• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Name the forum/engine contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moderation Interuption

We have been provided the prizes to be awarded!!!

The first post has been modified with the new information and can be found here First Post Link

Reminder - thread closing in 3 days, get your suggestions in.

Back to normally scheduled programming.............................

New Forum Name?

DOCHEADS.

DOC = Double Overhead Cam.

It was mentioned earlier DOHC and to pronounce it Duck.
Um, ain't that a Ducati? :brow

Besides, overhead is one word.

I think I said this already but couldn't find it, and no one is going there anyway, but I like TECHHead for the technological advances and high tech look. But, BMW is known for that anyway, so nothing new here. Personally, while it is getting a lot play, CamHead seems to be understating a little.

Dave

I think I said this already but couldn't find it, and no one is going there anyway, but I like TECHHead for the technological advances and high tech look. But, BMW is known for that anyway, so nothing new here. Personally, while it is getting a lot play, CamHead seems to be understating a little.

Dave

I have been slowly compiling the suggestions - i'm up to page 11.........

Anyway the poll that will be posted next week will make the final determination.

Keep them coming - this thread is getting a good run.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

My ideas are;

ZWEIER NOCKEN = two cam

ZWILLING NOCKEN = twin cam

So my vote is for "Z-NOCKEN" :clap:clap

So, try to imitate Schultz from Hogan's Heroes and say Z-Nocken. It is even kind of ironic because it sounds like "She's nockin".

OK, one more could be Doppel Nocken or "D-Nocken" for dual cam.

I seem to stuck on the Nocken thing:D

I haven't read the entire thread so I don't know if my idea has already been mentioned.

When I first read about the dual overhead cams per cylinder, my first reaction was, Twinhead! What do you think? Got to admit, kind of catchy.

Rick G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back