• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Arkansas F800GS Rider - Lost Camera on Telihina Scenic Highway

kenk

While riding the Telihina Scenic Highway (Hwy 8 20 miles west of Mena) on Saturday, I found a very nice digital camera in a soft case in the middle of the road.

In the soft case was an additional memory chip and memory stick. All total, approximately 2,000 digital photos dating back to 2007. From viewing the photos, I was able to determine the owner of this camera is from Arkansas and owns a new black & yellow F800GS and a DR650 Suzuki.

If anyone knows an Arkansas rider with a new F800GS, please have them reply to this message. Hopefully, I will be able to return this camera to its rightful owner.

I plan on calling BMW of Bentonville tomorrow to see if they know the owner. If you know an Arkansas BMW owner with a yellow / black F800GS, please call him / her and let them know.

Last edited:
Called Bentonville BMW this morning and they were able to determine the owner of the camera. He's from the Fort Smith area. I received a call from him, so mystery solved.

Called Bentonville BMW this morning and they were able to determine the owner of the camera. He's from the Fort Smith area. I received a call from him, so mystery solved.

If we ever meet up, I owe you a meal, seriously.
And major Kharma in your direction, dude.

If we ever meet up, I owe you a meal, seriously.
And major Kharma in your direction, dude.

While I was trying to determine the owner of this camera, I reviewed the photos on his memory stick, 1 mg memory card and 2 mg memory card in camera. There were approximately 2000 photos that can't be replaced. You can alway buy another camera. These photos of his children growing up, graduations, vacation, family gathering, etc. are too personnel to not do everything you can to find the owner.

After I got home, I made sure I put identification in my camera case. I would like to think that a good number of folks would do the same if I lost my camera. What comes around, goes around.

Back