Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Rick Mayer vs Bill Mayer vs Russell vs other custom seats

Rich's custom Seats, up here in Washington. Went with full leather Driver & Pillion.

Part pebbled leather part fine grain. . My bike is Black Saphhire Met. So did it Black leather with Silver Stitching, both seats still heated and have a gelpad!

Comfort ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ and looks great!

Since I could go to the shop, it is completely custom to my rear but Rich does mail order too!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The Older I Get, the Faster I Was"
    '09 Black Metallic Sapphire "Fully Farkled" RT

Rtinger
    I have a low suspension model with a low Corbin seat--which I had built up a little bit. It is not as good as the original low Corbin because they screwed up the shape of the seat I had them put on a little bit more foam...though I like this height!

I find that seats that are really high, of course, have more foam and are comfortable; whereas seats that are lower have less foam and hard as a rock. There does not seem to be a way to find a comfortable low seat.

We live in a rustic cabin in Maine though our residence is in NH.

Rick.Mayer Seats

Is Rick Mayer still making seats in 2019? He has made three for me and I have been really happy with them. A year or two ago I heard he was out of business, does anyone know if he is back?
    Thanks

Kool Aid Dispenser! jimvonbaden's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zekezeller View Post
    Is Rick Mayer still making seats in 2019? He has made three for me and I have been really happy with them. A year or two ago I heard he was out of business, does anyone know if he is back?
    Thanks
    I figured he would be in jail by now, for all the people he stole from that pressed charges against him. Definitely buyer beware!

Jim
    www.JVBProductions.com Now, all videos available via download or DVD, or USB for the Wethead.

Registered User RIDERR1150GSADV's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jimvonbaden View Post
    I figured he would be in jail by now, for all the people he stole from that pressed charges against him. Definitely buyer beware!

Jim
    Wow! That bad eh??

He made a seat for me back in 2004 and although it took a while, the result was quite spectacular, as the K1200LT back then had the most horrendous seat ever produced by BMW...
    It was the first and only time I ever needed to change seats...
    MOA # 108516
    Current ride 2018 R1200 GSA Triple Black
    Past rides '04 R1150RT, '05 K1200LT, '06 R1150GSA, 17 R1200RT

Kool Aid Dispenser! jimvonbaden's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDERR1150GSADV View Post
    Wow! That bad eh??

He made a seat for me back in 2004 and although it took a while, the result was quite spectacular, as the K1200LT back then had the most horrendous seat ever produced by BMW...
    It was the first and only time I ever needed to change seats...
    The quality of his seats was never an issue. That he would take your seat base and never deliver, plus he charged up front, was the issue. I had two of his seats, and it took 6 months and a lot of emails, to get them back.

Jim
    www.JVBProductions.com Now, all videos available via download or DVD, or USB for the Wethead.