• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

RV Reservations at Redmond

ADSINGER

www.MotoEuro.org
Does anyone know when we will be able to reserve RV space on site? And do we do so through MOA or the fairgrounds? Is there a contact person?

I'm concerned because the spaces in TN were sold out before I even heard thay reservations were open.

Thanks.

Alan.

The two sites are;

These two rally sites are totally different, not even close in comparison vs. landscape. This one in Redmond is flat ground and RVing should be much easier, but I'm not in the know either about sites. I went to Redmond the first time(tented) and found it really nice and Tenn was too, even with RV challenges in Tenn.. Just some comfort knowing Redmond is a flat rally site:) and lends itself to large RV parking. Randy...PS; I really enjoyed Tenn and Redmond, finding both premium sites for our rallies:)...

You're right

The Tennessee site was not RV friendly. As you said, it was very rolling, and also not much in the way of RV hookups. We travel with a cat (don't ask) so need electric for AC when we're away from the camper in summertime. We ended up at a KOA about 15 minutes awayfrom the rally this year.

I was at the first Redmond, sans RV, I rode out from FL. It's a great site and a beautiful location. Really looking forward to going back. From what I understand there is a real RV park on site with hookups. There seems to a growing trend for people to use RVs at MOA rallies. I just hope there's space for all.

alan.
wwwMotoEuro.org

R V Reservations

The target date for making RV reservations is March 1, 2010. The details are being worked out as to how they are going to be handled.

I'll keep you posted.

Huey

Cooler REDMOND:)

Hopefully, it will be really nice at 4000' elevation and ACs won't be required in the RVs. Even without hookups, a promising weekend is to be had in that area of the USA:). High desert, alpine mixed in, with low humidity makes the best camping and Redmond is this! Randy...PS; ANY Airstream owners out there? I've been thinking of that brand, but afraid to go look!

Hopefully, it will be really nice at 4000' elevation and ACs won't be required in the RVs. Even without hookups, a promising weekend is to be had in that area of the USA:). High desert, alpine mixed in, with low humidity makes the best camping and Redmond is this! Randy...PS; ANY Airstream owners out there? I've been thinking of that brand, but afraid to go look!

I've been to Redmond at least three times, including the last rally there. My recollection is that July is quite warmduring the day and cool at night. Weatherwise it's a very nice place. But I would not leave an animal iin a closed up vehicle sitting in the sun.

alan.

It changes;

If we have a High Pressure weather system over the area, it will be warmer. Otherwise, the opposite with a Low Pressure system and noticably cooler. Luck of the draw, week by week. I'll have to check the Farmers Almanac for regional weather this year:). Randy

Is there tent camping available there? We plan to ride, so no RV behind us.
Yup, and it's flat at the fairgrounds with nice grass. This was a brand new site when we were there last. The trees are bigger now, but there still isn't a lot of shade yet. Nice site.

tb

About that RV'in?

More and more "bikes" are towing RV camper rigs behind them nowadays! I guess the m/c campers are considered RVs, yes? Gotta love the wide variety of stuff folks come on and in:). Makes it all intersting....Randy

No News on RV Reservations Yet?

I just got the latest Owners News. Lots of info on the Redmond rally. But still nothing about making RV reservations. Still waiting.

alan.
www.MotoEuro.org

That is correct. And at the last two rallies we had over 100 RVs attend. In Tenn. many were forced to camp up to ten miles away as the sites were booked/sold before many knew reservations had opened.

The Jan ON which I got today said there was going to be >100 RV sites!!

100RVs;

Not even close as one recent rally had 200+ and I think it was Wisconsin? Not sure which, but it was quite noticable with all the RV rigs at that rally. I think we should always try and plan for much more than a hundred RVs. Maybe not all with full hookups, but at least room for them all to park and camp, generators and all. A generator time curfew, of course:). Randy:usa

As Huey said, RV reservations will open March 1 along with regular rally registration. There are 105 RV spaces in the RV park and we also have unlimited dry camping on your choice of grass or asphalt. There will be much more info posted as time gets closer. Huey and Steeve are on top of the situation and will keep you posted here. :bikes

Last edited:
Back