• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

New Glarus 2010

MANICMECHANIC

ABC,AMA(LIFE),MOA,RA,IBMW
Greetings, folks! It's time to start thinking about the annual Winter Weekend Getaway in New Glarus, Wisconsin! Center of activities will again be the Chalet Landhaus (800 944-1716 or look them up in Google). Dates are Friday, Jan 22 through Sunday, Jan 24. Make your own reservation as I have NOT reserved a block of rooms. Dinner reservarions have been made at theHotel New glarus, for fine dining along with polka music and dancing. Dinner on Friday and Saturday evenings is set for 7 pm. Remember to bring your swimsuits for the pool and hot tub. The breweries, wineries, cheese hauses and mustard await! Keep posted here so we know who will be coming to help each other get through the season of poor riding.

I dunno. I had a blast last time. It would be hard to recreate that.
However, I am willing to try.
In!

They have Family rooms with 3/4 doubles - dorm style. If anyone is interested in splitting the cost of a room.....PM.

I was there last month and I must say it is really nice! A bit pricey in the bar but really nice people.:kiss

:D
And I was there with a Harley bunch. They put up with just about anyone!:bottle:bottle

waiting to hear if the MOA will have a board meeting that weekend. If I don't have to travel to St Louis, I'll be in New Glarus.

Mmmmm Uff Da :thumb

U-Da.jpg

Ah one and ah two...and...

Did you know that Lawrence Welk came into prominence in a dance hall in Chicago. Also often performed in Milwaukee...go figure.
...but that was before my time...

Why be embarrassed?
I knew it, too.

He was one of the greats.

Not to digress too much but don't forget Jo Ann Castle.

705259960_Q8NtW-O.jpg

Great honky tonk.

Now, back to our show.

Okay, now let me get this right.....is everyone required to polka at least once over the weekend? What if you're Irish/Scotch? Do Bohemians polka? Alrighty then, I think it's possible......after a few snorts! (I did not say snots...I said snorts) :)

Back