• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bench Racing & The Morning Reads

BMW Motorrad Motorsport - PressClub | FP1 and Q1 Miller Motorsport Park

Salt Lake City – Free Practice & Qualifying Practice 1.
Saturday, 26th May 2012.

Weather conditions: Heavy rain in the morning, cloudy in the afternoon, strong and gusty
winds.

Temperature: Air: 10 – 15 ??C, Track: 11 – 20 ??C
Number of riders participating: 24 from 14 teams
Fastest lap Free Practice: Jakub Smrz (Liberty Racing Team) 2:02.138 min
Fastest lap Qualifying Practice 1: Jakub Smrz (Liberty Racing Team) 1:49.842 min

On a cold and windy Saturday at “Miller Motorsport Park” (USA), Team BMW Motorrad
Motorsport qualified for the provisional first row. The circuit in Tooele/Utah, host of the sixth
round of the 2012 season, welcomed the teams with some heavy rain in the morning, cold
temperatures and gusty winds. Factory rider Marco Melandri (ITA) finished the closely fought
first qualifying practice in third. Marco??s team-mate, Leon Haslam (GBR), qualified provisional
12th. The first twelve riders were separated by just 0.888 seconds. In Friday’s free practice
session, Marco was second and Leon twelfth. BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet SBK Team rider
Michel Fabrizio (ITA) finished the first qualifying practice in 13th with his team-mate Ayrton
Badovini (ITA) in 14th. The Superpole will take place on Sunday and the race starts Monday.

i-BhDqbwP-S.jpg
i-v8QKmPn-M.jpg

Marco Melandri:
Fastest lap Free Practice: 2:04.832 min (P2)/Fastest lap Qualifying P. 1: 1:50.038 min (P3)
“It has been a pretty good start to the weekend, as my RR worked consistently well under
different conditions. Finding a good line was really tough in today’s qualifying as the wind was
really gusty and coming from different directions every single lap. In the morning it was raining
very hard but I am happy with our performance today. After Assen it was important for me to
understand how the bike works in the wet, and we now know why we were not fast in the wet
there. Now we will focus on Superpole.”

i-NfmwWtP-S.jpg
i-fcZG2FT-M.jpg

Leon Haslam:
Fastest lap Free Practice: 2:07.191 min (P12)/Fastest lap Qualifying P. 1: 1:50.730 min (P12)
“I face similar issues to last year. We have issues with the engine brake, and we need to work
on our electronics side to resolve this. Set-up wise I am riding the same as at Donington.
Maybe it is the altitude here at Miller that makes the bike change the way it is working. I am
confident that my crew and I will solve it. Thanks to all of them.”

i-fx3Bsr8-M.jpg

Andrea Dosoli (Head of Race Operations):
“The weather conditions made this a tough day for us. The Salt Lake weather gave mixed
conditions today with heavy rain in the morning and with a dry track and strong and gusty
winds in the afternoon. I am glad that the bike performed well in both dry and wet conditions.
Marco’s initial feedback was positive, which is a positive sign as Marco struggled here last
year. Leon is still struggling. He had similar issues in the wet and the dry when entering the
corners. We are working on the engine brake and the gearing to try to improve his feeling.”

i-jX6htXW-M.jpg

Sunday, 27 May

i-HwqcnLs-S.jpg

Members with Birthdays Today

SBK

Miller Motorsport Park Superpole was not kind to BMW

Miller - FIM Superbike World Championship ÔÇô Superpole

worldsbk.com: Jakub Smrz (Liberty Racing Team Effenbert Ducati) scored his first Tissot-Superpole win of the season after setting a lap time of 1 minute 47.626 seconds in the last of three sessions. Despite a few spots of rain appearing on the riders' visors during a dry Superpole contest Smrz rode with full pace right at the end to earn the perfect starting place for Monday's two SBK races.

Carlos Checa (Althea Racing Ducati) was second quickest and would have been on pole but for the late push put in by Smrz, a rider who has stamped his authority on the practice sessions since the start. Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team) posted third best time, with the front row places competed by Checa's team-mate Davide Giugliano.

Jonathan Rea (Honda World Superbike Team) was fifth, Monza pole man Sylvain Guintoli (Team Effenbert Liberty Racing) sixth, Max Biaggi (Aprilia Racing) seventh and Eugene Laverty (Aprilia Racing) eighth, despite not being able to set a final lap in Superpole 3.

1. Jakub Smrz (Liberty Racing TeamEffenbert) Ducati 1098R 1'47.626
2. Carlos Checa (Althea*Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'47.810
3. Tom Sykes (Kawasaki*Racing*Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'48.062
4. Davide Giugliano (Althea*Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'48.220
5. Jonathan Rea (Honda*World*Superbike*Team) Honda CBR1000RR 1'48.563
6. Sylvain Guintoli (Team*Effenbert*Liberty*Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'48.568
7. Max Biaggi (Aprilia*Racing*Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'48.794
8. Eugene Laverty (Aprilia*Racing*Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'48.354
9. Marco Melandri (BMW*Motorrad*Motorsport) BMW S1000 RR 1'48.422
10. Michel Fabrizio (BMW*Motorrad*Italia*GoldBet) BMW S1000 RR 1'48.566
11. Chaz Davies (ParkinGO*MTC*Racing) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'48.669

12. Lorenzo Zanetti (PATA*Racing*Team) Ducati 1098R 1'49.929
13. Leon Haslam (BMW*Motorrad*Motorsport) BMW S1000 RR 1'49.552
14. Maxime Berger (Team*Effenbert*Liberty*Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'49.750
15. Niccol?? Canepa (Red*Devils*Roma) Ducati 1098R 1'49.818
16. John Hopkins (FIXI*Crescent*Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 1'49.966
17. Loris Baz (Kawasaki*Racing*Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'50.424
18. Ayrton Badovini (BMW*Motorrad*Italia*GoldBet) BMW S1000 RR 1'50.427
19. David Salom (Team*Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'50.504
20. Leon Camier (FIXI*Crescent*Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 1'50.520
21. Hiroshi Aoyama (Honda*World*Superbike*Team) Honda CBR1000RR 1'50.963
22. Leandro Mercado (Team*Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'51.843
23. Jake Holden (Grillini*Progea*Superbike*Team) BMW S1000 RR 1'52.108
24. Shane Turpin (Boulder*Motor*Sports) Ducati 1098R 1'54.399

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8WWcPwo7t4s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/z8dXPQOu0Ok" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FWIW

The race weather forecast remains warm and low winds. This favors BMW and Aprilia to make come backs in grid position if they can work through the field in front of them cluttered with Ducatis. Sykes shows once again that in the short super sprint the his Kawasaki is a very strong machine. How it will fair over the length of a full race at Miller Motorsport Park remains a big question mark; at least in my mind. Monday should be packed with great racing.

WORLDSBK: 2012 Race Calendar | Championship Standings Rider / Manufacturer
LeonHaslam.com, MarcoMelandri.co.uk, BMW Motorrad Motorsports.com, AlphaRaccing.com

Formula 1

formula1.com: Webber makes it six winners from six races

formula1.com: formula1.com[/url]: Monaco ÔÇô Selected team and driver quotes

2012 Monaco Grand Prix
Sunday Press Conference Transcript
DRIVERS
1 ÔÇô Mark WEBBER (Red Bull Racing)
2 ÔÇô Nico ROSBERG (Mercedes)
3 ÔÇô Fernando ALONSO (Ferrari)

Grid
Classification
Lap Chart
Lap Analysis
Fastes Lap
History Chart
Maximum Speeds
Pit Stop Summary
Sector Times
Speed Trap

Formula 1: 2012 Race Calendar | Results Season/Team/Driver
fia.com: 2012 FIA Formula One World Championship - Race Information & Event Starting Times for the 2012 FIA Formula One World Championship

Other Racing

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tU5DmNpRevo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bike Candy

i-WX8gGmH-M.jpg

Monday, 28 May

i-HwqcnLs-S.jpg

SBK

BMW Motorrad Motosport - WSBK - Salt Lake City ÔÇô Superpole

Salt Lake City ÔÇô Qualifying Practice 2 & Superpole.
Sunday, 27th May 2012.

Weather conditions: Cloudy with some sun, windy.
Temperature: Air: 12 ÔÇô 15 ??C, Track: 17 ÔÇô 23 ??C
Fastest lap Qualifying Practices: Jakub Smrz (Liberty Racing Team Effenbert) 1:48.517 min
Fastest lap Superpole 3: Jakub Smrz (Liberty Racing Team Effenbert) 1:47.626 min

The Superpole qualifying at Salt Lake City (USA) did not go according to plan for Team BMW Motorrad Motorsport. Factory rider Marco Melandri (ITA) will start the sixth round of the 2012 FIM Superbike World Championship at ÔÇ£Miller Motorsports ParkÔÇØ from ninth place on the third row. The Italian had finished all previous sessions of the race weekend within the top three. His team-mate Leon Haslam (GBR) will start from the fourth row on the grid, finishing the Superpole in 13th on his BMW S 1000 RR.

On his first outing in Superpole 1, Leon suffered a puncture to his rear tyre and had to return to the pits. With less than eight minutes to go, he put a qualifying tyre on his RR and started his next attempt but he was struggling with this tyre and finished 13th, missing Superpole 2 by only one position. Being seventh, Marco progressed to the second part of the qualifying but while trying to qualify for Superpole 3, he was first held up by another competitor and was then struggling in turn five. The Italian finished ninth, only 0.068 seconds behind the top eight who qualified for Superpole 3. BMW Motorrad Italia Goldbet SBK TeamÔÇÖs riders Michel Fabrizio and Ayrton Badovini (both ITA) will start tomorrowÔÇÖs races from tenth and 18th respectively.

Marco Melandri:
Fastest lap Qualifying Practices: 1:49.009 min (P3) / Fastest lap FP: 1:48.705 min (P3) / Fastest lap Superpole 2: 1:48.422 min (P9)
ÔÇ£It was a very tough Superpole for us. In Superpole 1 we were struggling with the first tyre, and when I put the qualifier on in Superpole 2, I suffered from chatter. I went to the pits and put a race tyre on and was confident I would improve but on my first lap another rider was in my way in the middle of the corner, so I lost time. The following lap, I pushed more and was quite fast in the first sector. But every time we have more grip we struggle a bit with the engine brake so in turn 5, I could not stop the bike, went out and lost the chance to do another lap. Anyway, I am positive about the race. The start can be good for us, because the straight is very long and we can use our powerful engine and I hope to be able to pass as many riders as I can there. During the race you can overtake at some braking points as well.

