• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Bench Racing & The Morning Reads

I am pleased you enjoyed the story.

I am jealous! I read a bit about them and found the links. If I could I would they sounded as if they would do wonders for handling and your feed back confirms that.

And they are on my bike, which looks a lot like that bike on the cover of the December 2010 ON! I wouldn't trade it for anything right now.

Wednesday, 8 December

1068822555_hJC5U-Th.jpg
Members with Birthdays Today

SBK

worldsbk.com: Haslam needs to win
I think he is not the only one who needs to win this year.

MotoGP

racer.com: Tag Heuer signs MotoGP time keeper deal

roadracerx.com: Tuesday conversation – Colin Edwards

Formula 1

dailymail.co.uk: Nelson Piquet Jnr and Snr win Renault High Court libel case after ‘crashgate’ controversy

dialymail.co.uk: Ecclestone hires former O2 Arenea chief

Other Racing

londonbikers.com: 2010 BMW Sports Trophy goes to Sweden

bmwgroup.com:BMW Team RLR to Defend GT Titles in 2011 American Le Mans Series

On the Street

So how did Knary loose the commission to paint a Ducati mural to Guenevere Schwien?

Bikes in the Fast Lane: International Female Ride Day 2011 Scheduled – [May 6]

Back to the Carole Nash Motorcycle Show

Day 7
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VMH6o1juZ3M?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VMH6o1juZ3M?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Day 8

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-h9uUnzODvA?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-h9uUnzODvA?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Day 9
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p-x2i30ShAs?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p-x2i30ShAs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

motorcyclistonline.com: What not to do in a motorcycle slide

The recommendation to get a small dirt bike could lead you in this direction.
motorcycle.com: 2011 Yamaha WR250R review

motorcyclistonline.com: MC tested – BMW Streetguard 3 Jacket and Pants

technologyreview.com: Google unveils first Chrome OS computer – the Cr-48

Woot of the Day

Bike Candy

The only Ferrari motorcycle is up for sale.

1118610522_8SYtq-O.jpg

RareSportBikes forSale.com – More pictures and information

The article with the sale pictures hints at a lot of things. Back in November The Vintagent did a nice piece on Scuderia Ferrari Motorcycles and Enzo Ferrari’s love for motorcycles.

Last edited:
Thursday, 9 December

1068822555_hJC5U-Th.jpg

MotoGP

speedweek.de: Ducati could expand its track presence from six to seven in 2012 with the return of the litre bike.

Formula 1

reuters.com Webber defends silence over shoulder break

jamesallenonf1.com: Group Lotus confirms buy-in to Renault F1 team

telegraph.co.uk: Lotus v Lotus – battle begins over iconic name as British car manufacturer announces return to F1

Other Racing

roadracerx.com: AMA Pro announces preliminary 2011 road racing schedule
March 10 – 12, 2011 Daytona International Speedway
May 13 – 15, 2011 Infineon Raceway
May 28 – 30, 2011 Miller Motorsports Park
June 3 – 5, 2011 Road America
TBD
July 8 – 10, 2011 Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
July 22 – 24, 2011 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
August 12 – 14, 2011 Virginia International Raceway/TBD
September 2 – 4, 2011 New Jersey Motorsports Park
thechicane.com: Anyone want to build a Nurburgring?

BMW Group PressClub United Kingdom: BMW Motorrad GS Trophy 2010. Reflections on a great adventure

On the Street

dealernews.com: Kawasaki teams with Costco for trial sales program

RUMOR: ducatinewstoday.com: AMG to buy Ducati

motorcycle.com: 2011 Honda CBR250R review

bmw-motorrad.co.za: Ten minutes with Ted Simon

Bike EXIF has a great write up to go along with its wonderful pictures about a barn find. This one is a privateer racer 1928 Moto Guzzi. Corsa 2V

allaboutbikes.com: More on the H-D Federal loan

motorcyclistonline.com: Black Dog Cycle Works announces new skid plate for BMW R1200GS/GSA

stayontheblack.com: Kyle Nakiewicz – BMW Blade 8 technology packed helmet concept

thekneeslider.com: No future motorcycles will carry the Buell name

The Mothership

bmwgroup.com: BMW Group reports strongest sales growth so far this year
BMW Motorrad
With year-on-year sales growth of 7.8%, BMW Motorrad continued on its stable growth course in November, and for the eleventh consecutive month retail volumes were higher. A total of 5,930 motorcycles were sold – 427 more than in November 2009. In the year to the end of November 2010, 94,283 BMW motorcycles (prev. yr. 81,946 units) were delivered to customers worldwide – an increase of 15.1%. Thanks to its positive sales performance in a persistently difficult overall market that has shrunk by 11% since the start of the year, BMW Motorrad was able to expand its global market share of the relevant segment above 500cc.

BMW Group sales in / up to November 2010 at a glance
In November 2010 Comp. to previous year Up to/incl. November 2010 Comp. to previous year
BMW Group Automobiles 129,014 +19.8% 1,319,827 +13.5%
BMW 108,187 +19.7% 1,108,715 +15.0%
MINI 20,552 +19.3% 208,830 +5.4%
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars 275 +164.4% 2,282 +259.4%
BMW Motorcycles 5,930 +7.8% 94,283 +15.1%

Kesako: BMW Motorrad Operation /\ Brilliant
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GR_vDq2iXJ4?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GR_vDq2iXJ4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

FWIW

Rizla Suzuki’s RSS feed had a headline - How to pack up a MotoGP pit garage. The article is a quick read; then click through to their time laps video of packing the team up.

