• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Sharing this sport with your children?

Just teach the correct way of motorcycling. Just my opinion...........

I think that's the most important point right there. I have a 2 year old and a 4 month old and already the elder loves saying "motorcycle!" Any anything that's scary in life - bikes, drugs, or even the birds and bees - it's best to learn it from us. Otherwise if you never address it or try to avoid it who knows what will happen.

Enjoy your kid no mater what you decide! :thumb

Sharing this sport with your children

My 8 year old granddaughter on her first ride. I pick her up from school, and the boys think it is Sweeeet she gets picked up on a bike. I make her sing "I don't want a pickle..." before I give her a ride.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 54
Image added

Five years ago I bought a Honda 650 dual sport with two ideas. Something to ride off-road (I had an 1150RT at the time) and a starter bike for my 17 yr old.

He took to it like a duck on water. His summer job is at the local BMW shop and he and I have taken trips to Colorado, China, Guatemala an places in between. It's a share passion that we both love.

This is us at about 14,000' on the Silk Road from China to Pakistan.

Attachments

• 250062725_xinjiang uygur china-33.jpg
    250062725_xinjiang uygur china-33.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 50
Thanks to all for your comments, particularly the comments from Richard / pffog.

Part of what I needed was to hear other parent bikers share their thoughts on this topic. The communal musing is comforting in a way and appreciated. I do see the value in my role as mentoring him through risk reduction (in all aspects of his life); versus the alternative, and fear based, recoiling from life.

peace and safe riding to all.

~tom

Took my son to Max's Thanksgiving Party today - no other kids there - sad to say.
But did he get noticed by everyone - It me feel good. He even thanked Max personally - which I think got Max choked up as well. I even got a picture of my son with our new Cities R12RT-P bikes.
Thank you

Back