• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Name the forum/engine contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why a new forum???!

If the 2010's are virtually identical to the hexheads, except for the heads, the handgrip switchgear and a few other sundry items, WHY IS MOA CONTEMPLATING A NEW FORUM??

Seems like *lots* of good common information that both hexheads and camheads would want to know about will be missed by being spread across two different forums.

Come on, gang, the new DOHC arrangment is interesting, but this is not like the wedge-K introduction (which clearly warranted a new forum) -- it's not even as significant as the differences between the oilheads and the hexheads (CANbus, new final drive, new internals to accomodate the counterbalancer and its shaft, etc).

Let's start a petition drive! Keep the hexheads and their kissin' cousin camhead kin together!!

[soapbox mode /OFF]

Mark Neblett
Fairfax, VA

nocken + noggin:thumb

Ok, Here's my stab at it. From the suggestion NOCKEN HEADS where head = Noggin I got NockNoggin Or NockenNoggin:deal just in time for a Spring intro!:dunno

Len

If the 2010's are virtually identical to the hexheads, except for the heads, the handgrip switchgear and a few other sundry items, WHY IS MOA CONTEMPLATING A NEW FORUM??

Seems like *lots* of good common information that both hexheads and camheads would want to know about will be missed by being spread across two different forums.

Come on, gang, the new DOHC arrangment is interesting, but this is not like the wedge-K introduction (which clearly warranted a new forum) -- it's not even as significant as the differences between the oilheads and the hexheads (CANbus, new final drive, new internals to accomodate the counterbalancer and its shaft, etc).

Let's start a petition drive! Keep the hexheads and their kissin' cousin camhead kin together!!

[soapbox mode /OFF]

Mark Neblett
Fairfax, VA

I was thinking the same thing and almost posted yesterday, but thought if the folks here want another forum, why should I object. All the models have had some significant changes over their run, so it would par for the course to leave it as the "Hexhead."

Being the devil's adovate for a sec here, are there really a significant number of changes to warrant a new forum?

Is there room on that soapbox for another? If so, I'm up there with you. :thumb

Here are a few suggestions for the new boxer bikes and forum:

Muscle Heads

based on the look, sort of like a face that knows something you don't and is willing to kick your ass, this one seems the best. It has a nice ring to it too.

"Seen the new Muscleheads?" "That new musclehead hauls ass!"

A couple of alternatives:

Fresh Heads

Novel heads
:type

I was thinking the same thing and almost posted yesterday, but thought if the folks here want another forum, why should I object. All the models have had some significant changes over their run, so it would par for the course to leave it as the "Hexhead."

Being the devil's adovate for a sec here, are there really a significant number of changes to warrant a new forum?

Good point. And are these design changes for the new boxer engine more significant than, say, 2-valve vs. 4-valve K brick engines? 1000 vs. 1100 cc bricks? Klassic K's vs. the later K1200RS/GT models? I think not. :nono

-MTS

Why do we have to have a new forum site for the 10's? Don't the HP2s fit in well enough now?

Easy :german

Clearly a name with its roots in old German would be appropriate....

Dunderhead! :ear

How about Airrow Head. The head is tapered toward the from like an arrow. I think Airrow Head is evolutionary.:violin

How about not creating a new forum?

Isn't 90% of the bike the same as the '09 model?
That actually would be my suggestion. The changes are evolutionary, not revolutionary (ie - almost no parts from the oilheads are interchangeable with hexhead bikes - and the electronics, drivetrain, engine, etc are all completely different.) The overhead cam bikes are more evolutionary - the bottom end of the engines are basically the same, wiring is the same, driveline is the same. The changes are to the head and some switch-gear and body panels. To me - that isn't enough to warrant a new forum. I think adding another "tech" forum will simply dilute the potential sharing of common information on models that are actually very much the same.

YMMV.. :dance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back