The logistics of racing teams have fascinated me almost as much as racing. My first hands on experience was as the ‘head roadie’ (we didn’t have a team manager or logistics head) for a sports car team after we showed up at a race without a drive shaft for our Midget. We had taken it out of the car because, unable to afford a trailer, we were towing the car to the race on its own wheels.

In 1983 and 84 I spent much of the Sunday AMA Superbike races hanging out in the Kawasaki pit area talking with the crew as they packed up for the next race while the current race was going full tilt on the track. Taking advantage of the pit pass offered for a few bucks in addition to the race weekend ticket I had spent a great deal of the weekend looking at the travel setups various teams in all classes used. On the track teams could be great rivals but in the pits the guys working on the bikes, in any class, were sharing travel tips, ideas and wrenches.

Next time you head out to the track take a look at what is happening in the pits during the race.

Woot of the Day

Bike Candy

The Russian motor world is getting racy; a Russian supercar manufacturer buys into F1, F1 will hold races in Russia and on and on. So is this so unreasonable?

1120249513_daSXc-L.jpg

Friday, 10 December

1068822555_hJC5U-Th.jpg

SBK

gpone.com: BMW Italia ready for debut
BMW Italia will be a busy place. Their S1000RR will sport the same engine as the factory team but will use a different chassis setup. In addition to the SBK bikes they will be defending the WSS crown they won in 2010.

speedweek.de: Dirty track brakes [slows] Toseland

bikeracing.it: Superbike test set for BMW official at Eastern Creedk

:ca cdnsuperbike.com: Big changes for Parts Canada Championship

MotoGP

motogp.com: Three rider grid rows for all classes amongst changes announced by FIM

motogpmatters.com: 2012 is closer than you think

Formula 1

autosport.com: FIA set to approve green engine rules

autosport.com: Lotus Renault – Petrov is first choice

reutures.com: Renault boss doubts F1 will have rival Lotus teams

Other Racing

roadracerx.com: Swigz Racing Electric superbike to contend WERA race at Auto Club Speedway
chipyates.com
HFL: 232 HP electric superbike to race gasoline motorcycles
The bike uses the most complicated KERS in the wolrd.

motoblog.it: 13 Aprilia RXV 4.5 Tuareg at the start of the next Dakar

I know these bikes are on stands but they still are 450cc machines.

1121286125_o9ZRL-O.jpg

1121286131_uWmLE-O.jpg

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kLlN4lvHGpo&hl=it_IT&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kLlN4lvHGpo&hl=it_IT&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

motociclismo.it: Dakar 2011

On the Street

allaboutbikes.com: motorcycling in America - 1970

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o8LNdFxj13Q?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o8LNdFxj13Q?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

webbikeworld.com: EZE Bleeder review

thedesignblog.org: FIDA folding mat offers an instant seating to place you in comfort

roadracerx.com: Backmarker: Writer’s toebook – last minute shopping hilemmas solved, mysterious BMWs, and Zen

Woot of the Day

Bike Candy

Start them on Bike Candy when they are young.

1121286047_y4HUy-L.jpg

Then they grow up and ride Harleys

1121286085_8EQ3N-M.jpg

1121286110_rLmQN-M.jpg

Saturday, 11 December

1068822555_hJC5U-Th.jpg

SBK

worldsbk.com: First test for Toseland and Badovini

motorsport-magazine.com: Mudslinging in Portimao

speedweek.de: Biaggi wanted to show who’s the boss

Formula 1

supersport.com: Hispania deny F1 team put for sale

The World Motor Sport Council was busy on Friday.

formula1.com: FIA confirms 2011 regulations, team orders removed.

dailyexpress.co.uk: FIA remove team orders rule

autosport.com: FIA approves rules shakeup.

fia.com: FORMULA ONE

The WMSC approved the introduction of a new specification engine from 2013, underlining the FIA’s commitment to improving sustainability and addressing the needs of the automotive industry. Following dialogue with the engine manufacturers and experts in this field, the power units will be four cylinders, 1.6 litre with high pressure gasoline injection up to 500 bar with a maximum of 12,000 rpm.

The engines will deliver a 35% reduction in fuel consumption and will feature extensive energy management and energy recovery systems, while maintaining current levels of performance. In 2013, five engines will be permitted per driver, but each year after that the limit will be four.

Sporting and Technical Regulations

A number of changes were made to the Sporting and Technical Regulations for 2011, including:

- The article forbidding team orders (39.1) is deleted. Teams will be reminded that any actions liable to bring the sport into disrepute are dealt with under Article 151c of the International Sporting Code and any other relevant provisions
- Amendments to the list of penalties Stewards are permitted to apply
- Revisions to driving and driver conduct
- A limit on the width of the fast lane in the pits
- The introduction of a regulation permitting the Race Director to close the pit lane during a race for safety reasons
- The re-introduction of intermediate tyres for 2011
- Penalties to be applied to any driver who fails to use both specification of dry weather tyre during the race
- An amendment requiring gearboxes to be used for five consecutive races, instead of four
- Clarification on when cars can overtake the safety car
- A refinement to the principles of the regulations already agreed concerning moveable rear wings
- A better definition of the reference plane, and reinforcement of bodywork deflection tests, especially at the front of the reference plane
- The allowance for anti-intrusion panels to protect drivers’ legs

Amendments to the 2012 Technical Regulations were made in the following areas:

- Team communications will be made available to broadcasters
- The inclusion of fuel compounds produced from biomass
- A limitation on suspension uprights

The impact of these rules changes will play out on the track after long strategy sessions by the teams.