Leon Haslam:
Fastest lap Qualifying Practices: 1:49.634 min (P9) / Fastest lap FP: 1:49.897 min (P16) / Fastest lap Superpole 1: 1:49.552 min (P13)
ÔÇ£Everything that possibly can go wrong this weekend has. From the first session on we were struggling with the electronics package but this morning the bike felt good. We just used a harder race tyre and did a good race run. I was not far off the pace, which was good. In the free practice we were struggling again with the electronics, and then in Superpole 1 I had the puncture so it was one thing after another. We then went for the qualifying tyre, but had some issues again, and that was kind of the first flying lap I had all day. A crazy day.ÔÇØ

Andrea Dosoli (Head of Race Operations):
ÔÇ£For sure, starting from the third and fourth row is not what we expected but we believe that the grid positions do not represent the potential of our two riders and of our RR. Leon had a tough time. He was unlucky. During this morningÔÇÖs qualifying practice he felt better on the bike but then he had a lot of bad luck, including the puncture in Superpole 1, so he could not make it to the second Superpole. With a good start he can fight with the top guys tomorrow. Marco has been fast in any conditions in all the sessions so far, and he has a good pace with the race tyre so even starting from the third row, we believe that he too will be able to fight for the top positions. We were unlucky in the Superpole, but we are confident that we can perform well tomorrow.ÔÇØ

thisisderbyshire.co.uk: Title not beyond us says Leon as he bids to make up for lost chance

fim-live.com: Smrz scores first pole

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HlTUthfl-xQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/O7013jA8IgM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LeonHaslam.com, MarcoMelandri.co.uk, BMW Motorrad Motorsports.com, AlphaRaccing.com

motogp

motogp: 2012 race calendar | Results and Statistics
SuterRacing.com, NGM Forward Racing Team

Formula 1

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RdI6ZaHILnQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/COqX-q-coxc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

gazzetta.it: Alonso thanks Ferrari ÔÇ£now let's take it race by raceÔÇØ

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Riy9D1WywUw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

fia.com: 2012 FIA Formula One World Championship - Race Information & Event Starting Times for the 2012 FIA Formula One World Championship

Other Racing

stayontheblack.com: BMW Motorrad breaks into BSB top ten at Snetterton

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eIILgHWJrAw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IDESZuDYiPs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

indycar.com: Franchitti joins the club ÔÇô Three time Indy 500 winner

racr.com: barrichello -Indy great for learning

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_O_pil-TKz0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iTIpYnIKFgk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On the Street

thekneeslider.com: Lit Motors self balancing fully enclosed 2 wheeler prototypes takes first slow test run

motorcycclistonline.com: A taste of Dakar

motorradonline.de: Stop! How to break properly

ibnlive.in.com: Husqvarna Nuda 900R first ride

observertoday.com: Motorcycle safety 101

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C4RRYog_0-0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cage World

roadandtrack: Blog ÔÇô video of Conor Daly crash 2012 Monaco Grand Prix - GP3

FWIW

i-ghtSMVD-M.jpg

Thank you.

Reference::

BMW MOA 2012 International Rally

SBK
2012 FIM Superbike Championship Calendar

fim-live.com: FIM Superbike & Supersport Championship & FIM Superstock Cup Regulations 2012

Changes to the FIM Superbike, Supersport and Superstock regulations for 2012:
Some more details of changes to the championship regulations were delivered by the FIM in a press release.

FIM: Official Documents
Link to the current year official documents for all classes and search tool for other years.

FIA Regulations ÔÇô Formula 1 World Championship

WEATHER
US:
http://www.weather.gov/ | NOAA's National Weather Service
Select to go to the NWS homepage. National Weather Service - or - Follow the National Weather Service on FaceBook

http://www.weather.com | Sedalia, MO 65301

CA:
http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/canada_e.html

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:
http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/trafficinfo/ : National Traffic and Road Closure Information
511 - America's Traveler Information Telephone Number; Construction Related; Local and State Transit Links; Traffic Conditions; Regional Links; Weather/Road ...

CA:
http://www.th.gov.bc.ca/drivebc_supp/canada_map.htm :
Canada Road Condition Information: Links to provincial highway condition websites across Canada..

Shameless Trolling For Touring Tips

NHTSA.dot.gov Vehicle Recalls RSS Feed

NHTSA recall database allows searches o safety-related complaints about motor vehicles and equipment by make, model and year.

Transport Canada Recalls Database

Vehicle Owner Service Agency (VOSA) Vehicle Recalls ÔÇô UK government recall database site

Australian Competition and Consumer Commission: Car and Motorcycle recall site.

Governor's Highway Safety Association. ghsa.orgHighway safety law charts

SportRider.com: Motorcycle Riding Skills Series ÔÇô Street bike and motorcycle riding skills techniques articles at Sport Rider

BMW-Motorrad.com: Service
Electronic Parts Catalogue
Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey
Before a log trip
Before winter
How to clean your motorcycle

ascycles.com: BMW Motorcycle Service and Maintenance Schedules

mic.org: Motorcycle Industry Council | Tire Guide 2011.pdf

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg
Gasbuddy.com: Search for local gas prices along your trip route.

pure-gas.org: Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. And Canada

Cycle-ergo.com motorcycle ergonomic simulator.

Video: BMW Final Drive Disassembly

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg
MSF Motorcycle Operators Manual

TIP: Front forks or fenders ÔÇô NOT appropriate places to carry loads on a m/c. Not new news, we hope. P. 53*http://t.co/jfDwhhh2

QOD: If braking is required when swerving, what should you do?*http://t.co/74qvN8kZ

Bike Candy

i-5dwZJwf-L.jpg

Monday, 28 May

SBK

Miller - FIM Superbike World Championship ÔÇô Warm Up

The riders used the session to throw down some gauntlets.

The warm up session took place in temperatures in the upper fifties, breezes in the 8mph range and sunny skies.

Sykes finished the session on top after trading a series of fast laps with Melandri. As the session closed Melandri was in P2 when the flag dropped. Sykes, Melandri and Biaggi dominated the top classifications. The weather and track appear to be coming to these riders and their bikes. Checa snuck in his session P2 time after the flag dropped. Just prior to that he started his final session hot lap in P4. He headed the Ducati contingent for most of the session. The session leaders may be able to break out at some point but given the starting grid and today's warm up times they will have to fight through a bunch of Ducatis along the way.

Haslam's times are something of a mystery. The team could have been testing setups going in two different directions. If that is the case they have time to make adjustments to number 91 that may help during the race. Keep your fingers crossed that is the case and not a portent of the typical BMW at MMP mid pack performance.

The Italian contingent for BMW showed no signs of being prepared to take on the leaders.

The forecast for the next six hours is for the temperatures to climb into the upper sixties and the winds to stay in the 5 to 10 mph range.

The weather may be seen as a mixed blessing by the warm up session leaders. BMW and Aprilia will see it as a plus for their bikes. Ducati will be neutral in their reaction. There is not a drastic enough change to cause problems for them. This combined with there starting grid positions should allow them to race competitively. Kawasaki will be a question mark. As temperatures increase tyre management over the length of a race will come in question. Increased temperatures may mean decreased tyre life. Race 2 will be the biggest concern for them.

Every team is busy in the pits making their last adjustments based on warm up session data. Race day warm up session times and a buck will get you coffee and change at the Official Fly-Over-Land coffee shop but not a P1 race trophy. We have to wait until a little later in the day to see who walks away with what podium hardware and points.

1. Tom Sykes (Kawasaki*Racing*Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'49.080
2. Carlos Checa (Althea*Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'49.235
3. Marco Melandri (BMW*Motorrad*Motorsport) BMW S1000 RR 1'49.264
4. Max Biaggi (Aprilia*Racing*Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'49.304
5. Leon Camier (FIXI*Crescent*Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 1'49.314
6. Sylvain Guintoli (Team*Effenbert*Liberty*Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'49.529
7. Jakub Smrz (Liberty*Racing*Team*Effenbert) Ducati 1098R 1'49.591
8. Davide Giugliano (Althea*Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'49.606
9. Jonathan Rea (Honda*World*Superbike*Team) Honda CBR1000RR 1'49.675
10. Leon Haslam (BMW*Motorrad*Motorsport) BMW S1000 RR 1'49.718
11. Michel Fabrizio (BMW*Motorrad*Italia*GoldBet) BMW S1000 RR 1'49.796

12. Chaz Davies (ParkinGO*MTC*Racing) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'49.887
13. Hiroshi Aoyama (Honda*World*Superbike*Team) Honda CBR1000RR 1'50.050
14. Eugene Laverty (Aprilia*Racing*Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'50.056
15. Loris Baz (Kawasaki*Racing*Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'50.342
16. Maxime Berger (Team*Effenbert*Liberty*Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'50.548
17. Lorenzo Zanetti (PATA*Racing*Team) Ducati 1098R 1'50.618
18. Ayrton Badovini (BMW*Motorrad*Italia*GoldBet) BMW S1000 RR 1'50.670
19. Niccol?? Canepa (Red*Devils*Roma) Ducati 1098R 1'50.792
20. John Hopkins (FIXI*Crescent*Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 1'50.820
21. Leandro Mercado (Team*Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'52.085
22. Jake Holden (Grillini*Progea*Superbike*Team) BMW S1000 RR 1'53.063
23. Shane Turpin (Boulder*Motor*Sports) Ducati 1098R 1'55.652

Monday, 28 May | Miller Motorsport Park - Race 1

Checa wins - Melandri P2 - Biaggi P3

Superpole winner Smrz qucikly found himself in P4 after Sykes took the early lead followed by Checa and Melandri. Melandri took the lead with 16 laps remaining as Sykes droped to P5 by the end of that lap. Checa would take the lead from Malandri two laps latter. Melandri mounted some attempts but could not make them work.

Biaggi charged from P7 taking P3 from Rea on after the first interval of lap 15. He would hold off Rea to the end but never mount an attack on the leaders.

Melandri and Biaggi both posted a best trap speed of 319.2 kph just under the 321.869 kph/ 200mph magical mark. Top speed is great but as the race wore on Checa notched fast lap after fast lap until Melandri scored the last one. Checa did this with trap speeds consistently 10 kph off the pace of the BMW and Aprilia riders. Speed is great but in road racing it is what you can do with it over the entire track; straight and squiggly lines included.

At the mid point of this round BMW has narrowed the gap to Aprilia to 4 pts in the manufacturers race while opening the lead on Kawasaki from 1.5 to 14.5. This was with help from Donnington spoiler Rea who finished ahead of Sykes.

