• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bench Racing & The Morning Reads

Is EICMA when we will see the next G450 GS, X or...?

i-W4n9Jh3-M.jpg

There is this pesky tail bag. At least I think that is what it is. It would nicely rest on the back of the Concept La Rose; however, the cylinder head on the bag appears to be a wethead cylinder. This brings us back to the conventional wisdom and my first backup explanation for a R nineT variation and GS models.

It's a hybrid bum/bike bag. They had these for the HP2e, too.

Personally, I like that R120GS Basic bike.....

Ramblings - 24 October 2016

BMW Motorrad at EICMA 2016. The model offensive continues.
21.10.2016Press Releas

Munich. The BMW Motorrad model offensive now moves ahead to the next phase, with four world premieres and several motorshow premieres. BMW Motorrad will be represented at the EICMA motorcycle show from 8 to 13 November 2016 with a stand in Hall 14 of the Milan trade fair centre.

What is it going to look like?

Here, another BMW motorcycle from the Heritage world of experience will see its world premiere. The family of classic yet modern motorcycles featuring the distinctive air-cooled flat-twin boxer engine will then number a total of five fascinating models. And the lead model in this world of experience, the R nineT, also has several technical and visual modifications in store at the EICMA.

i-grTXHh7-L.jpg

Roland Sands’ bobber R NineT Classic is the press favorite as the solution that question. It makes sense; after all, the genesis bike for the series was the BMW Lo Rider Concept (Gallery Link). Presented at EICMA in 2008, riders anxiously waited for it to go into production, and waited, and waited.
The Sands Concept Ninety caught everyone's attention to prepare us for what was to come. Now the R NineT Classic, especially when viewed with the recent R 5 Homage boxer presented at the BMW Villa d’Este show, give a tip of the helmet to a bobber addition to the R nineT lineup.

Two more world premieres come from the range of BMW Motorrad models in the Adventure world of experience, making the GS family larger and more versatile.

Images of a G 310 GS continue to pop up. A G-GS makes all sorts of sense for both BMW and TVS Motors. With the G 310 R in the pipeline the announcement of a GS variant would not be a stretch.

i-S8Fgb6h.jpg

The mini GS taken care of what is the other GS to be announced. Will it be a G450GS as I babbled on about in the last post or an answer to a growing ground swell call for a new, accessible, LIGHTER GS model?

Take a moment and click through the gallery of photos BMW put out for the thirtieth aniversary of the GS. In photographs, it is the story of the last thirty years of my bodies life.

i-FG5jLc6-L.jpg

The GS starts out as a robust yet lean quirky motorcycle. You didn’t need a stepladder to get into the saddle. Groups of riders were not going to gather in the parking lot and take turns seeing who could flat foot this GS thingie. Instead, they would be waiting to take turns riding it. They would come back talking about how much fun it was on the road. The brave would take this demo out into the dirt. They might wonder about its efficacy as an off road mount; yet, inwardly they were trying to figure out how to master riding it in that setting.

Thirty plus years later we have a PanzerRad, a tank of a motorcycle in the R1200GS ADV. Yes it is a benchmark, required equipment type of RTW motorcycle. It is also a motorcycle that has fed on a lot of schnitzel, brats, and kartofel, washed down with mega-steins of lager. In the process it has gained 150+ pounds. Yes it is a benchmark. Yes it is still an amazing machine. Yes it has all sorts of whistles and bells that make it smarter than the R80GS and the rider. Yet compared to the R80GS, straight out of the box you are riding two up before you add a living breathing pillion rider or think about the RTW gear. I am preparing for rotator cuff surgery thinking about it while looking for the sore muscle liniment.

I put myself on a long term diet. The goal wasn’t to get the weight off by lopping off an arm. A meal, a week at a time, over time I have lost a chunk of weight. It has been great. I am more active and all the things they tell you about when people talk about losing weight. I look in the mirror and quickly realize I am not the lean mean riding machine I was thirty years ago, but I am having a lot more fun with the body I now see in the mirror than the PanzerMika that I was looking at some time ago.

This is what a growing group of GS riders hope BMW has done with the GS. They are hoping that while sitting with chips and beers the GS designers cound a way to carve off what isn’t necessary and give us a light weight, ok it will be a wethead GS so a lighter weight more agile motorcycle.

i-RT8sRGT-L.jpg

i-73bcBT7-L.jpg

In the past year a growing number of computer renderings, pictures such as this and concept motorcycles like the BMW Concept Lac Rose. Are these hints of what a wethead GS would look like.

i-zbPpH4p-L.jpg

Gallery Link

I don’t know but can’t wait to find out. :lurk

Meanwhile world premiere number four features a luxurious touring motorcycle. As one would expect of BMW Motorrad, this model boasts a wealth of fittings that make motorcycle travel as comfortable and exciting as possible.

Just a few weeks after its international press presentation in Los Angeles, the new BMW K 1600 B will also be celebrating its first motorshow appearance in Milan. The bagger is a fascinating embodiment of Grand American Touring, combining distinctive styling with the supremacy of a 6-cylinder engine.

I still have nothing on this. The following video will take you a for a walk through the K1200LT

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4zbIEL8sU-I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The K1600GTL has filled in the luxury touring niche. The press release indicates BMW has a new interpretation of the UberTourer.

All media representatives attending the EICMA Press Day are cordially invited to come to the BMW Motorrad press conference from 10:30 am to 11:00 am on Tuesday 8 November 2016 at the BMW Motorrad trade fair stand in Hall 14.
Press material on the new products will be provided after the press conference at the BMW Motorrad counter and in the BMW PressClub at www.press.bmwgroup.com.

You will find further press material on BMW motorcycles and BMW Motorrad rider equipment in the BMW Group PressClub atwww.press.bmwgroup.com.

Is that all there is?

My guess is no. I am not at all certain why or what I expect; however, I will not be surprised to see another teaser from BMW with more information about what is meant by “several motorshow premiers”. Several of the motorcycles hinted at here could be considered logical extensions of existing product lines. This would leave room for even more.

Tuesday Reader: 25 October 2016

i-JLDwJWv-L.jpg

Beemer

i-zVrXRH5-M.jpg

World champions Päivarinta/Kainulainen: “This title is something very special.”
Pekka Päivärinta and Kirsi Kainulainen wrote history this season when they were crowned sidecar world champions in their BMW S 1000 RR powered sidecar. In an interview, the two Finns speak about the meaning of this title, the fascination of sidecar racing and the close co-operation with BMW Motorrad Motorsport.
1 BMW Group PressClub Global /

BMW Motorrad at EICMA 2016. The model offensive continues.
The BMW Motorrad model offensive now moves ahead to the next phase, with four world premieres and several motorshow premieres. BMW Motorrad will be represented at the EICMA motorcycle show from 8 to 13 November 2016 with a stand in Hall 14 of the Milan trade fair centre.

i-JfJ9XxF-M.jpg

New BMW Group Plant Manaus in Brazil starts motorcycle production
BMW Motorrad celebrated a significant expansion of motorcycle production in Brazil today. The company officially started operation of the new BMW Group plant in Manaus, Brazil, the first 100% BMW Group-owned motorcycle production site outside Germany. A total of around 10.5 million euros were invested in the new plant.
1 BMW Group PressClub Canada /

BMW Group News

The Tease -

BMW Films “The Escape” premieres on Sunday, October 23, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. EST on BMWFilms.com.
Woodcliff Lake, NJ – Otcober 21, 2016… Tune in on Sunday, October 23, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. EST as BMW Films presents “The Escape” exclusively on BMWFilms.com. From Academy Award® nominated director Neill Blomkamp (“District 9,” “Elysium”), the action-packed short film features original BMW Films star and Oscar® nominated actor Clive Owen (“Closer,” “Children of Men”) who reprises his role as The Driv
4 BMW Group PressClub USA /

The Video

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jzUFCQ-P1Zg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BMW Films Behind the Scenes 1https://youtu.be/RuxPGNbZoeM

BMW Films Behind the Scenes 2https://youtu.be/-LQwD2_h4p4

Abigail Reynolds begins her BMW Art Journey, visiting the lost libraries of the Silk Road as well as participating in Yinchuan Biennale, the first biennale in Northwest China.https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/glob...first-biennale-in-northwest-china?language=en
Munich/Basel. BMW Art Journey winner Abigail Reynolds (represented by ROKEBY, London) has begun the first leg of her journey along the Silk Road. Reynolds is the third BMW Art Journey winner and will be the second artist to unveil her work at Art Basel’s Hong Kong show.
BMW Group PressClub Global /

Rolls Royce Motorcars

The House Of Rolls-Royce Announces Spring/Summer 2017 Collectionhttps://www.press.rolls-roycemotorc...ces-spring/summer-2017-collection?language=en
The House of Rolls-Royce has announced its Spring/Summer 2017 Couture collection. Signature detailing in vibrant colour will complement palettes of classic white as Dawn is Inspired by Fashion.
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars PressClub /

i-b9nznXM-M.jpg

ROUNDEL MOTORSPORTS

BMW Motorsport News – Issue 40/16
DTM champion Wittmann visits the BMW Group Plant Munich – Preparation for new DTM season begins in Oschersleben.
2 BMW Group PressClub Global /

i-CtGWc2D-M.jpg

An interview with BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt: “Marco has set the bar very high for the other drivers.”
In an interview, BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt discusses Marco Wittmann’s title win and looks back on the fifth season since BMW’s return to the DTM.

i-7PCGQTD.png
Recalls

BMW issued a recall on the X5, 6 SERIES, 5 SERIES, and X6 models
On certain vehicles, the wires going to the in-tank fuel pump may not have been crimped correctly. An incorrect crimp could increase the resistance of the circuit which could cause the contact pin to heat and melt...
1 Transport Canada - Motor Vehicle Safety Recalls /

Search for Recalls Here

US - http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchSafetyIssues
Canada - http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/....aspx?lang=eng
UK - http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp
EU - http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/safety...nt=main.search
Australia - http://www.productsafety.gov.au/recalls
New Zealand - https://www.vehiclerecallsafety.nzta.govt.nz/

On the BMW MOA Forum > The Garage > Links and References > Listing of Recall Notices

i-RT8sRGT-L.jpg

Motorrad- On the Street and Track

BMW MOTORRAD IN THE NEWS

BMW G310 GS Adventure Likely to be Introduced at 2016 EICMA
BMW Motorrad has revealed that the company is going to introduce four fresh models at the upcoming 2016 EICMA motorcycle show in Milan, Italy. Out of these four, the two models will be positioned into the brand's GS adventure family which brings to us the possibility that BMW Motorrad might introduce the G310 GS at the motor show next month.
5 Motorcycle News /

BMW R nineT, Moto Guzzi V9 Roamer, Triumph Thruxton und Yamaha XSR 900 im Test
Modern Classics beim Alpen Masters 2016 Lässig durch die Dolomiten gleiten, bei der Pause am Gipfel cool rüberkommen, sich bei jedem Sonnenstrahl über die Schönheit der eigenen Maschine freuen: Das alles geht mit diesen vier Modern Classics. Geht auch mehr? ... > weiter
40 MOTORRAD: neue Artikel / by info@motorradonli... /

BMW Claims Two 2016 MOTY Awards From Motorcyclist Magazine BMW R 1200 GS Adventure And BMW R 1200 RT Are “Three-peat” Winners
WOODCLIFF LAKE, NJ – October 20, 2016 – ( Motor Sports Newswire ) – For the third year in a row, the BMW R 1200 GS Adventure and BMW R 1200 RT have earned coveted spots in Motorcyclist Magazine’s annual Motorcycle of the Year (MOTY) Awards. Editors of Motorcyclist , once again, chose the GS Adventure for its 2016 “Best Adventure Bike” category, while the R 1200 RT earned “Best Sport Touring Bike”
1 motorsportsnewswire / by Motor Sports News... /

Bajaj VS 400 VS TVS Apache RTR 300 (TVS Akula) Which Upcoming Motorcycle Should You Buy
Before I even start let me clarify, no! These two motorcycles are not each other’s rival. While the soon to be launched Bajaj VS400 will be pitched as a sports cruiser the production variant of the TVS Akula (which will most probably be called Apache RTR 300) is a proper faired sportsbike. The reason why we are actually taking these two motorcycles into consideration is because of the fact that b
6 Top Speed / by Riju Ganguly@.top... /

BMW Motorrad are hitting India hard for 2017
BMW Motorrad made its first official debut at the Auto Expo in India this year, where their motorcyclesare currently imported by existing, BMW car dealers.

BMW to make India global hub for small bikeshttp://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-hub-for-small-bikes/articleshow/54906015.cms
The G310R is one of the most ambitious bets taken by the German auto major that sells motorcycles under the 'Motorrad' brand.

BMW R1200GS Adventure vs. Ducati Multistrada Enduro vs. Honda Africa Twin vs. KTM 1190 Adventure R - COMPARISON TESThttp://www.cycleworld.com/bmw-r1200...ure-r-comparison-test?dom=rss-default&src=syn
Reviews Which of these big adventure machines is best for the average rider? Our results might surprise you... Two proven ADVs, the BMW and the KTM, take on the new Honda Africa Twin and Ducati Multistrada Enduro. We decide which of these big machines is best for the average…
Cycle World / by Sean MacDonald /

OTHER MANUFACTURERS

HARLEY-DAVIDSON REPORTS THIRD QUARTER 2016 EARNINGS
New Model Year Motorcycles Drive Increased Retail Sales in September
MILWAUKEE, Oct. 18, 2016 – Harley-Davidson, Inc. (NYSE:HOG) third quarter 2016 diluted earnings per share decreased 7.2 percent to $0.64 compared to diluted EPS of $0.69 in the same period in 2015. Net income was $114.1 million on consolidated revenue of $1.27 billion compared to net income of $140.3 million on consolidated revenue of $1.32 billion in the third quarter of 2015.

Harley-Davidson tops 3Q profit forecastshttp://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11731487&ref=rss
The results exceeded Wall Street expectations. The average estimate of 12 analysts surveyed by Zacks Investment Research was for earnings of 63 cents per share.
5 Motorcycle News /

Harley-Davidson To Downsize Salaried Workforce By 5 Percent Before Year End
As reported during yesterday’s Harley-Davidson 3rd quarter results announcement, the company intends to reorganize its operations and to lighten up its workforce. The management decision is consecutive to Harley-Davidson worldwide retail motorcycle sales in the third... This is a content summary only. Click on headlines for full links, images, other content and more!
60 Cyril Huze Post / by Cyril Huze /

Harley-Davidson Inc. Motorcycles Aren't As Cool Anymore
Also in its third quarter, motorcycle revenue fell 2.9 percent to $788.9 million, while shipments dipped a larger 9.1 percent. Harley-Davidson Inc. is in a bit of an earnings funk, as its signature motorcycles aren't as popular as they used to be.
5 Motorcycle News /

FWIW - The King is dead long live the King...are you certain it is dead or is the King just mostly dead?

MOA members often are smug about their views of the King of the US market, Harley-Davidson. The declining sales and coming layoffs will, no doubt, elicit a variety of on the mark but snide comments.
Carrion or Opportunity
Some will view King H-D as carrion on the side of the road and ride by. BMW Motorrad management sees an opportunity to increase market share at H-D’s expense. The new K1300B is clearly a direct shot at the H-D rider looking to move up to a touring motorcycle appealing to their tastes. BMW is joining Victory, Indian, Triumph and the UJM cruiser crowd in capitalizing on the opportunity.

Why Harley-Davidson's stock pulled a wheelie
Harley isn't the only motorcycle maker that's struggling. According to the Motorcycle Industry Council, registrations slumped about 6 percent to 279,013 for the nine months ended Sept.