The dropping of prohibition on team rules codifies what was already going on. How they are used will be governed by other rules. What that means remains to be seen. Red Bull made a risky case for no team rules this year. On one hand the no team rules stance played a big part in the team winning the constructors title. On the other hand it put Vettel in Webber in the position that potentially neither would win the drivers championship. Conversely Ferrari played with team orders. They paid a hefty fine for doing that. Even with the team orders in place they could not win either championship.

The engine changes will be challenging. Building a four cylinder turbo monster engine has been done before. The challenge will come in fuel economy goals and engine life.

Fuel economy figures tossed about in the WMSC release and the articles seem a bit wild if power is to be comparable with the current V-8 engines. The challenge with fuel economy v power will come in how much fuel the cars will be allowed to carry for the race. This will be further exacerbated by the introduction of bio fuels. If this happens and based on our experience on the street they can expect a 10% reduction in fuel mileage with bio fuels.

Engine life is a major factor as the new formula is introduced. With the current V-8s teams were allowed eight engines for the season. If you used up your allotment you started acquiring grid penalties for each engine beyond the rule allotment. The new rules cut that to five and then four. At the same time the number of engines is being cut F1 is increasing the number of races in the series. By the time the new formula reaches the four engine mark engine life demands will have gone from the current two race minimum to five as the race schedule increases to twenty races in the future.

There can be many a slip between cup and lip. We two seasons away from these rules going into effect. Expect some fine tuning as research and development play out.

Los Mini Drivers Season wrap-up
Last chapter of the year with a review of the entire season. Those moments that have left us marked them we have seen repeated over and over again now gathered at a single Grand Prix... Mini For Speed gives you a different view not only the races, but a camponato, and if it were little
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3tCT5GTBwj0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3tCT5GTBwj0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

On the Street

thekneeslider.com: Hard won knowledge – write your won commonplace book for motorcycles

2010 TOR Ultimate Xmas video featuring the Backstreet Girls - A merry jingle

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YeEBhW6rvuU?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YeEBhW6rvuU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

FWIW

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/65t-OzhlmvE?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/65t-OzhlmvE?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I am never really certain where I will end up when I fire up my internet browser. A few days ago I logged into the forum, clicked on a thread and found myself with Mr. Peabody and his pet boy Sherman in ‘the way back machine’. I looked at the date it had been set for and found it read “Grand Tour”. I knew this was going to take a while when in my mind I heard:

Sherman: Mr. Peabody where are we going today?

Mr. Peabody: We are going to the East Bank of the University of Minnesota to a class room in the Bell Museum of Natural History. The time is in the early 1970s.

Sherman: Why….

Before Sherman could ask any more questions I found myself sitting in a wooden tablet armed chair next to the windows of a small class room in the Bell Museum. It is a Tuesday morning during the second or third week of the Spring Quarter. This was the small group discussion held Tuesdays and Thursdays for a philosophy logic class with lectures on Monday Wednesday and Friday. We had taken our first test the previous Friday and the blue book was in front of me on the desk. I was pleased with my score. I had thought I would do well but did better than expected. The TA was answering questions about the test when at roughly a quarter past the hour another TA walked into the room.

“Everything I say is a lie.”

After he had announced that to the class in a loud clear voice he turned and left the room. My fellow class mates began to buzz in whispers about what had just happened. The TA continued with the answer to the question he was giving when he had been interrupted. I sat feeling satisfied. I had suspected that guy was a liar ever since he and I had chatted up the same girl in a bar on the West Bank. I was fully forthcoming to her but I am certain to this day he had won the day, or evening in this case, by lying. While I was reflecting he suddenly came back into the room.

“What I just told you is a lie.”

That said he left and our TA began the day’s small group discussion of the Liar’s Dilemma or Paradox. This has been a staple of philosophy and logic since Epimenides first posited that all Cretans are liars around 600 B.C.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kRW7pITY5Cg?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kRW7pITY5Cg?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Before I could catch up with what the TA was saying I heard Sherman’s voice once again asking; “Where are we off to now Mr. Peabody?

Peabody: “We are going to a parochial school classroom in Madison the capital of Wisconsin. The year is in the 1950’s”.

In a flash I found myself crammed into the metal and wood seat of a grade school desk. I was looking down at the paper on the Formica desk top on which I was doodling. It must be the Lenten Season. The teacher was reading the story of Jesus being questioned by Pilot. In the King James version Pilot asks “Truth, what is truth?”

In all my years in parochial schools I never had a teacher that was willing to get into a satisfactory discussion of this question. That would be left to the Sunday afternoon gatherings of my father’s professor friends when they would let me sit around with them as they discussed the topics of the day and philosophical questions like Pilots. Before I could dredge up the memory of any of these conversations I could here the jump drive of the Way Back Machine spooling up and we were off.

