Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How long?

RTST
    Wife and I met on a Harley ride (we both ride BMW's now) in June 1988 and were married two months later in August. Have ridden the whole time.
    Larry

bob1100rtc
    I married my wife 8 months after our first date. 2 kids and 25 years later and we're still in love/lust. When it's the right person it's the right person.

Rally Rat
    I do hope that is the case for my friend. I guess when it's right....go for it!

Intermediate Adventurer Newstar's Avatar
    Matt and I met (officially) after I had a few very choice words for him in a public hallway at the hospital where we both worked. We dated for about a year before he was transferred to DE. For financial reasons, we moved in together and he proposed two years later. I told him that as a child of divorced parents, I believed if I never married, I'd never divorce. So he better be absolutely sure.

We just celebrated our 15th anniversary so I guess he was sure.

Quote Originally Posted by SIBUD View Post
    Let's see. Met in Sept, 64, married in July 67 and working on our 43rd year.

I wish I knew then what I know now.

You make a decision, every single day, to love.

Not lust, not infatuation, not warm fuzzies, not happily ever after. While all nice, they are not real love.

Love is a choice we make over, and over and over.

At least that is the view from my front porch.
    Thanks,Sibud,my thoughts exactly.Love is a decision.
    Sometimes,nothing is a real cool hand.

I have been married twice,kids both times,wonderful people.
    My first ex wife was a peach,died 6 years ago,we made peace and continued our love that was interrupted by misunderstanding and divorce.
    My second ex wife made herself into my enemy for 15 years,that ended this past spring.That has been a very hard process.
    My sweetheart of the last 13 years and I just decided I would move into her house and join our "stuff".
    I love her,she loves me,we both have our terms and conditions,and finally,suddenly,the conditions are right.

Who can say?Love is a decision that is not always easy to make,and once made,is challenged and made all over again.All the time every day.

For me,the decision is made easier because I trust my sweetheart.Seems like it has taken her longer to trust me.
    Sometimes,nothing is a real cool hand.

Rally Rat
    Well, she did it! The ceremony was lovely, performed by a Judge in his chambers. We had a good time and her new hubby is friendly and funny. Nice combination.

Not bad, girlfriend!

We got married in a fever, hotter than a pepper sprout.

Her mom was sure she was pregnant; 11 years later that proved to be true.

Her mom was sure it would not last; maybe so, but 34 years and counting.

The fever is still there!
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

Sudani, I hope he proves to be as good a friend to you as you are to his new wife.