• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bench Racing & The Morning Reads

Monday, 5 September

yf0pa50c3653l-S.jpg
Members with Birthdays Today

A three part post-

Part 1 Qualifying / Superpole

SBK

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/krCBm8XRihc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

suzuki-racing.com: Fabrizio on Nurburgring 4th row

BMW Motorrad Motorsport - WSBK - N??rburgring - Superpole

N??rburgring ÔÇô Qualifying Practice 2 & Superpole.
Saturday, 03 September 2011.
Weather conditions: Sunny with light clouds.
Temperature: Air: 25 ÔÇô 26 ??C, Track: 39 ÔÇô 42 ??C
Number of riders participating: 20 from 13 teams
Fastest lap Qualifying Practices: Carlos Checa (Althea Racing) 1:55.030 min
Fastest lap Superpole 3: Carlos Checa (Althea Racing) 1:54.144 min
Team BMW Motorrad Motorsport finishes this Saturday at the N??rburgring (GER) with mixed emotions. Factory rider, Leon Haslam (GBR), has a promising starting position for the tenth round of the 2011 FIM Superbike World Championship. He finished todayÔÇÖs Superpole qualifying in seventh, and will start the teamÔÇÖs home races from the second row. On the other hand, team mate, Troy Corser (AUS), missed out on the Superpole qualifying by just 0.019 seconds, so will be starting 17th. Ayrton Badovini (ITA) from the BMW Motorrad Italia SBK Team will start with his BMW S 1000 RR from 15th. His team mate James Toseland (GBR) qualified 18th.
Leon Haslam:
Fastest lap Qualifying Practices: 1:55.887 min (P10) / Fastest lap FP: 1:56.181 min (P4) / Fastest lap Superpole 3: 1:55.887 min (P7)
ÔÇ£I am happy with the way everything has gone today. I managed to post my fastest lap time on race tyres, which is promising for the two races tomorrow. Sadly we donÔÇÖt seem to be able to extract the full potential from the qualifying tyres like the other guys, but we made it through to SP3 which was the main objective. For the races tomorrow I will be hoping for a good start and to push for the podium. I think Carlos Checa has good pace and will be hard to beat, but we can definitely challenge the others so I am looking forward to tomorrow.ÔÇØ
Troy Corser:
Fastest lap Qualifying Practices: 1:56.401 min (P17) / Fastest lap FP: 1:56.593 min (P9)
ÔÇ£To miss out on Superpole is certainly frustrating. Yesterday we had a technical issue which really cost us a lot of track time, and since then we have been simply playing catch up. It is almost like we are a session behind everybody else, and I think that has cost us. But the issues we had were unforeseen and we couldnÔÇÖt do anything about that. We just need to make sure we work hard in the morning to finalise our set-up and race strategy, then definitely we can do something in the race. At the minute the weather forecast predicts rain, but either way if we get a good start and stay out of trouble we can challenge for the top ten.ÔÇØ
Rainer B?ñumel (Head of Race Operations):
ÔÇ£Leon and the team did a good job and deserved to get into Superpole 3. I think that it would have been difficult to qualify on the first row today. Therefore we are very happy with LeonÔÇÖs result, but at the same time we are sad that Troy missed the Superpole by only two hundreds of a second. That was a shame, but tomorrow we could see surprises because the forecast predicts rain. Then it more or less does not matter from which position you start, and I think that we are very well prepared for tomorrow, especially for wet conditions.ÔÇØ

TroyCorser.com: Nurburgring German ÔÇô Final qualifying ÔÇô No luck for Troy at the 'Ring

After yesterdayÔÇÖs problems, Troy was hoping for an improvement in his fortunes today, but things didnÔÇÖt go as he wanted. Although there were no mechanical issues today, Troy and the team struggled to improve the grip in the morning timed qualifying session sufficiently for Troy to lap fast enough to get into Superpole. Although the bike did improve in the afternoon (untimed) session, Troy was forced to sit out Superpole and watch the action from his pitbox instead. Series leader Carlos Checa (Ducati) won Superpole - his fifth of the season - with Eugene Laverty (Yamaha) second, Max Biaggi (Aprilia) third and Marco Melandri (Yamaha) fourth. Troy - 17th, 1:56.401 My time in the final qualifying session wouldÔÇÖve put me in the top ten but, at the end of the day, thatÔÇÖs irrelevant because I didnÔÇÖt get into Superpole - and that was pretty frustrating. We had quite a few issues yesterday, so I was looking for a big improvement today, but I didnÔÇÖt get what I was expecting in time to get into Superpole. In the morning timed qualifying session, I just didnÔÇÖt have sufficient grip to lap quickly enough. The rear felt a bit too soft, so the mechanics stiffened up and it felt better, but by then it was too little too late. Basically, I donÔÇÖt think we made the steps needed in the time required and thatÔÇÖs why I didnÔÇÖt make Superpole. The good news is that I have a pretty reasonable race set-up and my lap times in the afternoon session were competitive. ItÔÇÖs going to be a very hard day tomorrow and IÔÇÖm not looking forward to starting from the fifth row of the grid. Normally I make pretty good starts and can usually make up a row or two, but even if I make the best starts of my life, IÔÇÖm still probably not going to be in the top six or so going into turn one. ItÔÇÖs difficult to pass in the first four or so corners and itÔÇÖs very easy to get held up. Charging though the field after that is going to be very hard and doing that makes the tyres wear out more quickly, so itÔÇÖs certainly going to be an interesting day for me. At the moment, I am thinking of a good top ten finish, but obviously IÔÇÖd like the chance to do better. WeÔÇÖll have to see what happens tomorrow, but if it rains then everything changes. That would be a whole new ball game, but it might be better for me. See ya, Troy

BMW MOTORRAD ITALIA SUPERBIKE TEAM - NURBURGRING - SUPERPOLE
Ayrton* Badovini*took part in Superpole, and will start tomorrow's race from the fourth row. James* Toseland*is still suffering with his injured wrist and will start from 18th place. In Superstock*Sylvain Barrier and Lorenzo Zanetti will start from the front row, having set the 2nd *and 4th *times respectively.
It was a hard day for *BMW Motorrad Italia Superbike Team.* Set-up changes after qualifying yesterday, did not give the positive results the team was looking for.
James* Toseland, who has covered 25 laps today, was forced to take painkillers for his wrist pain and was unable to ride the bike to his best ability. He starts from the fifth row.
Ayrton Badovini*experienced no benefit from the changes made to his bike, and struggled, particularly in the third and final sector. Ayrton covered 30 laps in the session and managed to get into Superpole, where he set the 15th *fastest time.
In* Superstock, Sylvain* Barrier*and Lorenzo* Zanetti*start from the front row having set the second and fourth fastest times respectively. The two riders are ranked fourth and second in the FIM Cup. Starting from the front row, they will be fighting for results that keep the championship open.
Serafino Foti, sporting director of BMW Motorrad Italia Superbike team said: "From the beginning of the weekend we have had difficulties, especially for Ayrton who wasn't as fast as he should be in the final sector and it cost us a lot. James showed gimpses of his true form and it's a real shame that his wrist hurt constantly and he had to resort to painkillers. We will analyse the data tonight to try to improve. The weather will be variable and we will see what we can do. *In Superstock, apart from a fall for Lorenzo that had no repercussions, we have improved as shown by Sylvain being second on the grid. ItÔÇÖs a small step forward and the race tomorrow will as usual be ultra competitive and should be a fight between the two BMWs and Ducati.
Superbike
Superpole: 1?? C. Checa (Ducati) 1'54.144 - 2?? E. Laverty (Yamaha) + 0.368 - 3?? M. Biaggi (Aprilia) + 0.599... 15?? *A. Badovini (BMW)... 18?? *J. Toseland (BMW).
Superstock:
Qualifying: 1?? D. Giugliano (Ducati) 1'58"763 - 2?? *S. Barrier (BMW)*+ 0.496 - 3?? D. Petrucci (BMW) + 0.505 - 4??* L. Zanetti (BMW) *+ 1.049 - 5?? M. Reiterberger (BMW) + 1.170

speedweek.de: Max Biaggi takes painkillers

hondaproracing.com: Rea and Honda together in 2012

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uy2qVHmuiKA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

motomatters.com: Infront CEO Paolo Fammini reacts to the buyout by Dorna owners Bridgepoint
<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jr7jKFsTBZA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WorldSBK Nurburgring Race 1 and 2

RACE 1

worldsbk.com: Checa winner yet again

ducati.com: Carlos Checa and the Althea Racing Team triumph in race 1 at the Nurburgring

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UCSpo0xUPQM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 1 7 C. CHECA ESP Althea Racing Ducati 1098R 20
2 4 33 M. MELANDRI ITA Yamaha World Superbike Team Yamaha
3 5 41 N. HAGA JPN PATA Racing Team Aprilia Aprilia RSV4 Factory
4 2 58 E. LAVERTY IRL Yamaha World Superbike Team Yamaha YZF R1
5 7 91 L. HASLAM GBR BMW Motorrad Motorsport BMW S1000 RR
6 8 50 S. GUINTOLI FRA Team Effenbert-Liberty Racing Ducati 1098R
7 16 17 J. LASCORZ ESP Kawasaki Racing Team Kawasaki ZX-10R
8 13 2 L. CAMIER GBR Aprilia Alitalia Racing Team Aprilia RSV4 Factory
9 15 86 A. BADOVINI ITA BMW Motorrad Italia SBK Team BMW S1000 RR
10 9 4 J. REA GBR Castrol Honda Honda CBR1000RR 20
11 6 66 T. SYKES GBR Kawasaki Racing Team Superbike Kawasaki
12 11 8 M. AITCHISON AUS Team Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R
13 18 52 J. TOSELAND GBR BMW Motorrad Italia SBK Team BMW S1000 RR
14 19 44 R. ROLFO ITA Team Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R
15 17 11 T. CORSER AUS BMW Motorrad Motorsport BMW S1000 RR
16 12 84 M. FABRIZIO ITA Team Suzuki Alstare Suzuki GSX-R1000
17 20 100 M. TAMADA JPN Castrol Honda Honda CBR1000RR
--------------------------------------------------Not Classified--------------------------------------------------
RET 10 96 J. SMRZ CZE Team Effenbert-Liberty Racing Ducati 1098R
RET 14 121 M. BERGER FRA Supersonic Racing Team Ducati 1098R
NS 3 1 M. BIAGGI ITA Aprilia Alitalia Racing Team Aprilia RSV4 Factory

RACE 2

worldsbk.com: Sykes takes wet win for Kawasaki

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/g2QTlGwMfL0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xpj5_y2sdho" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

gpone.com: Melandri ÔÇô the race was stopped!

Nurburgring - SUPERBIKE - Race*2

1. Tom Sykes (Kawasaki*Racing*Team*Superbike) Kawasaki ZX-10R 29'49.337
2. Sylvain Guintoli (Team*Effenbert-Liberty*Racing) Ducati 1098R 29'53.400
3. Jakub Smrz (Team*Effenbert-Liberty*Racing) Ducati 1098R 30'12.096
4. Jonathan Rea (Castrol*Honda) Honda CBR1000RR 30'17.834
5. Eugene Laverty (Yamaha*World*Superbike*Team) Yamaha YZF R1 30'27.711
6. Marco Melandri (Yamaha*World*Superbike*Team) Yamaha YZF R1 30'34.663
7. Ayrton Badovini (BMW*Motorrad*Italia*SBK*Team) BMW S1000 RR 30'36.367
8. Carlos Checa (Althea*Racing) Ducati 1098R 30'39.369
9. Leon Haslam (BMW*Motorrad*Motorsport) BMW S1000 RR 30'42.923
10. Maxime Berger (Supersonic*Racing*Team) Ducati 1098R 30'44.598
11. Joan Lascorz (Kawasaki*Racing*Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 31'02.142
12. Troy Corser (BMW*Motorrad*Motorsport) BMW S1000 RR 31'04.805
13. Roberto Rolfo (Team*Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 31'29.660
RT. Noriyuki Haga (PATA*Racing*Team*Aprilia) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 27'12.450
RT. Makoto Tamada (Castrol*Honda) Honda CBR1000RR 28'49.186
RT. Leon Camier (Aprilia*Alitalia*Racing*Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 25'20.427
RT. Mark Aitchison (Team*Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 23'13.507
RT. James Toseland (BMW*Motorrad*Italia*SBK*Team) BMW S1000 RR 18'52.995
RT. Michel Fabrizio (Team*Suzuki*Alstare) Suzuki GSX-R1000 12'20.292