Mr. Peabody must have used the Way Back Machine to meet up with H.G. Wells and borrow more technology because as he was explaining to Sherman, “We are going to the future. The year 2011 to a town on the Mississippi River…”

In an instant I found myself with my Roadster in a parking lot along the Upper Mississippi River. Due to the failure of the family business with my son-in-law the year before, I had decided to move from Fly-Over-Land to a town along the river. That did not surprise me in the least as I have been considering this. I lived for years overlooking the river and miss it, the wildlife I would see and the winding roads on either side of it. What was surprising was I was doing a walk around of the Roadster with a prospective buyer. He was asking me questions about the bike. I began to feel more and more uncomfortable. I looked around Sherman and Mr. Peabody but they were no where to be found. Then out of the corner of my eye I saw a lizard dressed in a cape wearing a wizard’s hat and waving a wand.

“Drizzle drazzle druzzle drone time for this one to go home.”

Poof I was in front of my computer in my home in Fly-Over-Land.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DV5i2CZnIDs?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DV5i2CZnIDs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I am thinking about moving. Changes in my work a day world could lead to the sale of my Roadster. It has various nicks and scratches. I think of them as character marks. Each has a history related to some trip or miss adventure. Many of these have been chronicled in various threads on the forum. I anticipate I will answer buyer’s questions truthfully. I consider myself a truthful man. But there is that nagging question of Pilot that has nagged me since my youth.

Sitting at my computer I did a search on ‘why do people lie?’. This resulted in various links to explanations of the motivations of liars and ways todetect someone lying. The former topic was the focus of the original post in the thread that sent me off on my various mental adventures into the past and future.

In the present I have been surprised in some ways by this thread. In general it has stayed civil. How various posters have approached the topic and the specifics of the thread have been interesting to follow. I have wondered about the moderators. In many ways they are to be commended for not really stepping in. I also wonder what the discussion has been like on their private sub-forum. I have wondered in my own mind if this is an example of the internet and forums keeping us honest and promoting truthfulness in a way. That can be good.

Still in the back of my mind I am troubled. There is a mob element to the entire thread and how it has played out to this time. It is not the first time for this to happen on the internet or our forum. I am certain it won’t be the last. I must be honest and say I have participated in some of them. When they happen I think of Henry Fonda’s movie The Ox Bow Incident and shudder.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CSFDMAbQCpE?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CSFDMAbQCpE?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Woot of the Day

Bike Candy

Loose some win some.

BMW US made the forum recently because it lost the CHiPs contract to supply motorcycles. One for the loss column. BMW NL lands a 8 year contract with the Dutch police. The GS will be used in town and the RT on the roads. motor.nl One for the win column [as long as you are not speeding]

1121982686_ZxdgW-M.jpg

1121982670_qbmtb-M.jpg

Tuesday, 14 December

1068822555_hJC5U-Th.jpg

SBK

bikesportnews.com: Toseland happy with Portimao test performance

gpone.com: BMW Italia takes first WSBK steps

crash.net: Liberty Ducati shows its colours for debut

MotoGP

roadracingworld.com: Spies to sign autographs at Long Beach

autosport.com: Crutchlow pleased with surgery outcome

motomatters.com: KTM building Moto3 machine

racer.com: Paris Hilton partnering in MotoGP 125cc team

Formula 1

reuters.com: F1 impsoses ÔÇÿcurfewÔÇÖ on hard-working mechanics

Other Racing

bikeadline.com: Husqvarna Enduro Team 2011

bmw-motorrad.co.za: Roof of Africa podium success

facebook: The long road trip to a short drag strip ÔÇô S 1000 RR drag racing

simonpavey.com: Final preparation drama

TT Zero promo 2010
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KPBo5oPftrU&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KPBo5oPftrU&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

On the Street

thekneeslider.com: Does motorcycle training reduce motorcycle accidents?

motorcyclistonline.com: BMW gadget mounting made simple

motorcycle.com: Honda CBR 250R tech review

Bikes in the Fast Lane: Plice Motorcycles around the world Part 3

motorcycleshows.com: Stylish new BMW Motorrad Concept C putting the ÔÇÿFunÔÇÖ back into functional

allaboutbikes.com: Triumph returns to International Motorcycle Shows

asphaltandrubber.com: DonÔÇÖt call it a recall ÔÇô Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R goes on technical hold ÔÇô engine problems suspected

100ps.at: BMW G 650

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LJ2iDn_FAvk?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LJ2iDn_FAvk?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

thedesignblog.org: Floow bike with optional roof to guard the rider against harsh weather

floow-bike_02_9rz2Y_17621.jpg

The Mothership

bmwgroup.com: BMW Motorrad Canada Announces 2011 Product Updates and Pricing.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VTvFWQM3kwY?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VTvFWQM3kwY?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Woot of the Day

Bike Candy

1126027661_HLhV7-O.jpg

Wednesday, 15 December

1068822555_hJC5U-Th.jpg

1127184787_M9FWN-S.jpg

SBK

worldsbk.com: 2011 WSBK entry already shaping up in impressive style

First test at Portimao for BMW Motorrad Italy Superbike Team14.12.2010
Press releases

Portimao. The Portuguese circuit in Portimao-home to one of the World-Championship was theatre debut of BMW Motorrad Italy Superbike Team with motorcycles who will race in 2011 in the highest category of derived series.