Miller - FIM Superbike World Championship - Race 1

1. Carlos Checa (Althea Racing) Ducati 1098R 38'21.283
2. Marco Melandri (BMW Motorrad Motorsport) BMW S1000 RR 38'23.596
3. Max Biaggi (Aprilia Racing Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 38'26.621
4. Jonathan Rea (Honda World Superbike Team) Honda CBR1000RR 38'26.800
5. Eugene Laverty (Aprilia Racing Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 38'33.484
6. Jakub Smrz (Liberty Racing Team Effenbert) Ducati 1098R 38'34.545
7. Chaz Davies (ParkinGO MTC Racing) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 38'40.945
8. Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 38'42.575
9. Michel Fabrizio (BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet) BMW S1000 RR 38'42.733
10. Leon Haslam (BMW Motorrad Motorsport) BMW S1000 RR 38'44.716
11. Davide Giugliano (Althea Racing) Ducati 1098R 38'44.979
12. Sylvain Guintoli (Team Effenbert Liberty Racing) Ducati 1098R 38'46.035
13. Leon Camier (FIXI Crescent Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 38'50.683
14. Ayrton Badovini (BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet) BMW S1000 RR 38'52.505
15. Loris Baz (Kawasaki Racing Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 38'54.249
16. Maxime Berger (Team Effenbert Liberty Racing) Ducati 1098R 38'56.692
17. Hiroshi Aoyama (Honda World Superbike Team) Honda CBR1000RR 39'13.436
18. Shane Turpin (Boulder Motor Sports) Ducati 1098R 38'49.456
19. Jake Holden (Grillini Progea Superbike Team) BMW S1000 RR 39'00.843
RT. Leandro Mercado (Team Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 24'24.308
RT. Lorenzo Zanetti (PATA Racing Team) Ducati 1098R 20'25.943
RT. John Hopkins (FIXI Crescent Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 13'04.252
RT. David Salom (Team Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 13'54.828
RT. Niccol?? Canepa (Red Devils Roma) Ducati 1098R 11'16.614

Monday, 28 May | Miller Motorsport Park ÔÇô Race 2

SBK

Miller - FIM Superbike World Championship - Race*2

Melandri takes the win for BMW with a last lap pass of Rea.

Race 2 was red flagged after three laps. Honda's number two rider H. Aoyama crashed bringing out the red flags. No news on his condition at this time.

The race was delayed over an hour. It restarted as an 18 lap event with Checa P1, Melandri P2 and Sykes in P3. In short order Davies on an Aprilia overtook Sykes for P3. The action at the front was hot and heavy. Checa and Melandri were opening up a gap on P3 while seemingly engaging in thrusts and parries as Melandri look for a spot and way to overtake.

With 5 completed/ 13 remaining Checa crashed handing Melandri the lead. While this was fantastic the gap to Davies in P2 disappeared and Melandri found himself defending. Rea had made it past Sykes by this time and was entering the fray also. With 10 laps remaining Biaggi put Sykes down another position. At the half way point of the race it was Melandri, Rea, Davies, Biaggi, Sykes Laverty Guigiliani and Haslam.

That was the half way point. By the end of the first interval of the second half of the race Rea had taken over the lead and during the ensuing lap Davies was too fallow past Melandri. Melandri kept pressing and setting Davies up and overtook him with 6 laps remaining. Once passed Davies lost pace and fell into the clutches of Biaggi. Biaggi would take P3 away with 2 laps remaining but not be in a position to press for P2.

Once Melandri had assumed P2 with an increasing gap to P3 would he tuck it in and secure P2 points or press for the victory? Interval gaps quickly told the tale. Melandri was setting Rea up for a pass but when?

The push for P1 would begin during the penultimate lap. Rea was still listed as the leader as they crossed the start finish line but when the first interval times lit up Melandri would be shown as the leader. When the flag dropped Melandri secured the second WSBK win in BMW history doing it in successive race weekends.

The win is huge for BMW in many ways, not the least of which is the Manufacturer Championship standings. The win combined with finishing ahead of the first Aprilia moves BMW into second place, 5 points ahead of Aprilia.

Ducati 195.5
BMW 176
Aprilia 171
Kawasaki 148.5
Honda 145
Suzuki 48.5

A great weekend of racing results for BMW.

1.*Marco Melandri (BMW*Motorrad*Motorsport) BMW S1000 RR 32'56.257
2.*Jonathan Rea (Honda*World*Superbike*Team) Honda CBR1000RR 32'56.452
3.*Max Biaggi (Aprilia*Racing*Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 32'58.394
4.*Chaz Davies (ParkinGO*MTC*Racing) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 33'00.502
5.*Tom Sykes (Kawasaki*Racing*Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 33'05.791
6.*Eugene Laverty (Aprilia*Racing*Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 33'06.055
7.*Davide Giugliano (Althea*Racing) Ducati 1098R 33'08.148
8.*Leon Haslam (BMW*Motorrad*Motorsport) BMW S1000 RR 33'08.972
9.*Jakub Smrz (Liberty*Racing*Team*Effenbert) Ducati 1098R 33'09.274
10.*Sylvain Guintoli (Team*Effenbert*Liberty*Racing) Ducati 1098R 33'09.960
11.*Leon Camier (FIXI*Crescent*Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 33'11.944
12.*Michel Fabrizio (BMW*Motorrad*Italia*GoldBet) BMW S1000 RR 33'18.180
13.*Ayrton Badovini (BMW*Motorrad*Italia*GoldBet) BMW S1000 RR 33'20.197

14.*Loris Baz (Kawasaki*Racing*Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 33'20.308
15.*Maxime Berger (Team*Effenbert*Liberty*Racing) Ducati 1098R 33'30.154
16.*John Hopkins (FIXI*Crescent*Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 33'34.949
17.*Leandro Mercado (Team*Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 33'43.960
18.*Jake Holden (Grillini*Progea*Superbike*Team) BMW S1000 RR 34'03.480
19.*Shane Turpin (Boulder*Motor*Sports) Ducati 1098R 34'37.971
RT.*David Salom (Team*Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 24'27.789
RT.*Carlos Checa (Althea*Racing) Ducati 1098R 24'56.264
RT.*Niccol?? Canepa (Red*Devils*Roma) Ducati 1098R 17'05.034
RT.*Lorenzo Zanetti (PATA*Racing*Team) Ducati 1098R 9'18.970
NS.*Hiroshi Aoyama (Honda*World*Superbike*Team) Honda CBR1000RR 

Tuesday, 29 May

i-HwqcnLs-S.jpg

SBK

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1iFcDQlNxYg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XTKhUGpRtHY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Race 2

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Kp69ZWMJNEk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vroAUy8P2vk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BMW Motorrad Motorsport - WSBK - Salt Lake City – Races

Monday, 28th May 2012.

Weather conditions: Sunny.
Temperature: Air: 20 – 23 ??C, Track: 32 – 42 ??C
Fastest lap Race 1: Marco Melandri (BMW Motorrad Motorsport) 1:48.867 min
Fastest lap Race 2: Carlos Checa (Althea Racing) 1:48.820 min

Another victory, another second place, another best race lap, the best ever points result and P2 in the Riders’ and the Manufacturers’ classification of the FIM Superbike World Championship: for Team BMW Motorrad Motorsport makes this “Memorial Day” at Salt Lake City (USA) a memorable one. Factory rider Marco Melandri (ITA) took his second victory on the BMW S 1000 RR in race two at “Miller Motorsports Park” after finishing second in race one. With his team-mate Leon Haslam (GBR) crossing the line in tenth and eighth, Team BMW Motorrad Motorsport collected a total of 59 points from the races today. The previous best result was the 48 points collected at Imola (ITA) earlier this season.

At the start of race one, Marco used the long straight and the powerful BMW engine of his RR to catapult himself from ninth into the leading group. Soon he was second, taking the lead on lap five. He was able to build a slight gap, but then it was Carlos Checa (ESP), who approached from behind and overtook Marco at the beginning of lap eight. Checa and Marco remained the leading duo until the chequered flag, pulling away from the rest of the field. In the closing stages of the race, Marco rode the fastest lap time with 1:48.867 min. He stayed on Checa’s tail, waiting for the right moment to pass, but then settled for second behind Checa on the final lap. Leon improved from 13th to eighth in the first laps, but then was suffering from the same issues he was struggling with throughout the weekend. He crossed the line in tenth.

In race two, Marco had an even better start, passing the whole field on the outside and being in the lead going into the first corner. He lost the lead, but was fighting in the leading group again when the race had to be red flagged after lap four as the track had to be cleaned after an accident. At the restart, Marco was third on the grid and Leon had improved to ninth during the opening laps before the red flag. Marco again shot off the line, taking the lead, but he was passed by Checa while still on the first lap. When the Spaniard crashed on lap six, Marco was back at the top and a nail-biting battle began. On lap eleven, the BMW Motorrad rider slipped back to third behind the new leader Jonathan Rea and Chaz Davies (both GBR). It did not take long for Marco to regain second position and he started to chase Rea. Before starting the last lap, he caught Rea on the long straight, took the lead and defended it to the finish line. Leon improved one position during the race and came home in eighth.

In the Riders’ Championship, Marco improved from fifth to second with 142.5 points, 18 points behind the leader Max Biaggi (ITA). Leon is sixth with 103 points. In the Manufacturers’ Standings BMW improved to second with 176 points behind Ducati (195.5). BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet SBK Team’s Michel Fabrizio (ITA) was ninth and 12th, his team-mate Ayrton Badovini (ITA) 14th and 13th.

Marco Melandri:
Result Race 1: 2nd / Gap to 1st: 00:02.313 min / Fastest Lap Race 1: 1:48.867 min
Result Race 2: 1st / Fastest Lap Race 2: 1:49.001 min
“It is amazing. My team and BMW did an awesome job. Here in Miller it was my worst weekend last year, and it was the worst for BMW, too. So going home with two podiums, a win and a second place, is like a dream.* In race one, I was pushing like in qualifying from the first lap until the end. The tyre was working very well until the end. Yesterday we were struggling a bit too much, but today fortunately the weather was better for us. And I was feeling even more comfortable on the bike with less fuel in the tank.* I tried to make the life not easy to Carlos, but in some corners, I could not go his line with the four cylinder bike. I tried to catch him, but on the last lap I tried not to push too much because it was easy to make a mistake, and a second place and the podium was good after such a tough qualifying.

In race two, for sure I had a little bit of luck with Carlo crashing. I was struggling a bit in the beginning, and when Johnny passed me I lost the concentration. It took me some time to catch him. But again, when the fuel level dropped down I felt so much better on the bike and fortunately I could pass Johnny on the straight because my BMW engine was so strong. Otherwise it would have been very difficult for me to try to make a pass. I am happy because the bike is working well on different types of tracks. But now we have to be focused, we cannot think that we are going to be on the top every Sunday so we have to keep working. But my team made a great job, thanks to everyone, to all the guys back in Germany. I am so happy and proud to be with BMW. This is the best team I ever worked with.”

Leon Haslam:
Result Race 1: 10th / Gap to 1st: 00:23.433 min / Fastest Lap Race 1: 1:49.728 min
Result Race 2: 8th/ Gap to 1st: 00:12.715 min / Fastest Lap Race 2: 1:49.492 min
“It was a tough weekend. Everything that could have gone wrong did this weekend. Due to electrical issues and other things we missed a lot of track time. In race one we were struggling with the engine brake. For race two we made good steps, the boys had worked very well, but we need to do more. Our lap time was not too bad in race two, but it is not where we should be. The main thing we need to work on is the engine braking.

The long break between the red flag and the restart was a positive thing for me because we could reassess the bike and make some more changes after we lost a lot of time over the weekend. I got a good feeling over the first three laps and we made some more changes for the second part which brought another small improvement. Marco rode well over the whole weekend and now I look forward to Misano where I know we can challenge for the wins again.”

