this year to showcase this bike like Ducati is doing with the Multi Strada. Those of you going to New York this weekend should see the BMW products there..........I hope they decide to make it to the Cycle World Show in Daytona where I would think they would draw a large crowd.

It did well by Motorcyclist, as well; both Catterson and Code liked it.

I got the sense from MOA News' interview of Pieter de Waal, that the bike mag reviews are important to BMW.
    Last edited by Rinty; 04-11-2010 at 12:18 AM.
    Rinty

criminaldesign
    Quote Originally Posted by nplenzick View Post
    I saw one last weekend at the Washington DC show that a dealer had. Much smaller then I expected, build quality seemed very high, also appeared to draw a lot of interest. Very glad they came out with something like this even though I will never own one because of a very bad lower back. It's a shame BMW didn't do all the Cycle World Shows this year to showcase this bike like Ducati is doing with the Multi Strada. Those of you going to New York this weekend should see the BMW products there..........I hope they decide to make it to the Cycle World Show in Daytona where I would think they would draw a large crowd.
    Same here, it's size is like a 600. Very nice agile looking bike. The bike is like a computer on wheels, high tech stuff going on with bikes now. Doing Code's class in May on this bike.

Well the bike is at my local dealer as of 1/26. Didn;t ask how long they;d had it,
    Are in FL apparently picking up keys (?) and they've already sold 8 on preorder.
    Bike is tiny- amazingly so. A GXR would look huge parked next to it, I expect.

Found one ergo problem- non adjustable clutch lever. Brake lever is adjustable.

Should be a hoot to ride and is certainly going to bring younger folks into the dealerships- a good thing.

NOT trading my RT for one- basically its a toy for play, not transportation for distance. Wouldn't take it to work every day if had one. Might make a nice 3rd bike though...
    (and I'm not the target market age group anyway)

Oh great another crotch rocket. BMW looses market share because they are making bikes for 22 yr olds who can't afford them.

Quote Originally Posted by R80andR100RT View Post
    Oh great another crotch rocket. BMW looses market share because they are making bikes for 22 yr olds who can't afford them.
    You might want to read this months article in ON and the interview with MR. De Waal. It fully explains why they decided to build it.
    It's base price really isn't that much more then a Honda CBR1000.
    BMW is trying to get a larger share of the motorcycle market and I for one I'm glad that their doing it. These 20 year old are the RT, GT and GS rider's of the future.
    It's the cradle to grave philosophy, I for one wished they would have done this long ago.

Rally Rat
    I just renewed to get my ticket for the contest. Now when I win.......

A place known for it's really warm climate will be frozen solid.

But my membership was due anyway and it was free.

Rod