Training, led by Serafino Foti, as is known, will line the twice Superbike world champion, James Toseland, and Ayrton Badovini, Superstock FIM Cup winner 2010 with Team BMW Motorrad Italy.

The two have risen for the first time on the bikes equipped in record time in Italy, with the collaboration of the head, and the two days of testing has served to confirm the technical choices made by the team in weight distribution and adjusting of the suspensions, as well as in various mappings of electronics.
Pilots also have dedicated themselves to the adaptation of the bike to your riding style, covering many revolutions that have allowed them to provide important guidance to engineers who, back in Italy, will the changes in vista test collective program, always on the circuit in Portimao, in late January.

To defend the Superstock FIM Cup conquered in 2010, BMW Motorrad Italy has chosen a young as Lorenzo Zanetti that will participate in the Championship 2011 and that he shot himself on the Portuguese circuit.

Serafino Foti, team manager of BMW Motorrad Italy Superbike team, said: "we began work on the bike just a month and a half ago and we made a big effort to be ready to test in Portimao. We're pretty satisfied with the reply of the bike which evidently is still from rough saw that was put into the track for the first time in Portugal. The track because of thunderstorm of Saturday was very dirty but we needed to walk miles without taking account of the times ".

"The ' package ' is very good, said James Toseland-. The engine has a good power and we are working to obtain more homogeneous delivery. The strength of the bike seems to me the chassis that provides an excellent response in changes of direction. We worked on the set-up of the suspensions, the weight distribution and the bike responds very well to changes. We must, however, working to develop the collection. The team then is fantastic and many men are the same with whom we have won the title in 2004 ".

"I was impressed with the professionalism of the team, which was already known-Ayrton Badovini-said. The bike has built good but, obviously, is to refine. We've already seen the details on which intervene and I'm sure in the second exit at the end of January things will get even better. "

Formula 1

formula1.com: Adjustable wings among confirmed changes for 2011

f1technical.net: F1 2011 regulations analysed

jamesallenonf1.com: Analysis of World Council decisions 2013 engines and new F1 rules.

crash.net: Prost – engine deal better option for Renault

Other Racing

KTM 450 Rally 'way to Dakar 2011' official video
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/se91McHqjBw?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/se91McHqjBw?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

On the Street

motojournal.balsamfir.com: Photos from Kari Pager’s memorials

Ducati Diavel and its technology
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/89svUJ_rtBs?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/89svUJ_rtBs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Ducati Diavel design
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vlFu0eyZxk4?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vlFu0eyZxk4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

allaboutbikes.com: The MV agusta F3 – The standard for supersport motorcycles

ultimatemotorcycling.com: MotoGuzzi V7 Caf?® Classic

cyrilhuzeblog.com: Harley-Davidson from the point of view of the investor

webbikeworld.com: Giant Loop Coyote Saddlebag review

technologyreview.com: Tracking trick shows where you are

I miss the 750cc class bikes. Kawasaki builds what looks to be an answer for riders like me but MCN declares 2011 Kawasaki Z750R first ride - 'too heavy to excite'
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jZikiZ_fvSE?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jZikiZ_fvSE?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

The Mothership

bmw-motorrad.co.za: Showing off the world of BMW Motorrad
The BMW Motorcycle Show strategy continues to frustrate American Roundel fans but their show efforts may need to be seen in more global terms.

Woot of the Day

Bike Candy

The BMW Italia Team

1127184776_jPvdC-L.jpg

BMW Motorrad Italia Superbike Team. James Toseland riding the BMW S 1000 RR in the first test in Portimao,

1127184744_CuNLH-XL.jpg

BMW Motorrad Italia Superbike Team. Ayrton Badovini riding the BMW S 1000 RR in the first test in Portimao,

Last edited:
Thursday, 16 December

1068822555_hJC5U-Th.jpg

motorcycleusa.com: Spoken Wheel ÔÇô what racing needs

SBK

realleonhaslam: We are now mr and mrs haslam. The best day ever and snow boarding tomorrow.

MotoGP

autosport.com: Aprilia plays down MotoGP return hopes

Formula 1

reuters.com: Lotus F1 engine would be a logical step, says Bahar

crash.net: Ferrari in a new push for three car teams
Not what you think at first sight. This is more like pushing for one car teams.

Other Racing

superbikeplanet.com: Honda Half Pint = Full-flavor Fun.

On the Street

Books ÔÇôsolomoto.es: MOA member Miquel Silvestre's book about riding the world on the BMW has been released.

motorcyclisonline.com: First look = 2012 BMW K1600 GT & GTL

motorcyclenews.com: {2 English] Harley-Davidson dealers go bust

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0k_ejs2Fhz0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0k_ejs2Fhz0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Woot of the Day

Bike Candy

Officiner Rosspuro ÔÇô Calibro 11

1127832508_JUk85-M.jpg

1127832638_boDqy-M.jpg

1127832558_ndd8q-M.jpg

Friday, 17 December

1068822555_hJC5U-Th.jpg

SBK

Busy times for Leon Haslam

1129221861_YQU6S-S.jpg

Leon Haslam was presented with the "Rider of the Year" award at Thursday night's Guild of Motoring Writers annual dinner and awards evening at the RAC Club in Pall Mall, London.