Bernhard Gobmeier (BMW Motorrad Motorsport Director):
“What a fantastic day for BMW Motorrad Motorsport! Having in mind the extremely difficult weekend we experienced here at Miller last year, for sure we would not have expected today’s results. We knew that we had made steps forward, but we would not have dreamed of winning here. Marco was with the top from the first practice session on until today. Unfortunately it did not run smoothly for Leon this weekend. He had electrical issues and only had very few laps to set up the bike. To make matters worse, he had a puncture in Superpole. I am convinced that at Misano, Leon will be among the frontrunners again.

So far we have been competitive on every circuit we raced on this season. And for Misano we again expect to be fighting for the victory. Tonight we are going to celebrate – after our one-two victory at Donington came with a bitter after-taste, the whole team has deserved a real party tonight. A big thank you to Marco and Leon, to the whole team here at the race track and in Stephanskirchen and Munich. Each of them contributed to this great result.”

i-rfJBfZL-M.jpg

Next Race: Misano - 8 June race day.

Formula 1

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ip0Ztsr5H3o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Other Racing

sportrider.com: AMA Pro Superbike Miller Motorsports Race

roadandtrack.com: How Dario Franchitti won – Breaking down the Indy 500

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/abACQfujvgQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1gUPt2EY2Lw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4CWnNSE3x5c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On the Street

post-gazette.com: Motorcyclists riding slippery slope with aftermarket parts

cycleworld.com: CW Evaluation – Oakley Wind Jacket

: Dupont motorcycle chain lube

[url=http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/413/13194/Motorcycle-Article/Harley-Davidson-Sportster-Exhaust-Shootout.aspx ]motorcycle-usa.com[/url: H-D Sportster exhaust shootout
FWIW: They do put exhausts on those things

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6nFCCHNCHnc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Mothership

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yNGOXNRmxhU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cage World

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nc8vPyBIpI0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[url=http://www.bmwmoa.org/rally12 ]BMW MOA 2012 International Rally

SBK

fim-live.com: FIM Superbike & Supersport Championship & FIM Superstock Cup Regulations 2012

Some more details of changes to the championship regulations were delivered by the FIM in a press release.

Link to the current year official documents for all classes and search tool for other years.

FIA Regulations – Formula 1 World Championship

WEATHER
US:
Select to go to the NWS homepage. National Weather Service - or - Follow the National Weather Service on FaceBook

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:
http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/trafficinfo/ : National Traffic and Road Closure Information
511 - America's Traveler Information Telephone Number; Construction Related; Local and State Transit Links; Traffic Conditions; Regional Links; Weather/Road ...

CA:
Canada Road Condition Information: Links to provincial highway condition websites across Canada..

NHTSA recall database allows searches o safety-related complaints about motor vehicles and equipment by make, model and year.

Vehicle Owner Service Agency (VOSA) Vehicle Recalls – UK government recall database site

SportRider.com: Motorcycle Riding Skills Series – Street bike and motorcycle riding skills techniques articles at Sport Rider

Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey…
Before a log trip…
Before winter…

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

*TIP: Front forks or fenders – NOT appropriate places to carry loads on a m/c. Not new news, we hope. P. 53*http://t.co/jfDwhhh2

QOD: Which of the following is correct when being passed by another vehicle?http://t.co/WF8v5oiG

Bike Candy

High Country Dueling

i-MFWQSJJ-M.jpg

Wednesday, 30 May

i-HwqcnLs-S.jpg

SBK

]bmw-motorrad.com: Melandri wins again for BMW Motorrad Motorsport

gpone.com: Checa “I was pushing hard too”

BMW MOTORRAD ITALIA GOLDBET SUPERBIKE TEAM - MILLER MOTORSPORTS PARK - RACE ...More

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/icENAlO1QZA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WkO2yFiKwjo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

motogp

racer.com: Edwards fit for Catalunya return

fim-live.com: Lorenzo to defend championship lead at Catalunya

fim-live.com: Three points separate the top three Moto-2 riders

fim-live.com: MOTO3™:AJO’S GERMAN CHAMPIONSHIP LEADER

Ben are you hearing footsteps?
bbc.co.uk: Cal Cruthclow wants factory Yamaha ride for 2013

motomatters.com: Spanish savings banks and racing sponsorship – is the end near

ducati.com: Ducati Team returns to Spain for Catalan Grand Prix

Formula 1

formula1.c
om.
: Mercedes F1 W03 – revised sidepods

reuters.com: F1 looks for a pattern in the unpredictable

bbc.co.uk: Will Hamilton stay with McLaren? Mercedes may not be an option as Brawn say Schumacher can stay as long as he is competative

Other Racing

motoracinglive.com: Next stop for the EWC – Doha

asphaltandrubber.com: John McGuinness 128 mph practice - IOMTT

motorsportnewswire.com: Norton Motorcycles partnership with Santander PLC

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wA0YkxE7dn0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Diw3q5Ad74U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/n36BumiBfx8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hHQL3yr0qQk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

indycar.com: Nineteen drivers seek Milwaukee baseline

On the Street

cyrilhuzeblog.com: Job offering by Motus Motorcycles

cycleworld.com: Honda CBR250R ABS riding impression

indiancarsandbikes.in: Premium motorcycle brand Husqvarna could make its debut in India

jsonline.com: As shale gas production soars, where will prices head?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/T3SvIhlg0dU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uqU2BsNj_Wc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Mothership

The Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este 2012 celebrates cars and motorcycles +++*Alfa Romeo, 6C 1750 GS*is awarded the Trofeo BMW Group +++ BMW Zagato Coup?® marks its world premiere +++ Gilera 500 wins the motorcycle Concorso.
Munich/Cernobbio.*Last weekend, Cernobbio on Lake Como once again became a magnet for car and motorcycle fans from far and wide. On display at the Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este were a range of classic automobiles and cutting-edge concept cars that thrilled the crowds who had flocked there. Visitors were already making a beeline for the grounds of Villa Erba on Saturday to witness the motorcycle Concorso. At the end of another marvellous weekend on the shores of Lake Como, the Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este proclaimed its worthy winners on Sunday. The judges and the public were of one mind: the Alfa Romeo, 6C 1750 GS, 6th Series Coup?®, Figoni of 1933 claimed the Trofeo BMW Group presented by the jury, and thus the Best of Show accolade, while also securing the public prize, the Coppa d’Oro Villa d’Este. In the Concept Cars and Prototypes category, meanwhile, the winner was the Alfa Romeo 4C*. Appearing out of competition in this year’s line-up was the BMW Zagato Coup?®, making a high-profile world debut....More

Woodcliff Lake, NJ*– May 29, 2012…* MINI USA announced today that after a thorough RFP process, Butler, Shine, Stern and Partners (BSSP) from Sausalito, California has been named as the advertising agency of record for MINI brand and dealer co-op advertising in the U.S. BSSP has been responsible for MINI USA advertising since late 2005, and will continue to support the business moving forward through the duration of this new three-year contract. ...More

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QpdHLs3W0m4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WK4D6hpQP_k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cage World

bloomberg.com: McLaren F1 developer designs new auto driving 100 mph on 96 mpg

FWIW

<object width="526" height="374">
<param name="movie" value="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf"></param>
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" />
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/>
<param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param>
<param name="bgColor" value="#ffffff"></param>
<param name="flashvars" value="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2012S/Blank/WilliamNoel_2012S-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/WilliamNoel_2012S-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1461&lang=&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=william_noel_revealing_the_lost_codex_of_archimedes;year=2012;theme=technology_history_and_destiny;event=TEDxSummit;tag=Internet;tag=art;tag=arts;tag=book;tag=history;tag=museums;tag=open-source;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;" />
<embed src="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf" pluginspace="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" bgColor="#ffffff" width="526" height="374" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2012S/Blank/WilliamNoel_2012S-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/WilliamNoel_2012S-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1461&lang=&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=william_noel_revealing_the_lost_codex_of_archimedes;year=2012;theme=technology_history_and_destiny;event=TEDxSummit;tag=Internet;tag=art;tag=arts;tag=book;tag=history;tag=museums;tag=open-source;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;"></embed>
</object>

SBK

WEATHER
US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:

CA:

Vehicle Owner Service Agency (VOSA) Vehicle Recalls – UK government recall database site

SportRider.com: Motorcycle Riding Skills Series – Street bike and motorcycle riding skills techniques articles at Sport Rider

Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey…
Before a log trip…
Before winter…

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

TIP: Front forks or fenders – NOT appropriate places to carry loads on a m/c. Not new news, we hope. P. 53*http://t.co/jfDwhhh2

QOD: Which of the following is correct when being passed by another vehicle?

Bike Candy

Too many to post so enjoy at your leasure. motorcycledaily.com: Quail Lodge picture book.

Here is my humble offering for today.

i-M2wfgzB-L.jpg

Cernobbio (CO), Villa Erba 27 maggio 2012. La Gilera 550 Rondine Best of Show del Concorso di Eleganza dedicato alle Motociclette Storiche. Consegna il premio Hendrik von Kuenheim Presidente di BMW Motorrad

i-XFGTkQK-L.jpg

Last edited:
Thursday, 31 May

i-HwqcnLs-S.jpg

SBK

worldsbk.com: Pirelli notes from Miller Motorsports Park

worldsbk.com: Bittersweet day for Checa at Miller

motogp

motogp.com: Difficult season for Spies

motogp.com: Ducati Catalunya preview

motomatters.com: Lies, damn lies and manufacturer hp figures

Formula 1

formula1.com: Williams ÔÇô Monaco was a race of frustrated potential

reuters.com: F1 revenues to grow near double digits till 2016 - UBS

yahoo.com: Will Formula One's IPO do better than facebook?

t3.com Anonymous hactivists target Formula One site

telegraph.com: Bernie Ecclestone doubtful over Grand Prix of America

independent.co.uk: Sebastian Vettel denies Ferrari deal

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eTlzsDXdxuo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8v0_0VrYlRQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z5E57_YkLKI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Other Racing

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Jl-DbUf-jSo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sporsillustrated.com: Can IndyCar maintain the momentum generated by a historic Indy 500

On the Street

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4zvsuA57gQk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/y9I4R4FLxs8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vyQ4PLO32jw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6wLcAk7zv6M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Then there are scooters

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/f1QmMct5b0s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VvpWW8ZdEiY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/l1whVzY9GPI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Mothership

NILSSON, TIBBLIN AND HALLMAN HONOURED BY HUSQVARNA
During the ASI Motocross Show in Imola on May 26, Husqvarna Motorcycles has honoured some of the champions who gave fame to Husqvarna Motocross bikes around the world.
Bill Nilsson, Rolf Tibblin and Torsten Hallman are three of the most famous Swedish riders who, between 1959 and 1967, gained on behalf of Husqvarna 8 of the 16 world motocross titles ever won....More

i-6D2cpFV-L.jpg

Cage World

bike-eu.com: BMW's top car designer notes growing importance of two wheelers in future urban mobility
FWIW: sans motor and

i-TnrfgXr-S.jpg

FWIW

<param name="movie" value="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf"></param>
<param name="flashvars" value="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2012S/Blank/DaliaMogahed_2012S-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/DaliaMogahed_2012S-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1462&lang=&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=dalia_mogahed_the_attitudes_that_sparked_arab_spring;year=2012;theme=media_that_matters;event=TEDxSummit;tag=data;tag=economics;tag=women;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;" />
<embed src="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf" pluginspace="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" bgColor="#ffffff" width="526" height="374" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2012S/Blank/DaliaMogahed_2012S-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/DaliaMogahed_2012S-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1462&lang=&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=dalia_mogahed_the_attitudes_that_sparked_arab_spring;year=2012;theme=media_that_matters;event=TEDxSummit;tag=data;tag=economics;tag=women;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;"></embed>
</object>

SBK

WEATHER
US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:

CA:

Vehicle Owner Service Agency (VOSA) Vehicle Recalls ÔÇô UK government recall database site

SportRider.com: Motorcycle Riding Skills Series ÔÇô Street bike and motorcycle riding skills techniques articles at Sport Rider

Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey
Before a log trip
Before winter

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

TIP: Tire blowout? Hold handlebars firmly and itÔÇÖs best NOT to brake ÔÇô hereÔÇÖs what else you need to know. P.44*http://t.co/jfDwhhh2

QOD: The primary cause of single-vehicle motorcycle crashes is which of the following?http://t.co/OARYQN19

Bike Candy

i-L9bhBp3-L.jpg

Um, I am getting Exclaimation points for all of the linked videos... Not sure why, but I am sure you posted some neat stuff!

