• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

S1000RR launch results

knary

looking for a coal mine
The press responses to the new machine are starting to come in. It looks like BMW hit it out of the park. :clap

want oh want oh want oh want oh want

Over the past few months, I've ridden an MV Agusta F4 Senna, a GSXR1000, a Ducati Streetfighter R and an Aprilia RSV4R.

I'd love to score a ride on an S 1000 RR. It sounds like it's right in the ballpark with those bikes. In the spring, our local dealer with have demo bikes. I'll ride one and report back. I've got just the local ride...

They are pretty cool looking and sounding. They had several of them at the BMW Biker Meeting in Garmisch this past July... including the actual race bikes.

Attachments

• darryl_rubenxaus.jpg
    darryl_rubenxaus.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 686
want oh want oh want oh want oh want

That's a lot of scoot meng, I can say that I would jump her but could I ride her proud?
The question may loom long.
Nice production bike but honestly I'd like to see the concept six produced, big block too much mass but a gorgeous motorcycle.
/Hijack off */
Darryl I hate you, right place right time again!

That's a lot of scoot meng, I can say that I would jump her but could I ride her proud?
The question may loom long.
Nice production bike but honestly I'd like to see the concept six produced, big block too much mass but a gorgeous motorcycle.
/Hijack off */
Darryl I hate you, right place right time again!

At least we've got the roads for it here. I ride with some guys that are running the latest and greatest sporting stuff, along with some exotica. I think the S 1000 RR will fit right in with it.

At least we've got the roads for it here. I ride with some guys that are running the latest and greatest sporting stuff, along with some exotica. I think the S 1000 RR will fit right in with it.

Yes somehow I have a feeling you see the coolest first Dave, where'd I get that?

Yes somehow I have a feeling you see the coolest first Dave, where'd I get that?

It's the region. The bay area is like moto mecca.

Last week, I rode with a Bimota SB8, a ZRX12, a 1983 GPz1100 and a brandy new RSV4R. I was on the RT.

I almost never see Harleys when I'm out. :) No offense to the HD folks, but I get tired of passing them. :evil

It's the region. The bay area is like moto mecca.

Last week, I rode with a Bimota SB8, a ZRX12, a 1983 GPz1100 and a brandy new RSV4R. I was on the RT.

I almost never see Harleys when I'm out. :) No offense to the HD folks, but I get tired of passing them. :evil
I like all the bikes you list here. Lots of Harleys on the road in Iowa and consequently that is what I see mostly. Nothin' wrong with that but mundane from my perspective. Last summer while drivin' a car I passed a group of bikes, had to work at it to get around 'em ( 4 lane highway), but I wanted to get a look at the bikes. An eclectic bunch and the kind of bikes I like. There was a new 800GS, a Kawi. Concours, a Ducati and a Triumph! They were packed to go and going they were..... fast. Wish I could have ridden with them, wherever they were going!

On a side note I dropped back. They were well into ticket territory . If I had been on a motorcycle I would have hung with 'em for awhile, but in the car it's not the same fun factor, and didn't want to push my luck!

Last edited:
I like all the bikes you list here. Lots of Harleys on the road in Iowa and consequently that is what I see mostly. Nothin' wrong with that but mundane from my perspective. Last summer while drivin' a car I passed a group of bikes, had to work at it to get around 'em ( 4 lane highway), but I wanted to get a look at the bikes. An eclectic bunch and the kind of bikes I like. There was a new 800GS, a Kawi. Concours, a Ducati and a Triumph! They were packed to go and going they were..... fast. Wish I could have ridden with them, wherever they were going!

This morning at the Tomales Bakery, there was my R12GS, two R11GSs (didn't know those guys) a heavily modified and streetfightered Mille, a pristing Mille R and a GSXR 1000 ridden by a German guy in full leathers in his 60s. Last week, I saw a Desmosedici ridden by a guy about 75 years old. His chicken strips were a solid two inches wide on each side. :huh

This morning at the Tomales Bakery, there was my R12GS, two R11GSs (didn't know those guys) a heavily modified and streetfightered Mille, a pristing Mille R and a GSXR 1000 ridden by a German guy in full leathers in his 60s. Last week, I saw a Desmosedici ridden by a guy about 75 years old. His chicken strips were a solid two inches wide on each side. :huh
I may have to move to California! Maybe the Desmo is for sale?

keith Code is replacing Kaws for the RR in his classes.

You know I wouldn't plunk down the bucks for S1000RR. Not my kind of bike but boy, oh boy, would I love to ride one!

I have two words for BMW NA

If the review hype is real - two words BMW North America should consider are:

1. Daytona

2. Duhamel

Did well in the UK review...

<embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f8/711883929" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=57605685001&playerId=711883929&viewerSecureGatewayURL=https://console.brightcove.com/services/amfgateway&servicesURL=http://services.brightcove.com/services&cdnURL=http://admin.brightcove.com&domain=embed&autoStart=false&" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="510" height="550" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" swLiveConnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed>

Fishtail Riding School

Just got an e-mail from Fishtail Riding School http://www.fishtailridingschool.com/(great guys, BTW) that MAX's BMW will provide them with 2 - S1000RR's. Rob Nigl (local LRRS fast guy) will pilot one in the 2010 racing season.

Hmmm ... hopefully I'll get to one of their classes this upcoming season. Would be great to see the SBK in action there ... or better yet, ride on at Keith Code's.

Back