When he wasn’t receiving awards he was making long term team commitments.
1129221854_iiuoa-M.jpg

BMW Motorrad MotorsportBMW Motorrad Motorsport - WSBK - New Team Structure
• Press Release
Team management reshuffle at BMW Motorrad Motorsport for Superbike World Championship.

Munich/Stephanskirchen, 16th December 2010. BMW Motorrad Motorsport is preparing the ground for future success in the Superbike World Championship. Two months after the appointment of Bernhard Gobmeier as BMW Motorrad Motorsport Director, further changes are being made to key positions within the team. Rainer B?ñumel (44), formerly the team’s Technical Director, takes up the newly created post of Head of Race Operations with immediate effect. Stephan Fischer (43) becomes the new Head of Development for BMW Motorrad Motorsport, while Josef Hofmann (54) is appointed Managing Director of the Stephanskirchen factory. All three report directly to BMW Motorrad Motorsport Director Bernhard Gobmeier.

“In filling these three key positions we are concluding the restructuring of the team management,” explains BMW Motorrad Motorsport Director Bernhard Gobmeier. “The new formation is leaner and the division of labour more clearly delineated. Rainer B?ñumel will now control trackside operations and take responsibility for the deployment of the race team, while Head of Development Stephan Fischer will be in charge of further development of the BMW S 1000 RR. This brings with it a much closer interlocking with colleagues in series production development than was previously the case. Josef Hofmann, as Managing Director of alpha Racing, will head up the factory in Stephanskirchen and take care of logistics, personnel and finance.”

In mid-January, Team BMW Motorrad Motorsport will be bound for Australia. The next winter tests are scheduled for 26th to 28th January in Eastern Creek, before the team behind Troy Corser (AUS) and Leon Haslam (GBR) resume testing on Phillip Island on 2nd and 3rd February. Immediately before the season opens there on 27th February, Team BMW Motorrad Motorsport will be able to measure themselves against the other World Championship contenders for the first time at the final official Infront test held at the same track on 21st and 22nd February.
speedweek.de: BMW – New vigor, a lot of test work

MotoGP

gpone.com: Jonathan Rea begins MotoGP test

The Death of Two Strokes?
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DeSqrW-lYUQ?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DeSqrW-lYUQ?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Formula 1

dailymai.co.uk: United States Grand Prix edges closer to inclusion on 2012 Formula One calendar

independent.co.uk: Ferrari cast doubt on Rome Grand Prix

jamesallenonf1.com: Fenandes – No chance of a deal on Loutus now it goes leagal

Jim Clark and Dan Gurney at Belgium GP 1964
1129221940_Gik6a-M.jpg

On the Street

motorcycledaily.com: J.D. Power Study: U.S. motorcycle riders aging, and leaving market J.D. Power press release

motorcyclistoneline.com: Mission Motors unveils Mission R electric racing superbike

sportrider.com: 2011 BMW F800R

cyrilhuzeblog.com: China is now the world’s largest motorcycle producer. Harley-Davidson to manurfacture in China?

Crossing a Colombian bridge - Overland Motorcycle Adventure BMW F650 GS
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7yjIJ8ibOs8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7yjIJ8ibOs8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The Mothership

bmw-motorrad.com: The interviews with Oliver Schmitt, Product Manager for the K 1600 models and David Robb, Vice President of motorcycle design offer an exclusive insight into the development.

bmw-motorrad.co.za: BMW GS Eco1000 photo winners

Woot of the Day

Bike Candy

468355408_jJ52M-L.jpg

Last edited:
Saturday, 18 December

1068822555_hJC5U-Th.jpg

SBK
The heat is on!

worldsbk.com: Superpole modified for 2011

fim-live: Full press release

Several changes loom on the horizon. Most are procedural dealing with timing of practice and qualifying. The key element in this is to bring the qualifying time closer to the time of the race. This may help with tire management and chassis setup.

The big change is dropping the number of participants in Superpole from 20 to 16. Team BMW Motorrad Motorsport must step up its game on Friday to participate on Saturday. If this had been in place in 2010 there would have been two instances where the second BMW would not have advanced to the Superpole. For three races a BMW rider occupied what will be the new bubble spot. What had been a safe time in 2010 will be a time to beat in 2011. Combine this with two BMW teams trying to take the Supepole and we should be in for some fireworks.

motomatters.com: WSBK schedule reshuffled, Superpole revised, more technical changes coming

MotoGP

motogp.com: Pedrosa to resume full training in January

biksportnews.com: Reav deems Honda MotoGP test and ‘unbelievable experience’
With the 1000cc engines coming soon I suspect we will see more SBK riders testing the smaller in size, stiffer and more powerful MotoGP machines to see if they are up to it.