Um, I am getting Exclaimation points for all of the linked videos... Not sure why, but I am sure you posted some neat stuff!

:dunno

They worked for me in the am and now on a few checked. A flux in the space time video continuum where you live? But the Fly-Over-Land is embedded in the state of confusion which could be the cause.

:brad

Friday, 1 June

i-D9kf6wF-S.jpg

SBK

thisisnottingham.co.uk: Haslam finds USA tough

thisderbyshire.co.uk: Haslam endures barren times in the dessert and his Superbike hopes suffer

motogp

motogp.com: Stoner quickest in Free Practice 1

1 1 Casey STONER AUS Repsol Honda Team HONDA 1'42.775 12 16 335.3
2 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team HONDA 1'42.875 5 16 0.100 0.100 335.1
3 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Yamaha Factory Racing YAMAHA 1'43.008 17 18 0.233 0.133 332.9
4 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 YAMAHA 1'43.182 12 19 0.407 0.174 333.2
5 11 Ben SPIES USA Yamaha Factory Racing YAMAHA 1'43.191 20 20 0.416 0.009 334.2
6 6 Stefan BRADL GER LCR Honda MotoGP HONDA 1'43.245 16 17 0.470 0.054 334.9
69 Nicky DUCATI 7 HAYDEN USA Ducati Team 1'43.246 17 20 0.471 0.001 335.1
8 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Cardion AB Motoracing DUCATI 1'43.315 18 20 0.540 0.069 331.8
9 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 YAMAHA 1'43.371 10 20 0.596 0.056 335.4
10 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA San Carlo Honda Gresini HONDA 1'43.493 19 19 0.718 0.122 333.4
11 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Ducati Team DUCATI 1'43.537 15 20 0.762 0.044 337.2
12 8 Hector BARBERA SPA Pramac Racing Team DUCATI 1'43.624 10 17 0.849 0.087 329.1
13 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA Power Electronics Aspar ART 1'44.915 3 18 2.140 1.291 318.7
14 41 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA Power Electronics Aspar ART 1'45.281 16 17 2.506 0.366 313.9
15 51 Michele PIRRO ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini FTR 1'45.939 18 19 3.164 0.658 313.0
16 54 Mattia PASINI ITA Speed Master ART 1'46.234 10 17 3.459 0.295 315.4
17 5 Colin EDWARDS USA NGM Mobile Forward Racing SUTER 1'46.748 13 13 3.973 0.514 308.9
18 22 Ivan SILVA SPA Avintia Blusens BQR 1'46.848 12 14 4.073 0.100 316.4
19 77 James ELLISON GBR Paul Bird Motorsport ART 1'46.908 18 19 4.133 0.060 312.3
20 9 Danilo PETRUCCI ITA Came IodaRacing Project IODA 1'47.149 12 15 4.374 0.241 299.7
21 68 Yonny HERNANDEZ COL Avintia Blusens BQR 1'47.181 13 14 4.406 0.032 313.8

motomatters.com: MotoGP silly season burning questions

speedtv.com: Moto-GP ÔÇô Lorenzo motivated to perform at home

Video: MotoGP ÔÇô Classic Rewind: Catalunya 2009

Formula 1

formula1.com: Canada preview quotes

independent.co.uk: Hamilton hoping for an error free Canadian GP

telegraph.co.uk: Market turmoil puts brakes on F1 flotation

jamesallenonf1: Hamilton and Schumacher the key to 2013 F1 driver market

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-BZtxbQmVE8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xR2mK6Z4sZ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Other Racing

autoblog.com: History will be made at the 2012 TT Zero ÔÇô a preview

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zNJbl_DTFZI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VZycsHtFcaI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On the Street

asphaltandrubber.com: Spy photos ÔÇô Are you the new Moto Guzzi Stelvio?

cyrilhuzeblog.com: Fast motorcycle industry news

webbikeworld.com: Cardo Scala Rider G9 Intercom Review
Part 1: Introduction

motorcycledaily.com: The Chef's Special ÔÇô Tyler Florences Triumph Bonneville cafe racer

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D5r6rhQiT-k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

i-dHhBQnB.jpg

The Mothership

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VKEvLWAiZAw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rolls-Royce Motor Cars today announced the opening of the largest Rolls-Royce showroom in North America, located in Jericho, Long Island (111 South Service Road, Jericho, NY 11753). The facility, which spans more than 9,200 square feet and includes room to display more than a dozen of the ultra-luxury automobiles, is owned and operated by Antoine Dominic of Bespoke Motor Group....More

Cage World

i-NfMBSKN-S.jpg

thekneeslider.com: Gordon Murray wants iStream technology to revolutionize vehicle manufacturing

businessweek.com: BMW Apple like geniuses sell luxury mode with tablets - cars

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WqOwz1zQiUo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/g7AECIw1Xvc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FWIW

<param name="flashvars" value="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2011X/Blank/SebastianDeterding_2011X-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/SebastianDeterding_2011X-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1463&lang=&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=sebastian_deterding_what_your_designs_say_about_you;year=2011;theme=technology_history_and_destiny;theme=what_makes_us_happy;theme=design_like_you_give_a_damn;event=TEDxHogeschoolUtrecht;tag=communication;tag=culture;tag=design;tag=life;tag=morality;tag=philosophy;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;" />
<embed src="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf" pluginspace="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" bgColor="#ffffff" width="526" height="374" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2011X/Blank/SebastianDeterding_2011X-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/SebastianDeterding_2011X-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1463&lang=&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=sebastian_deterding_what_your_designs_say_about_you;year=2011;theme=technology_history_and_destiny;theme=what_makes_us_happy;theme=design_like_you_give_a_damn;event=TEDxHogeschoolUtrecht;tag=communication;tag=culture;tag=design;tag=life;tag=morality;tag=philosophy;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;"></embed>
</object>

i-3XtxZL8-M.jpg

SBK

WEATHER
US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:

CA:

Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey
Before a log trip
Before winter

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

Bike Candy

i-v7qCwvx-L.jpg

Saturday, 2 June

i-D9kf6wF-S.jpg

motogp

motogp.com: Stoner takes pole position at scorching Catalunya

1 1 Casey STONER AUS Repsol Honda Team HONDA 1'41.295 17 21 334.0
2 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Yamaha Factory Racing YAMAHA 1'41.441 22 24 0.146 0.146 332.9
3 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 YAMAHA 1'41.548 22 24 0.253 0.107 334.6
4 11 Ben SPIES USA Yamaha Factory Racing YAMAHA 1'41.552 23 24 0.257 0.004 332.2
5 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team HONDA 1'41.656 20 25 0.361 0.104 334.4
6 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 YAMAHA 1'41.687 19 24 0.392 0.031 336.0
69 Nicky DUCATI 7 HAYDEN USA Ducati Team 1'42.029 19 23 0.734 0.342 332.8
8 6 Stefan BRADL GER LCR Honda MotoGP HONDA 1'42.065 26 27 0.770 0.036 335.1
9 46 Valentino ROSSI
ITA Ducati Team DUCATI 1'42.175 25 27 0.880 0.110 338.2
10 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA San Carlo Honda Gresini HONDA 1'42.356 23 25 1.061 0.181 332.8
11 8 Hector BARBERA SPA Pramac Racing Team DUCATI 1'42.375 16 21 1.080 0.019 333.4
12 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Cardion AB Motoracing DUCATI 1'43.266 13 22 1.971 0.891 335.3
13 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA Power Electronics Aspar ART 1'43.500 21 22 2.205 0.234 320.1
14 5 Colin EDWARDS USA NGM Mobile Forward Racing SUTER 1'44.024 17 21 2.729 0.524 316.1
15 41 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA Power Electronics Aspar ART 1'44.041 13 22 2.746 0.017 316.3
16 51 Michele PIRRO ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini FTR 1'44.356 17 19 3.061 0.315 313.2
17 77 James ELLISON GBR Paul Bird Motorsport ART 1'44.763 17 20 3.468 0.407 314.5
18 54 Mattia PASINI
ITA Speed Master ART 1'44.764 18 23 3.469 0.001 312.7
19 68 Yonny HERNANDEZ COL Avintia Blusens BQR 1'44.833 20 25 3.538 0.069 312.0
20 9 Danilo PETRUCCI
ITA Came IodaRacing Project IODA 1'45.730 21 24 4.435 0.897 297.8
21 22 Ivan SILVA SPA Avintia Blusens BQR 1'45.962 9 21 4.667 0.232 311.9

speedtv.com: Rossi not sold on new engine either

Video: MotoGP – Catalunya Honda onboard lap

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qCV_yn5Xuv8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Formula 1

reuters.com: Formula One joins other firms in hitting IPO brakes

formula1.com: Paul Hembery Q&A – Tyres are just part of the challenge

formula1.com: Inside look at Force India's Paul di Resta

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QqPuSdgSKD4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Other Racing

fim-live.com: Bou makes it foru wins on the bounce

asphaltandrubber.com: 2012 Motoczysz-ELPC

motorcycle-usa.com: IOMTT final qualifying results

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lCkFFHm2Jcw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UGppSBE0wLc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TCyb4ip4wBs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zXYaCQNZymc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On the Street

motorradonline.de: BMW G650GS and Yamaha XT660Z Tenere

i-cm4p2tk-M.jpg

dealernews.com: Suzuki recalls 5000 GSX-R1000s fro loose bolts on side stand interlock switch
NHTSA Reall ID No. 12V231000
Dated: MAY 18, 2012 SUZUKI IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2012 GSX-R1000 MOTORCYCLES. DUE TO LOOSE BOLTS THE SIDE STAND INTERLOCK SWITCH MAY FAIL.

cyrilhuzeblog.com: Trask Performance twin cam turbo systems

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UyYAJgEblrA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_N390TuvLMo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2Qz88HM3Ico" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Mothership

