• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The REDMOND 1000!

Saddle Sore 1000

I completed mine last year coming home from Johnson City. It took me about 4 months to get my award after completing the ride. I understand that due to the number of applicants and the need to verify is why the processing time is so long. I admit I was a little anxious and I kept wondering if the two deputies that signed my ending verification would remember me. Got my certificate and plate last week - early Christmas present. :newtoy

The Redmond 1000 is a great way to complete the SS 1000 and get immediate satisfaction :clap

FYI - I did mine on the stock GSA seat and I'm still recovering. Just got my Russell seat from the winter group buy and looking forward to completing another Iron Butt this summer.

I was on the fence about attending the rally due to time and distance but this may have pushed me over the edge :)

Thanks for offering this, Rob. It sounds like a fantastic opportunity, and one more reason to attend!

Joe

Redmond SS1K Question

Looking forward to attending my first MOA rally since Spokane!

Will the Redmond 1000 include side trip visits for points accumulation? Or is it "just" a "ride to Redmond in 24 hours" thing?

Thanks!

Saddle Sore 1000

Thanks for going to all the trouble to put together some routes to the rally.
It will make it simple for me to earn this coveted license-plate holder. I'll be leaving from Mesquite.

Thanks
Tom

-ride-eat-ride-ride-eat-ride-ride-eat-ride

Seems like a great way to get a SS1000 done. Certificate and pizza......:eat
Miles City looks like a good place to start..

curt

Looking forward to attending my first MOA rally since Spokane!

Will the Redmond 1000 include side trip visits for points accumulation? Or is it "just" a "ride to Redmond in 24 hours" thing?

No, there aren't side trips to acquire points. This is a 1000+ mile ride finished in 24 hours - an IBA Saddlesore 1000.

Redmond 1000

See you in Cheyenne. I will be looking for details as they develop. Thanks for putting this together.

This would be the boring way... but fast...

Weyburn or bust!

Attachments

• Round Trip.jpg
    Round Trip.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 471
I must be just as squiffy as you since I am considering riding east from Calgary to Miles City - don't know if there is anyone else from Cowtown thinking of doing the same??

Well let's find out.................

Who's in for Miles City, where are you coming from and when do you plan on arriving/leaving MC?

I'm probably leaving Regina July 13, overnight in MC, then the run on July 14/15.

:ca

Redmond 1000:

The Redmond 1000 allows riders to begin their ride between 8:00 am on Tuesday July 13 and 11:00 a.m. Thursday, July 15. However, riders must finish in Redmond 24 hours after they begin and no later than 11:00 a.m. Friday, July 16.

The MOA magazine has different dates and times for the SS1K. Can someone please clarify which is correct? :confused:

Mahalo!

Redmond 1000

[IBA=quote]
Riders will start between 8:00 a.m. Tuesday, July 13 and 11:00 a.m.
Thursday, July 15 from one of three locations east and south of Redmond:
Mesquite, NV, Cheyenne, WY or Miles City, MT.

The IBA site has the same information as shown on this site. http://www.ironbutt.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4121&PN=1

I hope this is right since it gives a bit more time for everyone to start. Of course everyone starting about the same time might be fun to. Get to see some folks through the day.. (I suppose they'll be a few rally goers on the road)

The ON also has Wednesday July 15th as the start day. The 15th is Thursday.....

I'm sure they'll get more details as they get things worked out.

I'm still thinking Miles City, Thursday Morning.

[IBA=quote]

The IBA site has the same information as shown on this site. http://www.ironbutt.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4121&PN=1

I hope this is right since it gives a bit more time for everyone to start. Of course everyone starting about the same time might be fun to. Get to see some folks through the day.. (I suppose they'll be a few rally goers on the road)

The ON also has Wednesday July 15th as the start day. The 15th is Thursday.....

I'm sure they'll get more details as they get things worked out.

I'm still thinking Miles City, Thursday Morning.

The IBA site and information I post on this forum are correct.

We faced a deadline for the Owners News and apoligize for any confusion.

Seems like a great way to get a SS1000 done. Certificate and pizza......:eat
Miles City looks like a good place to start..

curt

Seems like there is not much interest in Mesquite. Can someone explain why? I am planning:

Gig harbor, wa
to either Miles City or Mesquite (I keep oscillating)
to Redmond, OR.

Thus making an SS2000.

Thanks,
Bob

I'm starting in Mesquite!

El Cerrito (SF Bay Area) down to Mesquite (657 miles) with a stop in Lost Wages to make enough money at the tables to fund my trip!

Seems like there is not much interest in Mesquite. Can someone explain why? I am planning:

Gig harbor, wa
to either Miles City or Mesquite (I keep oscillating)
to Redmond, OR.

Thus making an SS2000.

Thanks,
Bob

No real reason..
Been to Cheyenne
Been to Mesquite
Haven't been to Miles City. Might be bit cooler in July. Plus a trip through North Yellowstone and Beartooth pass on the way to Miles City might be kinda nice.

Back