Manufacturer Standings after N??rburgring

Ducati 400
Yamaha 351
Aprilia 336
BMW 214
Kawasaki 171
Suzuki 158
Honda 132

Rider Standings after N??rburgring

1 ÔÇô C. Checa ÔÇô 376
2 ÔÇô M. Melandri ÔÇô 302
3 ÔÇô M. Biaggi ÔÇô 281
4 ÔÇô E. Laverty ÔÇô 232
5 ÔÇô L. Haslam ÔÇô 176
6 ÔÇô L. Camier ÔÇô 154
7 ÔÇô M. Fabrizio ÔÇô 141
8 ÔÇô S. Guintoli ÔÇô 139
9 ÔÇô A. Badovini ÔÇô 134
10 ÔÇô N. Haga ÔÇô 115
11 ÔÇô T. Sykes ÔÇô 114
12 ÔÇô J. Rea ÔÇô 113
13 ÔÇô J. Lascorz ÔÇô 111
14 ÔÇô J. Smrz ÔÇô 109
15 ÔÇô T. Corser ÔÇô 67
16 ÔÇô R. Xaus ÔÇô 44
17 ÔÇô M. Berger ÔÇô 42
18 ÔÇô R. Rolfo ÔÇô 39
19 ÔÇô M. Aitchison ÔÇô 24
20 ÔÇô J. Hopkins ÔÇô 20

BMW Motorrad Motorsport - WSBK - N??rburgring ÔÇô Races
N??rburgring ÔÇô Races.
Sunday, 04 September 2011.
Weather conditions: Overcast at noon, heavy rain in the afternoon.
Temperature: Air: 20 ÔÇô 21 ??C, Track: 25 ÔÇô 29 ??C
Number of riders participating: 19 from 13 teams
Fastest lap Race 1: Carlos Checa (Althea Racing) 1:55.971 min
Fastest lap Race 2: Noriyuki Haga (PATA Racing Team Aprilia) 2:14.6199 min
This race day at the N??rburging (GER) was not for the faint-hearted. Team BMW Motorrad Motorsport experienced an exciting tenth round of the 2011 FIM Superbike World Championship, including a hectic wet race. Factory rider, Leon Haslam (GBR), finished fifth and ninth on his BMW S 1000 RR. He is now fifth in the ridersÔÇÖ championship with 176 points. His team mate Troy Corser (AUS) came home in 15th and 12th respectively. In the championship he lies 15th with 67 points. In the manufacturersÔÇÖ standings BMW is fourth with 214 points.
In race one Leon improved from seventh on the grid to fifth during the early laps, pushing to close the gap to the leading group. But on lap seven he ran off the track, re-joined but fell back to 14th. After this mishap, Leon fought his way back in a determined manner, setting extremely fast lap times and showing a series of strong manoeuvres. On lap 13 he overtook three other riders at once, and on the final lap he made it back to fifth. Troy improved from 17th on the grid to 11th, but experienced tyre issues in the second half of the race and finished 15th.
Only minutes before the start of the second race it began to rain heavily. The start had to be delayed by 15 minutes. Leon again gained two positions in the early stages, but unfortunately he was one of many riders who crashed in the worsening conditions. Again, Leon was able to rejoin and he started another fight back from the very end of the field. As the conditions became more and more dangerous and numerous riders fell, the race was red-flagged on lap 14. Leon and Troy were classified ninth and 12th. Ayrton Badovini (ITA) of the BMW Motorrad Italia SBK Team finished the heats ninth and seventh. His team mate James Toseland (GBR) was 13th in the first race, but crashed in the second. The races were won by Carlos Checa and Tom Sykes.
In the FIM Superstock 1000 Cup race BMW riders were once more successful, with three BMW S 1000 RRs finishing in the top six. Sylvain Barrier (FRA) from the BMW Motorrad Italia Superstock Team finished second on the podium. His team mate, Lorenzo Zanetti (ITA), crossed the line in fourth, Markus Reiterberger (GER) from the Garnier Alpha Racing Team completed the top six.
Leon Haslam:
Result Race 1: 5th / Gap to 1st: 00:09.727 min / Fastest Lap Race 1: 1:56.340 min
Result Race 2: 9th / Gap to 1st: 00:53.586 min / Fastest Lap Race 2: 2:16.672 min
ÔÇ£In race one I had a good start and managed to pass two guys. Then I tried to bridge the gap to Eugene Laverty. I just pushed a little bit too hard, got a false neutral and ran off the track. To be fair, I thought the race was over. But I got my head down and managed to get back to fifth. I am happy to have managed that, but disappointed I ran off. But the battling was certainly fun. In the second race I felt really good. The crash was my fault. I clipped a white line, which in these conditions is not good, and I went down. I managed to get going again and climb all the way up to seventh, but the race was stopped before I crossed the line, the results were taken from the lap before, and so I was ninth. The conditions out there were really bad, and it probably should have been stopped earlier. I think I could have got on the podium today because my times at the end were really good, but it was definitely the right decision to stop the race.ÔÇØ
Troy Corser:
Result Race 1: 15th / Gap to 1st: 00:33.320 min / Fastest Lap Race 1: 1:56.919 min
Result Race 2: 12th / Gap to 1st: 01:15.468 min / Fastest Lap Race 2: 2:16.950 min
ÔÇ£Today has been difficult for sure. The starting position we had made life very difficult, because the first corner tends to spread the field out and you just cannot make the time back. Race two was just so wet and I could hardly see what was going on. The rain was causing me to aquaplane everywhere and I was having some big slides. I saw James Toseland crash in front of me, and then I decided to just keep it upright and finish the best I could. It was the right decision to stop the race because it was becoming very hard to ride safely out there, but I am just happy to have brought it home and score some points.ÔÇØ
Bernhard Gobmeier (BMW Motorrad Motorsport Director):
ÔÇ£The first race was very exciting. We had LeonÔÇÖs run-off that cost him a few seconds, and in the end he these seconds were exactly his gap to the top. On top of that comes the fact that in the closing stages he was doing the fastest lap times. That showed we are heading in a very good direction, and are able to race at the front. In the second race we proved we are also very strong in the wet. Also in these conditions we did top lap times, but the very bad vision and the extremely difficult conditions led to LeonÔÇÖs crash that hindered us in getting a better result. Maybe it would have been a different story if the race had been stopped earlier and then restarted. To sum it up: No top result, but a positive summary ÔÇô because we could see that we are definitely competing at the front.ÔÇØ

BMW MOTORRAD ITALIA SUPERBIKE TEAM - NURBURGRING - RACE

Over the weekend at the Nurburgring Ayrton* Badovini*finished both races in the top ten. James* Toseland*skidded out of race two in the extreme weather conditions without sustaining serious damage. In* Superstock, Lorenzo Zanetti remains in the race for the FIM Cup, crossing the finish line fourth to stay second in the series. Sylvain Barrier has taken a strong second place, is 4th in the standings and has closed the gap to the rider in third.

A weekend of hard work to the Nurburgring for the* BMW Motorrad Italia Superbike Team .

Grid position not benefited* Ayrton Badovini *and* James Toseland* in race one without a doubt, from which they surged through the field to finish in ninth and thirteenth respectively. In race two heavy rain had a big impact on rider performance. While Ayrton managed to finish in seventh place, James was caught out by running water on the tarmac and fell, fortunately only bruising his right elbow and grazing the left.

"During the two days of qualifyingÔÇØ -* Ayrton*said ÔÇô ÔÇ£we headed in the wrong direction with set-up, so we took a step backwards. In the race, the bike was better suited to my riding style and it felt fairly good. IÔÇÖm going home quite happy, given* the fact that weÔÇÖve shown we are top ten runners in the wet and dry conditions."

In* Superstock, Sylvain Barrier tried to counter the force of the Ducati before wisely deciding to hold second place that not only allowed him to get on the podium, but also meant closing in on Petrucci in the Cup standings ÔÇô just nine points separate Sylvain from the Italian. Lorenzo Zanetti was hindered at the start by a patch of wet asphalt and was forced to start a comeback during which he engaged in a great battle with Niccol?? Canepa. The fourth place finish allows him to retain second place in the Cup, 23 points behind leader Giugliano.
"In the opening laps I had a good feeling for the bike.ÔÇØ -* Sylvain*said ÔÇô ÔÇ£Then I heard a change in noise from my bike and it was hard to keep up with Giugliano and Petrucci. Since I had the advantage on track I decided to slow down to gain precious points in the Cup. "

Lorenzo* Zanetti, not happy at the end of the race, said: "We had some problems over the weekend and we spent a long time finding the right path. Now we must concentrate and move forward without losing sight of our goal."

Serafino Foti,*sporting director of BMW Motorrad Italia Superbike Team said: "It was a difficult weekend but we are quite happy with the progress from yesterday to today, mainly in the dry. Ayrton managed to maintain a good pace throughout the race, considering a bad start. James himself has improved but is still very limited by his wrist. In race two the conditions were really tough and it was important to get to the end without making mistakes . Unfortunately, James slipped, which can happen in these conditions. Fortunately there was virtually no damage.As always I want to congratulate all the team who, until late last night, were analysing all available data, allowing us to improve.In Superstock, Sylvain drove a clever race, realizing immediately that it was difficult to keep up with Giugliano and still taking second place. Unfortunately, Lorenzo suffered a very bad start and was down to 16th at the end of the first lap. With Superstock races being quite short this compromised his race. "

Superbike:
Gara 1:*1?? C. Checa (Ducati) 38'59.779 - 2?? M. Melandri (Yamaha) + 1.855 - 3?? N. Haga (Aprilia) + 2.322... 9?? A. Badovini (BMW) + 18.166 ...13?? J. Toseland (BMW) + 31.617.
Gara 2:*1?? T. Sykes (Kawasaki) 29'49.337 - 2?? S. Guintoli (Ducati) + 4.063 - 3?? J. Smrz (Ducati) + 22.759 - ...7??* A. Badovini (BMW)*+ 47.030
Campionato: 1?? C. Checa (Ducati) p. 376 - 2?? M. Melandri (Yamaha) p. 302 - 3?? M. Biaggi (Aprilia) p. 281 - ...9??* A. Badovini (BMW)*p. 134 ...22??* J. Toseland (BMW) p. 13 - 23??* L. Lanzi (BMW)*p. 10...27??* B. Veneman (BMW)*p. 3.
Superstock
Gara: 1?? D. Giugliano (Ducati) 22'00.274 - 2?? S. Barrier (BMW) + 4.274 - 3?? N. Canepa (Ducati) + 11.241 - 4?? L. Zanetti (BMW) + 11.459 - 5?? L. Baroni (Ducati) + 11.711
FIM Cup:*1?? D. Giugliano (Ducati) p. 140 - 2??* L. Zanetti (BMW)*p. 117 - 3?? D. Petrucci (Ducati) p. 94 - 4?? *S. Barrier (BMW) *p. 85 - 5?? N. Canepa (Ducati) p. 80.

url=http://www.hondaproracing.com/sbk/news/?race_event_report=1363]hondaproracing.com[/url]: Solid return for Rea at Misano

Part III: MotoGP at Misano and the rest of the news

MotoGP

bbc.co.uk: Stoner earns pole

gresiniracing.com: Second row for fifth fastes Simoncelli at Misano

teamtech3.fr: Edwards storms to superb seventh in Misano qualifying

rizla-suzuki-motogp.com: Bautista records best qualifying of the year

ducati.com: Challenging qualifying session for Rossi and Hayden at Misano

San Marino GP

MotoGP Video: Official video podcast of Misano

motogp.com: Lorenzo returns to victory in San Marino

1 25 1 Jorge LORENZO SPA Yamaha Factory Racing YAMAHA 44'11.877 160.633

2 20 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team HONDA 44'19.176 160.192 7.299

hondaproracing.com: Honda's Pedrosa and Stoner on podium with Lorenzo at Misano

3 16 27 Casey STONER AUS Repsol Honda Team HONDA 44'23.844 159.912 11.967

4 13 58 Marco SIMONCELLI ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini HONDA 44'29.230 159.589 17.353

gresiniracing.com: Fourth place that feels like a podium for Simoncelli

5 11 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team HONDA 44'29.267 159.587 17.390

6 10 11 Ben SPIES USA Yamaha Factory Racing YAMAHA 44'29.969 159.545 18.092

7 9 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Ducati Team DUCATI 44'35.580 159.210 23.703

ducati.com: Nice race for Rossi at Misano, Hayden unfortunate

8 8 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP SUZUKI 44'42.555 158.796 30.678

suzuki-racing.com: Bautista battles hard to 8th at Misano

9 7 8 Hector BARBERA SPA Mapfre Aspar Team MotoGP DUCATI 44'49.379 158.393 37.502

teamaspar.com: Another top ten finish for Hector Barbera

10 6 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 YAMAHA 44'49.597 158.380 37.720

teamtech3.fr: Crutchlow makes welcome return to top 10 in Misano

11 5 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini HONDA 44'51.425 158.273 39.548

12 4 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Cardion AB Motoracing DUCATI 44'52.383 158.217 40.506

13 3 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 YAMAHA 45'05.226 157.465 53.349

14 2 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA Pramac Racing Team DUCATI 45'14.243 156.942 1'02.366

15 1 24 Toni ELIAS SPA LCR Honda MotoGP HONDA 45'32.033 155.920 1'20.156

Other Racing

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HCJBfM96lhY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bikesportnews.com: Bird looses Kawasaki World Superbike contract

reuters.com: MotoGP to stay at Indianapolis until 2014
FWIW: What remains in doubt is what happens after 2014. That is in the hands of Bridgepoint now. Will they see the US market as important enough to hold three races or not. If they find that value the follow up question for Bridgepoint I will wonder is will they expand the current WorldSBK schedule in the process?