BMW K 1600 GTL Clinches Rider’s 2012 Motorcycle of the Year Award...More

BMW Group U.S. Reports May 2012 [cage] Sales...More

The Intercultural Innovation Award enters its second chapter in 2012. Announcement of the Second Call for Applications made at the UNAOC Partners Forum in Istanbul....More

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9lCYkZ33iEA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cage World

i-FWh425s-S.jpg

digitaljournal.com: BMW Canada continues record breaking growth

roadanddtrack.com: Latest Audi Le Mans engine – Racing technology for the road

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kDBhO-fVB_4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FWIW

<param name="flashvars" value="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2012/Blank/Quixotic_2012-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/Quixotic_2012-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1464&lang=&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=quixotic_fusion_dancing_with_light;year=2012;theme=spectacular_performance;event=TED2012;tag=culture;tag=dance;tag=entertainment;tag=technology;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;" />
<embed src="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf" pluginspace="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" bgColor="#ffffff" width="526" height="374" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2012/Blank/Quixotic_2012-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/Quixotic_2012-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1464&lang=&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=quixotic_fusion_dancing_with_light;year=2012;theme=spectacular_performance;event=TED2012;tag=culture;tag=dance;tag=entertainment;tag=technology;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;"></embed>
</object>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Au1s7iuaxwc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/O5qXUnSiqpY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SBK

WEATHER
US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:

CA:

Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey…
Before a log trip…
Before winter…

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

TIP: Night riding: The cost for a room is a lot cheaper than a crash. And way more comfortable. http://t.co/ZWx9EEnr

Bike Candy

i-GGMvQwx-L.jpg

Sunday, 3 June

i-D9kf6wF-S.jpg

SBK

motogp

hondaproracing.com: Round 5 Qualifying – Catalunya

yamaha-motogp.co.jp: Round 5 Catalunya Qualifying

ducati.com: Ducati third row for Catalunya

racer.com: Crutchlow pins hopes on tyre choice

motomatters.com: 2012 Catalunya MotoGP Saturday round up – Tires, weather and reasons to win at Barcelona

ultimatemotorcycling.com: Rossi's plans for 2013 – our opinion

Sunday Warmup

motogp.com: Crutchlow leads eventful warmup

Sunday Race Update: MotoGP Grand Prix de Catalunya

motogp.com: Lorenzo records emphatic victory

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/V6I3Y7ge_jw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Round: 5- Catalunya GP (Race Classification after 25 laps = 118.175 km)
Circuit: Catalunya, Spain
Date: 3 Jun. 2012
Circuit Length: 4.727 km
Race condition: Dry
Air: 27 C
Ground: 40 C
PP: C.Stoner(1'41.295/Honda)
FL: J.Lorenzo (1'42.642/Yamaha)

1 25 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Yamaha Factory Racing YAMAHA 43'07.681 164.405
2 20 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team HONDA 43'12.684 164.088 5.003
3 16 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 YAMAHA 43'17.042 163.813 9.361
4 13 1 Casey STONER AUS Repsol Honda Team HONDA 43'17.225 163.801 9.544
5 11 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 YAMAHA 43'20.187 163.615 12.506
6 10 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA San Carlo Honda Gresini HONDA 43'21.629 163.524 13.948
7 9 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Ducati Team DUCATI 43'25.236 163.298 17.555
8 8 6 Stefan BRADL GER LCR Honda MotoGP HONDA 43'31.159 162.927 23.478
9 7 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team DUCATI 43'38.091 162.496 30.410
10 6 11 Ben SPIES USA Yamaha Factory Racing YAMAHA 43'40.578 162.342 32.897
11 5 8 Hector BARBERA SPA Pramac Racing Team DUCATI 43'43.825 162.141 36.144
12 4 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Cardion AB Motoracing DUCATI 44'03.910 160.909 56.229
13 3 41 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA Power Electronics Aspar ART 44'15.735 160.192 1'08.054
14 2 51 Michele PIRRO ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini FTR 44'16.456 160.149 1'08.775
15 1 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA Power Electronics Aspar ART 44'18.164 160.046 1'10.483
16 77 James ELLISON GBR Paul Bird Motorsport ART 44'20.771 159.889 1'13.090
17 54 Mattia PASINI ITA Speed Master ART 44'28.584 159.421 1'20.903
18 68 Yonny HERNANDEZ COL Avintia Blusens BQR 44'28.916 159.401 1'21.235
19 9 Danilo PETRUCCI ITA Came IodaRacing Project IODA 44'48.888 158.217 1'41.207
20 22 Ivan SILVA SPA Avintia Blusens BQR 44'49.569 158.177 1'41.888
Finished through pits
5 Colin EDWARDS USA NGM Mobile Forward Racing SUTER 44'55.263 151.529 l lap

Formula 1

jamesallenonf1.com: Red Bull allowed to keep Bahrain and Monaco wins but forced to modify the car

Other Racing

asphaltandrubber.com: 2012 IOMTT – McGuinness takes 18th TT win in superbike race

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q_TJOzUUNs8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RX1QT0QFl-Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-vxWZhpQr2A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

washingtonpost.com: Auto racing finally roars back to the Motor City with 1st Detroit Grand Prix since 2008

indycar.com: Dixon earns Belle Isle pole by 0.0044 seconds

On the Street

dealernews.com: Erik Buell Racing in search of a few good dealers – Q&A with the man himself

motorcyclistonline.com: Archives -1919: New horizontal twin from Harley-Davidson

nytimes – tech bolg: Ingenious new earbuds from Arriva

The Mothership

Spielberg, 2nd June 2012. BMW Motorsport will start the fourth race of the season in Spielberg (AT) from promising positions on the grid. In qualifying at the 4.326-kilometre circuit, Martin Tomczyk (DE) of BMW Team RMG progressed to the top-four shoot-out for the first time this year, and will start from fourth on Sunday. The reigning DTM champion clocked a “Q4” time of 1:26.408 minutes at the wheel of his BMW M Performance Parts M3 DTM, just 0.237 seconds behind Audi driver Edoardo Mortara (IT) on pole....More

Cage World

businessweek.com: Mercedes leads BMW in US sale for year s after May gains

FWIW

csmonitor.com: Amelia Earhart – new evidence tells of her last days on a Pacific atoll

<iframe src='http://widget.newsinc.com/single.html?WID=2&VID=23631969&freewheel=69016&sitesection=csmonitor' height='320' width='425' scrolling='no' frameborder='0' marginwidth='0' marginheight='0'></iframe>

SBK

WEATHER
US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:

CA:

Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey…
Before a log trip…
Before winter…

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

Bike Candy

i-fGc3wJL-M.jpg

Tuesday, 5 May

i-D9kf6wF-S.jpg

SBK

worldsbk.com: 25 years of World Subperbike ÔÇô Russell and Bostrom

BMW Motorrad Motorsport - WSBK - Misano - Preview

San Marino ÔÇô Misano.
Preview.

08th ÔÇô 10th June 2012
7th of 14 race weekends

Munich/Stephanskirchen, 04th June 2012. The winnerÔÇÖs champagne sprayed after the victory in Salt Lake City (USA) has dried out and Team BMW Motorrad Motorsport has returned to Europe for the third Italian race of the season in Misano Adriatico on the Adriatic coast. This weekend (8th to 10th June) the ÔÇ£Misano World CircuitÔÇØ, also known as the ÔÇ£Marco Simoncelli CircuitÔÇØ since November 2011, will host the seventh round of the 2012 FIM Superbike World Championship. The races will be held under the flag of the nearby republic of San Marino....More

motogp

fim-live.com: DOVIZIOSO TOPS THE TIMESHEETS IN MOTOGPÔäó TEST AT CATALUNYA

speedtv.com: Lorenzo wins heartbreak for Stoner

motomatters.com: Catalunya MotoGP test press releases

supebikeplanet.com: Catalunya MotoGP testing ÔÇô Dovi' Fastest ÔÇô Honda riders not happy

ducati.com: Ducati Team completes Barcelona post race tests and heads to Aragon

cycleworld.com: Hard vs Soft tires at Catalunya

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W6r9s2Hds0U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Formula 1

formula1.com: Canada preview quotes

formula1.com: Red Bull set to make floor changes

telegraph.co.uk: Canadian Grand Prix 2012 - Organizers cancel open door event in light of Montreal student protests

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pqTndzPTmpQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Other Racing

LUPINO EIGHTH IN THE WORLD MX2 CHAMPIONSHIPS
Over 20,000 spectators turned out at FranceÔÇÖs fine St.Jean dÔÇÖAngely circuit for the sixth date of the world MX2 motocross championship. It was back to the full line-up for the Husqvarna Motocross Team By Ricci Racing as Belgian Nick Triest rejoined Lupino and Larrieu after three months out due to injury....More

i-J5G7ZQQ-S.jpg

motoracinglive.com: Endurance Racing's visit to Qatar

fim-live.com: BMW MOTORRAD FRANCE TEAM THEVENT READY TO DUEL IN THE DESERT

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/web4HUb7rCs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ODz7gHSYork" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

indycar.com: Dixon jumps to second in standings

autoracingdaily.com: IndyCar Series ÔÇô Detroit Belle Ilse Grand Prix driver quoates

On the Street

i-5kDwRPX.jpg

dealernews.com: Ducati dealers break monthly sales record in May

cyrilhuzeblog.com: Pay to be in the AMA Hall of Fame?

webbikeworld.com: Moto_D summer under suit review

thekneeslider.com: 1934 BSA Three Wheeler

sportrider.com: Bikemaster new brake fluid tester

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/O1aAmWim838" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mSt17WaZ1dI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wefRApkyH1k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Mothership

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pfotljwIC-8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cage World

i-qbbZjWk-S.png

bloomberg.com: German stocks decline ÔÇô Automakers fall on China slowdown.