Harley-Davidson Inc. (HOG) Stock Rating Reaffirmed by Argus[/url
HOG has been the topic of a number of other research reports. Vetr upgraded Harley-Davidson from a "sell" rating to a "hold" rating and set a $53.25 target price on the stock in a research note on Tuesday, August 23rd.
4 Motorcycle News /

[url=http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-news/triumph-bonneville-t100-launched-in-india-403296.aspx?utm_source=feed&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=Autocar+India+Bikes+feed]Triumph Bonneville T100 launched in India

The Bonneville T100 sits between the Street-Twin and T120 models; priced at Rs 7.78 lakh.
1 Autocar India /

Suzuki shows V-Strom 250 concept
Supposedly, this is a quarter-litre Strom, based on the made-in-China GW250.
40 CMG News / by CMG Staff /

Kawasaki’s insider plans for a self-adjusting seat registered for the next wave of fast bikes
Kawasaki’s insider plans for a self-adjusting seat registered for the next wave of fast bikes. These designs from inside Kawasaki’s offices shows the tech fitted to an H2 hyperbike but the description of the idea that accompanies the drawings says that this idea can easily be applied to more motorcycles in the range. In short, the idea is that at a pre-determined speed (or rate of acceleration) t
2 MoreBikes /

i-c2m4TfT-M.jpg

Milwaukee gets a royal welcome
Royal Enfield combines NA HQ, operating dealership Finally settled into the thriving Third Ward district of Milwaukee, Royal Enfield North America aims to make 2016 its best year yet. The first wholly-owned subsidiary of India-based Royal Enfield, the North American arm now operates from a century-old historic building. “It was an enormous decision to start ...
1 Powersports Business / by Kelsey Houle /

]2017 Kawasaki H2R, H2 and H2 Carbon launched in Indiahttp://www.autocarindia.com/auto-ne...ium=rss&utm_campaign=Autocar+India+Bikes+feed
Recently unveiled at the INTERMOT 2016 show in Cologne, Kawasaki has introduced the latest generation of their hyperbikes in India.
Autocar India /

MC NEWS

Alberta may have another loud pipes crackdown cominghttp://canadamotoguide.com/2016/10/24/alberta-may-have-another-loud-pipes-crackdown-coming/
Strathcona County is looking at doing something about vehicle noise.
CMG News / by CMG Staff /

i-bf7SfLN.jpg

The Standard Motorcycle Co-Op. Come To Wrench With Them, Wherever You Are Located Around The World.
Standard Motorcycle Co. (SMC) is a community driven co-op motorcycle garage and online educational hub for DIY motorcycle enthusiasts. Not only they have opened a collaborative space for all creatives and artisans, designers and DIY builders and newcomers motivated to flex... This is a content summary only. Click on headlines for full links, images, other content and more!
6 Cyril Huze Post / by Cyril Huze /

Is ABS as safe as officials believe?
Europe is mandating ABS on motorcycles and it is being considered in Australia but only now is a survey seeking to find out if ABS is safe in the real world. British road safety researcher Elaine Hardy is seeking riders around the globe who have been involved in a crash on a bike fitted with ABS to fill out her survey. CLICK HERE TO FILL OUT THE SURVEY Elaine has reached out to Motorbike Writer r
38 Motorbike Writer / by Mark Hinchliffe /

Getting Schooled: Reg Pridmore’s CLASS Motorcycle School
CLASS isn’t a racing school—it focuses on applying racing techniques to street riding. Students bring all kinds of bikes to school, from sport tourers to cruisers to sport bikes, and even adventure bikes. The author’s Yamaha FZ-07 is on the right. I’ve been riding motorcycles for 19 years. In that time, I’ve been blessed to have the opportunity to ride with some talented and knowledgeable people;
100+ Rider Magazine /

RoadRUNNER’s Bucket List Roads: Upper Delaware Scenic Byway (NY 97)
What is It? Paralleling the course of the upper Delaware River, this byway was constructed in the 1930s to link Port Jervis, NY with Hancock, NY. From the beginning it was envisioned as both a scenic highway and a means of opening up this western section of New York. Today, it’s one of the favorite East […]
94 RoadRUNNER Motorcycle Touring & Travel Magazine / by RoadRUNNER /

Motorcycle Touring in the Midwest | Change of Season Means Fall Colors
With change of seasons comes the opportunity to get out there in the countryside and enjoy the view; the same goes for motorcyclists. The post Motorcycle Touring in the Midwest | Change of Season Means Fall Colors appeared first on Ultimate MotorCycling .
1 Ultimate MotorCycling / by Gary Ilminen /

Lock and offload
“Yes everyone, I ride.” Be honest, sometimes you like carrying your helmet round town with you, like a badge of honour, don’t you? The novelty wears off if you’re trying to self-serv a meal deal in a Tesco Metro*, or you buy a scolding hot coffee and bacon roll with one in your hand, though […]
3 Motofire / by Phil Turner /

Small-Batch Workwear & Accessories For Motorcycle Riders
Motorcycle Gear Mercy Supply Co. Makes It All Quality-Built, All-Season Riding Gear And Accessories…
1 Baggers / by John Mata Jr. /

England To Grant Electric Motorcycle Subsidies
In the U.S., both cars and motorcycles are eligible for federal credits. For two wheels, that credit is $1,100, with certain states offering further benefits beyond that. Now England will benefit from a similar program, which was, until now, only available for electric cars. Currently, Zero Motorcycles and Energica sell vehicles on both sides of the Atlantic (the Victory Empulse TT is not availab
1 Motorcycle.comMotorcycle.com / by Press Release /

i-bHRXTbS.jpg

New tilting 3-wheeler concept promises wild 52-degree lean angles
The absurdly named Narrow Tilting Vehicle with Non-Tilting Wheels (or NTVNTW) is a narrow track reverse trike that promises an amazing cornering experience with 52 degrees of lean and three flat car tires giving a huge grippy contact patch and excellent stability. .. Continue Reading New tilting 3-wheeler concept promises wild 52-degree lean angles Category: Motorcycles Tags: Three-Wheeler Tiltin
200+ New Atlas / by Loz Blain /

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cPvAtFcmgYc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Published on Oct 21, 2016
There are many types of vehicles in use today, and they all have to share the same roads.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/36AhtDvi7qc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Iceland - Why it's the Most Beautiful Country on Earth! in 4K

i-7gxvLtW-M.jpg

Cages- On the Street and Track

BMW IN THE NEWS

BMW i8 long-term test review: the Autocar team's thoughts
Instead of the care of its usual keeper, the petrol-electric coupé has been thrown into the bear pit that is Autocar HQ — and everyone seems to have an opinion Sharing is caring, they say. The sharer in this tale is Andrew Frankel, the custodian of the BMW i8 long-term test car who sent it off for a summer holiday at Autocar’s Twickenham headquarters. And we all had a jolly good time caring for i
37 Autocar RSS Feed /

i-dsjdrNV-M.jpg

Interview with Hildegard Wortmann, Senior Vice President Brand BMW
At the BMW 100 Years Exhibit in Los Angeles, BMWBLOG sat down with Hildegard Wortmann, Senior Vice President Brand BMW. Ms. Wortmann joined BMW in 1998 and has played a crucial role in the successful re-launch of the MINI brand. She is now a Senior Vice President Brand BMW, responsible for all activities related to the BMW brand. One of the topics we touched on in our interview was the upcoming B
5 Bmw Blog / by Horatiu Boeriu /

BMW reviving 8 series, sources sayhttp://www.autonews.com/article/20161024/OEM04/310249958/bmw-reviving-8-series-sources-say
BMW is reviving the 8 series, the big coupe built from 1989 to 1999, sources tell Automobilwoche, a German sibling publication of Automotive News.
Automotive News Breaking News Feed /

BMW's Krueger: Automaker is innovator in mobilityhttp://www.autonews.com/article/201...ws-krueger-automaker-is-innovator-in-mobility
In a QandA, Harald Krueger, CEO of BMW AG, talks about waging a technology race to establish supremacy with electric and autonomous vehicles.
Automotive News Breaking News Feed

All You Need to Know About BMW-Toyota Sports Carhttp://www.bmwblog.com/2016/10/24/need-know-bmw-toyota-sports-car/
It was four years ago when we first heard about BMW’s deal with Toyota to co-develop a sports car platform. In the official press release back then, neither of the automakers gave as much as of a hint as to what to expect from the venture and apparently, it wasn’t until the end of 2015 that the plans were finalized by the two parties themselves. However, we have now seen prototypes being tested b
1 Bmw Blog / by Surya Solanki /

BMW Blogs :
bimmerfile.com
bmwblog.com

OTHER CAGE NEWS

Baby boomers swap Corvettes for comfort as U.S. sports-car sales fall
Baby boomers are starting to outgrow their midlife crisis years, and that's bad news for automakers who want to sell sports cars.
1 Automotive News Breaking News Feed /

i-sfWCGzH-M.jpg

Mercedes-Benz pickup truck reveal date confirmed
The Mercedes-Benz pickup truck will be revealed on 25 October in concept form. It’ll be based on the Nissan Navara Mercedes-Benz 's pick-up truck will be revealed on 25 October at an event in Sweden, in concept form. Mercedes has already provided a link to the live stream of the car's unveiling on its global YouTube channel, where the placeholder image shows an outline of the pick-up on a paved a
26 Autocar RSS Feed /

Losing the car key
The latest evolution in car keys is on its way -- no car key at all. The future of vehicle entry and engine start is in your smartphone.
22 Automotive News Breaking News Feed /

i-brKkvKp-M.jpg

Oh Hello, Hypercarhttp://www.yankodesign.com/2016/10/24/oh-hello-hypercar/
The more we look, the more we love the Seligia hypercar concept. This low-slung speedster features an ultra-light construction with an aerodynamic body using advanced composite materials, low-drag design, and an advanced hybrid drive. With the power nailed down, the exterior is highly focused on a variety of thoughtfully placed spoilers and active aerodynamics that maximize down force while minim
8 Yanko Design / by Troy Turner /

What a driverless world could look like | Wanis Kabbajhttp://www.ted.com/talks/wanis_kabbaj_what_a_driverless_world_could_look_like
What if traffic flowed through our streets as smoothly and efficiently as blood flows through our veins? Transportation geek Wanis Kabbaj thinks we can find inspiration in the genius of our biology to design the transit systems of the future. In this forward-thinking talk, preview exciting concepts like modular, detachable buses, flying taxis and networks of suspended magnetic pods that could help
16 TEDTalks (video) / by contact@ted.com

Airbus wants to build a self-flying taxi called Vahana
Filed under: Design/Style , Etc. , Green , Misc. Automakers , Transportation Alternatives , Technology , Autonomous , Electric , Future , Specialty If all goes well – a big if, we might add – Vahana could be airborne as early as the end of 2017. Continue reading Airbus wants to build a self-flying taxi called Vahana Airbus wants to build a self-flying taxi called Vahana originally appeared on Aut
39 Autoblog Green / by Jeremy Korzeniews... /

Engineers Rushing to Build Flying Car in Time For the 2020 Tokyo Games
Engineers in Tokyo are attempting to build a flying car that will help light the Olympic cauldron in 2020. And even though they still have a few years, it’s a race against time to achieve what so many other flying car designers have failed to do: Build a safe and reliable flying machine that can handle both the skies and the roads . Read more...
200+ Gizmodo / by Matt Novak on Pal... /

i-LCsFpCX-M.jpg

The Racing Sheet

Andretti still prefers F1 over Formula E
Andretti still prefers F1 over Formula E GrandPrix Motor racing legend Mario Andretti says he still prefers F1 over the pinnacle of motor racing's most modern of alternatives. Today, his son Michael - who also raced in F1 - runs a Formula E team, but 76-year-old Mario says he is no fan of the all ... and more »
1 formula e / GrandPrix /

Formula E's New York Race And Track Layout Unveiled (w/video)
InsideEVs Formula E's New York Race And Track Layout Unveiled (w/video) InsideEVs “Lower Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty will form a dramatic backdrop to the inaugural New York City ePrix, which the FIA Formula E Championship, the world's first fully-electric racing series, today confirmed will take place in Red Hook, Brooklyn. and more »
2 formula e / InsideEVs /

Route unveiled for Montreal Formula E races
Montreal Gazette Route unveiled for Montreal Formula E races Montreal Gazette The street circuit for the first Formula E races to be hosted in Montreal was unveiled by Mayor Denis Coderre Friday. The cars, which can reach speeds of about 220 kilometres per hour, will be making Montreal their final stop of the championship on ... Montreal Formula E event based close to Formula 1 track autosport.com Formula E unveils track layout for season fi
64 formula e / Montreal Gazette /

What's the Difference Between F1, IndyCar, Formula E, and WRC?
What's the Difference Between F1, IndyCar, Formula E , and WRC? Gas 2.0 How are the cars from Formula 1 and IndyCar different? How are they the same? How do they compare to the all-electric Formula E racers and how do those stack up to GP2 cars, IndyLights, or even championship go-karts? If you've ever had thoughts like ...
7 formula e / Gas 2.0 /

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Rz7oyLy-g04" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Under the hood of the mysterious McLaren Technology Centerhttp://newatlas.com/mclaren-technology-center-tour/46027/
As headquarters go, few come can come close to the McLaren Technology Center (MTC) for sheer drama. Designed by Sir Norman Foster, the kidney shaped building was opened by Queen Elizabeth II in 2004 and serves as the base for the company's automotive arm, Formula 1 team and the boffins at McLaren Applied Technologies. It also wouldn't look out of place in a James Bond film. New Atlas, guided by A
63 New Atlas / by Scott Collie /

i-grqwZr7-Th.jpg
FWIW

Neiman Marcus Wants You to Put a $1.5 Million Rose Gold Private Plane On Your Christmas List
If you’re the type who insists that your rose gold smartphone matches your wardrobe, then Neiman Marcus has got the perfect accessory for you: a $1.5 million three-seater private plane featuring a rose gold finish—inside and out. Read more...
1K Gizmodo / by Andrew Liszewski /

i-4Q655Nz-M.jpg

Stack Your Firewood Perfectly to Last the Winter With This Graphic
In the wise words of notable Westerosi meteorologist Ned Stark, “Winter will be arriving soon.” If you’re planning to store firewood for the long haul, this graphic teaches you how to do it right. As this chart from the Art of Manliness points out, just putting firewood in a haphazard pile can cause you some problems down the road. You want your firewood to be able to dry while it’s stacked, so i
72 Lifehacker / by Eric Ravenscraft /

0876-S.jpg

BIKE CANDY Facebike Edition

i-6xWFQcd-L.jpg

Facebike Photo Galleryhttps://m1ka.smugmug.com/photos/swfpopup.mg?AlbumKey=BtNRKp

Once again as complete a Facebook source list as I kept over the month. In the order I wrote them down.

Ural Motorcycles, Classic Motorcycle Communities, Vintage and Classic BMW Motorcycles USA, Hook Motors, Classic Motorcycle Mechanic, Dual Sport Delinquents, Cafe Racer Dreams, BMW Airheads Down Under, New Zealand Airhead Community, BikeEXIF, Cafe Racers Magazine, BMW K Classic Motorcycles, Wheels Through TIme, Moto Sketches, Motorcycles 1867-1930, Deus Ex Machina Motorcycles, BMW Motorrad Deutschland, Horizons Unlimited, BMW Art & Wallpapers, BMW GS Owners Club, OTL Magazine, Flat Racers, Lucky Cat Garage, BMW 1600 GT/GTL Lovers, BMW UK, Goodwood Festival of Speed, Iron Invasion, Race Logic, OZ’den, Special Racer, 8Negro, Revival Cycles, Boxer Metal, BMW MOA and I am certain several more.

I hope you find something you enjoy in this. Facebike will be put on hold for now. I want to figure out a better way of attributing and deal with the collection obsession.

Tuesday Reader: 01 November 2016 - Flight Delayed Edition

i-kV6CtVj-L.jpg

Beemer

Bmw Motorrad Set For Record Breaking Year At Motorcycle Live
The UK's biggest and most important bike show - Motorcycle Live - will be starting at the NEC in Birmingham on Saturday 19th November. You'll be able to see just about every motorcycle on sale in 2017, meet racers and famous riders and get involved in all sorts of entertainment. Here's our guide to Motorcycle Live 2016 Where, when and how? Motorcycle Live, often referred to as the ‘The Bike Show’
46 Bmw Motorrad Uk. / by BMW Motorrad UK /

Bimmer

The all-new BMW ALPINA B7 xDrive – additional pictures.
Woodcliff Lake, N.J.: November 1, 2016. . . Power, Dynamics and Luxury combined for class-leading performance and a superior driving experience – the all-new 2017 BMW ALPINA B7 xDrive.
1 BMW Group PressClub USA /

BMW M Performance Parts and Original BMW Accessories at 2016 SEMA Show in Las Vegas.
Wide spectrum of sporty and functional accessories for the BMW model range. •New concept M Performance light alloy wheel. •New rear wing for the BMW M3. •New coilover suspension for the BMW M3 and BMW M4. •M Performance Power & Sound Kit enhances both performance and sound. •M Performance Packages combine attractive individual options. •Smart remote engine start function for convenient interior ai

BMW Group News

Personnel changes at the BMW Group
BMW Group plants Dingolfing, Regensburg and Spartanburg and Corporate Quality under new management

BMW Group U.S. Reports October 2016 Sales
Woodcliff Lake, NJ – November 1, 2016… Sales of BMW brand vehicles decreased 18.4 percent in October for a total of 24,017 compared to 29,439 vehicles sold in October, 2015. Year-to-date, the BMW brand is down 9.0 percent in the U.S. on sales of 254,150 vehicles compared to 279,395 sold in the first ten months of 2015.