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6_LYdoWZ27A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/d3pObViiY3g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BMW Team RLL finishes second and fith at Baltimore Grand Prix

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a5QQxP9eK-I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On the Street

webbikeworld.com: Husqvarna nuda 900

ultimatemotorcycling.com: Husqvarna expands, seven more dealerships

cyrilhuzeblog.com: Fast industry news.

The Mothership

MINI at the Frankfurt Auto Show
The MINI brand takes to the stage at the 2011 Frankfurt International Motor Show (IAA) with increasing variety within its ranks and an unparalleled focus on the individualisation of its models. The worldÔÇÖs most important car show plays host to the world premiere of the MINI Coup?®. And visitors to the event ÔÇô which takes place from 15-25 September 2011 ÔÇô will also be able to explore the rest of the MINI model family, not to mention the latest MINI Yours range of products and an attractive array of Original MINI Accessories...

Reference::

FIM: Official Documents
Link to the current year official documents for all classes and search tool for other years.

FIA Regulations ÔÇô Formula 1 World Championship

WEATHER
US:
http://www.weather.gov/ | NOAA's National Weather Service
Select to go to the NWS homepage. National Weather Service - or - Follow the National Weather Service on FaceBook

http://www.weather.com | Bloomsburg, PA

CA:
http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/canada_e.html

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:
http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/trafficinfo/ : National Traffic and Road Closure Information
511 - America's Traveler Information Telephone Number; Construction Related; Local and State Transit Links; Traffic Conditions; Regional Links; Weather/Road ...

CA:
http://www.th.gov.bc.ca/drivebc_supp/canada_map.htm :
Canada Road Condition Information: Links to provincial highway condition websites across Canada..

Shameless Trolling For Touring Tips

NHTSA.dot.gov Vehicle Recalls RSS

SportRider.com: Motorcycle Riding Skills Series ÔÇô Street bike and motorcycle riding skills techniques articles at Sport Rider

BMW-Motorrad.com: Service
Electronic Parts Catalogue
Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey
Before a log trip
Before winter
How to clean your motorcycle

ascycles.com: BMW Motorcycle Service and Maintenance Schedules

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg
Gasbuddy.com: Search for local gas prices along your trip route.

pure-gas.org: Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. And Canada

Cycle-ergo.com motorcycle ergonomic simulator.

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg
MSF Motorcycle Operators Manual

TIP- When riding at night, flash your brake light often when stopped. It's more noticeable than a steady light

TIP- Need to slow down in a corner? As your speed comes down, your radius can tighten. Keep looking, keep braking, be smooth

QOD- When stopping your motorcycle, which of the following is true? http://t.co/84UMgNt

QOD- Which lane position is best for a motorcycle? http://t.co/J1UIAc8

Bike Candy

Haslam getting aggressive during Nurburgring Superpole

i-tLj4ND3-L.jpg

Wednesday, 7 September

yf0pa50c3653l-S.jpg

SBK

TroyCorser.com

The second race today took part in atrocious conditions. After a dry first race, everybody was hoping for a dry second , but when the teams all lined up on the grid for race two, the heavens opened and heavy rain began to fall, rendering the track a combination of standing water and rivulets. Aquaplaning became the norm and it was no surprise when the race was red-flagged after fourteen laps. Troy splashed around to twelfth out thirteen finishers, which was better than his fifteenth in the dry first race. Carlos Checa (Ducati) comfortably won race one, with Marco Melandri (Yamaha) second and Noriyuki Haga (Aprilia) third. Tom Sykes (Kawasaki) took the rain-affected race two, with Ducati team mates Sylvain Guintoli and Jakub Smrz second and third. Troy - Race 1: 15th, Race 2: 12th Well, it has not been a good weekend for sure. It didnÔÇÖt start well on Friday and really it never got any better. We lost a lot of time on Friday and that affected the grid position because we were unable to get into Superpole. ItÔÇÖs a shame because my pace in Saturday afternoonÔÇÖs free practice was pretty good. Starting from the fifth row of the grid was never going to be good and matters werenÔÇÖt helped in race one when I didnÔÇÖt get a particularly good start. I found it difficult catching and passing anybody and then began losing grip after about six laps. The bike was spinning up too easily and, from then on, it was just a matter of trying to keep the bike upright and bringing it home, so not a great race for me. We all lined up on the grid for race two on slicks, but it was pretty obvious that the rain was going to come, so the start was delayed ten minutes. Pretty soon the rain began and there was a lot of activity on the grid as everybody changed to full wet tyres. We softened up the bike a little and changed the preload to the wet set-up we tried in the morning warm-up. Even on the inspection lap, puddles were beginning to form and so we all took the first lap of the race pretty cautiously. I didnÔÇÖt make a bad start, but maybe took it a bit too cautiously going into turn. It wouldÔÇÖve been so easy to crash there and take a load of other riders out, so I erred on the side of caution. I lost some time because of that, but soon had to concentrate hard to avoid crashing in the variable conditions. Some parts of the track had a lot of water on them and some not so much, so you had to keep your wits about you all the time. There were deep puddles everywhere and many, many rivulets running across the track. Down at the bottom hairpin, there was even some mud or sand washed down from the hill and we were also aquaplaning in many areas. Toseland came past me pretty hard and then had a big off and that made me a bit more cautious. I didnÔÇÖt want to crash and bend or break the plate in my arm because that wouldÔÇÖve been a disaster. By half race distance, the conditions were pretty dangerous and a few of us riders put our hands up to get the race stopped. But no notice was taken until about four laps later, when the race was red-flagged. If I had been in a different position in the championship and didnÔÇÖt have a plate and screws in my arm, I might have gone a bit faster but, in my situation, there was no point. I am happy to have survived the afternoon, uninjured, and hope that conditions will be much better in the next round in Imola. See ya, Troy

worldsbk.com: Checa plays it safe in Race 2

biksportnews.com: Haslam plans to re-sign with BMW in the next few weeks

"I really want to finish what I started with BMW so the plan is to re-sign with them in the next few weeks. I have offers from pretty much every other team in the paddock but I think that is the right way to go," said Haslam, speaking to bikesportnews.com this evening.
<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XvBL3cih6Rg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MotoGP

MotoGP Misano Post Race Interviews ÔÇô video
Lorenzo
Pedrosa
Stoner

fim-lice.com: Yamaha 1000cc test in Misano

motomatters.com: Misano and Indianapolis extend MotoGP contracts

Formula 1

formula1.com: Jarno Trulli ÔÇô New man or past master?

autosport.com: Deconstructing Formula 1 ÔÇô the front suspension

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mZhuCzQzk14" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kGirH0t7ew4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Other Racing

Husqvarna and Meo ÔÇô 2011 Enduro 2 World Champs
Double podium finish at GP of Andorra ensures Husqvarna and Antoine Meo secure Enduro 2 world title in style at the yearÔÇÖs penultimate GP
P90082661highRes-S.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0vJVZNU7iRY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v0X2sBTsFZA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RYaI-dqujvw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DaLnwjo9tYU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On the Street

gizmag.com: BMW and Husqvarna to show electric motorcycle concepts at Frankfurt

sportrider.com: Motorcycle riders motivation ÔÇô What motivates you?

ducati.com: Diavel AMG Special Edition

motorcyclenews.com: New Tiger 800 gives Triumph big boost in [UK] sales

visordown.com: Bikers death sparks road investigation

webbikeworld.com: Vemar VRX7 helmet review

The Mothership

Woodcliff Lake, NJ  September 6, 2011 BMW of North America today announced a partnership with the Big Ten Conference, becoming the official luxury automobile of the oldest Division I college conference in the United States. The agreement will run for the duration of the 2011-2012 sports seasons covering football, mens and womens basketball, baseball and Olympic sports programs.

FWIW

<!--copy and paste--><object width="526" height="374"><param name="movie" value="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="bgColor" value="#ffffff"></param><param name="flashvars" value="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2011/Blank/EdwardTenner_2011-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/EdwardTenner_2011-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1217&lang=eng&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=edward_tenner_unintended_consequences;year=2011;theme=tales_of_invention;theme=technology_history_and_destiny;theme=a_taste_of_ted2011;theme=what_s_next_in_tech;theme=new_on_ted_com;event=TED2011;tag=Culture;tag=Design;tag=Technology;tag=history;tag=invention;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;" /><embed src="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf" pluginspace="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" bgColor="#ffffff" width="526" height="374" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2011/Blank/EdwardTenner_2011-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/EdwardTenner_2011-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1217&lang=eng&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=edward_tenner_unintended_consequences;year=2011;theme=tales_of_invention;theme=technology_history_and_destiny;theme=a_taste_of_ted2011;theme=what_s_next_in_tech;theme=new_on_ted_com;event=TED2011;tag=Culture;tag=Design;tag=Technology;tag=history;tag=invention;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;"></embed></object>

Cage World

Jaguar-E-Type-50th-Anniversary-M.jpg

Link to the current year official documents for all classes and search tool for other years.

WEATHER
US:
Select to go to the NWS homepage. National Weather Service - or - Follow the National Weather Service on FaceBook

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:
http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/trafficinfo/ : National Traffic and Road Closure Information
511 - America's Traveler Information Telephone Number; Construction Related; Local and State Transit Links; Traffic Conditions; Regional Links; Weather/Road ...

CA:
Canada Road Condition Information: Links to provincial highway condition websites across Canada..

SportRider.com: Motorcycle Riding Skills Series ÔÇô Street bike and motorcycle riding skills techniques articles at Sport Rider

Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey
Before a log trip
Before winter

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

TIP. The recommended following distance is normally a minimum of 2 seconds from the vehicle ahead of you. P.15 http://t.co/FlH3PnJ

QOD. The motorcycleÔÇÖs front brake provides how much of total potential stopping power? http://t.co/8LcrZ2E

Bike Candy

Leon Haslam doing some all weather touring on the S 1000 RR

P90082644highRes-L.jpg

Thursday, 8 September

yf0pa50c3653l-S.jpg

SBK

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tyOTMtmCRPs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MotoGP

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8bYoA0TxSQ8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

motomatters.com: Bridgestone press rlease – Hirobide Hamashima talks about the effect of asymetric slicks at Misano

Formula 1

fia.com: Italian GP Preview

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-4b4emu9Rik" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wuRF_fd5PZM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Other Racing

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jRGC7rK5Y0s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Jt1B608Zlfk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BMW Motorsport | DTM
The stage is set for a debut at the Lausitzring early next week: on Monday and Tuesday BMW Motorsport will, for the first time, take to the track with the two other manufacturers represented in the DTM in 2012. As well as Andy Priaulx (GB) and Augusto Farfus (BR), BMW works drivers J?Ârg M??ller (DE) and Dirk M??ller (DE) will also be given their first chance to test the BMW M3 DTM.

tumblrlqwtzohpCf1qlbtloo11280-S.jpg

On the Street

motorcyclenews.com: Staff bikes | BMW G650GS

motorcyclistonline.com: BMW F800Gs vs Triumph 800XC

cyrilhuzeblog.com: Motorcycle fuel economy reference guide

ultimatemotorcycling.com: 2011 Triumph Rocket III Touring | Quick look

timesofindia.indiatimes.com: Piaggio guns for bigger bike business in India

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/deMkHV-31SM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Mothership

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NNbq9Z61urk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FIA Regulations – Formula 1 World Championship

WEATHER
US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:

CA:

SportRider.com: Motorcycle Riding Skills Series – Street bike and motorcycle riding skills techniques articles at Sport Rider

Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey…
Before a log trip…
Before winter…

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

QOD. If braking is required when swerving, what should you do? http://t.co/OkQ8eJD

Bike Candy

From the Japanese builders at Ritmo-Sereno[/img]

Friday, 09 September

yf0pa50c3653l-S.jpg

SBK

worldsbk.com: Kawasaki plans take new direction for 2012
Kawasaki is putting the factory into the factory team with central control of its new Zed supperbike in the key second season of its existence while Ducati and the other Japanese factories will be focusing on the new MotoGP formula. In addition it is a gauntlet thrown at the feet of BMW and Aprilia who have to date chosen to focus their factory efforts in WorldSBK

MotoGP

motogp.com: Wayne Rainey visits Yamaha HQ

ducati.com: Valentino Rossi concludes sizth GP12 test day, at Mugello

motomatters.com: Valentino Rossi testing GP12 at Mugello ÔÇô Is it the new aluminium chassis?

