• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Minnesota Bonus Time

kentuvman

Got 300 miles in today on my K75 - what a day we had! 65 degree + weather, blue skies, light winds.

Started @9:30am and headed to Whitewater State Park in SE MN aka Bluff Country. Brought my fly rod but found out fishing season is off until January. So, continued through twisties to Hwy 61 - headed South & crossed Winona bridge into Wisconsin. Picked up Hwy 35 No. and rode to Rieks Lake where the Tundra Swans stop on their migration from Canada & Artic Circle - beautiful birds! Also saw some Canvas Back Ducks - all kinds of ducks. WOW!

Headed back to Alma for lunch at a cafe overlooking Mississippi River & north on Wisconsin 35 - a very nice ride and nice rides - many bikes out today. Got detoured past Red Wing - biker on a white Suzuki down and looking very hurt. Paramedics & police we're trying to assist but looked pretty grim. Another mile up the road traffic stopped again - I thought I saw a plane that landed on the hwy but could be mistaken - had to detour east, north and then west to pick up 35.

When all said and done 300 miles on the K75 - what a smooth ride this machine is. I can't believe how enjoyable it is to ride.

Attachments

• k75route.gif
    k75route.gif
    75.7 KB · Views: 69
Tundra Swans

Seen at Riecks Lake on the Wisconsin side just north of Alma. Very breathtaking to see these beautiful birds!

Attachments

• tundraswan.jpg
    tundraswan.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 69
Seen at Riecks Lake on the Wisconsin side just north of Alma. Very breathtaking to see these beautiful birds!

Small world...we were 2 of the many bikes riding along the River. Had Ice Cream at Nelson, and lunch in Pepin. Definitely a spectacular day for riding. Unfortunately way too "lives being saved" by loud pipes. Got behind a few, and it's disturbing even with ear plugs :hungover

Karol

Amazing!

I also was on those roads yesterday. In fact, I hope to be back out there today in about one hour.

Toad

Purple Power

How nice of the NFL to shedule a bi-week for the Vikings during your wonderful weather.

Without getting into the "SouthPark" thing, I did get behind some HD's today, but it was a fantastic riding day, nonetheless, in the Midwest. Rode all day yesterday and today. Wish I could add those miles to the MOA milage contest. Oh well, doesn't matter. Still great riding.

Back