• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Name the forum/engine contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
That actually would be my suggestion. The changes are evolutionary, not revolutionary (ie - almost no parts from the oilheads are interchangeable with hexhead bikes - and the electronics, drivetrain, engine, etc are all completely different.) The overhead cam bikes are more evolutionary - the bottom end of the engines are basically the same, wiring is the same, driveline is the same. The changes are to the head and some switch-gear and body panels. To me - that isn't enough to warrant a new forum. I think adding another "tech" forum will simply dilute the potential sharing of common information on models that are actually very much the same.

YMMV.. :dance

:thumb

Easy:german

New Name for the 2010 Boxer Motor

I like the name Radial for the new radial valve arrangement in the cylinder heads. It also harkens back to the radial engine days in the airplane and goes with the rotating propeller of the BMW logo.

My 2 cents

Camheads is my favorite so far. :D

Since it does look a bit like a face, how about:

Foreheads or 4-Heads?

Name

How about:
Radheads (for radial ), or
Quadheads

Then again, if we could talk BMW into adding a touch of red to them, we could call them Redheads. I've always liked those! But then, brunettes and blonde's are great also. :nyah

I don't think it is different enough to warrant a new name. They don't change the name of a car when they add a camshaft. Name changes should be reserved for significant changes. Did the Bricks change when the head changed?

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back