FWIW No Motorrad sales are included in this Group U.S. sales report.

Leadership Change at BMW’s South Carolina Plant.
Spartanburg, S.C. Manfred Erlacher, who has been President and CEO of BMW Manufacturing in Spartanburg, SC, for three years, will assume new responsibilities as the Managing Director of BMW Plant Regensburg beginning February 1, 2017. Succeeding Erlacher will be Knudt Flor, currently responsible for BMW Group Corporate Quality. The handover takes place December 1, 2016.

QUARTERLY REPORT TO 30 SEPTEMBER 2016.
At around 7:30 am on 4 November 2016 you will find here the Quarterly Report to 30 September 2016 of the BMW Group.

FWIW This is coming out later than I expected. I will post once I have a scanned the report and have a link.

MINI

FIA Cross Country World Cup – round nine: Final race of the season sees MINI ALL4 Racing victorious at 2016 Baja Portalegre 500.
Portuguese duo Ricardo Porém and Filipe Palmeiro win the 30th edition of Baja Portalegre 500 at the controls of a MINI ALL4 Racing. Porém enters the record books with his third consecutive win of Baja Portalegre 500.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OB54aV5J5SA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Eye-catching and multi-faceted. The design of the new MINI Countryman.
Munich. The new, second-generation MINI Countryman represents a more distinctive and mature proposition than its predecessor. A striking design language envelops the exterior of the urban all-rounder, while the interior is awash with creative details underscoring the premium character of the new MINI Countryman.

i-7PCGQTD.png
Recalls

POLARIS issued a recall on the SLINGSHOT model
On certain vehicles, there may be insufficient clearance between the fuel line and hood structure. This can result in abrasion of the fuel line, which could result in a potential fuel leak. A fuel leak in the...

On certain vehicles, the brake pressure switch may have been over torqued during manufacturing. After a period of non-use, this could cause the brake seal to leak, resulting in increased brake pedal travel and...

On certain vehicles, due to a defect in manufacturing, the rear swing arm may not meet strength specifications. This could result in the potential for the swing arm to fracture if the vehicle were to strike a...

TRIUMPH issued a recall on the BONNEVILLE T120, BONNEVILLE BLACK, BONNEVILLE, STREET TWIN, and THRUXTON models
*** This notice is provided for information purposes only as the subject equipment is not regulated under the Motor Vehicle Safety Act *** A safety defect may exist in some aftermarket front brake levers. In...

Bmw ( 16v746000 )
Dated: OCT 13, 2016 BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain model year 2007-2011 BMW X5 3.0si, X5 4.8i, X5 M, X5 xDrive30i, X5 xDrive35i, X5 xDrive48i and X5 xDrive50i, 2008-2011 X6 x Drive35i, X6 xDrive50i ...
6 Vehicles Recalls /

Search for Recalls Here

On the BMW MOA Forum > The Garage > Links and References > Listing of Recall Notices

i-HzX4qLr-M.jpg

BMW MOTORRAD IN THE NEWS

Announcing Alpha Taper Slip-on for 2012-16 BMW S1000RR
CHINO, CA – October 27, 2016 – ( Motor Sports Newswire ) – Yoshimura is excited to announce our new Alpha-T slip on for the ever popular BMW S1000RR. Our Alpha-T picks up where its older sibling the R-55-LE leaves off. Performance is up nicely on both torque and horsepower over stock. The new Alpha-T smooths out a dead spot on the torque curve, and adds 2.1 HP at peak. The weight savings over the

OTHER MANUFACTURERS

The return of BSA
Image: New BSA to be launched globally in two years

1 Visordown /

Jawa returns, thanks to M&M
Indian giant Mahindra & Mahindra to breathe new lease of life into well-known-in-India Czechoslovakian bike brand.
1 Autocar India /

Mojo to become Mahindra's premium bike brand
Mahindra Two-Wheelers plans to move away from smaller bikes and convert Mojo into their unified brand for premium motorcycles.
1 Autocar India /

MV Agusta hints at Strato street tracker
This teaser video of an MV Agusta Progetto Memento Strato street tracker concept seems to show MV on a model offensive with four race replicas also unveiled in the past couple of weeks. At the moment it’s being referred to as Progetto Memento which suggests it’s just a project or concept, rather than a production-ready model. However, the video also refers to the trademarked name “Strato” which i
4 Motorbike Writer / by Mark Hinchliffe /

Ariel Ace R Set to Debut, Only 10 Will Be Made
Remember the Ariel Ace? The VFR1200F-powered street bike from the revived British brand? The attractive street bike is about to get an even sportier sibling (sketched above), as the Ariel Ace R is set to debut at the NEC Motorcycle Live show, this November. Unless you are well-coined, the NEC […] The post Ariel Ace R Set to Debut, Only 10 Will Be Made appeared first on Asphalt & Rubber .
42 Asphalt & Rubber » Asphalt & Rubber / by Jensen Beeler /

Victory Launches ‘Thank a Hero’ Program
Photo: Victory Motorcycles Victory Motorcycles is proud to launch the “Thank A Hero” program, which invites the public to thank a military veteran or active service member with a personalized note posted to the VictoryMotorcycles.co m website. Launching today, November 1, the beginning of Military Appreciation Month, the Thank A Hero program benefits Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA
4 Rider Magazine / by jsmith /

Energica to reveal latest concept electric motorcycle at EICMA
Italian electric motorcycle firm to showcase new concept at EICMA. It’s their sixth consecutive year at the EICMA show in Milan, and whilst the majority of those showings have centered around either the Ego and Eva offerings, this year we’re expecting something new from Energica, the Modena-based company. An entirely new concept machine which – […]
1 Motofire /

Video: KTM shows its SEXY new MotoGP motor in SERIOUS detail!
Check out this awesome video of the new MotoGP motor from KTM being put through its paces. The footage has been released by the factory well ahead of the bike’s MotoGP debut at Valencia at the end of the year in a wildcard race debut. You can see loads of detail in the film including the complete lay-out of the 90 degree V4 complete with exhausts. Watch it and – especially at 1:43 – make sure you
2 MoreBikes /

Royal Enfield sales rise 33% in October
Sales in the domestic market stood at 58,369 units as against 44,138 units in the same month last year, up 32.24 per cent.
1 Auto-Industry-The Economic Times /

Why You'd Have to Be Crazy to Buy Harley-Davidson Stock Right Now
The big bike maker's stock surged after earnings, but there's little reason for it to be moving higher. stock like it should have for yet another quarter of disappointing results, the market has instead bid up its shares 14% as investors ignored falling sales, weakening profits, and continued losses of industry share in favor of cost-cutting and a new engine helping to rev up a turnaround.
5 Motorcycle News /

Polaris Industries Inc. - 10-Q - Quarterly Report
1 Polaris Industries Inc. SEC Filings /

MC NEWS

Detailed Analysis of Risk Factors from the Motorcycle Safety Foundation MSF 100 Motorcyclists Naturalistic Study Yields Detailed Results
Research paper, “Factors that Increase and Decrease Motorcyclist Crash Risk,” now available Analysis reveals 12 factors that increase the risk of crashing and five factors that decrease the risk of crashing MSF 100 Motorcyclists Naturalistic Study is the first of its kind Data gathered during the study will fuel deep analysis and traffic safety improvement strategies for years to come Results pre
90 motorsportsnewswire / by Motor Sports News... /

Surviving the Devil Drivers
Tips and tech Okay, maybe they aren't devils but you should steer clear of the mistakes drivers can make Being a motorcyclist among drivers can be dangerous so stay safe from the red-light runners, stop-sign runners, or those drivers who cross the line—literally.
400+ Motorcycle Cruiser / by Art Friedman /

FGR is new king of motorcycle motors
The 2.5-litre V6 FGR Midalu has gazumped the Triumph Rocket III at 2.3-litres for the title of the world’s biggest production motorcycle engine capacity. While the Rocket had three cylinders of 728cc each and 108kW (146bhp) of power and 220Nm of torque. It looks miniature compared with the FGR’s 2.5-litre and 179kW (240hp) and 160Nm. Just listen to it! There is no price tag made public. Instead,
31 Motorbike Writer / by Mark Hinchliffe /

Polaris Slingshot Kid Rock SS-R Concept Rocks Hard
Turbocharged concept pays tribute to Detroit’s legendary bad-boy rocker LAS VEGAS , NV – November 1, 2016 – ( Motor Sports Newswire ) – Slingshot ® and Bob Fehan Motorsports have teamed up to build the ultimate tribute to Detroit’s bad-boy rocker Kid Rock — the turbocharged Slingshot Kid Rock SS-R concept. Introduced today as a featured vehicle at the SEMA Show in Las Vegas , the Kid Rock SS-R tu

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rFIr8BZCaLk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Video: How to Ride a Sidecar
Every motorcyclist should ride a sidecar at some point in their life, if for no other reason than to live on the wild side. If you really want to get silly with it, you should take vintage-fueled romp on a Ural – a Russian sidecar that is “based” off a […] The post Video: How to Ride a Sidecar appeared first on Asphalt & Rubber .
35 Asphalt & Rubber » Asphalt & Rubber / by Jensen Beeler /

Barn find outfits and Brough trio for sale
Four historic motorcycle sidecar outfits that were a barn find and three legendary Brough Superiors are being auctioned at the H&H Classics Donington sale on November 16, 2016. Recently a pair of creaking barn doors swung open to reveal a jackpot. There were four motorbikes with sidecars from the 1920s and 1930s covered in the dust of two decades in Gloucestershire. They had been collected by the
12 Motorbike Writer / by Mark Hinchliffe /

Skidmarks – Worse Than Nothing
“It’s clear to me that more of us are dying because there are too many people who really shouldn’t ride motorcycles and the industry and advocacy groups do nothing to discourage them.” —Gabe Ets-Hokin, “So Why Are we Dying?,” CityBike Magazine, August 2012. Is formal rider training worse than nothing? Back when the Hurt Report came out, there was almost no formal rider training in the United Stat
93 Motorcycle.comMotorcycle.com / by Gabe Ets-Hokin /

i-rG2hNk6-M.jpg

OTHER CAGE NEWS

McLaren F1 crowned Greatest Supercar Ever at Classic & Sports Car Show
John Surtees, CBE, stands beside the McLaren F1 Alexandra Palace hosted the Classic and Sports Car Show over the weekend; McLaren's iconic V12 supercar took centre stage This year's Classic & Sports Car Show crowned the McLaren F1 as winner of its Greatest Supercar Ever competition, which allowed the public to vote for their favourite supercar from the past 100 years. A significant 30% of a total
13 Autocar RSS Feed /

One-off crash test demonstrates poor safety standards in developing countries
A one-off crash test between a 2016 Nissan Versa from the USA, and a 2015 Nissan Tsuru from Mexico has demonstrated the gulf in safety standards A car-to-car crash test has demonstrated the huge gulf in automotive safety standards between different countries. The test between entry-level compact saloons from Mexico and the US resulted in catastrophic damage to the Mexican car, while the American
8 Autocar RSS Feed /

U.S. sales expected to fall in Oct. for third straight month
U.S. new-vehicle sales are expected to decline for a third consecutive month, but the industry's selling rate could reach its highest point of the year because of the way October falls in the calendar.
100+ Automotive News Breaking News Feed /

The Racing Sheet

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hM-x7xmX6DU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6oo3jvo7rDg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/I-rcyaigrcE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Why Are Electric Cars Becoming More Popular? - Formula E
Motorsport.com, Edition: Global Why Are Electric Cars Becoming More Popular? - Formula E Motorsport.com, Edition: Global Formula E is a new FIA motorsport championship featuring single-seater cars powered exclusively by electric energy and representing a vision for the future of the motor industry. 10 teams will race 10 street circuits in cities around the world during ...
3 formula e / Motorsport.com, Edition: Global /

Audi To Exit Le Mans, Will Focus On Formula E
InsideEVs Audi To Exit Le Mans, Will Focus On Formula E InsideEVs Just a month ago Audi announced its full commitment to the Formula E with the ABT Schaeffler Audi Sport, which in the fourth season (2017/2018) will become Audi's official factory team. But because Audi's budget isn't what it used to be, the German ... Audi switches to Formula E from World Endurance Championship Inquirer.net This week on evo - Fiesta ST200 v rivals, Audi leaves
19 formula e / InsideEVs /

Why Audi is dropping Le Mans for Formula E
Alphr Why Audi is dropping Le Mans for Formula E Alphr I'll be writing about Formula E in more detail soon, but it's clear to see why the carmaker is focusing its efforts on the all-electric series. Motorsport is about development of technology – and to an extent, marketing – and Formula E offers the best ... Audi has ditched endurance racing for Formula E Top Gear Audi quits Le Mans and WEC for Formula E Autocar Audi quits WEC to focu
9 formula e / Alphr /

Ross Brawn tipped to take over Formula 1
A report by German media suggests the former Ferrari and Mercedes boss has signed a deal with F1 owner, Liberty Media Ross Brawn is set to take over the helm of Formula 1 's sporting regulations, according to reports. Auto Bild Motorsport claims that the former boss of Ferrari and Mercedes ’ racing teams has signed a deal with F1’s owner, Liberty Media, to run the sporting side of Formula 1 in fu
14 Autocar RSS Feed

i-grqwZr7-Th.jpg
FWIW

i-WbtNZ3T-M.jpg

Royal College of Art vehicle design winners revealed
The RCA and Royal Automobile Club’s Continental Connection design competition winners have been revealed, with a two-wheeled car winning overall A two-wheeled car has won the Royal College of Art (RCA) and Royal Automobile Club (RAC) Continental Connection design competition. One winner from each of the RCA’s vehicle design course groups was chosen, while the overall winner was Yang Liu, who pres
6 Autocar RSS Feed /

HondaJet Sales to Expand to Middle Americas
ORLANDO, Fla., USA - Honda Aircraft Company announced that it has expanded sales of the HondaJet to Middle Americas with the appointment of SYI Aviation, based in Panama City, Panama as the newest HondaJet dealer.
1 Honda World News /

Boeing lands patent for VTOL passenger plane
If you're one of the millions of air travelers who must drive by half a dozen perfectly good small airfields to get to a passenger airport, there may be hope yet. Boeing has been awarded a patent for a tilt rotor Vertical TakeOff and Landing (VTOL) aircraft capable of carrying up to 100 passengers. By combining vertical lift and hover capacity of a helicopter with the speed and range of a convent
300+ New Atlas / by David Szondy /

0876-S.jpg

BIKE CANDY

i-7kFwtsv.jpg

‘85 BMW K100 – Wrench Kings
You’re a fly on the wall of a BMW Motorrad meeting in Germany in 1977. Much to your horror, you witness what looks to be the end of the company happening right before your very eyes. Faced with the massive challenges of Japanese dominance, the ‘death’ of the boxer twin and big new emissions regulations, the company’s Kaisers are about to sign off what looks to be a train wreck on two wheels. They
2K Pipeburn.com / by Andrew /

i-VBrbNKK-L.jpg

Turbo K 1100 / JV Performances
- JV performances - Photos by Yanick Buschi
1 Ottonero Cafe Racer / by Otto Nero /

i-h4CRhBr-L.jpg

WalzWerk BMW SCHIZZO® Cafe Racer
SCHIZZO® Cafe-Racer, based on a BMW R80RT equipped with a modified and blueprinted R100RS engine with 1070cc and a full adjustable Kess Tech exhaust system. All carbon fiber parts are one offs. Almost 90% of the parts on all the SCHIZZO® we build are new, only frame, gas tank, wheels and engine case are the original ones. So actually every single SCHIZZO® is a brandnew bike with an old title and
1K RocketGarage Cafe Racer / by Rocket Garage /

i-VbN9hM8-L.jpg

ELF 2 Vs. Cam
2 Ottonero Cafe Racer / by Otto Nero /

i-MBZRZs6.jpg

Gary Nixons 1976 Kanemoto Kawasaki KR750
Spotted recently in an AMA newsletter, the bike that almost won the first roadracing world championship for an American but didn’t: Legendary tuner Erv Kanemoto built this one for Gary Nixon to campaign in the 1976 FIM Formula 750 series. According to the story at the AMA site , Kanemoto built a much stronger new frame from large-diameter, thin-wall tubing, which positioned the shocks in a more l
1 Motorcycle.comMotorcycle.com /

Monday, 7 November 2016

i-XtKBVkT-M.png

BMW Group Quarterly Report to 30 September 2016https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/glob...w-group-quarterly-report-to-30-september-2016
04.11.2016Press Release
BMW Group Quarterly Report to 30 September 2016
BMW AG release the Q3 report on Friday the 4th of November. Quickly it was mixed in with other reading I needed to complete and other demands. These are my main reasons for delaying in writing comments and posting links to the report and related speeches by executives. The truth is, I found new things that peaked my curiosity every time I sat down and looked at the report. I will begin with the US sales numbers and then back out to more general comments.