Formula 1

reuters.com: Ecclestone dismisses talk of rival F1 series
Expect this to be an ongoing story. Ecclestone’s age and lack of definitive heir to his role along with the hows (how much and how it is divided) of F1 money are discussed.

autosport.com: Petrov to reveal plans next week.
This should go a long way to determining the future of the Renault team

Formula 1 2010 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Highlights Race Edit [HD]
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lY90VN-NzaQ?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lY90VN-NzaQ?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Other Racing

Motosport Retro The Iron Horse – Onboard with Phil Read 1974
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L9NhLw-nQ7M&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L9NhLw-nQ7M&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

roadracerx.com: AMA Pro Racing announces 2011 Flat Track Grand National schedule

Jim Clark at Indy circa 1965
1129799583_6qReK-S.jpg

independent.co.uk: McLaren back in GT after 12 year gap

BMW is returning to DTM. Its time for some back to the future video so sit back and enjoy those flame spitting BMWs Mercedes and Audis that ran in 1980s DTM
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gw-AxiVqihM&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gw-AxiVqihM&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

On the Street

bikeexif.com: Honda CL750 Scrambler
A very interesting concept bike that is part homage to the 305 scrambler of the past and a tease of the future. (maybe)
1129799415_2FHhJ-M.jpg

The Honda may be interesting and desirable but this is a bit silly- moto22.com: Aston Martin V12 mototcycle
1129799492_axE2j-S.jpg

motorcyclenews.com: [UK Study} – Motorcyclists half as likely to drink and drive

More comic opera from the Teutles
cycrilhuzeblog.com: Big legal win for Paul Teutle Jr. against his father. He can keep 20% of OCC

Ducati Corse Special Project with Nicky Hayden
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ma3jTYk7RqE?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ma3jTYk7RqE?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

1129980586_ii6Vm-M.jpg

This was found by a reader-
eBay.com: 1971 BMW R-Series 1971 BMW R60/5 HIENRICH SPECIAL HIENRICH TANK FAIRING AND LOWERS ORIGINAL FEDERWIESS PAINT VINTAGE CLASSIC WITH DENFELD SOLO POLICE SEAT AND WIXOM BAGS

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GlyJKU-9uKc&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GlyJKU-9uKc&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/riOvvlaZQFU&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/riOvvlaZQFU&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

2010 BMW R1200rt Southwest Police Motorcycle Competition Winner 2010
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SUdRQUnaLsA?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SUdRQUnaLsA?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

FWIW

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rDSTfAHW7-Y?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rDSTfAHW7-Y?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TX9VChq4u8c?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TX9VChq4u8c?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NJ7IUWrdlZI?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NJ7IUWrdlZI?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Woot of the Day

Bike Candy
When I checked my email on Friday I found an announcement from Mission Motorsports of their latest electric race bike. It sports a 141 hp / 115 ft-lb liquid cooled motor, ?ûhlins suspension, Bembro brakes, single sided aluminum swingarm and some other trick items are stuffed into a chassis a bit smaller than a 600cc sport bike.
1129799309_MzxDE-M.jpg

1129799183_9Kf7t-M.jpg

All this combines to make a very interesting sounding machine. How it, and its street sibling, works remains to be seen. Two things continue to concern me when I read about electric sportbikes/racers.
- The size. I understand a racer being the size of a 600cc machine but I’m not built for that sized bike in ICE or EV form.
- Unique. The word unique means one of a kind in its strictest definition. Without getting into a debate of editorial choices in words the “uniqueness” of electric bikes says not ready for prime time to me. They are getting so much closer, but not just yet.

More pictures and information about the racer and their electric street superbike are available at the Mission Motors website.

Monday, 20 December

1068822555_hJC5U-Th.jpg

Take an adventure in giving and help a downed fellow rider.
A downed fellow rider desperately needs a new service dog

If you don’t have a login for Advrider it only takes a couple of minutes to create one. CDD is right Advrider has a heart. Take the time to show you have one too.

SBK

Another Ducati hits the track worldsbk.com: Berger debuts for Supersonic at Cartagena

The Haslams are stuck in Sweden so the party in London is off – for now.

MotoGP

motorsport-total.com: Suzuki is already think 2012, testing has begun

Rumor
bikesportnews.com: MotoGP: up for sale in the New Year?
Why buy a new race bike when you could buy a bike series?

Formula 1

jamesallenonf1.com: A fans view on why F1 2010 wasn’t as great as everyone makes out.

autosport.com: Alonso – 2011 rule changes will succeed
[But at what? I remain in doubt]

On the Street

cyrilhuzeblog.com: Important motorcycles join last Vegas auction on January 6th

motorcyclistonline.com: Exclusive Interview – Erik Buell is back in business

thekneeslider.com: Nebo Super 32 Inverted 3 cylinder motorcycle construction photos

ultimatemotorcyling.com: BMW F800R – Naked and loving it

A blast from the past – 199s Honda NR 750 Oval Piston – Official Video
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y__2PcP62zM?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y__2PcP62zM?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The Mothership

bmw-motorrad.co.za: Thank you GS fans!