Formula 1

fia.com: Thursday Press Conference organised by the FIA for the 2011 Italian Grand Prix.

formula1.com: Italy preview ÔÇô who will be king of the slipstream?

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Y9SGUKwyjx0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

autosport.com: Why F1 must embrace the digital revolution

Other Racing

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lBZ3mk0pxhc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

indiancarsbikes.in: Iran to hos Formula 1? Ahmadinejad building state-of-the-art F1 track and not nukes

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GpuPwefUDPw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On the Street

motorcyclistonline.com: Culp customs ÔÇô 'Antiqued' BMW S1000RR

thekneeslider.com: Duke engines 5 cylinder 4 stroke 3 injector valveless axial engine
Link: Duke Engines

cpsc.gov: KTM North america recalls off-road motorcycles due to fall or crash hazard

While Kawasaki has been setting the stage to take control of the WorldSBK team it has also been teasing a new sport bike with a variety of videos ÔÇô visordown.com: Kawasaki still teasing the ZZR1400

thechicane.com: Video ÔÇô Vintage BMW sidecar action

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jvPxBHOyW7U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9xwCIFB2KMg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MxI3EtipVgI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Mothership

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZtOI6ayf6NQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dynamic, nimble and reliable. Only three of the many aspects that characterize the BMW R51 -- 3 making it an absolute highlight of motorcycle history. But in the early 50's this machine didn't just make the hearts of the racers beat faster.

Munich. The BMW Group has once again been named the automotive industryÔÇÖs sector leader in the ranking published today by the SAM Group for the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes (DJSI). The BMW Group has therefore been the worldÔÇÖs most sustainable automobile manufacturer for seven consecutive years. The BMW Group is also the only company in the automotive industry to be listed in this family of indexes every year since it was established in 1999.

Patent Application: Two-stage exhaust gas turbocharging arrangement for an internal combustion engine

FWIW

Cage World

dezeen.com: Concept i3 and i8 concepts by BMW

fia.com: Starting in 2011, and for the next two years, the FIA and MICHELIN will be implementing a partnership agreement designed to develop new actions to foster a safer and more sustainable mobility, a mobility that also respects the environment.

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nIPkQkpOvWk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9jjufP3bDfg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tumblrlk4e141xFe1qzpsi6o1500.jpg

WEATHER
US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:

CA:

Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey
Before a log trip
Before winter

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

TIP. Night riding, it helps to spot wild animals if your headlight is bright and aimed correctly.

QOD. What should you do if a parked car begins to pull away from the curb as you approach? http://t.co/9K16Wvu

Bike Candy

7ad4bc49f84dc822eac755aec2ebee.jpg

Friday, 09 September: James Toseland Retires

Wrist disability forces James Toseland's racing retirement

James Toseland, two times World Superbike Champion and flag-bearer of the BMW Motorrad Italia SBK Team, was injured during a private test at the Aragon circuit in March. After a first operation it was thought that he would easily return to full fitness, but after two attempts at returning to the track it was necessary to impose a prolonged recuperation time after the Silverstone event.

i-fQ6fQw4-M.jpg

After another fall for the English rider at the Nurburgring race in the bad weather conditions, James consulted with his doctor. The damage to his wrist has severely restricted JamesÔÇÖ range of movement, making it difficult to operate a motorcycle throttle properly and almost impossible to navigate right hand turns.*
Toseland also emphasised that from a safety point of view his condition could be dangerous for other riders on the track as well as himself.

With this prognosis, and on the advice of his doctor, Toseland, with BMW Motorrad Italia SBK Team, announces his retirement with immediate effect.

Andrea Buzzoni, Project Director of BMW Motorrad Italia Superbike Team and Director of BMW Motorrad Italia, declared: ÔÇ£IÔÇÖm personally very sorry about JamesÔÇÖ retirement. I had the opportunity to meet James this year and get to know him and I appreciated his professionalism and especially his human qualities in such a difficult year. I want to thank James for his conduct, his likeable and open personality and his kindness and professionalism. In racing there are lots of fast riders, but James joins together rider talent and a great humanity. HeÔÇÖs an excellet rider ÔÇô a champion - and a very good and positive person. Thank you James!ÔÇØ
James added: ÔÇ£2011 has been a tough year for me and this week has been one of the most difficult of my life, but advice from professionals has made it clear that my crash at Aragon has left me with a permanent disability, which means that I will never again be able to ride competently at this level.

ÔÇ£While thatÔÇÖs hard to hear, I have to place the emphasis on the safety of other riders in the paddock as well as myself and I realise that itÔÇÖs not fair to occupy a World Superbike seat with a team as professional as BMW Motorrad Italia when there are fit and talented riders available who are desperate for this type of opportunity.ÔÇØ

i-KpC8sqg-M.jpg

Saturday, 10 September

yf0pa50c3653l-S.jpg

SBK

BMW Group ÔÇô Sport: Leon Haslam will line up for BMW Motorrad Motorsport in 2012
Munich/Stephanskirchen, 10th September 2011. BMW Motorrad Motorsport have opted for continuity and were able to retain British rider Leon Haslam for 2012. The 28-year-old from Smalley in Derbyshire will therefore ride a factory bike for the Munich-based manufacturer once again next season

FWIW: Now a question of deuces.
James Toseland's retirement is with immediate effect. What BMW Motorrad Team Italia will do for the remainder of the season remains in doubt. Who will be the number two at both BMW teams in 2012 remains in doubt. Marco Melandri and Hiroshi Aoyama have been reported to be on the list but is this for SBK or MotoGP? Even the name of Checa surfaced at one time. What is clear is that the names of Troy Corser and James Toseland will not be on the Enigma Cavalry rider roster for 2012.

jamestoseland.com 9.09.2011 A letter to my fans.

I wanted to write you a personal letter to explain the factors that have forced my early retirement and to take the opportunity to thank you for all of the amazing support that you have given me throughout my career.

As you all know, IÔÇÖve had a tough time since injuring my right wrist during a testing crash at Aragon in Spain earlier this year. At the time of first seeing my Consultant, he warned that the damage to my wrist could be career-threatening, but we both committed to doing everything we could to ensure that I could continue racing.

Having struggled through a couple of races and then crashing out in the terrible conditions at Nurburgring in Germany, I went back to see the Consultant, Mike Hayton, this week and the diagnosis was the worst I could have prepared myself for.

The easiest way to explain it is that I donÔÇÖt have enough range of movement in my wrist to race professionally and no amount of physiotherapy is going to improve that. This all led to the verdict was that itÔÇÖs no longer safe for me to continue a career in motorcycle racing.

I have to put the safety of the other riders on track first, as well as thinking about my own safety. Knowing that I will never again be fully fit to race at the highest level, itÔÇÖs also unfair for me to occupy a great seat in WSBK that a young, talented rider who is fully fit could take better advantage of.

Obviously, the decision has been a difficult one and itÔÇÖs been really hard to take the advice of my Consultant and admit defeat on this occasion but I really have no other option left at this stage. IÔÇÖve tried everything possible for the last few months but the sad truth is that none of it has worked and my wrist will never fully heal enough for me to operate the throttle properly and navigate right hand turns.

You have been amazing in the best and worst times of my career and itÔÇÖs been almost like having a second family to support me through my career. So, thank you for everything and I hope that I have done you proud

bbc.co.uk: Injury forces Toseland to retire

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Dp_D8en9ShA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
FWIW: This video is from Yamaha Racing via YouTube. WorldSBK allows embeding of their race day updates and pieces such as this. MotoGP requires a subscription to new releases and only allows links to their YouTube posts. I have to wonder what next year will bring on this front with Bridgestone taking control of both. How will they view amortizing? WorldSBK seems to think viral marketing works one way while MotoGP has exercised much more control.
:lurk

Formula 1

fia.com: Italian GP ÔÇô Friday Press Conference
TEAM REPRESENTATIVES - Giorgio ASCANELLI (Toro Rosso), Eric BOULLIER (Renault), Stefano DOMENICALI (Ferrari), Tim GOSS (McLaren), Peter SAUBER (Sauber)
formula1.com: Friday practice ÔÇô selected team and driver quotes.

formula1.com: Can Red Bull pull a fast one at Monza?

Friday Practice:

1st Session
Classification
Lap Times

2nd Session
Classification
Lap Times

autosport.com: David Coulthard's Italian GP preview

speedtv.com: Steve Matche discusses different camber angles and its affect on F1 cars...

Saturday Practice:

formula1.com[/url]: Vettel heads Red Bull one-two

formula1.com[/url]: Fia to enforce Pirelli camber recommendations

reuters.com: Italian Grand Prix final practice times

Qualifying: Italian Grand Prix

Vettel takes the pole for the Italian Grand Prix ÔÇô 2011

1 Vettel
2 Hamilton
3 Button
4 Alonso
5 Webber
6 Massa
7 Petrov
8 Schumacher
9 Rosberg
10 Senna

The usual suspects follow. Sauber surprised by not being more competitive in in Q2. In Q3 Nine cars turned in times during Q3. Senna did not turn a wheel so retains his starting tyre option with everyone else in Q3 having to start on their qualifying tyres. Senna's Q2 time would have him on the same row but on the less desirable side of the track. I doubt he will be a race contender but fans should pay close attention to his performance. Kubica is expected to make a testing return to a formula car latter this month. Petrov and Senna may be racing the rest of the season for the 2012 second seat at LRGP.

bbc.co.uk: Live ÔÇô Italian Grand Prix
Text of the BBC presenters commentary during third practice and qualifying

Other Racing

yamaha-racing.com: Yamaha's Josh Hayes repeats as American SuperBike Champion

reutuers.com: Formula One driver Robert Kubica should be back on a racetrack next month for the first time since his rally accident in February, the Pole's manager Daniele Morelli told Reuters on Friday.

dirtrider.com: Industry Buzz ÔÇô Husqvarna goes undedefeated in nailing 2011 Championship in Quebec

On the Street

motorcyclistonline.com: BMW K1600GT | Doing time

visordown.com: Triple Black BMW R1200GS Adventure

nortonmotorcycles.com: Norton's machine room

motorcyclenews.com: Yamaha to launch host of anniversary models next week

motorcyclistonline.com: What ever happened to Lord Hesketh?

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TjCw19zuTgQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ESqggb-nOeU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Turn on the cc option for English subtitles as Vale takes us through the Ducati Museum
<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Rwoima1ZlCk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xUM-gRzyZkE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MOF9hyOSEsQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Mothership

, a 1911 ÔÇÿExperimental Speed CarÔÇÖ known as 1701, will lead a cavalcade of 17 historic Rolls-Royce Silver Ghosts from the Royal Automobile Club, Pall Mall, on Sunday 11 September. The historic cars, dating from 1911 to 1922, will be supported by a new Rolls-Royce Ghost, hand built at the Home of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars at Goodwood, West Sussex. The event, run by the 20-Ghost Club, will re-enact the 1911 London to Edinburgh Top Gear Trial, which cemented the Rolls-Royce reputation for superlative quality, refinement and reliability.

FWIW

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OxYI9D-BKPo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Lr-xPdepXJQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cage World

McLaren MP4-12C ÔÇô On the Monza circuit and Milan streets
<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CK-XZAcgY0Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Porsche at the Frankfurt Auto Show
<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/q-eg_F68NWE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aDH8kJ1G1wk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's good to be Alonso
<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KxTUHnnYo9c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[url=http://www.fim-live.com/en/fim/fim-official-documents/]FIM
: Official Documents

WEATHER
US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:

CA:

Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey
Before a log trip
Before winter

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

TIP- Never carry anyone sidesaddle. Your bike is not a horse, no matter what the passengerÔÇÖs wearing. P. 50 http://t.co/1pIqLTu

QOD- How should riders in a group formation pass an automobile? http://t.co/bIeNFGC

Bike Candy

deucustoms.com

deuscustoms-XL.jpg

Sunday, 11 September

yf0pa50c3653l-S.jpg

Formula 1

Saturday: Qualifying

fia.com: 2011 Italian Grand Prix Post Qualifying Press Conference
Drivers
1 ÔÇô Sebastian Vettel
2 ÔÇô Lewis Hamilton
3 ÔÇô Jensen Button

Classifications
Lap Times
Maximum Speeds
Sector Times
Speed Trap

formula1.com: Qualifying analysis ÔÇô flying Vettel springs a surprise at Monza

formula1.com: Qualifying ÔÇô selected team and driver quotes

Team comments on qualifying at Monza
ATT Williams
Ferrari
Force India F1
Lotus Renault GP
Mercedes GP
Red Bull
Sauber F1 Team
Toro Rosso
Team Lotus
Vodafone McLaren

autosport.com: Five themes to watch for in Italy

motorsport.com: Montezemolo ÔÇô Formula 1 is too dependent on aerodynamics

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mva1xA6Nsg8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Other Racing

BMW Motorsport locks out GTE class front row at Silverstone

The Mothership

P90082770highRes-XL.jpg

FWIW

Cage World

youtube.be: Classic Car Hunters - Maserati

WEATHER
US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:

CA:

Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey
Before a log trip
Before winter

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

TIP: If you ride in a wet, rainy area, you'll really appreciate a rain suit, which slips on easily over your other protective gear.