May 2016 is the last time BMW Group US reported US sales. They were not called out, by corporate, in the Q2 report. They are listed in the Motorrad Segment narrative.

May: 2016 / 2015 1221 / 2034 -40%
Y-T-D: 2016 / 2015 5641 / 6821 - 17.3%

The Q3 report comments: On the highly competitive, but contracting US market, sales fell short of their previous year’s level and totalled 10,948 units (2015: 13,362 units; – 18.1 %).

The 2016 US market has been an anomaly. Global motorcycle sales have been on the rise while on the decline here. Within this declining market the number of brands competing for market share with increasingly diversified product lines is on the increase. The competition is cutthroat.

Harley - Davidson, the long term US big dog, has seen sales decline and some dealers closing. The still relatively new Polaris kids on that block, Victory and Indian, have seen double digit increases.

BMW sales have been challenged on a variety of fronts. UJM and KTM have pressured the S1000 line. This has been the new leader in sales. The usual suspects and more have been taking shots at the GS segment of BMW sales. Finally, despite traditional Roundel rider wisdom, H-D, Victory, Indian, UJM, and others are cutting into BMW’s long distance rider market share.

The competition has been stiff, but why is the US market contracting while others are expanding?

The election is having an impact. But that is far too simplistic an explanation. No matter how you view the economy politically, consumer sales have it chugging along. What makes up that bag of consumer sales is very mixed.

The automotive segment is used as an indicator and sales have been down overall. However, if you have been digging into some of the posts in the cage segment that trend is not universal. Premium and performance brands (think Rolls Royce/Bentley, Ferrari, Aston Martin etc) have been doing well along with some other definable niche automotive segments. Given more data to look at we might find motorcycles fall into a class of consumer products targeted at people who are more risk averse, in this election cycle, than others. I don’t have the data to prove this theory so it is just part of my story and I’m sticking to it.

I believe the explanation is simple. 2015 was a really good year in the US for all the participants. The combination of an exciting EIMCA round of releases before the start of the sales year along with the excitement and hype around the 75th Sturgis event drew a lot of people into showrooms and sent them out on motorcycles. BMW came into the year with a revitalized product line and feasted on it.

We all have our own explanations and takeaways for this year’s sales numbers. I expect a bounce back in 2017. Yippie! With the exception of the Polaris kids, remember the sales increase brands will be touting will be going against weak or tepid 2016 sales.

BMW MOTORRAD SEGMENT - Global

(From the Press Release) Continued sales volume growth for Motorcycles segment

The Motorcycles segment continues to perform well. Worldwide sales of BMW motorcycles and maxi-scooters during the three-month period from July to Septembertotalled 35,290 units, 3.8% more than the previous year. Third-quarter segment revenues amounted to € 451 million (2015: € 454 million; -0.7%). Earnings were also down on the previous year, mainly due to expenses incurred during the start-up phase of a number of projects connected with implementing BMW Motorrad’s new strategy. EBITcame in at € 32 million (2015: € 46 million; -30.4%), while profit before tax also finished at € 32 million (2015: € 45 million; -28.9%).

The segment delivered 116,044 (2015: 112,411) motorcycles and maxi-scooters to customers during the first nine months of the year, an increase of 3.2% compared to the previous year. At € 1,650 million, segment revenues were similar to the previous year (2015: € 1,643 million: +0.4%). EBIT amounted to € 224 million (2015: € 273 million; -17.9%), while profit before tax finished at € 223 million (2015: € 271 million; -17.7%).

I always enjoy reading BMW quarterly and annual reports. I find them good creative non-fiction business storytelling. With three automotive segments, a financial segment and our beloved motorrad segment often it can be read as an expansive Game of Thrones episode. Some reports seem nerdy dry Dragnet scripts with Joe Friday giving us nothing but the facts and Gannon smirking and nodding his head.

The 2016 Q3 report is a bit of both, but with a bit of Shakespeare. The action and actor speeches in his plays gives hints of things to come in his plays. In less subtle form, asides smack us in the face with portents and observations of where things are going. In no particular order, here are some of the portents, observations and asides that caught my attention.

SALES MIX - REVENUE

Depending on you documentation methodology, BMW Motorrad is on its third or fourth iteration in the twenty first century. In this most recent iteration markets have expanded and product line mix is starting to show an impact. Globally sales have increased 3.2% but related revenues have only risen 0.4%. In this and previous reports this disparity was often attributed to currency issues. What is different in this report is the issue of sales mix having an impact on revenue. This comes in two parts.

The report points to a product mix shift. Increases in F model deliveries, R nineT and early G310R motorcycles have helped with the unit sales numbers, but have lower prices thus decreasing overall revenue. Managing all the issues around product sales mix in an expanding product line will continue to pressure the tension between unit sales / revenue / investor expectations.

”Above -budget” sales in Latin America” sums up, for this report, the market implications for this topic. In previous iterations of BMW AG, the Motorrad Segment would establish a production goal/capacity and allocate portions of that number to various markets such as the US. If you sell out...great!; if you don’t...carryover sale. Shifting from centralized production to an increasingly global assembly model utilizing local and regional suppliers allows BMW AG to maximize sales while making their management job more dynamic and complex.

These two will be something to watch as this iteration matures.

INVENTORY

In the Joe Friday weeds of the report unit sales are shown as greater than production. Anomalous at first blush, this indicates BMW Motorrad is doing a good job of managing its inventory. Excess inventory turns into expense. This is an ongoing management challenge but in this case is a short term observation. The long term key data points may shift in this iteration.

How will G310R and other models produced by TVS be reported? How will similar models and others assembled in Manaus and future assembly plants be reported. Analyst and Roundel Geeks watching the inventory numbers will be driving deeper into the report. In the centralized model there was more of a 1:1 relationship between units produced and parts inventory. In the new global assembly model, parts management rather than carry over models will be the increasingly important metric in evaluating BMW’s inventory management.

EMPLOYEES

Historically the employee numbers for BMW have been stable. Step level increases have happened; however, the company has done a good job utilizing technology and production improvements to curtail big swings in employees and related expenses. The report shows a significant increase company wide and a ten percent increase for the Motorrad Segment.

Increase in workforce size
The BMW Group employed 3,399 people in the Motorcycles segment at 30 September 2016 (2015: 3,079 employees; + 10.4 %).

The production shift in Brazil, from contracted CKD assembly to a BMW AG owned and operated production plant accounts for the vast majority of these new employees. The balance are spread around in various markets staffing changes as a result of the latest iteration.

In the near term this should be a stable number. I look for long term changes. The new Thailand production plant has been considered as a candidate for mixed automotive and motorcycle production on the same assembly lines. BMW’s planned Indian expansion of the above 500cc product would seem to require some sort of CKD assembly agreement. Is this a role TVS would take on? Or, is the BMW Chennai automotive assembly plant a possibility?

The market reacted negatively to Q1 increases in staffing. It will no doubt pay close attention to how this is managed and plays out over the long term. We follow BMW reports because we are curious about the company that makes the motorcycles we ride. The market is obsessed with the money they make doing that. Staffing is a major factor in how much drops to the bottom line and investor pockets.

FORWARD LOOKING (a.k.a. Future Fudge)

Historically, BMW likes to front end load expenses for new products, plants and more. Looking backward over 2016, the Q3 report alludes to this in explaining expenses. In a forward looking commet about Q4 the authors suggest this could continue in the final quarter. If revenues continue in a positive direction, potentially yielding greater than projected profits/share value, additional expenses may be front end loaded to bring the value in at budget for the year.

How this would be spread out over the segments is not talked about. It could be done segment by segment with a roll up at the end. Or, a final number could be reached and then allocated out to the segments to absorb. Either way I expect the Motorrad Segment to show more front end loaded expenses in Q4. My pure guess is these would tease out as more Manaus Assembly Plant expenses and design/development expense related to the US market specific products announced at the L:A show.

Sunday I dropped the top on the Red Sled and drove around doing various things on a spectacular day in Fly-Over-Land. I finished with blast on the Roadster down some winding roads to the South West. Shakespeare kept whispering things in my ear all the time. But those are for another time.

BMW Group combines successful core business with future-focussed strategic decisions
https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/glob...ness-with-future-focussed-strategic-decisions
04.11.2016 Press Release

Statement by Dr. Friedrich Eichiner, Member of the Board of Management of BMW AG, Finance, Conference Call Interim Report to 30 September 2016https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/glob...ence-call-interim-report-to-30-september-2016
04.11.2016Speech
Statement Dr. Eichiner Conference Call Q3 2016
Statement by Harald Krüger, Chairman of the Board of Management of BMW AG, Conference Call Interim Report to 30 September 2016
04.11.2016 Speech
Statement Krüger Conference Call Q3 2016

Tuesday Reader: 8 November 2016

The MotherShip - EIMCA

i-CQfxNqG-L.jpg

The motorcycle season sees an early January start with the LEGO® Technic BMW R 1200 GS Adventure.
A detailed model of the BMW R 1200 GS Adventure developed by BMW Motorrad and LEGO Technic goes on sale from 01 January 2017. The model set – consisting of 603 parts – is the product of close collaboration between the LEGO Technic and BMW Motorrad design teams. Combining innovative design with the art of engineering, it is the first ever LEGO Technic model to be produced in cooperation with a moto
5 BMW Group PressClub Global /

i-PMVrS3c-L.jpg

The new BMW R nineT and R nineT Urban G/S.
The new R nineT and R nineT Urban G/S: refined roadster with boutique manufacturing character and boxer feeling in a classic enduro outfit.

i-9WQZkzq-L.jpg

The new BMW R 1200 GS.
“BMW GS” has stood for universal motorcycling pleasure for more than 35 years: “GS” embodies the ideal combination of touring and long distance suitability, dynamic performance and off-road capability. This applies especially to the BMW GS motorcycles with a flat-twin boxer engine. They are the perfect companions in extreme conditions when it comes to exploring the most remote corners of the earth.

Supreme On All Terrain – The New Bmw R 1200 Gs
The unique overall concept of the R 1200 GS, with its down-to-earth character and powerful high-torque engine, thrills a large number of motorcycle fans all over the world. There is a reason this motorcycle has dominated its market segment for many years and is the top-seller within the BMW Motorrad model range. With the new R 1200 GS, BMW Motorrad expands the GS portfolio not only in the form of
26 Bmw Motorrad Uk. / by BMW Motorrad UK /

i-6Wb8xJV-L.jpg

The new BMW G 310 GS.
The new BMW G 310 GS – ready for everday adventures. As far as BMW Motorrad is concerned, GS is a promise – a promise of perfect functioning, reliability and robustness. The G 310 GS transfers these qualities to the below 500cc capacity segment, embracing them in its own distinctive, mature interpretation.

i-C7SKdXN-L.jpg

BMW Motorrad presents the new BMW K 1600 GTL. The luxurious performance touring bike has been further refined and optimised.
With unrivalled running smoothness, an inimitable sound and the supreme power of its 118 kW (160 hp) 6-cylinder in-line engine, the extensively fitted BMW K 1600 GTL already provided incomparable dynamic travel pleasure in its existing form. In the revised version, BMW Motorrad has now optimised the luxurious performance touring bike even further.

K 1600 Gtl: Unrivalled Luxury
With unrivalled running smoothness, an inimitable sound and the supreme power of its 118 kW (160 hp) six-cylinder in-line engine, the extensively fitted BMW K 1600 GTL already provided incomparable dynamic travel pleasure in its existing form. In the revised version, BMW Motorrad has now optimised the luxurious performance touring bike even further. The appearance of the new K 1600 GTL is especia
9 Bmw Motorrad Uk. / by BMW Motorrad UK /

BMW Motorrad revises the F 800 R and F 800 GT. Sporty riding pleasure and dynamic touring in enhanced form.
BMW Motorrad enhances its broad product range in the popular mid-range category by revising the F 800 R roadster and the sports touring bike F 800 GT. The BMW Motorrad 2-cylinder machines have always cut a great figure – whether for urban cruising, enjoying winding country roads in sporty style or dynamic touring with a pillion passenger and luggage. This applies more than ever to the current vers
9 BMW Group PressClub Global /

i-WNBqxXP-L.jpg

F 800 R And F 800 Gt Get Enhanced
Sporty riding pleasure and dynamic touring in an enhanced form. BMW Motorrad enhances its broad product range in the popular mid-range category by revising the F 800 R roadster and the sports touring bike F 800 GT. The BMW Motorrad two-cylinder machines have always cut a great figure – whether for urban cruising, enjoying winding country roads in sporty style or dynamic touring with a pillion pas
9 Bmw Motorrad Uk. / by BMW Motorrad UK /

i-FLvHKS9.jpg

BMW HP4 RACE – fast approaching…
There were many welcome surprises at the BMW Motorrad press conference at the EICMA motorcycle exhibition in Milan, Italy, but perhaps the biggest one of all was reserved right until the end of BMW Motorrad President Stephan Schaller’s welcome speech. ...
BMW Motorrad News /

BMW Motorrad presents ConnectedRide concept.
Our professional and personal lives are now shaped by a highly digitalised and networked world, and the automotive industry has already developed numerous innovations in response to this trend. For example, BMW Automobile already offers tailored digital services such as the BMW Connected App, a personalised digital mobility tool that assists the driver with tasks such as scheduling and trip ...
1 BMW Motorrad News /

Ride with Style – and look just as good off the bike too!
As the BMW Motorrad range continues to expand into new segments – particularly the heritage sector – the brand’s rider clothing collections have also increased correspondingly, to reflect the ever broadening appeal of the current product line-up. A whole host of exciting new designs has just been unveiled, from helmets, leathers, boots and gloves, to an entirely new range of jeans, ensuring that
1 BMW Motorrad News /

Refined Roadster – R Nine T
When BMW Motorrad launched the R nineT in 2013, it was clearly more than just a roadster based on a classic role model. From the outset, the R nineT combined classic motorcycle design and modern technology with sophisticated craftsmanship, as demonstrated by the aluminium fuel tank with brushed side surfaces, for example. In numerous components, the model also reflected the R nineT team's fond at
12 Bmw Motorrad Uk. / by BMW Motorrad UK /

The Thrill Of Gs For All – G 310 Gs
The thrill and pleasure of adventure is more accessible than ever with the introduction of the G 310 GS. Small or tall, the 313 cc motorcycle is infinitely controllable and an endless joy to ride. Building on the base of the G 310 R, the Spirit of GS is now available to more riders than ever. Mirroring the look of the class-defining BMW R 1200 GS, the G 310 GS proudly displays its family heritage
Bmw Motorrad Uk. / by BMW Motorrad UK /

BMW Group News

i-3DzDTmg-L.jpg

Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este 2017: From the beginnings of automobile construction to the concepts of tomorrow.
BMW Group Classic and the Grand Hotel Villa d’Este will present the world’s most exclusive and traditional heritage beauty contest for historic vehicles from 26 to 28 May 2017 +++ The motto will be: “Around the World in 80 Days – Voyage through an Era of Records” +++ Selecting Committee defines the first five classes.