BMW M3 25 Years
<object width="224" height="207">
<param name="FlashVars" value="configPath=http://www.bmw.tv/com/player/playerEndpoint.do?articleID=9924%26type=embed%26viewUrl=http://www.bmw.tv/com/view/bmw/view.swf"/>
<param name="movie" value="http://www.bmw.tv/com/player.swf?configPath=http://www.bmw.tv/com/player/playerEndpoint.do?articleID=9924%26type=embed%26viewUrl=http://www.bmw.tv/com/view/bmw/view.swf"/>
<embed src="http://www.bmw.tv/com/player.swf?configPath=http://www.bmw.tv/com/player/playerEndpoint.do?articleID=9924%26type=embed%26viewUrl=http://www.bmw.tv/com/view/bmw/view.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="224" height="207" allowfullscreen="true" FlashVars="configPath=http://www.bmw.tv/com/player/playerEndpoint.do?articleID=9924%26type=embed%26viewUrl=http://www.bmw.tv/com/view/bmw/view.swf"/>
</object>

Woot of the Day

Bike Candy

1132258786_ePcLX-L.jpg

From Motorcycle Picture of the Day

1132258736_hPZC3-L.jpg

1132258690_ySn69-L.jpg

1132258638_AMAji-L.jpg

1132258585_e89gp-L.jpg

Last edited:
Tuesday, 21 December

1068822555_hJC5U-Th.jpg

SBK

cdnsuperbike.com: McCormick will ride BMW in 2011 Canadian Superbike

realleonhaslam: This is the longest wedding in the world, Stil in Sweden trying to get home. At least its great company, i know the in laws really well now.

MotoGP

Nicky Hayden Interview: Long Beach Show
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mu-9swGUAN0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mu-9swGUAN0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Formula 1

autosport.com: Russian GP boss says track on schedule

motorsportsretro.com: Jackie Stewart on Murray Walkers F1 Greats
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6wygt91pAKg?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6wygt91pAKg?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Other Racing

fim-live.com: {BMW Team Speedbrain] Well prepared for the Dakar adventure

fim-live.com: Yamaha primed for 2011 Dakar

<object id="RBPlayer" width="616" height="347"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain"/><param name="wMode" value="transparent"/><embed src="http://www.redbull.co.uk/cs/RedBull/flash/socialmedia/RBPlayer.swf?data_url=http://www.redbull.co.uk/cs/Satellite?c%3DRB_Video%26cid%3D1242935227424%26locale%3D1237404256307%26p%3D1242758893121%26pagename%3DRedBullUK%2FRB_Video%2FVideoPlayerDataXML&quality=low&on_redbull=yup&primary_up_color=0xDD013F&primary_over_color=0x0C2044&primary_down_color=0x0C2044&secondary_up_color=0xDD013F&secondary_over_color=0x0C2044&secondary_down_color=0x0C2044&num_analytics_intervals=5" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" width="616" height="347"/></object>

HFL: Who is Cyril Despres?

On the Street

Kawasaki has been hit by a recall in their Australian bikes. The V series bikes have a glich in the ECU which can cause the engine to stall. I have not seen any reports of a US recall.

webbikeworld.com: Revit winter gloves review

SoloMoto ÔÇô 2011 BMW motorcycle driving shots of S1000RR and K1600Gt
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YjHdquKzZTE?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YjHdquKzZTE?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

motorcyclistonline.com: LoJack reveals its top five stolen motorcycle recovery stories

RoadTrip: newsok.com: Biker buddies open old Route 66 motorcycle museum

cyrilhuzeblog.com: 2011 the year of the caf?® racer

Woot of the Day

Bike Candy

1133387837_Vm5So-L.jpg

1133387791_MxECk-L.jpg

1133387741_TqMhw-L.jpg

From motorcyclepictureoftheday.com

+1 on the bike candy

Haven't seen or thought about the Honda NR750 and oval pistons in some time. What a marvel.

Wednesday, 22 December

1068822555_hJC5U-Th.jpg

SBK

From the WorldSBK series – The bikes of 2010 : BMW S1000RR

BMW PressClub CA:Brett “The Kid” McCormick returns to Canadian Superbike with BMW
1134377046_ueeLx-M.jpg

Brett McCormick testing BMW S1000RR at Portimao 2009. Photo courtesy of Inside Motorcycles

Other Racing

bmwra.org: Dakar 2011

fim-live.com: Well prepared to enter the Dakar Adventure

fim-live.com: Yamaha primed for 2011 Dakar

Yamaha WR450F rider H?®lder Rodrigues preparing for the 2011 Dakar Rally
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VC_9sUGBxQ4?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VC_9sUGBxQ4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

On the Street

bikesportnews.com: Toseland plays the blues for local charity

Trials legend Dougie Lampkin is back with a new Nissan-funded video available exclusively on motorcyclenews.com. MCN caught up with Lampkin on the set of the video shoot.
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tUl7jLJq3mQ?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tUl7jLJq3mQ?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

The Mothership

BMW PressClub US: Emission Trading to Reduce Traffic Related CO2 Emissions: Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) and the BMW Group are Introducing a Study on Cap and Trade in the Transportation Sector.

1134377084_gRFLs-M.jpg

Can they say that on the forum?

FWIW

1134377073_kxKeg-S.jpg

1132258803_bMrkb-O.jpg

Woot of the Day

Bike Candy

You see a picture of a pretty bike …

1134376741_YuLGm-L.jpg

… and you wonder ‘does it get used for anything more than promoting the family business?’…

1134376797_mEFxm-L.jpg

…then you get this big smile when you find the answer is yes.

1134377068_HMQzp-L.jpg

Check out the knee pucks on the rider.

Back