At the same time reports like this are coming out.

marketwatch.com: BMW China car sales rose 32% in May

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pdfPjjHghH0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5fZreKXQ9sI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1oW5-PuhFic" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v1CYUgMgwO8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FWIW

cnet.com: Sony PlayStation move racing wheel attachment announced

<param name="flashvars" value="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2012S/Blank/JuanEnriquez_2012S-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/JuanEnriquez_2012S-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1467&lang=&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=juan_enriquez_will_our_kids_be_a_different_species;year=2012;theme=evolution_s_genius;theme=bold_predictions_stern_warnings;event=TEDxSummit;tag=brain;tag=culture;tag=evolution;tag=genetics;tag=science;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;" />
<embed src="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf" pluginspace="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" bgColor="#ffffff" width="526" height="374" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2012S/Blank/JuanEnriquez_2012S-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/JuanEnriquez_2012S-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1467&lang=&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=juan_enriquez_will_our_kids_be_a_different_species;year=2012;theme=evolution_s_genius;theme=bold_predictions_stern_warnings;event=TEDxSummit;tag=brain;tag=culture;tag=evolution;tag=genetics;tag=science;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;"></embed>
</object>

SBK

WEATHER
US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:

CA:

Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey
Before a log trip
Before winter

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

TIP: Riding excellence means wearing proper protective gear on each ride. Choose gear for its protection

Bike Candy

i-xXPDj55-L.jpg

Wednesday. 6 June

i-D9kf6wF-S.jpg

SBK

The BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet Superbike Team will take on the seventh round of the 2012 World Superbike season at Misano this upcoming weekend, the third event of the year on Italian soil....More

motogp

bbc.co.uk: Cal Crutchlow involved in high speed Catalunya crash

motogp.com: MotoGP test schedule continues at Aragon

motomatters.com: 2012 Catalunya MotoGP test round up

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_wKvGnzGe4U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Formula 1

racer.com: Circuit of the Americas sets ticket prices for USGP

formula1.com: Canadian preview quotes

jamesallenonf1.com: How the F1 teams will approach the Canadian Grand Prix

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rFz0pCM8NyY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Other Racing

speedbrain.de: Factory support from Husqvarna Motorcycles for Husqvarna Rally Team

motoracinglive.com: Teams make themselves at home in Doha

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3zNlfG-jRb0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4isehYgyFto" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Pp8GZ83fM6U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HAebs2VFy34" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QcdCxOon5CQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/blnISYJNS3M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

therepublic.com: After the high of Indy 500, IndyCar takes astep back with owner discord and a shoddy Detroit track

journalgazette.net: How worse can it get IndyCar?

On the Street

motorradonline.com: Triumph Tiger Explorer ÔÇô the big top in Enduro Test

motorradonline.de: BMW K1300
A look at the K1300 as a used bike option.

vidsordown.com: Five great ?ú3000 track weapons

motorcyclistonline.com: Embracing the mysterious limits of riding

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Eu4pfCorBqA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
shaoraipower.com referenced in video.

1952 Zundap
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E_eOhwBgLbw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zalAR9q6f7M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zp78g__doT4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Mothership

A day dedicated to the BMW Z1+++ BMW Z1 Club to visit BMW Group on 8 June 2012 with some hundred cars in tow....More

i-h4ZBrnj-M.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uydwMsZ5tp4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LFXjcDQuuiY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cage World

i-bBFq8GL-S.jpg
i-fsVqrjn-S.jpg

FWIW

front_door.png

SBK

WEATHER
US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:

CA:

Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey
Before a log trip
Before winter

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

TIP: Keeping some traction in reserve is very important when cornering, braking and swerving. http://t.co/ZWx9EEnr

QOD: A street legal motorcycle, at minimum, should be equipped with what? http://t.co/iAaH31wc

Bike Candy

i-frs7pr3-L.jpg

Thursday, 7 June

i-D9kf6wF-S.jpg

SBK

worldsbk.com: Biaggi and Melandri head the WSBK field at Misano

ripleyandheanornews.co.uk: Haslam out to make amends in Italy

speedtv.com: Sykes hopes to strike back at Misano

crash.net: Grillini BMW signs Sandi for Misano

worldsbk.com: Rea eager to stay in the podium club

crash.net: Checa working hard to avoid unnecessary risks

motogp

motogp.com: Lorenzo goes fastest at Aragon test

motorauthority.com: MotGP completes second in season test

motomatters.com: Aragon MotoGP test press releases

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/o26RIeczzGA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Formula 1

formula1.com: Optomistic Massa out to capitalize on improved form

jamesallenonf1.com: F1 promoters join forces to create umbrella group
What does Bernie really think of all the various carrion beasts circling up and waiting for his demise?

express. co.uk:CANADIAN GRAND PRIX: YOUNG DRIVERS ARE ‘BECOMING VIDEO NASTIES’, SAYS JACQUES VILLENEUVE

FIA.com: Canadian Grand Prix
Preview
Stewards Biographies
Media Kit

Other Racing

motoracinglive.com: The 8 Hours of Doha – news of Gimbert and Lagrive

asphaltandrubber.com: Up close with John McGuiness's Honda TT Legends CBR1000RR

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VmNzndtI1Ks" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/K8xBbvaz7j4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lUV-7AyLrkY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On the Street

iol.co.za: Husqvarna is back in South Africa

motorcyclistonline.com: Is Husky the new MINI?

consumerreports.org: Honda CBR250R ABS motocycle proves fun well -suited to new riders

deseretnews.com: Motorcycle helmet debat in Utah – Freedom vs Safety

thekneeslider.com: Gasoline engines make bicycle racing more fun

i-wnV9bJD-S.jpg

cyrilhuzeblog.com: The new Crocker Motorcycle

dealernews.com: The Boy Scouts trailblazing a new customer base

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VpkEZPyckz8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bugatX_30oU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Mothership

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/K6vEk_972zo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back to the future +++ 25 years of the BMW Z1.
It was a true quantum leap: when BMW unveiled the Z1 to the international motoring press in the Italian town of Punta Ala back in autumn 1988, its direct predecessor was parked in the hotel’s inner courtyard – a BMW 507 from the late 1950s, the last time the BMW model range had included a two-seater sports car. The leap through time to the Z1 was in fact even greater than the intervening period of 30 years or so would suggest. Its avant-garde solutions looked way ahead into the future – indeed, some of its most revolutionary ideas are as unique now as they were then...More

i-F8Wf2SH-S.jpg

Cage World

i-G7775Cj-S.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W9jWwVA9IaA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FWIW

Misano World Circuit

The Misano World Circuit is a mix of straight lines that bend in sweeping arcs broken up by hard turns. Speeds will be down from the flirting with 200mph at Miller Motorsport Park (MMP) but the circuit seems to favor power a bit over handling.

Weather is always a factor in racing. For a change instead of concerns for rain and damp tracks teams will be dealing with sunny skies, high temperatures and their impact on tyre traction/wear and air/fuel mixtures.

Manufacture Championship standings and pontificating going into the race weekend:

Ducati 148.5 points

Ducati is in the lead coming into this weekend. Where it will be on Monday remains to be seen but there is a very good chance it will not be on the top. Misano is not a Ducati friendly track. Checa took a double in 2011 but that was part of a magical season for rider and team. Looking at race results it was a long look down the chart for the second Ducati to cross the finish line. At this point in the season Checa is struggling. While there are many scenarios that could lead to a good weekend result for Ducati I wouldn't put my money on them. Ducati's standing on Monday will be the result of what Checa and Guintoli do not the bike. If you like betting on long odds Ducati is your bike.

BMW 176 points

The arc of any racing season for a team has key points along that arc. I believe Misano is a key point on the BMW Team season arc. The maturation of team managers and crews will be the untold storyline of where BMW is on Monday. Badovini (2011: P8, P4) on the S1000RR v1.7 was BMW's Misano strong man in 2011. In 2012 Melandri comes into the weekend in P2 in the rider standings. The press will focus on him and P6 Haslam. Truth be told on the S1000RR v2.7 any of the BMW riders could be the Roundel strong man this weekend. Monday press releases will praise riders. Riders will demure while taking the praise. They should for this is a team track.

Qualifying:
BMW riders on Sunday have done great jobs at overcoming Saturday qualifying failures. The margin for overcoming Saturday errors is much slimmer at Misano. The pressure on team managers and crews to give their riders the setup and tyres to advance to Superpole 3 is immense. How they deal with that challenge will be the key to where BMW is on Monday. The teams are standing at the threshold. Will they follow their solid bike and riders through to the next stage of what could be a spectacular season for the Roundel?

Tyre Management:
I HATE tyre talking about tyre management but here I go again.

Each team draws the same allotment of tyres to use and manage from Friday FP1 to the end of R2 on Sunday. Team management appears to take a conservative approach from Friday morning to Saturday evening. This has left riders with relatively poor grid spots to overcome on Sunday. The major problem on Sunday is this strategy has put riders in duels with other teams and teammates while leaders either cruise away or are able to manage their race tyres life to the best advantage.

Team manager decisions between Friday morning and Saturday evening are part brinksmanship and part discernment. The input of crews, mechanics through statisticians, are important in this process. The combination gives riders the thousandths of seconds in lap times that lead to tenths and better grid positions to riders. Monday will have everyone talking about riders and where they finished; I will be trying to figure out on which side of the threshold the team is standing.

BMW Italia:
The Italian troop must ride hard this weekend. Their 2011 successes were the result of their team effort and the dual track S100RR v1 bike development approach the Mothership appeared to take. This is 2012. If they are not competing for P1 their role is to defend their German team counterparts by keeping other manufacturers in duels behind them. They have not been holding up their end of the deal. Misano is a track they can and must do this at. Badovini and Fabrizio are solid riders. They have a solid weapon to duel with.

Aprilia 171 points

I think of the arc line of a team's season as a trend line derived from a sine wave. The Aprilia sine wave is fairly tight and, in my mind at least, forms a high mesa. This mesa has been sufficiently tall enough that only Ducati could climb the walls and stand on top. That is until MMP when BMW moved past them in the standings.The problem for BMW team and fans is Misano should be a high point on the Aprilia S curve. How high that point is will be a result of the Aprilia team and how they deal with internal issues and external challenges. I expect podium finishes for Aprila. Which step of Sunday's podiums they stand on is why they hold the races.

Kawasaki 148.5 points

The Zed and Sykes at Misano should be a winning combination, at least on paper. This is the combination that is a major threat to BMW hopes. I expect they will snatch the headlines until Sunday evening. Kawasaki should qualify strongly; however, they have not shown a consistent ability to take Saturday advantages gained and turn them into an advantage if forced to duel on Sunday. A Sunday Kawasaki breakout will be difficult for any team to overcome. I don't see that happening. Rather I see them dueling hard for P4.

Honda 145 points

I find myself quietly rooting for Honda to finish just behind BMW this weekend. HERESY I know but that is what I am hoping for. Yes Rea and his Castrol Honda have become the combination many on this forum love to hate in a post Donington era but BMW's ascendance to P2 in the manufacturer standings is in part due to their finishing ahead of other teams at MMP.

Honda has a good combination of speed and handling to deal with Misano. Rea has been able to duel well with other riders. This has kept him in striking distance of P1 in many races. I do not see them on the top podium step. I do hope that Aprilia and Kawasaki will be forced to duel with the Honda. Dueling riders are slower than leaders and use up their tyres faster. IF BMW qualifies well and IF those duels are taking place behind Roundel riders this will only improve BMW's Monday results.

Suzuki 48.5 points

In all likely hood Suzuki will have 68.5 points to its credit in the Manufacturer Championship. This would be the result of being the last manufacturer across the finish line at the end of each race. I am hoping for more. Camier has shown flashes during races. Hopkins should be in better condition to duel than he was at MMP. Go Suzuki! In a perfect world Suzuki riders will be dueling and defeating Ducati riders as BMW riders cruise past them in the straights. In a more perfect world those duels will continue ahead of other teams as they reach the corners. This will slow down those challengers as they work past the duelers on their own or with the assistance of race official flags waving leaders past.

As always these thoughts and a buck will get you a cup of coffee and change at the Official Fly-Over-Land coffee shop on Monday morning. We started to pool money for the crullers with standings deciding who goes first. I am hoping to upgrade my grid position on Monday. We dream big dreams in Fly-Over-Land.

shoes.png

The origins of ATGATT?