ROUNDEL MOTORSPORTS

[url=https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/global/article/detail/T0265811EN/japanese-bmw-s-1000-rr-racers-end-the-2016-season-with-the-final-round-in-suzuka?language=en]Japanese BMW S 1000 RR racers end the 2016 season with the final round in Suzuka.

At the weekend, the 2016 MFJ Superbike All Japan Road Race Championship season drew to a close with a double header at the Suzuka Circuit.

Check back this evening for full gallery of each new Motorrad.

Tuesday Reader: 8 November 2016

EIMCA 2016 - Other Manufacturers

Aprilia-Dorsoduro-900-1_feature-633x388.jpg

2017 Aprilia Dorsoduro 900 Preview
Just announced at EICMA 2016 is this, the Aprilia Dorsoduro 900. For 2017, Aprilia’s maxi-motard will enter the new year packed with even more muscle thanks to a generous displacement bump of its V-Twin engine from 750cc to 900cc (well, 896cc to be exact). Aprilia’s goal was to provide the Dorso with a healthy increase in bottom-end and midrange power, doing so by taking the old 750cc engine and
1 Motorcycle.comMotorcycle.com / by Troy Siahaan /

2017-Ducati-Multistrada-950-13.jpg

EICMA: Ducati’s baby Multistrada
Ducati reveals its most affordable adventure bike, the 950 Multistrada, at EICMA.
9 Canada Moto Guide / by CMG Staff /

New from Ducati for 2017: Scramblers, Monsters and a Superleggera
Ducati precedes the EICMA action by introducing two new Scrambler models, a Multistrada, a Monster, and a light, powerful and very exclusive Superleggera you can't afford.
1K RevZilla Articles /

Superleggera_right.jpg

Ducati 1299 Superleggera – A 215hp Carbon Fiber Superbike
Like its 1199 counterpart, the Ducati 1299 Superleggera is a limited edition version of the company's venerable superbike platform, and it focuses on being the lightest, most powerful, street-legal machine that Borgo Panigale can produce. Upping the ante this time around, Ducati has used a carbon fiber chassis (frame, swingarm, wheels, and bodywork) for the 1299 Superleggera, in addition to an ar
1K Asphalt & Rubber » Asphalt & Rubber / by Jensen Beeler /

New Ducati Scambler Desert Sled unveiled at Eicma
Image: ‘Easy off-road’ Scrambler debuts in Milan
1 Visordown / by Simon Greenacre /

Ducati Monster 1200 updated for 2017
Image: New Monster 1200 gets power hike plus styling changes and more comprehensive electronics
1 Visordown / by Simon Greenacre /

2017-Ducati-Multistrada-950-beauty-R3qtr-red.jpg

2017 Ducati Multistrada 950 | First Look Review
The 2017 Multistrada 950 is a more accessible and affordable version of Ducati’s adventure bike, with a smaller-displacement engine and fewer technological bells and whistles. Back in 2010, when Ducati transformed the Multistrada from Pierre Terblanche’s ugly duckling into a sharp-beaked, 150-horsepower swan, it injected a healthy dose of performance and technology into the burgeoning adventure b
100+ Rider Magazine / by gdrevenstedt /

Here Is the Base Model 2017 Honda CBR1000RR
When it came time to unveil its new revised superbike, Honda wisely debuted its premium and homologation models first, at October’s INTERMOT show in Cologne, Germany. With EICMA now here, we can finally see the bike that most enthusiasts will find in their garage, the base model 2017 Honda CBR1000RR. So […] The post Here Is the Base Model 2017 Honda CBR1000RR appeared first on Asphalt & Rubber .
500+ Asphalt & Rubber » Asphalt & Rubber /

Milan show: Honda shows the updated CBR650F and CB650F
Honda’s four-cylinder middleweight CBR650F and CB650F gain 3kW peak power (now 67kW/11,000rpm), a Showa Dual Bending Valve front fork, revised Nissin brake calipers and new free-breathing exhaust. Shorter gear ratios should help acceleration through the mid-range. Honda also promises that the updated bikes provide a thrilling soundtrack from down low, growing to a fast-spinning howl as revs rise.
42 MoreBikes /

2017-Honda-CRF250L-Rally-First-Look-Review-1024x683.jpg

2017 Honda CRF250L Rally First Look | 7 Fast Facts
Honda has released the 2017 Honda CRF250L Rally for riders who want a lightweight ADV bike with capabilities on- and off-road. The post 2017 Honda CRF250L Rally First Look | 7 Fast Facts appeared first on Ultimate MotorCycling .
1 Ultimate MotorCycling / by Don Williams /

Two Concept Models Add to Honda’s EICMA Line-up
Honda announced it will be displaying two new concept models, the CB1100TR Concept and the Africa Twin Enduro Sports Concept at EICMA 2016 in Milan, Italy.
Honda World News /

Kawasaki Versys-X 300 ad EICMA 2016: foto e dati
La piccola crossover di Akashi, modello di accesso della gamma in verde
32 Moto.it - News /

110816-2017-kawasaki-versys-x-300-hi_17KLE300C_44SGN1DRF00D_C-517x388.jpg

2017 Kawasaki Versys-X 300 Preview
News of Honda’s CRF250L Rally came first, then Suzuki’s V-Strom 250/ABS broke cover, and now it’s Kawasaki ‘s Versys-X 300 that’s come to light in Milan. The first obvious advantage is the greater displacement of the Kawi’s ADV-Bike engine. At 296cc the Versys-X takes advantage of the current trend of 300cc bikes in the market and immediately one-ups Honda and Suzuki with a bigger beginner-sized
1 Motorcycle.comMotorcycle.com / by Tom Roderick /

The KTM 790 Duke Prototype Is Here To Own The Middleweight Naked Category
News I think I'm in love KTM pull the wraps off their much anticipated 800cc twin powered KTM 790 Duke prototype at the EICMA show in Milan, Italy.
500+ Cycle World / by Sean MacDonald /

KTM reveals revised 1290 Super Duke R
Image: KTM reveals super updated super naked at Eicma
Visordown / by Simon Greenacre /

KTM unveils revised small capacity Dukes
Image: Changes to 125 and 390 Dukes include a restyle, new suspension and colour TFT dash
Visordown / by Simon Greenacre /

hqv-svartpilen-401-10.jpg

Three new bikes presented at the 2016 EICMA show
HUSQVARNA MOTORCYCLES INTRODUCE PRODUCTION VITPILEN 401, SVARTPILEN 401 & CONCEPT MODEL AT EICMA 2016. THREE NEW MODELS PAVE THE WAY FOR HUSQVARNA’S FUTURE IN THE STREET BIKE SEGMENT
News /

MV Agusta Announce Limited Edition Turismo Veloce RC Edition
MV Agusta today announced another addition to its RC (Reparto Corse) line, and it’s an unexpected one: the Turismo Veloce. That’s right, MV Agusta’s sport-tourer now gets the RC treatment, placing it firmly on the sport end of the sport-touring spectrum. To add to its exclusivity, only 250 models will be produced. Underpinnings of the Turismo Veloce remain the same, anchored by its 800cc Triple.
1 Motorcycle.comMotorcycle.com / by Press Release /

EICMA: Suzuki confirms V-Strom 250
Bike's arrival date is not yet confirmed.
CMG News / by CMG Staff /

Mothership Videos

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bTSi0LUzb84" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In The Spotlight - The new BMW G 310 GS

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SUqP_XJodjk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In The Spotlight - The 2017 BMW R 1200 GS

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wEwzDwqJcy4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dynamic ESA- The 2017 R 1200 GS

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jPjpSNeOoCE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Riding Modes- The 2017 R 1200 GS

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nHT4G6WLkII" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In The Spotlight - The new BMW R nineT Urban G/S

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/M_m3R_-BtGs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In The Spotlight - The BMW Enduroguard Suit

Tuesday Reader: 15 November 2016

i-nH9fkNK-L.jpg

Beemer

The most exclusive BMW motorcycle of all time: the BMW HP4 RACE. Advanced prototype with full carbon fibre main frame and carbon fibre rims presented at the EICMA in Milan. Serial production vehicle announced for 2017.

At this year’s EICMA, BMW Motorrad reveals an initial glimpse of the most exclusive model in its history to date: the BMW HP4 RACE.
2 BMW Group PressClub Canada /

BMW Motorsport News – Issue 43/16.

BMW driving dynamics training with Marco Wittmann – season finale in the Japanese Super GT and Australian GT Championship.
3 BMW Group PressClub Global /

EICMA thrills for BMW Motorrad fans

BMW Motorrad's whirlwind of new model activity continued at the EICMA intermational motorcycle exhibition in Milan on 8 November with no less than 8 models unveiled to the world's media. ...
1 BMW Motorrad News /

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NLgFSwO7cl4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
BMW Motorrad EICMA 2016 Highlights

BMW Group News

BMW M Award 2016: Marc Márquez makes history with fourth win in a row.
Marc Márquez was the fastest qualifier in MotoGPTM in 2016 for the fourth season in a row, making him the sole record holder - official presentation of the BMW M2 Coupé to the winner at the season finale in Valencia.

BMW Initiates Next Phase of its BMW ChargeForward Program with Pacific Gas and Electric Company to Study Advanced Electric Vehicle Charging.
Los Angeles – November 14, 2016; 9:00 am PT / 12:00 pm ET … In an effort to further understand and expand the possibilities of smart charging for electric vehicles (EVs) and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs), BMW of North America today announced the second phase of its BMW ChargeForward program. BMW i3, BMW i8 and iPerformance owners in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area who are Pacific Gas
3 BMW Group PressClub USA /

BMW Group sales continue to grow through October
Worldwide 196,002 vehicles delivered, up 2.3% +++ Year-to-date sales rise 5.8%: 1,942,642 vehicles sold +++ BMW year-to-date deliveries up 5.5% to 1,646,743 +++ MINI sales up 7.3% in first ten months: 292,823 delivered +++ 100,000th electrified BMW delivered since launch of BMW i +++
36 BMW Group PressClub Global /

This year continues to be the strongest ever for BMW Motorrad, with sales for October totalling 10,974, up 19.1% compared with the same month last year. Year-to-date sales rose by 4.4% with a total of 127,018 motorcycles and maxi-scooters delivered to customers in the first ten months of the year.

i-7PCGQTD.png
Recalls

KAWASAKI issued a recall on the NINJA ZX-10R, and NINJA ZX-10R ABS models
On certain motorcycles, the steering damper bracket's mounting bolts may have been over torqued during assembly. This could cause the bolts to potentially break, which could result in the steering damper bracket to...

KAWASAKI issued a recall on the Z125 PRO model
On certain motorcycles, the rear shock absorber may have an oil leak due to a manufacturing defect. A defective rear shock absorber could affect vehicle handling and stability increasing the risk of a crash causing...

SUZUKI issued a recall on the INAZUMA (GW250) model
On certain motorcycles, water can enter at the main wiring harness/rear brake light switch connectors and travel to the rear brake light switch along a wire, causing corrosion of the rear brake light switch. This...

Search for Recalls Here

i-SwcsfwM-L.jpg

BMW MOTORRAD IN THE NEWS

2017 BMW R1200GS Preview
For 2017 BMW is offering its ultimate ADV bike with two new packages, Rallye and Exclusive, that come in some very eye-catching livery. The new GS also meets Euro 4 emissions standards while maintaining the same engine performance. Powered by the same 1170cc air/liquid-cooled boxer Twin as the 2016 model, the 2017 GS now has an altered catalytic converter for meeting the latest EU4 requirements w
1 Motorcycle.comMotorcycle.com / by Tom Roderick /

New BMW R1200GS Rallye Offers Improved Off-Road Performance
In more news from EICMA this week, BMW announced a new addition to the GS portfolio, the R1200GS Rallye. For the first time, customers with off-road aspirations can give their BMW R1200GS an enduro edge with the all new ‘Rallye’ option package. The R1200GS Rallye comes standard with a sports suspension that raises the motorcycle […] The post New BMW R1200GS Rallye Offers Improved Off-Road Perform
500+ ADV Pulse / by ADV Pulse Staff /

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sM559-NyAZk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Rally Style – Extreme Test - The 2017 R 1200 GS

2017 BMW R nineT Urban G/S Video Preview
The R nineT has been a nice hit for BMW since it was introduced a little more than two years ago, appealing to both BMW traditionalists as well as those in younger demographics. And then came the R-nineT Scrambler we rode last month , which will surely carry the nineT’s momentum into the future. Oh, and there’s also the Pure and Racer concepts shown just weeks ago. 2017 BMW R NineT Urban G/S Prev
1 Motorcycle.comMotorcycle.com / by Kevin Duke /

2017 BMW K1600GTL Adds Reverse, E-Call, Clutchless Shifts and Visual Update
While BMW Motorrad revealed their updated 2017 K1600GT last month, they waited until now at the EICMA show in Milan, Italy, to show the new 2017 K1600GTL. Like the GT, the GTL adds a few new optional features: Reverse Assist, which moves the bike backwards at a walking pace (by pressing the reverse and starter buttons); Shift […]
100+ BMW Motorcycle Magazine / by staff /

BMW’s G 310 GS is for the adventurer in all of us.
“The new BMW G 310 GS – carefree riding fun, enormous versatility.” Hard to argue with that statement from BMW. It’s a tidy concept executed in a tidy package. We spent a fair amount of time looking at the machine up close today on the BMW stand at EICMA and are suitably impressed. The lower […]
25 Motofire /

BMW's New 2017 G 310 GS Is A Legitimate Contender For The Mini ADV Crown
News Because for BMW, affordable doesn't have to mean cheap A first look at the BMW G 310 GS, which was unveiled at the 2016 EICMA show in Milan, Italy.
1K Cycle World / by Bradley Adams /

2017 BMW R 1200 GS – Adventure Has Never Seemed More Attractive
BMW have upgraded the R 1200 GS and thrown in some interesting variants into the mix. The R 1200 GS has always been a well-known name among adventure-touring and off-road enthusiasts. Today, these select group of people get to sing “Hallelujah” because BMW have decided to upgrade this amazing machine and introduce a few variants as well. The new model will turn out 125 PS at 7,750 rpm and 125 Nm
1 Bike India / by Joshua Varghese /

FWIW We are on the receiving end of the G310R/GS from India. BMW Motorrad is expanding its product lines and efforts in India on its road to the 200,000 unit / year goal.