QOD: What is the best way to stop your motorcycle quickly? http://t.co/AhRZGt9

Bike Candy

From Motorcycle Picture of the Day and Advrider ÔÇô Twice as many engines = twice as many oil stains.

TT100-100-M.jpg

:laugh

Monday, 12 September

yf0pa50c3653l-S.jpg

Formula 1

fia.com: Italian Grand Prix Post Race Press Conference
DRIVERS
1 - Sebastian VETTEL (Red Bull Racing)
2 - Jenson BUTTON (McLaren)
3 - Fernando ALONSO (Ferrari)
Starting Grid
Classifications
Lap Chart
Lap Analysis
Fastest Laps
History Chart
Maximum Speed
Pit Stop Summary
Sector Times
Speed Trap

Standings:
Drivers' Championship
Constructors' Championship

formula1.com: Selected team and driver quotes

formula1.com: Luzzi handed a five-place grid penalty for Singapore hispaniaracing.com

bbc.co.uk: Transcript of the BBC race call

reuters.com: Schumacher criticized for harsh moves
speedtv.com: Hamilton refuses to criticize Michael Schumacher
-related-
mercedes-gp.com: Monza, Sunday: Michael - “The fighting against Lewis was big fun!”

bbc.co.uk: Alonso gives up on the title chase
"We are fighting for second place in the championship."

Other Racing

Difficult ILMC race for BMW Motorsport at Silverstone
The fifth round of the 2011 Intercontinental Le Mans Cup (ILMC) at Silverstone (GB) did not run according to plan for BMW Motorsport. After six hours, Andy Priaulx (GB) and Uwe Alzen (DE) finished fourth in the GTE class, driving the no. 56 BMW M3 GT. The no. 55 car, driven by Augusto Farfus (BR) and J?Ârg M??ller (DE), crossed the line in sixth

On the Street

cyrilhuzeblog.com: Cannonball Endurance Run will have a 2012 edition

webbikeworld.com: Bilt Trackstar leather panst – review

ultimatemotorcycling.com: 2011 Suzuki Hayabusa | Quick look

FWIW

In Formula 1 it is important to win the race to turn one. Alonso did win that race. He won the restart also but by that time the advantage winning the former gave him was lost. Instead of building a lead while Vettel dueled with the McLaren drivers he found himself dueling with Vettel. He lost that duel and now he seems willing to cede the Drivers' Championship to Vettel while focusing on the second rung of the season podium. This may be a realistic observation but the tofosi in me wonders just how far he will tumble down the rankings now that he has decided to settle for the second podium.

Where did Mercedes GP steal the car that Michael Schumacher drove? Will the police let them keep it? I certainly hope so.

I don't know what the fight between Hamilton and Schumacher looked like on the boob tube; as usual I “watched” the race on live timing then went out for the day. The F1 commentator noted Hamilton's first complaint to the pits about Schum blocking but from his view and replay seemed to think it was good fighting. Observing the lap times the Mercedes gave both McLarens fits when they were forced to deal with and pass Schum. The gap between P4 and P5 at the end of the race had more to do with Schumacher deciding to play it safe and take a P5 than loose everything in a last ditch fight with Hamilton. A revitalized Mercedes GP in the hands of either Rosberg or Schumacher could give both McLaren and Ferrari a hard time for the balance of the season.

There's many a slip between cup and lip so I am not ready to raise my cup and toast Vettel as the season champion. Engines blow up. Transmissions fail. Drivers crash. Strategies work on Wednesday but fail on Sunday. I picked him to repeat as champion but there are many races left for the racing dogs to bite him in the butt and make the championship hunt more interesting than it looks now.

That said read this from the Chicane blog.

WEATHER
US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:

CA:

SportRider.com: Motorcycle Riding Skills Series – Street bike and motorcycle riding skills techniques articles at Sport Rider

Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey…
Before a log trip…
Before winter…

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

TIP: Deer eyes reflect light; so if you see a "reflector" winking on and off, it may be a deer or other animal. http://dld.bz/dsGR

QOD: When selecting a lane position in which to ride, what should you do? http://t.co/vPpqIDW

Bike Candy

From Ottonero Cafe Racer

P4180024-M.jpg

P4180025-M.jpg

Tuesday, 13 September

yf0pa50c3653l-S.jpg

SBK

worldsbk.com: Eliass to test for BMW Italia at Misano

worldsbk.com: James Toseland – Two title ueber trier

BMW Motorrad Italia SBK Team
Toni Elias, 2010 winner of the Moto 2 World Championship and riding this year for the Team LCR Honda Moto GP, will for the first time in his career be riding a Superbike during the tests scheduled for 13 and 14 September at the Misano Adriatico circuit. The Spanish rider will undergo two days of testing aboard a BMW X 1000 RR for the BMW Motorrad Italia SBK Team.

MotoGP

MotoGP – YouTube: The champion has not surrendered

motogp.com: Aragon preview – Aragon ready for key MotoGP round.

rizla-suzuki-motogp.com: Bautista ready for Aragon assalt

bbc.co.uk: Yamaha's Lorenzo to race in Japan

motomatters.com: Argentina to host a MotoGP race from 2013?

Formula 1

formula1.com: Vettel lands the knockout blow
formula1.com: Sebastian Vettel - “We're not there yet”

Red Bull is getting ready to head to Singapore
f17894cdad889ed3landing1.jpg

The fat lady has not sung yet but she was given a seat on the Red Bull transport to Singapore

Lacking little other excitement in F1 the Schumacher controversy goes on.
bbc.co.uk: Martin Brundle F1 Column

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dNgyeN6qy80" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Other Racingg

motorcycleshows.com: New AMA land speed sidecar record

Yamaha World Superbike riders cook off ft. Jamie Oliver's Ministry of Food
<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/n2NvdJnLi4c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On the Street

motorcyclistonline.com: BMW K1600GTL vs Honda GL 1800 Gold Win

thekneeslider.com: The golden age of project parts

roadracingworld.com: Triumph North America hires new agency

dealernews.com: New website sells womens riding gear

k100rt.afrourmfree.com: My K100 cafe racer project story

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zFOa1yY6WGI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sCrVs3KSO8Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Mothership

Goodwood Tuesday 13 September 2011 The Home of Rolls-Royce at Goodwood in West Sussex is to expand in the months ahead. The news follows significant growth in worldwide sales over the last 18 months and a greater demand from customers for highly personalised Rolls-Royce Ghost and Phantom models.

The BMW Group is set to take on some 3,500 new associates this year, around half of whom will be based in Germany.

FWIW

ducati.com: Steetfighter 848 | Ducati unveils a new model range

Streetfighter-S.jpg

Streetfighter-S.jpg

Streetfighter-S.jpg

This is not earth shattering motorcycle news, especially on a BMW forum. What struck me is it is another example of a manufacturer not waiting for the Milan Tokyo or some other international motorcycle show to release a new model.

With championships close to being decided I have begun to mentally prepare for the next big season – motorcycle show season. For me that means tracking down information on the new models from various manufacturers, deciding which ones to include, which to leave out and spending a lot of time moving pictures and videos around the internet.

It is also a time each year when I take a minority position in many forum threads bemoaning the lack of manufacture (on this forum insert BMW) participation at the regional motorcycle show people are going to attend. Bemoaning, heck many of you will vacillate between wailing like a jilted lover and latter day incarnations of Pope Urban II calling for new crusades to be waged against those cretins in Munich who won't take bikes to shows.

Don't get me wrong I love a good cage or motorcycle show. I remember as a kid going to my first international cage show and seeing the new Jaguar E Type being unveiled. I have spent weekends at motorcycle shows looking at and comparing bikes trying to decide which was going to be my next bike. Motorcycle shows: I get it.

I also get it that sales are down for most manufacturers and all need to eliminate the holding time between build and release of new models to keep people coming to the showrooms and buying. These individual releases such as Ducati's above, or the recent Husqvarna entire line up release would have taken place in Milan in the past. Now they leak pictures on the internet, then videos to YouTube and finally press releases of the entire lines.

I am getting ahead of myself. I need to calm down. It is still racing season. I am trying to figure out BMW's racing strategy for the remainder of the SBK season, wondering what will happen in MotoGP to keep Casey Stoner from making my season prediction come true, is the chassis of the Ducati GP 12 carbon fiber or aluminum as many think, Formula 1 and other racing. My parts bin is full. Why borrow trouble? It is only mid September. The shows are not until November. The first out cries that will result in calls for crusaders to report won't happen till some time late in October. I have time.

I have time to head over to the official Lilydale gas station on my way to work this morning and get a mug of coffee. Any size coffee for a buck. I hope I unpacked my 64oz mug. I need a strong dose of caffeine this morning to bring me back to reality.

Cage World

indiancarsbike.in: Lamboghini to make only 20 units of the Sesto Elemento ICB

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ajeGYKYeG5g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/H68LcQc5Xfk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Screen-Shot-2011-08-23-at-S.png

WEATHER
US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:

CA:

Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey…
Before a log trip…
Before winter…

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

TIP: Group rides: keep at least a 2-second following distance from the m/c in front of you. P.47 http://t.co/1pIqLTu

QOD: Which of the following is true when carrying cargo on your motorcycle? http://t.co/VTR3bse

MSF__USA: The Motorcycle Safety Foundation graduated its six millionth RiderCourse ℠student! http://t.co/SmBMXQK

Bike Candy

BMW-L.jpg

Wednesday, 14 September

yf0pa50c3653l-S.jpg

SBK

worldsbk.com: Two days of testing begin at Misano [Tuesday - Wenesday]

worldsbk.com: Melandri quickest at Misano testing [Tuesday]
Unofficial Tuesday times: 1. Melandri (Yamaha) 1'36.0; 2. Checa (Ducati) 1'36.3; 3. Laverty (Yamaha) 1'36.3; 4. Sykes (Kawasaki) 1'36.5; 5. Badovini (BMW) 1'36.8; 6. Rea (Honda) 1'36.9; 7. Lascorz (Kawasaki) 1'36.9; 8. Hofmann (Aprilia) 1'37.0; 9. Martin (BMW) 1'37.9; 10. Xaus (Honda) 1'38.0; 11. Elias (BMW) 1'38.1; 12. Vermeulen (Kawasaki) 1'38.4; 13. Tamada (Honda) 1'39.8.

motomatters.com: Misano WSBK Day 1 test times

FWIW: Test times at these events are important to the teams but mean little to the fans. Melandri was fastest but someone had to be and he was it. Compare times between teams at your own risk. Even comparisons between the BMW teams are dubious at best. We don't know the plan for each lap taken. Lacking that you can not understand the true meaning of times. Wednesday times will be worthy of more comparisons but still keeping in mind you don't know the testing purpose of any lap. Badovini posted a P5 and Haslam didn't turn a wheel.

P.S. If BMW had posted the fastest time of the day then everything I just wrote would have changed.

MotoGP

motogp.com: MotoGP to return to Argentina in 2013

teamtech3.fr: Magnificent motorland Aragon awaits Edwards and Crutchlow

teamaspar.net: Hector Barbera ÔÇ£Highly motivatedÔÇØ for third home round at Aragon

visordown.com: Ducati offers for Dovizioso

Formula 1

formula1.com: Formula One fuel and oil ÔÇô F1's top secret tuning aids

reuters.com: Michael to join McLaren as sporting director

Other Racing

girlracer.co.uk: New Formula Ford debuts in Frankfurt

On the Street

cyrilhuzblog.com: Sons of Anarchy season 4

ultimatemotorcycling.com: 2012 Suzuki V-Strom 650 | Quick look

visordown.com: No chance of a VW bike now

41046-S.jpg

FWIW: VW's 19.9% of Suzuki was picked up when GM off-loaded their shares as part of its restructuring before the US auto crisis. Various manufacturers had held shares in Suzuki for marketing and technology development reasons. Suzuki has used the cash infusions to fund various internal plans for auto and motorcycle segments of the company. What to watch for over the next months is who picks up these shares.

FWIW

bbc.co.uk: Azi Farni MotoGP column: Speed, not danger, is real racing

Despite multibillion-dollar investments in cybersecurity, one of its root problems has been largely ignored: who are the people who write malicious code? Underworld investigator Misha Glenny profiles several convicted coders from around the world and reaches a startling conclusion.

