• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Arctic Circle

Great job!

Kept my interest and it gave the feeling from your narrative and clips of what it was like and the music is great.

One of the better documentaries I've seen about an alaskan run.

Hey Mundo, thanks for taking us along. I hope to make the same trip someday. The beauty of the northwest is amazing. Your film made it look so inviting. Thank you.

Yessss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap I give you a 12 out of 10 :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

thank yewwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent, thanks for posting. Damn, now my dinner's cold.
thanks, sorry about dinner Terham but it made me remember something ... here's a simple " touring tip" I learned from the club mag and used on this trip. Chinese " to go plate". Chinese restaurants are everywhere across the world really , get lunch and a "to go" plate, wrap well and bungee to the top of the load. Instant dinner in any wilderness camp!

Bravo -

I was either just before you or just after you. I was probably on the Dalton on June 2-4. I travelled many of the same roads - your sound track was first rate.

The 'wetting' of the road is with calcium chloride - after the slop sets up, it becomes hard and almost dust free. I agree though - riding in fresh slop is not for the faint of heart.

I would have been the guy with the Yellow 1150GS (a slightly better bike on the gravel/mud regions).

Cheers, and very well done.

I was either just before you or just after you. I was probably on the Dalton on June 2-4. I travelled many of the same roads - your sound track was first rate.

The 'wetting' of the road is with calcium chloride - after the slop sets up, it becomes hard and almost dust free. I agree though - riding in fresh slop is not for the faint of heart.

I would have been the guy with the Yellow 1150GS (a slightly better bike on the gravel/mud regions).

Cheers, and very well done.

I spent the night of May 27th out there. It surprised me that I saw almost NO north bound motos until I headed home . Then I started seeing more . Classic ride huh ? you had the right stuff (1150gs) ... did you go north of the circle ? thanks for watching !!!

Excellent!!

I enjoyed your video - great job of capturing the flavor of the ride. I made a similar trip in June/July 2007 - I rode solo from California to Montana where I met up with a buddy and we rode together to Fairbanks via the Cassiar Hwy. We split up for 5 days and I rode solo to Prudhoe Bay. I joined up with my buddy again in Talkeetna, AK and we rode together to TOK where we split up again. My buddy then caught a ferry at Haines and I continued home via Chicken, Dawson City and the Alaskan Hwy. I posted my journey HERE.

Congratulations on a ride well done. :clap:clap
It brought back memories. Thanks! :thumb

Last edited:
Quickest 24 minutes

What a great film. That was the fastest 24 minutes in my life. Really enjoyed it

Thanks Thanks Thanks

:clap

I want to go!

A question I have is what equipment did you use to shoot the video and pictures?

-steve

Inspiring!

Amazing documentary! I think you caught the true spirit of the challenges facing a lone rider in unfamiliar and challenging country. Thank-you for posting this - I was in a funk looking outside this morning at the snow and ice on the roads knowing how long it would be until spring and now I know what I have to to... get planning for the next, great adventure.:clap:clap:clap wooooo hoooooo!

Ride -

Mundobravo - We went from Fairbanks to Deadhorse in a day and returned the next day. The GS - with knobby Continentals - was a good machine for this road..even so I bottomed out the suspension several times.

Sorry I missed you. Darn few bikers up there that early in the year... even fewer bugs which was a good thing.

Great country.

I need to go back.

Back