MC Tested: Etymotic ER 20XS Earplugs
Gear How do these motorcycle earplugs sound? How do these Etymotic Research earplugs work for motorcycle riders, and are they better than foam plugs? Find out as we test 'em here in the MC Garage.
1 Motorcyclist / by Ari Henning /

2017 BMW F 800 R & F 800 GT | First Look Review
The 2017 BMW F 800 R (left) in BMW Motorsport colors and F 800 GT (right) in Gravity Blue metallic matt. (Photos: BMW) BMW’s F 800 R and F 800 GT have proven popular with smaller riders, and for 2017 both models are receiving updates and new color options. 2017 BMW F 800 R. Perhaps the biggest change is the addition of ride-by-wire, which enables riding modes. Rain and Road riding modes will come
100+ Rider Magazine / by jsmith /

OTHER MANUFACTURERS

884626c6-8cb4-45b6-b498-21d05c030141.jpg

EBR Motorcycles To Debut "Black Lightning" Model Nov. 18 In Long Beach, California
EAST TROY, WI - EBR Motorcycles will debut the new Black Lightning
4 Roadracingworld.com /

KTM announces 2017 street models
News Release It is with great pleasure that KTM introduces the 2017 KTM 390 Duke, the sharpest power-to-weight weapon in the small naked class, and the extensively upgraded KTM 1290 Super Duke R. Building off the success of the adventure range released in Cologne, Italy last month, KTM continues to increase the versatility and performance ...
1 Powersports Business / by Kate Swanson /

2017 KTM 390 Duke First Look
Bikes Updates for 2017 include sharper styling, new front fork and improved Brembo brakes KTM's lightweight naked bike, the 390 Duke, has been updated for 2017 with bold new styling and performance to match.
1 Sport Rider RSS Feed / by SR Staff /

A smaller Versys, a smarter Ninja, and other green surprises
Kawasaki has confirmed that several new models are coming to the U.S. market. A couple of them in particular surprised me.
6 RevZilla Articles /

Milan show: Get a glimpse of Yamaha T7 concept adventurer in this VIDEO
Yamaha has revealed its vision for the future of adventure bikes in Milan with the unveiling of the new T7 concept bike. The T7 is inspired by the legendary XT600Z Ténéré, but since this is a concept bike, there’s very little information available at the moment. What we know at this stage is that the T7 is a fully functioning concept bike based on the MT-07 platform. Equipped with an aluminium fu
56 MoreBikes /

Aprilia adds 2017 Shiver, Dorsoduro 900 models
2017 Aprilia Shiver 900 The new Aprilia Shiver 900 evolves the original project of a bike that, from its first appearance on the scene in 2007, marked a turning point as the first factory bike fitted with ride-by-wire technology to manage engine throttle valve electronics. A technological first from Aprilia derived directly from the racing ...
1 Powersports Business / by Kate Swanson /

Royal Enfield Himalayan makes European debut at Eicma 2016
Image: Indian adventure bike about to be presented in Milan
1 Visordown / by Visordown News /

Honda Wins 22nd MotoGP Constructors Title
Valencia, Spain - Marc Marquez rode a heroic race to second place in the season-ending Valencia Grand Prix and by doing so helped Honda secure a record-making 22nd MotoGP Constructors World Championship.
1 Honda World News /

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LRwkpG-Nm1Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Top 5 Motorcycles At EICMA Video

MC NEWS

MotoMojo: Winterizing Your Motorcycle
Leaving a motorcycle idle for several months can wreak havoc if precautions are not taken. Here are a few minor things you can do to protect your bike and prevent problems when you’re ready to ride again. Gas Before storing your motorcycle for any extended period of time, top off the fuel tank with fresh […]
41 RoadRUNNER Motorcycle Touring & Travel Magazine / by RoadRUNNER /

Winterizing-Your-Motorcycle1-1.jpg

2016 Ducati Multistrada Enduro review
The Multistrada Enduro is Ducati’s globetrotter, a bike built to go anywhere and everywhere with all the supplies you need and maybe even a pillion. It’s a big ask, and one that has to be tested. Click on the following videos for Mick Matheson ‘s review of the all-roads tourer. OVERVIEW We loaded up the Ducati, two-up, for a month on the road, covering 6500km through the bliss of the European Alp
13 Motorbike Writer / by Mark Hinchliffe /

bmw-r-ninet-urban-gs.jpg

The 11 Best Motorcycles of EICMA 2016
In Milan, the huge EICMA show is finally winding down. It’s the world’s most influential motorcycle showcase, and a barometer for the state of the industry. This year, the giant halls were chock-a-block with new bike launches from all sectors of the market. Ducati showed the 1299 Superleggera for folks who like to wear one-piece leathers, and the Aerostich brigade got a treat with a whole fleet o
1K Bike EXIF Update / by Chris Hunter /

The Honda Africa Twin Enduro Concept Is A Giant Dirt Bike
News We'd be okay if this thing didn't stay a concept for long Honda unveils their Africa Twin Enduro Concept at the EICMA show in Milan, Italy.
1 Cycle World / by Sean MacDonald /

Is Black Overtaking Chrome?
Tips and tech Is blacking out your ride a young person's game? With more people blacking out their bikes, is chrome on the way out?
1 Motorcycle Cruiser / by Jon Mcdevitt /

Speed-Way Touring Motorcycle Shelter
Parts and gear Keep your bike protected from thieves and the elements Speed-Way motorcycle shelters protect your bike from thieves and the elements…
1 Motorcycle Cruiser / by Morgan Gales /

Matt Damon and Liam Neeson to star in big screen Isle of Man TT movie – shooting next June on The Island
Matt Damon and Liam Neeson to star in big screen Isle of Man TT movie – shooting next June on The Island, How about this for some big name action at the Isle of Man TT then? A full-on action film called ‘Isle of Man’ is being shot next year at the Isle of Man TT and it has none other than Matt Damon (above) and Liam Neeson (below) lined up to star. Not only that but TT hero Cameron Donald (below
500+ MoreBikes /

AIG_IsoRivolta_03.jpg

An Italian Garage - The Series
"Chi non ha memoria non ha futuro" e per aiutarci a ricordare il passato ci pensa An Italian Garage . An Italian Garage è la serie web sulla grande storia dei marchi dell’automobilismo italiano e dei loro collezionisti. La prima stagione sarà The Iso Rivolta Chronicles, 8 episodi sulla storia di un marchio italiano innovativo ma sfortunato, produttore di successo di motociclette negli anni '50. I
100+ RocketGarage Cafe Racer / by Rocket Garage /

BIKE CANDY

[url=http://anythingbutstockbeemers.blogspot.com/2016/11/bright-orange-1100s.html]Bright orange 1100S

Shame I can't find any more pictures. That is, of the complete bike, building pictures on www.dotheton.com/topic=66935.0
1 Anything But Stock Boxers / by prosper /

i-3GHtc92.png

Dick Dorrestijn of Classic Motorcycles DMMService sent me some pictures of his work. Really nice work!
Dick Dorrestijn of Classic Motorcycles DMMService sent me some pictures of his work. Really nice work!
1 Anything But Stock Boxers / by prosper /

Tuesday Reader: 22 November 2016

i-LsmqktX-L.jpg

Beemer

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/A1odBOVw4Zc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BMW Motorrad USA Announces Model Year 2017 Pricing/Equipment Updates
Woodcliff Lake, NJ – November 18, 2016…BMW Motorrad USA is pleased to announce pricing and product updates for the following model-year 2017 motorcycles. Updates for the remaining BMW models will be announced at a later date.

i-6DZBx3S-L.jpg

The New BMW G 310 R
Woodcliff Lake, NJ – November 18, 2016…BMW is thrilled to announce the very competitive pricing of the G 310 R, which will be launched with a base price of $4,750. To further enhance the attractive price position of this dynamic roadster, BMW has lowered its standard destination and handling fee from $495 to $245. With an all-inclusive price of $4,995, the G 310 R is BMW’s most affordable motorcycle

The New BMW G 310 GShttps://www.press.bmwgroup.com/usa/article/detail/T0266147EN_US/the-new-bmw-g-310-gs?language=en_US
Woodcliff Lake, NJ – November 18, 2016… As far as BMW Motorrad is concerned, GS represents a promise – a promise of perfect functioning, reliability and robustness. The G 310 GS transfers these qualities to the below 500cc capacity segment.

The New BMW K 1600 GT
Woodcliff Lake, NJ – November 18, 2016…Six-cylinder in-line engines have been an integral part of BMW automobile history and brand identity for more than 80 years.

The New BMW R nineT and R nineT Urban G/S
Woodcliff Lake, NJ – November 18, 2016…When BMW Motorrad launched the R nineT in 2013, it was clearly more than just a roadster based on a classic role model.

The New BMW R nineT Racer and R nineT Pure
Woodcliff Lake, NJ – November 18, 2016…For many motorcycle enthusiasts, less is often more – which is why they opt for “pure motorcycling” and the kind of motorcycle that credibly and authentically embodies this approach.

The New BMW S 1000 RR and BMW S 1000 R
Woodcliff Lake, NJ – November 18, 2016…Supreme riding dynamics, athletic character combined with maximum safety and everyday practicality – these are the defining characteristics of the BMW Motorrad 4-cylinder models.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/f8z3AunNAoU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bimmer

Safety-related recall at the BMW Group. Replacement of airbag sensor required.
Munich. In a safety-related recall, the BMW Group is replacing a variant of an airbag sensor. The owners of the vehicles affected will be informed without delay. The repair (carried out at a BMW Partner) will take approximately three hours and is free of charge for the customer.

BMW Group News

The logistics of the future: from data goggles to electric trucks
+++ Innovation, digitalisation and sustainability are key success factors for logistics +++ Testing of future technologies in everyday operation +++ Continuous expansion in CO2-efficient carriers +++

i-z3RGHVH.jpg

BMW Group mourns the loss of Paul Rosche.
One of the most important engineers in the history of the BMW Group has passed away. Paul Rosche, who worked for BMW in various roles between 1957 and 1999, died at the age of 82 in his home town of Munich on Tuesday.
9 BMW Group PressClub Global /

ReachNow, BMW Group’s Car Sharing Service, Expands to Brooklyn, Launches Pilot Programs for New Mobility Services.
Los Angeles – Nov. 15, 2016… During a press conference at the Los Angeles Auto Show’s Automobility LA, ReachNow, BMW Group’s free-floating premium car sharing service, announced its latest city expansion into Brooklyn, NY and debuted four new mobility services: Ride, Reserve, Share, and Fleet Solutions for residential buildings.
BMW Group PressClub USA /

MINI

MINI reveals new MINI John Cooper Works Rally – the latest MINI Motorsport giant in the world of cross-country rally.
MINI premieres the next big thing in MINI Motorsport’s distinguished history, the all new MINI John Cooper Works Rally. First competitive foray for the new star is the 2017 Dakar Rally.
71 BMW Group PressClub Global /

i-JR8wgPt-L.jpg

Rolls Royce Motorcar

Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Awarded Prestigious British Luxury Award
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars is delighted to be honoured with the ‘Best British Luxury Craftsmanship’ award at the 2016 Walpole British Luxury Awards. The award was presented during a glittering ceremony attended by luminaries of the British luxury scene by Rory Reid, BBC Top Gear presenter, at the Dorchester, London.

Rolls-Royce Unveils New Work By Sudarshan Shetty For The Art Programme
Indian artist Sudarshan Shetty’s new work for the Rolls-Royce Art Programme was unveiled today at the Maker Maxity in Bandra-Kurla Complex, Mumbai. The work, a two-channel film anchored by two wooden structures, is entitled ‘A Song A Story’ and will be on view from 18-21 November 2016, alongside Shetty’s existing ‘Flying Bus’ public art project.
4 Rolls-Royce Motor Cars PressClub /

i-bPD96xJ-L.jpg

ROUNDEL MOTORSPORTS

Success in South America: Two more victories for the BMW S 1000 RR in Brazil.
1BMW Group PressClub Global / 13min
Successful weekend for the BMW Motorrad Motorsport racers in Brazil: Danilo Lewis takes his first ever pole position in the SuperBike Series Brazil, Diego Pierluigi and Marco Solorza secure a double win

i-NZwk2LM-L.jpg

Triumph in a legendary race: Another 1-2-3 result for the BMW S 1000 RR at the Macau Grand Prix.

BMW Group PressClub Canada / 3h
Peter Hickman, Michael Rutter and Martin Jessopp repeat last year’s great success in the streets of Macau and secure a podium lock out for BMW Motorrad Motorsport – Perfect season finale for BMW racer Maximilian Scheib in the FIM

BMW Motorsport News – Issue 44/16
BMW Group PressClub Global / 12h
Catsburg and Félix da Costa successful in Macau – Wittmann and Glock competing at the 12 Hours of Bathurst.

BMW racer Ian Hutchinson sums up 2016: “A terrific year.”
Success in international road racing and in the Superstock class of the British Superbike Championship: Ian Hutchinson can look back on a great year with the Tyco BMW team. In an interview, he sums up the 2016 season, compares road and circuit racing and speaks about his best moments so far on the BMW S 1000 RR.
6 BMW Group PressClub Global /

i-7PCGQTD.png
Recalls

Suzuki ( 16v808000 )
Dated: NOV 03, 2016 Suzuki Motor of America, Inc. (Suzuki) is recalling certain model year 2013, 2015, and 2017 GW250 motorcycles. Water may enter the main wiring harness at the rear brake light switch connectors, possi...
3 Vehicles Recalls /

Yamaha ( 16v800000 )
Dated: OCT 31, 2016 Yamaha Motor Corporation , USA (Yamaha) is recalling certain model year 2014-2016 WR250R motorcycles manufactured August 1, 2013, to June 1, 2016. Due to an incorrect assembly process, the clutch pus...
1 Vehicles Recalls /

BMW issued a recall on the 5 SERIES model
On certain vehicles, a Sensor Cluster Unit (SCU) having incorrect programming may have been installed in error by dealers during servicing. As the SCU helps determine if the driver and/or passenger airbags, seat...

BMW issued a recall on the X5, and X3 modelshttp://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/7/VRDB-BDRV/search-recherche/detail.aspx?lang=eng&rn=2016579
Transport Canada / 5h
On certain vehicles, the Electronic Power Steering (EPS) control unit may be missing a weld holding a contact pin due to a manufacturing error. A missing weld could lead to a gradual increase in pin contact...

Search for Recalls Here

i-2M2p5Dw-L.jpg

BMW MOTORRAD IN THE NEWS

Flagships in Battle: KTM 1290 Super Adventure vs BMW R1200GSA
Orange! Got your attention didn’t I? And I’d bet my last dollar bill that you’re thinking of a KTM right now. Orange you glad I didn’t say “Blue?” Or maybe you did wish I said blue… because you’ve been dreaming of that iconic Bavarian overland machine, and you’re torn because you’ve heard the KTM may
400+ ADV Pulse / by Alfonse Palaima /

Sale 23599 Lot 230: 1988 BMW 980cc R100G/S Frame no. 6276726 Engine no. 52870147
1988 BMW 980cc R100G/S Registration no. E268 VKM Frame no. 6276726 Engine no. 52870147 One of the most popular BMWs first appeared in 1980. This was the enduro-style 'G/S', which debuted as the 800cc R80G/S.
1 Bonhams Auctioneers /

i-tkzK5T9.jpg

You take a BMW R1200R and add a German artist, industrial design house and the Wunderlich boys and you get… this
You take a BMW R1200R and add a German artist, industrial design house and the Wunderlich boys and you get… this.
3 MoreBikes /

India Premium Motorcycle Market to Grow 30% by 2021 - Key Vendors are BMW India, DSK Benelli & Ducati India - Research and Marketshttp://feeds.businesswire.com/click.phdo?i=5a81617d30cdeb79036b64957a381a43
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "India Premium Motorcycles Market By Segment (500 to 800cc, 800 to 1600cc and >1600cc), Competition Forecast & Opportunities, 2011-2021" report to their offering.
1 Business Wire Automotive: Motorcycles News /

OTHER MANUFACTURERS

From Russia with Love, MV Agusta Finds New Money
62Asphalt & Rubber » Asphalt & Rubber / by Jensen Beeler / 1h
Last week, I was ready to start polishing the obituary for MV Agusta – the Italian company seemingly in an impossibly terminal state. Italy’s Guardia di Finanza had found that the Italian company had been using the social security

i-mchgVsN-L.jpg

MV Agusta Recapitalized By Investment Firm Black Ocean Group
8Roadracingworld.com / 3h
MV Agusta Holding and Black Ocean signed the agreement for a capital increase in MV AGUSTA. The international investment company Black Ocean Group and MV AGUSTA Holding, major shareholder of MV AGUSTA MOTOR SPA, signed

Police Find MV Agusta Misused Social Security Funds
More bad news comes from Italy, as MV Agusta has come under investigation by the Guardia di Finanza for allegedly misusing its employees’ INPS contributions (Italy’s national pension system, similar to the USA’s Social Security system), which may have gone to paying bills from suppliers, to the tune of €6.8 million.
300+ Asphalt & Rubber » Asphalt & Rubber / by Jensen Beeler /

EBR Motorcycles Partners With ThunderRoad Financial To Provide Dealer Financinghttp://www.roadracingworld.com/news/?id=f257700e-39d6-4263-a8fe-87ffbfd5f940
EAST TROY, WI - EBR Motorcycles and ThunderRoad Financial are excited to announce that ThunderRoad Financial, LLC will offer retail financing to participating EBR Motorcycle ...
5 Roadracingworld.com /

i-tSwfWrh.jpg

Revealed: Yamaha’s first full patent drawings for its production all-electric off-roader (just appeared)
Revealed: Yamaha’s first full patent drawings for its production all-electric off-roader (just appeared). These designs for a fully electric motocross-styled bike have just appeared at various registry offices around the world and they show that Yamaha has worked out exactly how its long-standing off-road electric ambition is to be realised.
16 MoreBikes /

Fast Motorcycle Industry News
Erik Buell Motorcycles (EBR) To Debut “Black Lightning” Model November 18 In Long Beach, California. The new Black Lightning will be introduced at the Long Beach International Motorcycle Show. The Black Lightning retains the quality and performance of the 185HP...
3 Cyril Huze Post / by Cyril Huze /

