Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Look who's coming to dinner.

Hi, All,
    Last year (before the lay-off) I was working at the copper mine in Morenci, AZ. With Harriet gone and no one in the house, I pulled an extra shift and let someone with a family stay home during the holiday (same at Christmas). This year, being "forcibly retired", I'm cooking dinner at home - roasted, stuffed Cornish Game Hens - for Harriet's 2 brothers. The 3 of us will have dinner and then all three of my K75's will be in use for the rest of the day and probably the next day or two.
    Ride Safe,
    Phil Marvin - El Paso, TX
    '94 K75A/3
    '95 K75RTP

[The 3 of us will have dinner and then all three of my K75's will be in use for the rest of the day and probably the next day or two.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a great way to spend the holiday!
    Well behaved women seldom make history.
    Kathryn_________________________________________
    2002 R1150R yellow

And, Phil. Just imagine how many family guys envy you!

Voni
    sMiling
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador Emeritus / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million 100 thousand BMW sMiles

In my humble opinion Thanksgiving is the beginning of the holiday season where we really feel the stress of any family dysfunction. This is the time of year that I think about how I wish I had a family that was close. In the last couple of years I've realized family is what you make of it. It's not the bio family, it's the family you choose.

We're really lucky that the kids actually do love us. Thanksgiving this year will be at my son-in-law's parents house. They only live a few miles from us. Joining us will be my son, my daughter, son-in-law (of course) and our grandson Roman. We're very lucky. This isn't an obligation, it's a choice. And Mark and I have each other. Doesn't get much better than that.

We've always invited people that are alone (for whatever reason) to Thanksgiving dinner. That's what it's all about. So - I'll take this moment to wish all of you blessings and a peaceful, stress-free holiday.

Tina

Well, Thanksgiving was last month for us, that's so we get the best pick of the turkeys!

I always cook our turkey on the BBQ, uncovered for the last 20 or 30 minutes with the rear infra-red burner on to give the turkey that nice colour.

Darn, now I'm dreaming of turkey, stuffing, cranberries, parsnips..............Rod.
    Work is the curse of the riding class

BUBBAZANETTI
    just finished making my Tourtiere (French Canadian Meat Pie) and will be heading up to MA with it in a cooler tomorrow afternoon. 2 thanksgiving dinners on thursday about 2 hours apart then planning on hanging with friends and my dad this weekend. still better than trying to cram anyone into my place.

have a good one everybody!

I long for the Thanksgiving of old.
    When my mom was alive we celebrated the November birthdays among "us" kids over Thanksgiving. It was an old fashioned kind of get-together, offering the traditional culinary family goodies with a special cake-a big torte, actually, baked by a survivor of the camps who owned an old fashioned bakery (read: 500 calories per bite!).

As mentioned in other posts in this thread, our extended family has many of the characteristics of others including the challenge of distance, some strained family relations, and this horrific economy.

I miss those days. I miss the simplicity and the clarity.

What is Newstar's book about?
    "What is beautiful is simple, and what is simple always works"....Kalashnikov, inventor of the AK-47.
    Current bike: 2015 Yamaha TW 200, modified for road/street use with tire, sprocket upgrades. "Center yourself in the vertizontal. Ride a motorcycle...namaste' "