<!--copy and paste--><object width="526" height="374"><param name="movie" value="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="bgColor" value="#ffffff"></param><param name="flashvars" value="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2011G/Blank/MishaGlenny_2011G-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/MishaGlenny_2011G-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1221&lang=eng&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=misha_glenny_hire_the_hackers;year=2011;theme=technology_history_and_destiny;theme=bold_predictions_stern_warnings;theme=not_business_as_usual;theme=a_taste_of_tedglobal_2011;theme=new_on_ted_com;event=TEDGlobal+2011;tag=Global+Issues;tag=Technology;tag=computers;tag=crime;tag=internet;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;" /><embed src="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf" pluginspace="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" bgColor="#ffffff" width="526" height="374" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2011G/Blank/MishaGlenny_2011G-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/MishaGlenny_2011G-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1221&lang=eng&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=misha_glenny_hire_the_hackers;year=2011;theme=technology_history_and_destiny;theme=bold_predictions_stern_warnings;theme=not_business_as_usual;theme=a_taste_of_tedglobal_2011;theme=new_on_ted_com;event=TEDGlobal+2011;tag=Global+Issues;tag=Technology;tag=computers;tag=crime;tag=internet;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;"></embed></object>

WEATHER
US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:

CA:

Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey
Before a log trip
Before winter

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

QOD: What should you always remember to do when braking? http://t.co/tD8Ldhq

Bike Candy

SGC-7172-L.jpg

SGC8224-M.jpg

Wednesday, 14 September ÔÇô Part II

The Mothership

BMW UK - New special edition of the legendary adventure-sports bike

P90078495highRes-S.jpg

P90082709highRes-S.jpg

BMW Motorrad Concept e
Munich. Individual mobility is increasingly defined in terms of sustainability. The BMW Group has taken on the challenges of a rapidly changing world and is now developing serial production solutions to meet the mobility needs of the future. As an integrated part of the BMW Group, BMW Motorrad is also addressing issues of individual single-track mobility and future customer needs. In this connection, BMW Motorrad is expanding its business activities to include a new facet: that of "Urban Mobility".

P90082719highRes-S.jpg

P90082723highRes-S.jpg

P90082714highRes-S.jpg
P90082718highRes-S.jpg

P90082727highRes-S.jpg

Husqvarna's Concept e-GO bike for the young riders of the future Husqvarna Concept e-GO. Extreme, light, streamlined. This is Husqvarna's approach to today's electric motorcycling world. Urban commuting for first-time bikers who can have all the attractive features that a Husqvarna machine boasts: an explosive mix of road, off-road and supermotard experiences

P90082881highRes-S.jpg

P90082884highRes-S.jpg

P90082883highRes-S.jpg

P90082885highRes-S.jpg
P90082894highRes-S.jpg
P90082882highRes-S.jpg

Woodcliff Lake, NJ  Tuesday, September 13, 2011 BMW of North America today announced the results of their multicultural and diversity marketing agency review for both BMW and MINI USA.

The BMW Group today published its Sustainable Value Report 2010 at the International Motor Show (IAA) in Frankfurt

Munich. Over the 5 generations since its launch, the BMW 3 Series has enjoyed a most impressive career. This applies to its market success, but also especially to its career in motorsports. During the past 35 years, the 3 Series models with their characteristic compact dimensions, dynamic engines and sporty suspension have contributed considerably towards dynamic performance and the brandÔÇÖs excellent reputation on the racetrack. With such attributes, BMWÔÇÖs midrange model is ideally suited for successful use in motorsports in particular. With its return in 2012 to the DTM, a top motorsport category, BMW intends to replicate its earlier successes with the BMW M3 DTM now currently under development.

P90083104highRes-S.jpg
P90083103highRes-S.jpg
P90008139highRes-S.jpg
P90062046highRes-S.jpg
P90080665highRes-S.jpg

Thursday, 15 September

yf0pa50c3653l-S.jpg

SBK

worldsbk.com: Melandri stays on top

Wednesday's Testing times:
Overall times (unofficial): 1. Melandri (Yamaha) 1'35.8; 2. Checa (Ducati), Laverty (Yamaha) 1'36.0; 4. Badovini (BMW), Lascorz (Kawasaki) 1'36.1 ; 6. Sykes (Kawasaki) 1'36.2; 7. Rea (Honda) 1'36.7; 8. Hofmann (Aprilia) 1'36.9; 9. Martin (BMW) 1'37.1; 10. Xaus (Honda) 1'37.4; 11. Elias (BMW) 1'37.8; 12. Vermeulen (Kawasaki) 1'38.4; 13. Tamada (Honda) 1'38.8.
yamaha-racing.com: Melandri and Laverty complete two successful days testing in Misano

ducati.com: Altea racing concludes two days of testing at Misano

hondaproracing.com: Castrol Honda riders happy after two days testing at Misano

The BMW Motorrad Italia SBK Team has completed its two days of testing on the Misano Adriatico circuit. Ayrton Badovini was preparing for next weekend’s race in Imola. Toni Elias became better acquainted with the SBK.
Misano Adriatico. The BMW Motorrad Italia SBK Team has completed the two days of testing it had scheduled on the Misano Adriatico circuit.

The two riders, Ayrton Badovini and Toni Elias, were working towards different objectives.

Ayrton tested several components, including a new fork, in preparation for the next world championship SBK race, scheduled for the Imola circuit next weekend. He covered a total of about 600 km at a good pace. Ayrton also worked closely with Pirelli on tire testing.

Toni Elias’s objective was to get to know the SBK, and so his program was quite different. His first day of testing was devoted to assuming a correct position on the seat and to an understanding of adjustments to the motorcycle. On the second day, he was able to lap for a few hours in order to gain confidence with both the bike and the tires.

At the close of the tests, Serafino Foti, Sports Director for the BMW Motorrad Italia Team, made the following comments: “Overall, we are very satisfied with these tests. Ayrton worked with two objectives in mind: on the one hand, the upcoming race in Imola, and on the other tire tests in collaboration with Pirelli.

“In view of Imola, Ayrton and the Team have done some fine work. We tested a new fork and a few other new details; but most of all we have found a good balance for the race.

“Ayrton was fast, maintaining a good pace during the tests and completing about 150 laps, which allowed us to gather a lot of useful information.

“The aims were different for Toni, who was testing with the sole objective of becoming as familiar as possible with the SBK. But a day and a half is certainly not a lot of time to get to know a motorcycle. In the meantime, we did gather a lot of information from him as well. At the end of the morning Toni left to rejoin his Team for the MotoGP race this weekend. I would like to express my personal thanks to Toni for his willingness to participate and also to the LCR Team.”

motomatters.com: Misano Wsbk day 2

We have a bit of insight into the plans that BMW Motorrad Team Italia had for the two days of test. Badovini improved to within 0.3 seconds of Milandri's time while Elias remained a full 2.0 seconds off the lead pace. Incremental improvement for the now lead diver that shows he is steadily improving along with the Italian team iteration of the S 1000 RR. Elias' times are decent. He no doubt rode with orders from LCR and BMW that limited what he did on his RR. Was this just an audition or did he walk away with an offer to consider on his way to Aragon? Time will tell.

bettor.com: Tome Sykes reveals he might continue with Kawasaki factory team in the championship

worldsbk.com: Supersonic to retire at end of season.

MotoGP

motogp.com: Aragon Motoland racing numbers

motogp.com: MotoGP World Championship calendar [tentative] released

29 July, United States* - Laguna Seca
19 August, Indianapolis – Indianapolis
*MotoGP class only

hondaproracing.com: Stoner and Pedrosa hope to repeat at Aragon

ducati.com: Ducati Team to focus work on Desmosedici at Aragon

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Wz_shuqwOcg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Formula 1

bbc.co.uk: Ferrari turn focus to 2012

formula1.com: Ross Brawn Q&A: 2012 already our top priority

mercedes-gp.com: The dust settles – Monza race debrief

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JkQ1Bn8gp-c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

eurosport.com: Renault wants to supply more teams

Other Racing

BMW Team RLL : Laguna Seca Preview
Woodcliff Lake, N.J. – September 14, 2011… With seven of nine races totaling more than 26 hours of hard fought competition in this season’s 2011 American Le Mans Series now complete, BMW Team RLL heads to Laguna Seca Raceway for this weekend’s American Le Mans Monterey six-hour sports car race. The team won the first three events and has finished on the podium in every race thereafter to lead all GT championships, but the defense of its 2010 Manufacturer and Team titles begins in earnest at the classic Northern California 2.238-mile, 11-turn road course and the penultimate round of the championship.

Successful test at the Lausitzring for BMW Motorsport
BMW Motorsport completed two productive days of testing at the Lausitzring with three newly developed BMW M3 DTM cars. BMW works drivers Andy Priaulx (GB), Augusto Farfus (BR), J?Ârg M??ller (DE) and Dirk M??ller (DE) were all in action on Monday and Tuesday at the first joint test for all manufacturers represented in the 2012 DTM season, gaining more valuable experience with the car and making another step towards the DTM comeback of BMW next year.

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/J1aDI2_mkdI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On the Street

acem.eu: EU motorcycle registrations down 6% the first semester of 2011.

motorcyclisonline.com: Do you really know where your bike was built?

webbikeworld.com: Trial Tech Equinox Lights – Review
Decent light output but some issues with water resistance.

motorcyclenews.com: Staff bikes: BMW K1600GT – turning up the volume

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uTX9qJ3s89M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

found on craigslist: BMW cafe racer rat

The Mothership

facebook: BMW Classic – The BMW 328 is 75 years old

The BMW Group achieved its best performance ever in the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) ranking which was published today. In the CDP Global 500 ranking, the BMW Group is the number one automotive manufacturer and ranks in the Top 10 of all participating international companies. Scoring 96 out of a possible 100 points, the company is listed in both the Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index (CDLI) and the Carbon Performance Leadership Index (CPLI).

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p4ybY6yqr7o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EASENP0Qp2E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wg7HSJWXOwk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U9YVRBiGDu4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FWIW

Cage World

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/G8RnKAI0ulo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-J09cX0_Vz8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QzOiIRz5-mc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WEATHER
US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:

CA:

Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey…
Before a log trip…
Before winter…

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

QOD: If you must stop quickly while turning or riding a curve, it is best to do what? http://t.co/hd73Ky8

Bike Candy

Ottonero Cafe Racer: Honda Goldwing Bol D'Or

“This special frame 1000 goldwing photographed in a French event really participated in 70 years to the Bol d'Or ... ... the results however I am still unknown”

P3220139-M.jpg

P3220137-M.jpg

P3220138-M.jpg

P3220136-M.jpg

P3220142-M.jpg

P3220141-M.jpg

P3220140-M.jpg

Friday, 16 September

yf0pa50c3653l-S.jpg

SBK

worldsbk.com: Yoshimura Suzuki back on the WSBK scene

worldsbk.com: Rea pushes the fast forward button

bikesportnews.com: Laverty uncovers new front end setup at Misano

MotoGP

motomatters.com: Ducati to debut aluminium chassis at Aragon

bbc.co.uk: Rossi confirmed for Japan

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TrNPcZBSZiY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Formula 1

bbc.co.uk: Mark Webber column ÔÇô Schumacher pushed the limits

Other reports say LRGP will give Kubica all the seat time he needs to recover and return...but...
speedtv.com and its sources ask if Petrov and Kubica could be snubbed by LRGP in 2012.

Other Racing

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/43aCKbQCLiQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On the Street

motorcyclnews.com: Triumph TIGER 800 gets supermoto treatment

motorcyclistonline.com: Naked bikes ÔÇô Fashion police

thekneeslider.com: grabCAD ÔÇô A mechanical engineering community

ultimatemotorcycling.com: AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days 2012 dates

visordown.com; Tips for saving miles per gallon

visordown.com: D'you cover your front brake with a finger?

webbikeworld.com: BMW Concept e scooter

motorcyclistonline.com: Zero Motorcycles demonstrates its electric motorcycle technology to U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6whRmlzKyak" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W5mP_v2dryA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0b4Rp-_F-6o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0Hh-jkfL65A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Mothership

patent application: Motorcycle seat Bench

A motorcycle seat is provided, the seat being aligned in the longitudinal direction of the motorcycle and having a spring-damper system under the seat surface that absorbs and reduces impacts and vibrations of the motorcycle on the rider or passenger. The seat may include regulating/control electronics that adjust the damper of the spring-damper system to the present riding situation in conjunction with a sensor placed near the front wheel. The spring-damper system is arranged between a seat top plate and a seat floor plate or in the level of one of the two seat plates.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WslMac9LR6o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FWIW

Spy photo of secret track testing of a new GS rally event.

surf.jpg

<!--copy and paste--><object width="526" height="374"><param name="movie" value="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="bgColor" value="#ffffff"></param><param name="flashvars" value="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2011X/Blank/RichardResnick_2011X-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/RichardResnick_2011X-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1223&lang=eng&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=richard_resnick_welcome_to_the_genomic_revolution;year=2011;theme=medicine_without_borders;theme=a_taste_of_tedx;theme=new_on_ted_com;event=TEDxBoston+2011;tag=Science;tag=Technology;tag=biotech;tag=dna;tag=health+care;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;" /><embed src="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf" pluginspace="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" bgColor="#ffffff" width="526" height="374" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2011X/Blank/RichardResnick_2011X-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/RichardResnick_2011X-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1223&lang=eng&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=richard_resnick_welcome_to_the_genomic_revolution;year=2011;theme=medicine_without_borders;theme=a_taste_of_tedx;theme=new_on_ted_com;event=TEDxBoston+2011;tag=Science;tag=Technology;tag=biotech;tag=dna;tag=health+care;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;"></embed></object>

Cage World

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eSXs2iL1bJ0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tumblrlqt82bWqv51qg5fflo11280-S.jpg

There appears to be a good deal of camber in the front suspension.