Zero Motorcycles claims 320km range
Zero Motorcycles has announced their 2017 models will have increased range up to 200 miles (320km), seemingly kicking down one of the barriers for buyers. However, the extended range only comes with the purchase of an optional $4790 ($US2700) Power Tank. Interestingly, only one power tank has been sold in Australia over the past few years.
44 Motorbike Writer / by Mark Hinchliffe /

i-rnrWTCD.jpg

Electric Done Right, Enjoy the Aero E-Racer Street Tracker
It has been a while since we have seen an electric motorcycle that caught out fancy – you know, one that looked like it was made by someone who actually understands motorcycles, and isn’t just gunning for a spot at Art Center. There is this notion in the electric world that just […] .
100+ Asphalt & Rubber » Asphalt & Rubber / by Jensen Beeler /

MC NEWS

BSA%2BVICTOR%2B355%2BCONCEPT.jpg

Bsa Victor 355 Concept
Alcuni giorni fa il colosso industriale Indiano MAHINDRA, ha ufficializzato l'acquisto del prestigiosissimo Marchio BSA ( Birmingham Small Arms), in passato vero emblema del motociclismo Britannico! Non sappiamo se la nuova proprietà sfrutterà questo brand, celebre per gli appassionati, ma praticamente sconosciuto per il grande pubblico, per la costruzione di una nuova gamma di moto di prestigio
3 Motosketches / by obiboi /

i-JjjnmKJ-L.png

Vincent Rapide sells for near-record
A long lost Vincent 1938 HRD Series A Rapide found among a collection in Japan has been sold at a H&H auction to a British buyer bidding on the phone for £ (about $A444,500). The amount is just short of the £275,000 (about $A456,800) world record for a Vincent sold in 2008.
100+ Motorbike Writer / by Mark Hinchliffe /

Balancing bikes the next big thing?
Shortly after BMW Motorrad unveiled its self-balancing Vision 100 Next motorcycle, Thrustcycle has unveiled their own version of a self-balancing bike. While there have been Segway-type self-balancing vehicles before, they balance forwards and backwards, while these balance sideways.
15 Motorbike Writer / by Mark Hinchliffe /

MC Garage Video: Right-Side Up vs. Upside-Down Forks
MC Garage Are USD forks really that much better? If so, why? USD forks look cool, and all the best bikes have them. But what makes them better than conventional forks? We explain in this video from the MC Garage.
1K Motorcyclist / by Ari Henning

See and be seen
Image: Face winter head-on with these tips for riding during the coming months
1 Visordown /

Look after your bike
Visordown /

Winterizing? You must mean "winter riding"
If winter is cold where you live, but you plan to keep riding anyway, here are some tips to help.
22 RevZilla Articles /

How to win at riding through winter
1 Visordown /

The Motorcycle Safety Foundation Lowers the Price of its “Riding Straight – Marijuana Awareness” Host-An-Event Kit (Industry Press Releases)
• New lower price puts the Kit within reach of more motorcycle and automotive training professionals, public schools, and riding clubs • The Kit provides valuable lessons in a fun, interactive manner by simulating how marijuana can impair judgment and the application of riding skills • […]
5 MotorcycleDaily.com - Motorcycle News, Editorials, Product Reviews and

What to do after a minor motorcycle crashhttp://motorbikewriter.com/minor-motorcycle-crash/
Assuming you are not hurt, what you do straight after you’ve had a minor motorcycle crash is absolutely vital to your future physical and financial health and safety.
67 Motorbike Writer / by Mark Hinchliffe / 1

What Virginia Tech learned about how and why we crash our motorcycleshttp://www.revzilla.com/common-trea...ed-about-how-and-why-we-crash-our-motorcycles
Put cameras and data loggers on 100 motorcycles, follow the riders for 366,667 miles, and here's what you learn about crashing.
20 RevZilla Articles /

Heated Jackets, Liners and Gloves For Cold-Weather Riding
Gear MC Picks 10 must-have accessories that’ll warm you up on a cold winter day on your motorcycle. If you wait until you’re cold, it’ll be too late! Check out these heated gear products and be prepared.
300+ Motorcyclist / by Jerry Smith /

Chemical Reactions Replace Simple Mixtures in Rubber Compounding
Blogs Rubber revolution Technical Editor Kevin Cameron shares his wealth of motorcycle knowledge, experiences, insights, history, and much more.
3 Cycle World / by Kevin Cameron

Matt Damon & Liam Neeson are NOT signed up for the TT Movie!
TT Movie director confirms that neither Damon or Neeson are on board. When it was reported by British, magazine-associated website, Morebikes this week that Liam Neeson and Matt Damon had signed onto the TT Movie under development by Ben Younger, the motorcycling press and pundits on the internet collectively lost their sh*t and began regurgitating the […]
100 Motofire / by Steve Hunt /

P0014142-L.jpg

BMW IN THE NEWS

VIDEO Take a look at Paul Rosche’s masterpiece — the S70/2 V12
Bmw Blog / by Nico DeMattia / 1min
Unfortunately, 2016 took yet another great human from our world, the legendary Paul Rosche , the man who made some of the best engines the world had ever since for BMW.

BMW, Baidu End Partnership For Self-Driving Car Research: What Caused The Split?
4Tech Times / 13h
BMW and Baidu have ended their joint research project on self-driving technology. The Chinese search giant is now looking for a new partner as it looks to achieve its goal of launching mass production for self-driving cars by 2021.

BMW 8 Series convertible spotted in development
BMW's new flagship convertible has been spied testing in Germany; it's due to go on sale in 2018 The reborn BMW 8 Series convertible has been spotted testing, ahead of an expected launch in 2018. BMW’s flagship model will be a two-door coupé version of the 7 Series saloon, in much the same way as the 4 Series and 3 Series are related. A convertible sibling, spied here, will join it. The 8 Series
5 Autocar RSS Feed /

Video: 700 HP BMW M5 Takes on 650 HP Golf Mk II on the Drag Strip
Just last week we were wondering just how much power a stock BMW M5 actually puts down as it walked away from a 640 HP CTS-V on the drag strip. Well, today we’re looking at an even more powerful M5 on the strip, this time going up against a range of cars that are pushing impressive figures on the asphalt. The biggest challenger though, it’s not who you may think it is.
3 Bmw Blog / by Gabriel Nica /

BMW Blogs :
bimmerfile.com
bmwblog.com

OTHER CAGE NEWS

The 12 most expensive cars sold at auction
Ferrari 250 GTO Classic cars can sell at auction for more than $30 million these days. Here are the 12 priciest cars sold at auction to date When talking about the world’s most expensive cars, it’s easy to think the numbers run out when the meter hits about £4 million.
6 Autocar RSS Feed /

2017 Jaguar XKSS
2017 Jaguar XKSS In early 2016, Jaguar announced that they would be restarting the production of the XKSS to complete the 9 cars that were destroyed in a mysterious factory fire in 1957. Jaguar had originally set aside 25 D-Type racing chassis to be made road-legal and sold to American enthusiasts like Steve McQueen.
500+ Silodrome / by James McBride /

New Jaguar XKSS revealed in LA
The first Jaguar XKSS to be built in 60 years has been revealed in Los Angeles today; nine examples are set for production The first genuine Jaguar XKSS to be made since 1957 has been unveiled at the Petersen Museum in Los Angeles today.
16 Autocar RSS Feed /

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gkykhtBxBMM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Racing Sheet

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1PDKI3koNZk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BMW i and MS Amlin Andretti heads to Marrakesh for Formula E race
BMWBLOG (blog) BMW i and MS Amlin Andretti heads to Marrakesh for Formula E race BMWBLOG (blog) The 2016/17 FIA Formula E Championship season makes the second stop of its world tour in Marrakesh (MA) on 12th November. ...
3 formula e / BMWBLOG (blog) /

Race School: New Season 3 Steering Wheel! -Formula E
formula e / Motorsport.com, Edition / 17h
- Formula E Motorsport.com, Edition: Global Race School is back!

Jaguar I-Pace uses Formula E tech for improved performance
CarAdvice Jaguar I-Pace uses Formula E tech for improved performance CarAdvice It's all starting to make sense now, why British luxury carmaker, Jaguar, would dive head-first into the all-electric Formula E racing series. This week, the company unveiled the Jaguar I-Pace Concept at the Los Angeles Auto Show – its first ever ... and more »
1 formula e / CarAdvice /

Autosport Plus / Should Ferrari enter Formula E?
autosport.com Autosport Plus / Should Ferrari enter Formula E ? autosport.com Ferrari in Formula E . It sounds a little wrong. But the electric single-seater series is in vogue. It's what all major car manufacturers have to be seen in.
55 formula e / autosport.com /

Official statement from McLaren Technology Group
McLaren Technology Group issues official statement as Ron Dennis steps down.
4 Pitpass - the latest hottest F1 news / by editor@pitpass.co... /

“End of an F1 era” – reaction to McLaren shareholders removing Ron Dennis from power
The reaction to Ron Dennis being ousted as the McLaren Technology Group’s chief executive officer from the Formula 1 and the wider media has focused on the ending of the 35-year period that the Briton has led the Woking-based company. […]
300+ James Allen on F1 – The official James Allen website on F1 / by Editor /

Ecclestone to push Strategy Group to throw away F1 rulebook
Ecclestone is adamant that the sport is over-regulated, and he is particularly frustrated by anything related to driving offences, such as the recent focus on moving under braking that was triggered by Max Verstappen. “Generally we need to have a good look,” he told Motorsport.com. “There are too many rules and too many regulations.
1K Motorsport.com - Formula 1 - Stories /

i-grqwZr7-Th.jpg
FWIW

BMW CEO Reacts to Trump Being Elected, Wants NAFTA Maintained
The newly elected US President, Donald Trump, announced last week a proposition to revise the NAFTA agreement . In response, CEOs from European car manufacturing companies have expressed their concern regarding those actions and what they would mean for the future of automotive companies. Speaking at a convention in Germany last week, ’
7 Bmw Blog / by Gabriel Nica /

What to do if police ask for your camera
21Motorbike Writer / by Mark Hinchliffe / 2h
You may have just had a crash or been spotted doing something illegal by the police who have pulled you over and see that you have an action camera strapped to your bike, helmet or body. They ask for the camera or SD card, or

It’s Time to Replace Meter Maids With Riderless Motorcycles
Brigade is a concept designed to keep the peace and keep human officers doing more important work. The post It's Time to Replace Meter Maids With Riderless Motorcycles appeared first on WIRED .
100+ WIRED / by Charles Bombardie... /

0876-S.jpg

BIKE CANDY

i-hn8W8Vx-L.jpg

BMW R75/5 / H Garagehttp://ottonero.blogspot.com/2016/11/bmw-r755-h-garage.html
Scott Halbleib started his own custom build shop, H Garage , from Louisville , more than six years ago and continues to garner praise and accolades around the world for his creations. From his words, the story of this bike: "....
6 Ottonero Cafe Racer / by Otto Nero

Thanks for another great compilation...hope folks are taking then time and effort to read thru the full page:thumb

The effort is appreciated by this viewer:wave

This is always a much better morning read than my morning newspaper. It's one of the ways I keep up with the motorcycling world! :thumb

Heck yes I read it. Not every day, and certainly not every detail, but yes I like it and I appreciate the work that goes into just putting this one thread together. Thank you!:thumb

I like this thread but I rarely see it because 99% of the time it does not appear in New Posts for me.
I keep forgetting to go look for it in Campfire.

I like this thread but I rarely see it because 99% of the time it does not appear in New Posts for me.

Use Thread Tools to subscribe to it and receive an e-mail when there's a new post.

Always shows up in new posts for me. That is the only way I access posts and it works great.

The Pit Crew and I had a long wonderful weekend together. If yours was half as good as ours you had a great one too.

Thank you for all the kind words. I hope you find something to enjoy in this effort.

Tuesday Reader: 28 November 2016

i-LsmqktX-L.jpg

Beemer

1-2-3 for the BMW S 1000 RR at the Macau Grand Prix
BMW Motorrad News / 5d
The BMW S 1000 RR continued its dominance in the streets of Macau in China. The 50th running of the legendary Macau Grand Prix saw another 1-2-3 success for the BMW racers.

i-SGbNhWc.jpg

Feature: The new BMW G 310 GS
Published on Nov 22, 2016
The new BMW G 310 GS – ready for everday adventures. As far as BMW Motorrad is concerned, GS is a promise – a promise of perfect functioning, reliability and robustness. The G 310 GS transfers these qualities to the below 500cc capacity segment, embracing them in its own distinctive, mature interpretation.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jl50XTYS4bE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bimmer

Driving Luxury with 610hp. BMW M760Li xDrive.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/r2j05PiYjPM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BMW Group News

BMW Canada invests in the future.
Construction of a new Regional Distribution Centre begins.

i-hBXwM5J-L.jpg

BMW Group expands successful BMW i Ventures concept and steps up collaboration with start-ups
BMW Group PressClub Global / 7h
Own venture capital fund with up to € 500 million over ten years +++ Widened scope of investment +++ Greater independence +++ Presence in start-up hub Silicon Valley

BMW Digital Charging Service optimises charging and integrates electric vehicles into the energy market.
1BMW Group PressClub Global / 9h
Experience “Energiewende” and digitalisation right now and save money at the same time.

Tate Modern launches first BMW Tate Live Exhibition: Ten Days Six Nights
2BMW Group PressClub Global / 5d
Fujiko Nakaya’s immersive fog sculpture will come to London for the first annual BMW Tate Live Exhibition

MINI

“Resale Value Giants”: MINI is the leader in two vehicle categories.
53BMW Group PressClub Global / 5d
Current ranking of models on the German automotive market offering the best value retention: MINI One leads the small car category, MINI One Clubman is number one in the compact segment.

i-6SxBLkN-L.jpg

Racing feeling with a tradition: John Cooper Works Tuning at the 2016 Essen Motor Show.
6BMW Group PressClub Global / 3d
Current selection of Original Accessories by John Cooper Works provides additional options for extreme driving pleasure – MINI presents the latest retrofit components for the new model generation

Rolls Royce Motorcar

A Night To Remember As Rolls-Royce Spirits London Society From Design Museum To Animal Ball
BMW Group PressClub Canada / 5d
Tuesday 22 November 2016 became a night to remember as the great and the good of London society were conveyed between two of the season’s biggest parties – the opening of the new Design Museum in Kensington

i-qpfSnkn-L.jpg

Rolls-Royce Chauffeurs Metamorphose For The Animal Ball
Tonight, a collection of Rolls-Royce motor cars will join the great and the good in support of the Animal Ball, hosted by the Elephant Family charity. A troop of ‘White Glove chauffeurs’, a term coined by the marque to describe exemplary performance in the art of chauffeuring, will adopt animal personae as they spirit guests to London’s premier masked Ball.
3 Rolls-Royce Motor Cars PressClub /

ROUNDEL MOTORSPORTS

MINI USA Celebrates Longtime Owner’s Success on the Track
Woodcliff Lake, NJ – November 22, 2016 – MINI USA is proud to congratulate amateur racer Craig Wilcox on his recent championship victories in the Tire Rack SCCA ProSolo Series and the Tire Rack Solo Nationals presented by Garmin VIRB. Wilcox, of Blue Springs, Mo., finished as the Year-End Points Winner in the ProSolo Series and was crowned the National Champion of the Solo Nationals in September a

BMW Motorsport News – Issue 45/16
BMW Group PressClub Global / 1d
Australia debut for Marco Wittmann – VLN seasons ends with traditional championship celebrations.

i-7PCGQTD.png
Recalls

EU Rapid Alert system Alert number: A12/1517/16

Category: Motor vehicles

Product: Motorcycle

Brand: KTM

Name: Super Adventure; Adventure; Adventure R

Type/number of model: All 1190/1290 S/ADV/R up to and including MJ16.

Batch number/Barcode: Unknown

Risk: Injuries

The wiring harness may come into contact with the ABS modulator. An electrical connection could consequently occur between the ABS modulator and the vehicle chassis earth via the brake pipes. If this happened, a brake pipe could overheat and eventually melt, leading to failure of a circuit of the braking system.

