• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Moving south

MOONDOG59

Anybody from the Savannah, Ga. area?

I landed a job there and moving into the area from Vermont.

Would be nice to hook up for info about the local area and what is available. I won't have the bike at first, but coming down after I get settled in.

Cool weather gear in the winter? Next club meeting? Etc, etc, etc.

Savannah is a beautiful city. You might want to check out the annual IBMWR Ride to Savannah rally on Tybee Island Dec. 4-5. You will meet lots of BMW riders. Jerry Duke is the contact person.

The BMW Club Of NE FL meets the first Sun of every month in Jacksonville, FL. We will be holding our annual Winter Rally at Camp Blanding in Jan 2010. Send me a PM and I will contact you. Ride Safe :usa :usa

Can't speak to the riding or the beemer folk, but Savannah is one of my favorite places to visit. Last year I took my wife there for several days, and then up to Hilton Head and over to Parris Island. It is one of the few places she would like to visit again.

I spent 23 months at MCAS Beaufort in the mid seventies. The humidity of the area will take some getting used to.

If good dining is a passion there are dozens of good restaurants to choose from.

And congrats on the new job! :thumb

Thanks for the feedback.

Anyone know the pleasant side of town to look for housing? I am going to be working at the airport and don't know the area.

Some priorities rank over riding (at the moment) like putting a roofover my head :)

I have registered with the BMWGOA but haven't made it through the process yet.

The BMW Club Of NE FL meets the first Sun of every month in Jacksonville, FL. We will be holding our annual Winter Rally at Camp Blanding in Jan 2010. Send me a PM and I will contact you. Ride Safe :usa :usa

Hopefully I'll have my bike down there by then. If not I'll bring the cage with me.

Back