<param name="flashvars" value="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2012/Blank/TerryMoore_2012-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/TerryMoore_2012-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1469&lang=&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=terry_moore_why_is_x_the_unknown;year=2012;theme=unconventional_explanations;theme=words_about_words;event=TED2012;tag=culture;tag=history;tag=language;tag=math;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;" />
<embed src="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf" pluginspace="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" bgColor="#ffffff" width="526" height="374" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2012/Blank/TerryMoore_2012-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/TerryMoore_2012-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1469&lang=&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=terry_moore_why_is_x_the_unknown;year=2012;theme=unconventional_explanations;theme=words_about_words;event=TED2012;tag=culture;tag=history;tag=language;tag=math;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;"></embed>
</object>

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

TIP: It IS ok to wait in pairs at a stoplight or stop sign when riding in a group. P.48 http://t.co/jfDwhhh2

QOD: Which of the following is true of making eye contact with other drivers? http://t.co/FhM2MzhV

Bike Candy

i-rwgsdvx-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Friday, 8 June

i-D9kf6wF-S.jpg

SBK

Thursday is a promotional day for riders. This year that meant crossbows at Misano
worldsbk.com: Tom Syke hits the target with a crossbow
Great, as long as he is disarmed by Sunday

roadracingworld.com: Althea Racing previews Misano

motorcycledaily.com: FIXI Crescent Suzuki ready for Misano

Misano Adriatico - FIM Superbike World Championship - Free Practice

1. Marco Melandri (BMW Motorrad Motorsport) BMW S1000 RR 1'36.613
2. Carlos Checa (Althea Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'36.735
3. Sylvain Guintoli (Team Effenbert Liberty Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'37.135
4. Niccol?? Canepa (Red Devils Roma) Ducati 1098R 1'37.175
5. Leon Camier (FIXI Crescent Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 1'37.229
6. Ayrton Badovini (BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet) BMW S1000 RR 1'37.448
7. Max Biaggi (Aprilia Racing Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'37.523
8. Jonathan Rea (Honda World Superbike Team) Honda CBR1000RR 1'37.627
9. David Salom (Team Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'37.641
10. Leon Haslam (BMW Motorrad Motorsport) BMW S1000 RR 1'37.713
11. Jakub Smrz (Liberty Racing Team Effenbert) Ducati 1098R 1'37.740
12. Lorenzo Zanetti (PATA Racing Team) Ducati 1098R 1'37.778
13. Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'37.807
14. Michel Fabrizio (BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet) BMW S1000 RR 1'37.936
15. Eugene Laverty (Aprilia Racing Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'37.937
16. Loris Baz (Kawasaki Racing Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'37.943
17. Matteo Baiocco (Barni Racing Team Italia) Ducati 1098R 1'37.967
18. Chaz Davies (ParkinGO MTC Racing) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'38.022
19. Davide Giugliano (Althea Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'38.053
20. John Hopkins (FIXI Crescent Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 1'38.403
21. Hiroshi Aoyama (Honda World Superbike Team) Honda CBR1000RR 1'38.478
22. Maxime Berger (Team Effenbert Liberty Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'38.730
23. Leandro Mercado (Team Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'39.242
24. Federico Sandi (Grillini Progea Superbike Team) BMW S1000 RR 1'40.781

motogp

motorcycledaily.com: Will Dani Pedrosa ever win a MotoGP Championship?

Formula 1

fiz.com: Legality questions anger Webber

fia.com: 2012 Canadian Grand Prix
Thursday Press Conference Transcript
DRIVERS – Paul DI RESTA (Force India), Jean-Eric VERGNE (Toro Rosso), Sergio
P?ëREZ (Sauber), Felipe MASSA (Ferrari), Mark WEBBER (Red Bull), Jenson
BUTTON (McLaren).

formula1.com: Canadian GP Preview – Who will be in seventh heaven

independent.co.uk: Canadian GP hit by protest fears

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W1EMInr6LtY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

i-TNjNfXr-M.jpg

Other Racing

motoracinglive.com: 8 Hours of Doha – BMW Motorrad dominates free practice

motomatters.com: Notes from a small island – The 2012 Isle of Man TT

cycleworld.com: Isle of Mann TT still relevant after all these years

fim-live.com: DGSport Herock aiming to repeat 2011 victory in Qatar

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4WmUcXdBEKg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/blNvZP3ASvg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iw9PquR1C7M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DAVnp7xRK1E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JoaUhs-ZmaI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On the Street

motorcyle.com: Cleveland Cyclewerks the Heist review

cyrilhuzeblog.com: Harley-Davidson Seventy-Two Sportster – because of Road 72 not this year

asphaltandrubber.com: Vaporware: MV Agusta F3 delivery delayed again

dealernews.com: Friends and family influence customer buying decisions

motorsportsnewswire.com: pressrelease – New Venmar off road helmet is coming in 2013

webbikeworld.com: Motorcycle Intercomes – SENA SMH 5 review part 2

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/os3GAJugID8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GsYPO5yBFE0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5XbDVyngk4U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vmAaVgUzNh8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Mothership

i-ntPXFfq-M.jpg

Cage World

roadandtrac.com: Fifth annual Friends of Steve McQueen Car Show

i-XnzBKfb-S.png

busuineweek.com: German resistance thwarts Marchionne's call fro unity

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XNBjw8rZOfs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DxZkUFSfEZ0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FWIW

<param name="flashvars" value="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2012U/Blank/DamianPalin_2012U-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/DamianPalin_2012U-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1470&lang=&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=damian_palin_mining_minerals_from_seawater;year=2012;theme=talks_from_ted_fellows;theme=tales_of_invention;event=TED2012;tag=mining;tag=science;tag=technology;tag=water;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;" />
<embed src="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf" pluginspace="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" bgColor="#ffffff" width="526" height="374" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2012U/Blank/DamianPalin_2012U-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/DamianPalin_2012U-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1470&lang=&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=damian_palin_mining_minerals_from_seawater;year=2012;theme=talks_from_ted_fellows;theme=tales_of_invention;event=TED2012;tag=mining;tag=science;tag=technology;tag=water;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;"></embed>
</object>

i-w8tWtCR-S.jpg

SBK

WEATHER
US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:

CA:

Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey…
Before a log trip…
Before winter…

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

QOD: Which of the following is true of frequent head checks? http://t.co/F9VeKwlc

Bike Candy

i-9zcPdRw-L.jpg

i-qZZcVKf-L.jpg

i-8jf5n3p-L.jpg

Last edited:
Friday, 8 June | Misano Q1 Update

SBK

Checa takes the provisional Pole after Q1.

Carlos Checa takes the provisional pole in a crash filled first qualifying session at Misano. Less than a second separates P1 Checa and P16 Hopkins the last rider currently qualifying for Saturday Superpole.

Ducati
Carlos Checa and his Ducati showed they were up to the task today and took the provisional pole in the first qualifying session. Overall Ducati riders fared much better than I expected with 3 riders in the top 10 slots. If they are able to hold these qualifying slots or better Ducati could be on top of the Monday charts once more.

BMW
Marco Melandri continued to show he is on form for the weekend holding down a front row position through the session. Leon Haslam's P8 may not be indicative of his capabiltiy in Superpole. Through the first half of the session his times were closely paired with Melandri's. The riders may have taken their bikes in slightly different directions experimenting for superpole and Sunday's races.

The Italian contingent had very mixed results. Ayrton Badovini was listed as high as P6 in the early portion but finished Q1 in P12. Teamamte Michel Fabrizio and Frederico Sandi, riding for Grillini Progea Superbike Team BMW both crashed out of the session. No news the condition of either at this point.

Aprilia
One is never certain if Max Biaggi is stuggling or doing the reverse of what I suspect of BMW. His times early in the session were mid field at best. Teammate Eugene Laverty was the lead Aprilia rider for much of the session. At roughly 16 minutes remaining in Q1 Biaggi emerge from the pits and rocketed from row 3 to row 1.

Kawasaki
Tom Sykes placed is Kawasaki in P10 for the session. That would put him in the middle of the third row on Sunday. From a BMW fan perspective a very nice place to keep him; however, like Haslam I don't think this time is indicative of what he will be able to do in Superpole.

Honda
Jonathan Rea blasted through in the last quarter of the session and set a session fast lap and take the provisional pole for about a quarter of a lap. At that time Checa came across the line behind him setting the final session best time. No suspicion of hidden agendas here. Rea and his Honda had a solid session that built over the term and yielded a P2 result. I don't know how he will fare in Superpole but continue to believe he will be a contender on Sunday.

Suzuki
Leon Camier is currently in P11 right next to Sykes's Kawasaki in the middle of row 3. Teammate John Hopkins P16 is within a second of Checa's Q1 time. How much more there is to wring out of the GSX-Rs remains to be seen. The up side is they look to be in solid form to be troublesome to anyone forced to duel with them. That as good news as long as the Roundel riders are ahead of that duel.

Misano Adriatico - FIM Superbike World Championship – Qualifying 1

1. Carlos Checa (Althea*Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'36.521
2. Jonathan Rea (Honda*World*Superbike*Team) Honda CBR1000RR 1'36.568
3. Max Biaggi (Aprilia*Racing*Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'36.703
4. Marco Melandri (BMW*Motorrad*Motorsport) BMW S1000 RR 1'36.795
5. Davide Giugliano (Althea*Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'36.806
6. Sylvain Guintoli (Team*Effenbert*Liberty*Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'36.829
7. Loris Baz (Kawasaki*Racing*Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'36.957
8. Leon Haslam (BMW*Motorrad*Motorsport) BMW S1000 RR 1'37.009
9. Jakub Smrz (Liberty*Racing*Team*Effenbert) Ducati 1098R 1'37.022
10. Tom Sykes (Kawasaki*Racing*Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'37.044
11. Leon Camier (FIXI*Crescent*Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 1'37.280
12. Ayrton Badovini (BMW*Motorrad*Italia*GoldBet) BMW S1000 RR 1'37.295
13. Eugene Laverty (Aprilia*Racing*Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'37.340
14. Lorenzo Zanetti (PATA*Racing*Team) Ducati 1098R 1'37.406
15. Niccol?? Canepa (Red*Devils*Roma) Ducati 1098R 1'37.439
16. John Hopkins (FIXI*Crescent*Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 1'37.514
17. Matteo Baiocco (Barni*Racing*Team*Italia) Ducati 1098R 1'37.523
18. Michel Fabrizio (BMW*Motorrad*Italia*GoldBet) BMW S1000 RR 1'37.614
19. Hiroshi Aoyama (Honda*World*Superbike*Team) Honda CBR1000RR 1'37.733
20. David Salom (Team*Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'37.948
21. Chaz Davies (ParkinGO*MTC*Racing) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'38.112
22. Maxime Berger (Team*Effenbert*Liberty*Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'38.198
23. Leandro Mercado (Team*Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'39.038
24. Federico Sandi (Grillini*Progea*Superbike*Team) BMW S1000 RR 1'40.251

Back