Measures taken by economic operators: Recall of the product from end users (By: Manufacturer)
Description: Motorcycle
Country of origin: Austria
Alert submitted by: Austria
Risk Type: Serious

Products were found and measures were taken also in: Germany, Poland

BMW issued a recall on the X5, and X3 models
On certain vehicles, the Electronic Power Steering (EPS) control unit may be missing a weld holding a contact pin due to a manufacturing error. A missing weld could lead to a gradual increase in pin contact...
1 Transport Canada - Road Safety Recalls /

Search for Recalls Here

i-gPD6RZT-L.jpg

BMW MOTORRAD IN THE NEWS

Thieves steal four Tyco BMW race bikes from hotel car park
MoreBikes / 5h
Thieves steal four Tyco BMW race bikes from hotel car park. Four race bikes from the Tyco BMW squad were stolen from a van next to the Premier Inn close to the NEC centre on Sunday evening (yesterday).

HSBC Analysts Give Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (BMW) a 70.00 Price Target
4Motorcycle News / 2d
Other equities analysts also recently issued research reports about the stock. Nord/LB set a 90.00 price objective on shares of Bayerische Motoren Werke AG and gave the stock a buy rating in a research note on Tuesday, August 2nd.

OTHER MANUFACTURERS

Are Harley-Davidson's Financials About to Get Worse Because of This Hidden Risk?
The big problems facing Harley-Davidson (NYSE: HOG) are fairly well known. It hasn't been able to sell as many of its motorcycles these days, because economic uncertainty makes buying one of its pricey bikes less necessary, just as changing industry ...

Harley-Davidson Livewire at Moto Expo
9Motorbike Writer / by Mark Hinchliffe / 4d
Visitors at the 2016 Moto Expo in Melbourne will get their first glimpse of the future as Harley-Davidson sees it with their electric Livewire motorcycle. It is the first time the bike has been shown in Australia.

Royal Enfield Himalayan price announced
13Motorbike Writer / by Mark Hinchliffe / 2d
The Royal Enfield Himalayan 400cc adventure bike is finally available in Australia at a price of $5990 plus on-road costs. That compares with similar capacity (but not necessarily similar ability) bikes such as the BMW G 310 R

Victory Motorcycles announces 2017 prices
24Motorbike Writer / by Mark Hinchliffe / 16h
Victory Motorcycles Australia has announced a streamlined 2017 line-up with Octane (pictured above) prices dropped by $1000 and the Cross Country Tour costing $1000 more.

REVEALED: Suzuki President tells all about the key future bikes! Why we haven’t had a new-retro bike so far, the turbo-bike that’s on the way (and why) AND the next Hayabusa!
12MoreBikes / 6h
REVEALED: Suzuki President tells all about the key future bikes! Why we haven’t had a new-retro bike so far, the turbo-bike that’s on the way (and why) AND the next Hayabusa!

Cleveland FXx / FXr Press Release
Cleveland CycleWerks / by Cleveland Cyclewerks / 5d
Cleveland CycleWerks has been churning out niche production motorcycles since 2009. The FXx and FXr set a new direction for Cleveland's modern line of bikes.

i-cdH5N7r-L.jpg

MC NEWS

Triumph Motorcycles sees easy ride as market hums[/url
3Motorcycle News / 19min
Despite murky economic prospects, British manufacturer Triumph Motorcycles remains upbeat about sales prospects in Thailand this year because of lower retail prices and a growing big-bike market.

[url=http://silodrome.com/harley-davidson-big-twins-evolution/]Harley-Davidson Big Twins – The Evolution

Silodrome / by James McBride / 6h
Harley-Davidson Big Twins – The Evolution Thankfully 1984 was a great year for Harley-Davidson and not at all like the “1984” of British writer George Orwell’s novel.

Here’s a walkaround look at the Norton V4RR
2CMG News / by CMG Staff / 6h
New British superbike looks like flashy fun.

New report shares details about the motorcycle market global ...
ReportsnReports.com has announced the addition of the 2016 Market Research Report on Global Motorcycles Industry published in Nov 2016 from its ...
FWIW This sounds interesting. At $2900 for a single user copy, it should be.

Transport future without motorcycles?
2Motorbike Writer / by Mark Hinchliffe / 0min
While the future of transport would seem to be smaller vehicles and more two-wheelers, one state doesn’t agree and has left motorcycles out of its plans. The NSW Future Transport Technology Roadmap for the next 20 years doesn’t

Hearing Damage Is Motorcycling's Elephant In The Room - RIDE SMART
500+Cycle World / by John L. Stein / 5d
Lifestyle Four strategies to protect your hearing Did you know that long-term noise exposure inherent in riding motorcycles can contribute to permanent hearing loss?

Riding With Traction Control | Riding Skills Series
Riding Throttle control: as important as ever Riding a bike with traction control requires just as much throttle control as without, in order to take full advantage of the system's versatility and capability.
2 Sport Rider Magazine Ride / by Andrew Trevitt /

Motorcycle Mechanics Courses in San Francisco
Interested in learning about motorcycle maintenance? Or just unhappy paying $100 per hour for someone else’s poor workmanship? Why not learn more about bikes at City College of San Francisco? Your interest may even lead to a career in the motorcycle industry! City College Automotive Technology offers Moto 90, Introduction to Motorcycle Technology, at the Evans Campus, 1400 Evans Ave., just off 3r
58 Rider Magazine / by mtuttle /

Alpinestars Oscar Monty Riding Shoe - GEAR EVALUATION
400+Cycle World / by Bradley Adams / 3d
Gear and Products Form, function, and comfort The Oscar Monty motorcycle riding shoe is CE certified with full-grain leather upper and Alpinestars’ oil-resistant rubber-compound sole.

LS2 MX453, Adventure Motorcycle Helmet
PRODUCT: LS2’s entry into the adventure helmet market is their MX453 motorcycle helmet. It’s based on an MX-style shell, which offers more room in the chin area to allow greater airflow when working hard on your off-road adventures. The helmet is constructed using a lightweight fiberglass shell, multi-density EPS and a moisture-wicking technical fabric liner. The technical fabric liner can be eas
2 DIrt Bike Magazine / by Jackie /

Pre-World War II Motorcycles like Flying Merkel Twin to Vegas Bonhams
Many Pre-World War II motorcycles will highlight the Vegas Bonhams show, including an all-original, un-restored 1913 Flying Merkel Twin. The post Pre-World War II Motorcycles like Flying Merkel Twin to Vegas Bonhams appeared first on Ultimate MotorCycling .
16 Ultimate MotorCycling / by Ron Lieback /

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1iav9EhUpjw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Arai Quantum-X

i-Bf4cqw5-L.jpg

BMW IN THE NEWS

BMW predicts the end of the car dealership as we know it
67Autocar RSS Feed / 5d
BMW’s head of future retail forecasts huge change for BMW’s sales operations in the coming decade The traditional car dealership may not be long for this world, according to BMW Group’s head of premium retail experience, Michele Fuhs.

VIDEO: Acura NSX vs BMW i8 – Comparison
If you’re worrying about hybrid cars, electric cars and autonomy ruining your dream of owning an expensive sports car in the future, worry not. The sports car will not die when electrification takes over. The BMW i8 and Acura NSX are perfect proof of that. Carfection recently put both around a track to see which is best. We already know quite a lot about the i8, having written about it and review
500+ Bmw Blog / by Nico DeMattia /

Video: Is Buying a BMW 850i a Cheap Way to Own a V12 Car?
500+Bmw Blog / by Gabriel Nica / 3d
Let’s face it, V12 engines are regarded as the epitome in smoothness in the auto industry and car guys all over the world are just crazy about them.

New Toyota Supra and BMW Z5 gear up for 2018 assault
100+Autocar RSS Feed / 4d
Joint project will spawn a 400bhp Toyota Supra coupé and Porsche-rivalling BMW Z5 roadster The all-new Toyota Supra is now in its final phase of development and will form the basis of a newly created Toyota performance

Opinion: 2018 Toyota Supra and BMW Z5 – why we should be excited
13Autocar RSS Feed / 4d
The Toyota FT-1 concept will influence the design of the production Supra Two hybrid sports cars from two iconic brands are being co-developed Get this: the Toyota Supra is back, and it'll be joined by a new BMW Z5 .

BMW To Pay Back Owners Or Fix Flaws To Settle Class Action
Law360, New York (November 15, 2016, 3:53 PM EST) -- German automaker BMW AG and its U.S. unit asked a New Jersey federal judge on Monday to sign off on a class action settlement that could allow thousands of owners of convertible 6 Series coupes ...

BMW Blogs :
bimmerfile.com
bmwblog.com

OTHER CAGE NEWS

NextEV unveils the NIO EP9 electric supercar in London
Filed under: Green , Electric , Future The NIO EP9 was presented at the Saatchi Gallery in London. Continue reading NextEV unveils the NIO EP9 electric supercar in London NextEV unveils the NIO EP9 electric supercar in London originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 21 Nov 2016 13:14:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds . Permalink | Email this | Comments
400+ Autoblog Green / by Antti Kautonen /

i-rgwn5cm-L.jpg

VIDEO: Just How Fast is a Ferrari 488 GTB?
Just How Fast is a Ferrari 488 GTB? It took us a long time before we were able to find out what a Ferrari 488 GTB can really do on a racetrack. But this time around, we finally got to see it. Watch as the Evo magazine from the UK gives us an exclusive look of the Ferrari 488 GTB shows off its power in the Anglesey circuit. Many car enthusiasts and experts have missed the 458 . This was largely in
1 Supercars.net / by Mark Leofe Capaya... /

Lola F1R – Road-Legal Formula 1 Car
Lola F1R – Road-Legal Formula 1 Car The Lola F1R is the result of a bet between Lola engineers about whether it was possible to build something close to a Formula 1 car, that would be UK road registrable. The UK has notoriously finicky road restrictions, despite (or perhaps because of) the fact that southern England has more motorsport engineering companies than any other place on Earth. As a one
200+ Silodrome / by James McBride /

The fastest cars in history: 1946 to now
100+New Atlas / by Mike Hanlon / 18h
There's only one fastest production car in the world, with the title holder having captured the public's imagination via the media for more than a century. This is the history of the fastest production cars in history, from 1946 to now ..

What a driverless world could look like | Wanis Kabbaj
What if traffic flowed through our streets as smoothly and efficiently as blood flows through our veins? Transportation geek Wanis Kabbaj thinks we can find inspiration in the genius of our biology to design the transit systems of the future. In this forward-thinking talk, preview exciting concepts like modular, detachable buses, flying taxis and networks of suspended magnetic pods that could hel
6K TED talks / by TED /

Insurers want access to autonomous vehicle data after accidents
Thatcham believes new laws need to be introduced before autonomous cars arrive Vehicle safety expert Thatcham says framework for insurers needs to be introduced before driverless cars appear on UK roads The Association of British Insurers (ABI) and vehicle safety expert Thatcham Research are pushing for new autonomous vehicle data laws, allowing insurers to view data after an accident involving a
42 Autocar RSS Feed /

i-f83DHT4.png

The Racing Sheet

BMW ramps up Bathurst 12 Hour preparations
300+News – Speedcafe / by Stefan Bartholomaeus / 13h
BMW has undertaken an unprecedented private test at Mount Panorama as it ramps up preparations for February’s Bathurst 12 Hour

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9HE8YTKh8rE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here’s a good look at the 2017 Dakar rally route
6Canada Moto Guide / by CMG Staff / 3d
The final route for the 2017 Dakar has been published, and some fans are going to be unhappy; it looks like WRC-style stages are back again.

Racing gossip: WSB schedule up, and more
CMG News / by Grandstand / 15h
In other news, Hutch is back with Tyco BMW next year, and Guintoli is moving to Blighty to race (again).

Kawasaki’s Rea Tops MotoGP Field at Jerez Winter Superbike Tests
Ultimate MotorCycling / by Ron Lieback / 4h
Kawasaki's Jonathan Rea was quicker than even the MotoGP riders during the Jerez Winter Superbike Tests in Spain, the final testing of 2016.

Montreal Mayor confirms 2017 Canadian GP will happen
"There will be a Grand Prix of Canada in 2017," confirms Montreal Mayor Denis Coderre.
2 Pitpass - the latest hottest F1 news / by editor@pitpass.co... /

1972 Training Film: Motorcycle Driving Tactics
46Silodrome / by James McBride / 1d
1972 Training Film: Motorcycle Driving Tactics Motorcycle Driving Tactics is a 1972 training film for motorcyclists designed to help save lives and reduce injury rates.

Abu Dhabi GP: Post Race press conference
2Pitpass - the latest hottest F1 news / by editor@pitpass.com / 23h
Today's post-race press conference with Lewis Hamilton, Nico Rosberg and Sebastian Vettel

Nico Rosberg 2016 F1 World Champion: A word with Keke
300+James Allen on F1 – The official James Allen websi... / by James Allen / 21h
Keke Rosberg has the unique accolade of being the only F1 world champion to witness his son winning a World Championship.

Insight: An irony of history as Sebastian Vettel avoids getting involved in F1 title mash up in Abu Dhabi
100+James Allen on F1 – The official James Allen websi... / by James Allen / 7h
One of the intriguing cameos in Sunday’s title deciding Abu Dhabi GP was Sebastian Vettel’s attack in the closing stages which fell short of passing Nico Rosberg on track.

i-grqwZr7-Th.jpg
FWIW

i-Xs5Tm4f.jpg

Spied: Mystery BMW GS snapped by Italians on the road. What do you reckon this is?
Spied: Mystery BMW GS snapped by Italians on the road. What do you reckon this is? So what the hell is this thing snapped by Italian publication Motociclismo? It’s out doing the miles on the road, so it’s nearing the end of whatever development schedule it’s been on so far. This is a fresh, new bike that’s been caught out and about. It’s a twin, according to insider information the bike is coming
1 MoreBikes /

0876-S.jpg

BIKE CANDY

i-b999QX7-L.jpg

RC149 had five cylinders
100+RocketGarage Cafe Racer / by Rocket Garage / 4d
The Honda 125 cc RC 149 Grand Prix is a Japanese made competition motorcycle built in 1966. It has a four-stroke, five-cylinder 125 cc engine; with a top speed of 130 mph (209.2 km/h).

i-jhhgx4P-L.jpg

Moto Classique: The Hopkins Collection—1964 BMW R60/2 Polizei
19RoadRUNNER Motorcycle Touring & Travel Magazine / by RoadRUNNER / 4h
This BMW police motorcycle was manufactured on February 4, 1964, one of 24 delivered to the Wiesbaden, Germany, police department on March 31, 1964. It came to America in the late 1960s

i-sxcGjBZ-L.jpg

Classic Motor Show, Birmingham NEC
The Classic Motor Show is an annual event for me now as well as classic cars the show also has a section dedicated to motorcycles. I only got to spend one day at the show this year so I decided to concentrate on the motorcycles, capturing two interesting machines. Eek Racing, Norton Sidecar Outfit (ink sketch) 1939 Velocette GTP (ink sketch)
1 Martin Squires Automotive Illustration / by Martin Squires /

i-j9XT4gt-L.jpg

‘Xaver’ BMW K100 – Titan Motorcycles
What’s the biggest change you’ve ever undergone when buying a new bike? For many of us, it’s simply the newer, bigger, better model of whatever it was we were already riding. The more daring of us might jump ship to another brand or, if they are getting old and all complain-y like me, something with a bit more comfort that’s easier on the wrists. But have you ever thought about making a really bi
1K Pipeburn.com / by Andrew /

i-xSf65pk-L.jpg

BMW Motorrad Japan x Wedge G 310 R
If you want to build a custom based on a current-production BMW, the top choice right now is the R nineT . We’ve also seen builders extract stunning results from sportier BMWs like the S 1000 R superbike and even the big R 1200 R roadster. We didn’t see this one coming, though: A flat tracker based on the featherweight new BMW G 310 R . Powered by a 313cc single and made in India by TVS, the G 31
1K Bike EXIF / by Wesley Reyneke /

i-whWfjNc-L.jpg

DON LUIS by XTR (2016)http://rocket-garage.blogspot.com/2016/11/don-luis-by-xtr-2016.html
96RocketGarage Cafe Racer / by Rocket Garage / 1h
1992 BMW R100R (Roadster) by XTR Pepo Come al solito la lista delle modifiche è lunghissima, ma se si vuole cambiare volto a una moto si deve lavorare pesantemente e Pepo sembra divertirsi a realizzare questi progetti TECHNICAL

The GS with a vertical twin is interesting.
Hard to tell if that's a driveshaft or large swingarm.

i-Xs5Tm4f.jpg

Back