WEATHER
US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:

CA:

Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey
Before a log trip
Before winter

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

TIP: A skilled rider is a decisive rider. Once you've adequately evaluated a situation and decided on a course of action, execute it.

QOD: How are motorcycle gloves different from regular gloves? http://t.co/Effl8OaD

Bike Candy

From Le Container. I may have posted this before but I like the image so here it is.

tumblrl39e6iWhs61qau50i.jpg

Saturday, 17 September

yf0pa50c3653l-S.jpg

SBK

worldsbk.com: Points leader Checa in the testing mix

worldsbk.com: Biaggi struggles to get fit for Imola

roadracingworld.com: Update: World Superbike technical regulations changed

crash.net: Melandri Laverty pleased with strong test

MotoGP

Friday:
bbc.co.uk: Power cut cancels practice

motomatters.com: 2011 Aragon MotoGP Friday roundup ÔÇô Events the one thing you can't plan for

Saturday Morning:
motogp.com: Stoner leads the way at Aragon

Qualifying:
motogp.com: Stoner seals pole

1 27 Casey STONER AUS Repsol Honda Team HONDA 1'48.451 19 20 320.3
2 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team HONDA 1'48.747 21 22 0.296 0.296 318.1
3 11 Ben SPIES USA Yamaha Factory Racing YAMAHA 1'49.155 23 24 0.704 0.408 311.9
4 1 Jorge LORENZO SPA Yamaha Factory Racing YAMAHA 1'49.270 21 21 0.819 0.115 313.2
5 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team HONDA 1'49.372 25 26 0.921 0.102 317.7
6 58 Marco SIMONCELLI ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini HONDA 1'49.528 20 24 1.077 0.156 314.2
7 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team DUCATI 1'49.752 21 24 1.301 0.224 316.7
8 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Cardion AB Motoracing DUCATI 1'49.777 25 26 1.326 0.025 316.3
9 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini HONDA 1'49.813 24 24 1.362 0.036 317.8
10 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA Pramac Racing Team DUCATI 1'49.826 14 26 1.375 0.013 313.9
11 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP SUZUKI 1'49.883 26 26 1.432 0.057 320.3
12 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 YAMAHA 1'49.893 24 25 1.442 0.010 310.5
13 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Ducati Team DUCATI 1'49.960 18 22 1.509 0.067 315.5
14 8 Hector BARBERA SPA Mapfre Aspar Team MotoGP DUCATI 1'49.976 24 25 1.525 0.016 321.0
15 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 YAMAHA 1'50.105 20 22 1.654 0.129 310.8
16 65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Pramac Racing Team DUCATI 1'50.752 21 23 2.301 0.647 313.6
17 24 Toni ELIAS SPA LCR Honda MotoGP HONDA 1'51.073 25 26 2.622 0.321 317.6

Formula 1

Singapore Grand Prix Preview
LoutusRenaultgp.com
McLaren.com
Sauberf1team.com

autosport.com: How F1 is going headfirst on safety

speedtv.com: 'Mercedes not big enough to win' says Nico Rosberg

Other Racing

On the Street

deccanchronicale.com: Motorcycle Diaries ÔÇô Chris Phiffer's India tour

visordown.com: Husqvarna Nuda 900S joins 900R

wired.com: Boldly e-going where no Husky has e-gone before

motorcyclenews.com: Guzzi to build new engine and a new Madello factory too

omaha.com: Motorcycle deaths up in Nebraska

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KaOlXKbRnyI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XmEwKvioHoY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FWIW

<!--copy and paste--><object width="526" height="374"><param name="movie" value="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="bgColor" value="#ffffff"></param><param name="flashvars" value="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2010W/Blank/LaurenZalaznick_2010W-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/LaurenZalaznick_2010W-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1224&lang=eng&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=lauren_zalaznick;year=2010;theme=celebrating_tedwomen;theme=presentation_innovation;theme=women_reshaping_the_world;theme=media_that_matters;theme=new_on_ted_com;event=TEDWomen;tag=Culture;tag=Entertainment;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;" /><embed src="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf" pluginspace="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" bgColor="#ffffff" width="526" height="374" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2010W/Blank/LaurenZalaznick_2010W-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/LaurenZalaznick_2010W-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1224&lang=eng&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=lauren_zalaznick;year=2010;theme=celebrating_tedwomen;theme=presentation_innovation;theme=women_reshaping_the_world;theme=media_that_matters;theme=new_on_ted_com;event=TEDWomen;tag=Culture;tag=Entertainment;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;"></embed></object>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LF87DCgOoZY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6MMkiq8Kxis" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cage World

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hsfeKaFpt6w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WEATHER
US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:

CA:

Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey
Before a log trip
Before winter

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

TIP: Tell passengers not to put their feet down when you come to a stop. P.50 http://t.co/jfDAORhW

QOD: Motorcycle passengers should always do what while riding? http://t.co/6aJaAnG2

Bike Candy

cyrilhuzbleog.com: Royal Enfield Himalayan outlaw

and this

PICT0010-oncr-M.jpg

Sunday, 18 September

yf0pa50c3653l-S.jpg

SBK

MotoGP

hondaproracing.com: Honda men dominate qualifying

bikesportnews.com: Simoncelli held up by Pedrosa

gresiniracing.com: Second and third row starts for Simoncelli and Aoyama

speddtv.com: Spies says no team orders

suzuki-racing: Work to do for Bautista

teamaspar.net: Hector hopes for strong showing despite qualifying struggles

teamtech3.fr: Crutchlow aims for top 10 at Motoland Aragon

ducati.com: Hayden seventh in Aragon qualifying, fall affects Rossi

motomatters.com: Engine rule claims first victim ÔÇô Rossi to start from the pits

Sunday Race

motogp.com: Stoner warms up fast at Aragon

bbc.co.uk: Stoner extends champioship lead at Aragon

1 25 27 Casey STONER AUS Repsol Honda Team HONDA 42'17.427 165.702

2 20 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team HONDA 42'25.589 165.171 8.162

3 16 1 Jorge LORENZO SPA Yamaha Factory Racing YAMAHA 42'31.636 164.779

4 13 58 Marco SIMONCELLI ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini HONDA 42'38.073 164.365 20.646

5 11 11 Ben SPIES USA Yamaha Factory Racing YAMAHA 42'45.166 163.910 27.739

6 10 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP SUZUKI 42'47.800 163.742 30.373

7 9 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team DUCATI 42'51.715 163.493 34.288

8 8 8 Hector BARBERA SPA Mapfre Aspar Team MotoGP DUCATI 42'54.732 163.301 37.305

9 7 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 YAMAHA 42'57.079 163.153 39.652

10 6 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Ducati Team DUCATI 42'57.259 163.141 39.832

11 5 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini HONDA 42'57.424 163.131 39.997

12 4 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA Pramac Racing Team DUCATI 43'12.144 162.204 54.717

13 3 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 YAMAHA 43'15.857 161.972 58.430

Not Classified
24 Toni ELIAS SPA LCR Honda MotoGP HONDA 28'12.276 162.037 8 laps
65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Pramac Racing Team DUCATI 28'12.364 162.028 8 laps
4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team HONDA
17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Cardion AB Motoracing DUCATI

Championship Standings

1 Casey STONER Honda AUS 284
2 Jorge LORENZO Yamaha SPA 240
3 Andrea DOVIZIOSO Honda ITA 185
4 Dani PEDROSA Honda SPA 170
5 Ben SPIES Yamaha USA 146
6 Valentino ROSSI Ducati ITA 139
7 Nicky HAYDEN Ducati USA 114
8 Marco SIMONCELLI Honda ITA 106
9 Colin EDWARDS Yamaha USA 90
10 Hiroshi AOYAMA Honda JPN 87
11 Hector BARBERA Ducati SPA 77
12 Alvaro BAUTISTA Suzuki SPA 67
13 Cal CRUTCHLOW Yamaha GBR 52
14 Karel ABRAHAM Ducati CZE 50
15 Toni ELIAS Honda SPA 47
16 Randy DE PUNIET Ducati FRA 33
17 Loris CAPIROSSI Ducati ITA 29
18 John HOPKINS Suzuki USA 6
19 Kousuke AKIYOSHI Honda JPN 3

Formula 1

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LMRBuRYLUEM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PNSJaJ4gvGc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Other Racing

fim.-live.com: Team USA rules qualifying
The 65th edition of the Monster Energy FIM Motocross of Nations started today [Saturday] in the hard pack of Saint Jean dÔÇÖAngely with the three qualifying races. Team USA dominated completely the three heats and they will be the first ones to choose the starting gate tomorrow for the main event.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fAR-gpoPrqg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On the Street

webbikeworld.com: AGV Miglia 2 ÔÇô review

cyrilhuzeblog.com: Fast motorcycle industry news

WEATHER
US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:

CA:

Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey
Before a log trip
Before winter

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

TIP: Check your engine oil level when your engine is warm, bike on center stand on level ground. http://t.co/FyUxd9Ah

QOD: If you wait one hour for each drink before riding, which of the following is true? http://t.co/urKKBvBt

Bike Candy

girlracer.com: Race historic Ducati racer to go up for auction

gw160911ducati.jpg

Tuesday, 20 September

yf0pa50c3653l-S.jpg

SBK

worldsbk.com: Fores to race for BMW Italia in final three WSBK rounds

worldsbk.com: Melandri ready for final push towards Checa

suzuki-racing.com: Fabrizio fired up for Imola

BMW Motorrad Motorsport - WSBK - Imola - Preview
Italy – Imola.
Preview.
23 – 25 September 2011
11 of 13 race weekends
Munich/Stephanskirchen, 19th September 2011. This weekend (23rd to 25th September), Team BMW Motorrad Motorsport travels to the iconic „Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari“ in Imola (ITA). This is the venue for the eleventh of thirteen rounds in the 2011 FIM Superbike World Championship. At the beginning of the month, the team demonstrated the potential of the BMW S 1000 RR in both wet and dry conditions at its home race at the N??rburgring (GER). The two factory riders Leon Haslam (GBR) and Troy Corser (AUS) are now determined to back that performance up as they return to Italy for the third time this year.
After ten of the 2011 race weekends, Leon is fifth in the Riders’ Championship on 176 points, while Troy is fifteenth on 67. Between the two of them, they have scored 243 points for Team BMW Motorrad Motorsport this season. In the Constructors’ Championship, towards which only the best result at each race counts, BMW currently lies in fourth place with 214 points.
Following the race weekend at the N??rburgring, BMW Motorrad and Leon agreed to continue working together into the 2012 season. The second factory rider for the coming season will be announced at a later date.
Leon Haslam:
„I am really excited that we can continue working together next season and am very happy that I can have one more year with BMW Motorrad. With the changes we made this year, along with the changes we are making for next year, we are really excited about next season. For now, however, we focus on the last three rounds of this year.
I am looking forward to Imola. We have made good progress with the bike and it is one of my favourite circuits. I really enjoy racing there and the atmosphere is always fantastic. The track is very bumpy and very undulating. You really need to have your bike set up properly, as the circuit is very demanding with different tarmac in places and a lot of changes of direction.”
*Troy Corser:
„The track is very bumpy in places. It has four different surfaces around it where they resurfaced some parts of the circuit. It is very fast, particularly through the back part, which is known as ‘Acque Minerale’. It is important that the bike turns very well on the throttle on the crests coming over the hill and I think this is the case with our bike and engine. The brakes also play a big part there. They help to make the bike more stable.
I am confident that we can get a good result with our bike. If we can get everything sorted out for Superpole and qualify in the front or second row, I hope we can get some podiums during the run in at the end of the season.”
Bernhard Gobmeier, BMW Motorrad Motorsport Director:
„The last race weekend at the N??rburgring showed that we are definitely on the right track. Leon was able to clock very good lap times in both wet and dry conditions. Towards the end of the race he was one of the fastest out there. Unfortunately he crashed out, otherwise there were definitely podium finishes in it – maybe even more. For that reason, what we saw at our home race puts us in a very positive frame of mind ahead of the run in.”
Background:
Imola is located in the Northern Italian region of Emilia-Romagna, about 40 kilometres south-east of Bologna. The town has a population of about 69,000. Motorsport has played an important role there since the 1940s. The first races in and around Imola were held on public roads. The foundations for the first racetrack were laid in 1950 and it was opened in 1952.
The circuit was originally called the „Autodromo Dino Ferrari“, named after Enzo Ferrari’s son, who died at an early age. When Enzo Ferrari died in 1988, it was renamed the „Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari“. The Motorcycle World Championship held its first race in Imola on 7th September 1967, while the FIM Superbike World Championship made its debut in Emilia-Romagna in 2001. In 2011 the series returns to Imola for the ninth time.
Following the deadly crashes that took the lives of Formula One drivers Ayrton Senna (BRA) and Roland Ratzenberger (AUT), the circuit was modified in 1994. The site was then the subject of extensive renovations in 2006, during which it was modified to meet the latest safety standards. What used to be the final chicane – the „Variante Bassa“ – was completely rebuilt. A long straight which veers slightly to the right now runs between „Rivazza“ and the „Tamburello“ corner. The layout of the circuit, which is negotiated in an anti-clockwise direction, is not the only thing to have been changed. A new pit lane building was erected, as well as a media centre and tower, which houses the race management team.
Imola is a real challenge for motorcycles, and not just as a result of the many bumps that are characteristic of this circuit. Imola also features several chicanes, the first of which comes straight after the start-finish straight. For this reason, the bike must be excellent when it comes to braking, steering into corners, and accelerating out of bends. Stability is also important, as almost every chicane is lined with kerbs, which unsettle the bike as the riders cut over them. At the same time, overtaking is very difficult in Imola. The rider must be very aggressive if he wants to move through the field during the race. *

