• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New BMW owner

J

jcappelletti

Hi all, I'm a recent BMW convert, a 2002 R1150R, and I can say I love this bike! :heart
I've ridden for more than 30 years and have owned numerous Japanese bikes in that time. None have been as good as this machine.
This all came about several weeks ago when my wife (Jenny) and I were in the local bike shop looking for a set of boots for her, she saw the 1150 first and called me over. We checked out the bike and she said if you want this one you can have it!
Could not believe my ears, so I did not waste any time, I bought it.
Unfortunately winter is on the way and I don't think I'll get to many more rides in before I have to put it away, but I'm going to squeeze as many as I can in before the snow flies.
Thanks for reading.
JC

Welcome.

Next you'll be buying electric clothing so you don't have to put the bike away in the winter.

John

Welcome JC - nice biek you got there.

If you haven't already check the Oilhead section in the Garage Forum and don't foprget to post a picture.

Welcome and check in often

Welcome to the family JC.

Glad to have you here. You will find a way to sneak in a few more rides yet this year, I'm sure.

How about posting a pic of your bike.

Ride Well
Ride Often
Ride to :eat

Great story! Welcome to the forum. I hope you have a garage where you can sit next to the bike during the cold winter days, and start your relationship.

:)

Welcome from an R1150R rider! Besides this forum also check into www.R1150R.org for even more bike specific info. Much is the sam in both places when you search but both are a treasure trove of helpful info.

Thanks for the welcome!

Thank you all for the welcome!
I will post a pic of my bike soon, just need to get a hold of a digital camera.
Your right the bikes a keeper and so is my wife, she's been very supportive, (and is riding a Piaggio MP3 250 at this time), of my riding.
I'm still out riding, though it has been very cold at night, coming home from work, but I will continue until either it's just too cold or there's snow on the ground.

I am looking for some cold weather gear to extend my season, probably find something at the winter bike show's.

Thanks again! :D
JC

Back