MotoGP

motogp.com: Faultless race for winning Stoner

fim-live.com: “A perfect bike” Stoner

hondaproracing.com: Stoner conquers Repsol Honda's 100th win

gresiniracing.com: Determined ride seals fourth for Simoncelli

bikesportnews.com: No grip no confidence for Spies
-related-
speedtv.com: Spie's Cary ride

ducati.com: Challenging weekend for the Ducati Team at Aragon

rizla-suzuki-motogp.co.uk: Bautista battles to an exciting sixth at his home Grand Prix

teamaspar.net: Hector Barbera takes excellent eighth at Aragon

teamtech3.fr: Top 10 for battling Crutchlow at Motorland

bbc.co.uk: Bradley Smith signs MotoGP deal for 2013 and 2014 {MonsterTechIII]

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cMMwNKkHPd8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Formula 1

attwilliams.com: Singapore preview

lotusrenaultgp.com: Singapore Grand Prix preview

mercedes-gp.com: Singapore preview

lotusrenaultgp.com: Lotus Renault GP granted planning permission for simulator

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8jT7A49Aisg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/45i9oTQ4BrE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

: Heidfeld still pushing for F1 seat in 2012

Other Racing

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3-QxqwAb0zw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On the Street

[url=http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/chopper-lounge/91381-bmw-s1000-rr.html ]clubchopper.com
: Bought a new bike. Its not a chopper, but its tons of fun

speedtv.com: 2011 Suzuki GSX1250FA first ride

motorcycle-usa.com: 2011 BMW R1200GS comparison

thekneeslider.com: Huge market but tiny sales – the uphill road for Harley-Davidson in China

indiancarsbikes.in; A Volkswagen hostile take over of Suzuki – Possible says Volkswagen senior manager

cyrilhuzblog.com: Zero Engineering launches the Type 9 Model with exclusive rear multi-link suspension system

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/V1CuAWrZBVs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZL4DAwCvTqM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wxOxTdleomU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Xn1GWpGgFa8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Mothership

Sepecifications BMW Motorrad model range 2011

BMW Motorrad factory rider Troy Corsedr enjoys the “Wies'n”
Munich, 19th September 2011. Various stars representing a diverse range of sports on Monday visited the BMW Group’s “Wies’n-Sport-Stammtisch” at the world’s largest and best-known public festival, the Munich Oktoberfest. At the fun-filled ‘Wies’n-Ausflug’, motorsport’s various genres were represented by BMW Motorrad Superbike rider Troy Corser, MINI WRC Team rally driver Kris Meeke, BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt, and BMW DTM drivers Andy Priaulx and Augusto Farfus.

The BMW 1500: Milestone in automotive history

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dinTYwjjbUA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FWIW

<!--copy and paste--><object width="526" height="374"><param name="movie" value="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="bgColor" value="#ffffff"></param><param name="flashvars" value="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2011G/Blank/NiallFerguson_2011G-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/NiallFerguson_2011G-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1226&lang=eng&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=niall_ferguson_the_6_killer_apps_of_prosperity;year=2011;theme=a_taste_of_tedglobal_2011;theme=new_on_ted_com;theme=technology_history_and_destiny;theme=rethinking_poverty;event=TEDGlobal+2011;tag=Business;tag=Culture;tag=Global+Issues;tag=economics;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;" /><embed src="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf" pluginspace="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" bgColor="#ffffff" width="526" height="374" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2011G/Blank/NiallFerguson_2011G-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/NiallFerguson_2011G-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1226&lang=eng&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=niall_ferguson_the_6_killer_apps_of_prosperity;year=2011;theme=a_taste_of_tedglobal_2011;theme=new_on_ted_com;theme=technology_history_and_destiny;theme=rethinking_poverty;event=TEDGlobal+2011;tag=Business;tag=Culture;tag=Global+Issues;tag=economics;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;"></embed></object>

Cage World

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aiq9rLw11I4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reference:: [snipped today due to length of post]

TIP: Keeping some traction in reserve is very important when cornering, braking and swerving. http://dld.bz/dsGR

QOD: Which of the following is a standard motorcycle control? http://t.co/O2KQrUnl

Bike Candy

PannoniaTLF250-kosz1-oncr-M.jpg

PannoniaTLF250-kosz2-oncr-M.jpg

PannoniaTLF250-kosz3-oncr-M.jpg

Wednesday, 21 September

yf0pa50c3653l-S.jpg

SBK

worldsbk.com: World Superbike heads to Imola with title there for the taking

worldsbk.com: Haslam looking for podiums again

hondaproracing.com: New technology for Castrol Honda at Imola

speedweek.de: Haslam ÔÇô We have made progress

BMW MOTORRAD ITALIA SUPERBIKE TEAM - IMOLA ÔÇô PREVIEW

Ayrton Badovini*arrives at*Imola*motivated*by*last week's test at Misano Adriatico.*Spanish rider* Xavi*Fores*will make his Superbike debut,*replacing*James*Toseland*for*the last three races of the Championship.*With the end of the season in sight, the race at*Imola*will be very important for* Zanetti*and* Barrier.

Next Sunday the World Superbike Championship will make a stop*at*the international circuit Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari in Imola for the eleventh round of the 2011 season. Ayrton*Badovini*won the FIM*Superstock*Cup race*at*Imola*in 2010 in a season*that saw him triumph with BMW. Next Sunday*Badovini*will*start the*first*Superbike race*from*ninth place in the*World Championship*provisional standings. Ayrton will use his home advantage to try to improve*his*ranking as the two riders that precede*him*are just a few points*ahead.

Xavi*Fores, the 25 year old Spaniard makes his Superbike debut*on the BMW S1000RR after James Toseland retired from competition following the accident in private testing*at*Motorland*Aragon. Xavi Fores raced in Spain*on*the S 1000 RR, where last year he won the Superstock Championship Extreme. Xavi has already raced at Imola with Supersport in 2005 (withdrawn) and Superstock in 2009 (ninth).

For the* Superstock*team*this*race*will be very important, because Lorenzo*Zanetti*will*try to*prevent*Davide*Giugliano, provisional leader of the FIM Cup,*from*earning*more points*than*him in order to keep the title battle open to the end of the season.* Sylvain Barrier, out of contention for the title, can*work as part of the*team and aim for podium*finishes.

Serafino Foti, sporting director of* BMW Motorrad Italia Superbike team *before*leaving for*Imola*said: "We are approaching the race at Imola with confidence as the test at Misano, with Ayrton, went pretty well, so we hope to*put in*a good performance. Fores was chosen because*he*is familiar with the*bike, which*he*competed*on*last year and won the Superstock Championship Extreme in Spain, and he has good international experience. In*Superstock*we*will*work hard to try to*reduce the gap to the leader. "
Superbike*Standings: 1?? C. Checa (Ducati) p. 376 - 2?? M. Melandri (Yamaha) p. 302 - 3?? M. Biaggi (Aprilia) p. 281 - ...9??* A. Badovini (BMW)* p. 134 ...22??* J. Toseland (BMW) *p. 13 - 23??* L. Lanzi (BMW) *p. 10...27??* B. Veneman (BMW) *p. 3.
FIM Cup* Superstock: 1?? D. Giugliano (Ducati) p. 140 - 2??* L. Zanetti (BMW) *p. 117 - 3?? D. Petrucci (Ducati) p. 94 - 4??* S. Barrier (BMW)*p. 85 - 5?? N. Canepa (Ducati) p. 80.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/36mkDOejwpk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MotoGP

motogp.com: Aragon debrief with Masao Azuma

FIM MotoGP 2011 video ÔÇô Motorland Aragon

motomatters.com: Bridgestone ÔÇô Maso Azuma talks tire degradation at Aragon

fim-live.com: Injured Capirossi a doubt for Japan

bikesportnews.com: Rossi to test Deltabox style frame at Jerez later this week

autosport.com: Why Ducati isn't winning anymore

Formula 1

fia.com[//url]: Singapore Grand Prix ÔÇô Preview

[url=http://www.formula1.com/news/features/2011/9/12542.html]formula1.com
: Game changer ÔÇô Singapore and the safety car

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zCkyofaFTH8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FEsG6IJbgB4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LbSTByJ3oBc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Other Racing

visordown.com: KTM win German superbikes, WSB next?

ultimatemotocycling.com: 24 Hours of Le Mans ÔÇô EWC preview

moto-station.com: 24 Hours of Le Mans ÔÇô Le Certe in trouble

On the Street

A thread over on www.1000rr.net/forums started with a question about the comparison of an RR with a CBR. Finally in 1000rr.net/forum: Post # 53 ÔÇ£Seeing as I've had my '09 Blade for 13,000 miles, and my S1000RR for 7,000 miles, my experience with the 2 bikes might be of interest to some.ÔÇØ ...more

speedweek.de; Troy Corser in lederhosen

webbikeworld.com: Motorcycle battery charger ÔÇô CTEK ÔÇô Review

cyrilhuzblog.com: Harley-Davidson in China. Did you know?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lXMEoPl-2so" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XwF-FYTfowU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Iq25G6da2mc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FWIW

<!--copy and paste--><object width="526" height="374"><param name="movie" value="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="bgColor" value="#ffffff"></param><param name="flashvars" value="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2011X/Blank/ErezLiebermanAiden_2011X-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/ErezLiebermanAiden_2011X-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1227&lang=eng&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=what_we_learned_from_5_million_books;year=2011;theme=words_about_words;theme=new_on_ted_com;theme=a_taste_of_tedx;event=TEDxBoston+2011;tag=Design;tag=Google;tag=Technology;tag=data;tag=library;tag=visualizations;tag=writing;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;" /><embed src="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf" pluginspace="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" bgColor="#ffffff" width="526" height="374" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2011X/Blank/ErezLiebermanAiden_2011X-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/ErezLiebermanAiden_2011X-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1227&lang=eng&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=what_we_learned_from_5_million_books;year=2011;theme=words_about_words;theme=new_on_ted_com;theme=a_taste_of_tedx;event=TEDxBoston+2011;tag=Design;tag=Google;tag=Technology;tag=data;tag=library;tag=visualizations;tag=writing;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;"></embed></object>

Set in the Ducati MotoGP paddock the picture and the resulting blog and article in Gpone.com are about so much more. Motorcycles are incredibly powerful yet the imagination and camera can combine to generate even more.

Cage World

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4c_aR_pSNq4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nZCKFQ5L8mA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4jOQFMlpdVI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WEATHER
US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:

CA:

Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey
Before a log trip
Before winter

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

TIP: Passengers should always straddle the bike with their feet securely planted on the footrests. P.50 http://t.co/jfDAORhW

QOD: If youÔÇÖre being followed closely, which of the following is a good idea? http://t.co/u372lyMP

Bike Candy

58924e4c85365db7large-L.jpg

Sorry, no details. The photo is unattributed.

Back