• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Bench Racing & The Morning Reads

Crap, feels like a Mourning Read.

I will miss this thread but good luck in your endeavors and thank you SO MUCH for doing this over the years. I can't imagine the work that went into this but it was greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all your hard work.

If you decide to come back this way - I am sure we will have the light on.

Safe roads.

Wayne Koppa
#71,449

Noooo, not again!

How about a final request from the condemned? Could you post one last post that has a list of your daily links and sources that populated this thread?

I've grown accustomed to going to some regularly, which I picked up after the last sabbatical, but I'd love to see if there are blind spots.

Good luck,

Chase

Hey!

Could you send me yur address, Mika, in a PM.

Can't drop in for java if I don't know what to plug into the GARMIN.

In the old days, I'd just pester Mary or Rhonda at HQ.

These days, as some whom have tried to update their info for the Anon. Book found out, calls to South Carolina turn out to be a 'black hole.' :dunno

Could you send me yur address, Mika, in a PM.

Can't drop in for java if I don't know what to plug into the GARMIN.

In the old days, I'd just pester Mary or Rhonda at HQ.

These days, as some whom have tried to update their info for the Anon. Book found out, calls to South Carolina turn out to be a 'black hole.' :dunno

Got it Mika - thanks.

I agree to your terms - you order the Java - I'll provide the donuts (bit of an expert at that sort of thing!).

Last edited:
Thank You for the contribution... I'll raise a coffee in the a.m. & Best wishes Mika.

john

Bench Racing

Really missing John's work... :(

Hey Ian, I know you are one of those MOA "connected guys". Is there any truth to the rumor that while the MOA BoD was secretly plotting the midnight move of the St. Louis office, they also blacklisted the Bench Racing thread for being far more interesting and captivating than anything they do? :dunno I notice the BoD is also avoiding commenting on this thread as well. :scratch

Friedle

Where is page 440 and what the heck happened in there I'm asking
Is it me or is it not loading, answer these questions in any order you like
is that where the tactical nuke was dropped?

I am a paid member once again. In that sense, I am back. I continue to be busier than I want to be, yet enjoying what I am currently doing more and more. So while I will be back on the forum from time to time; however, I will not be resurecting BR&TMR in its old form any time soon. Next fall/early winter...who knows. I have some ideas for version 4. Don't hold your breath...go riding instead...we'll see what the cooler months bring.

Thank you for all the kind words, and missing my work. It means a great deal to me.

Hey Ian, I know you are one of those MOA "connected guys". Is there any truth to the rumor that while the MOA BoD was secretly plotting the midnight move of the St. Louis office, they also blacklisted the Bench Racing thread for being far more interesting and captivating than anything they do? :dunno I notice the BoD is also avoiding commenting on this thread as well. :scratch

Friedle

Response v1
I have always figured telling someone they are blacklisted is part of the blacklist process. If they did blacklist me they never told me. After a tedious process they took my money once again and let me in.

I may have started one version of the blacklist rumor unintentionally while responding to a reader. At one time this thread had a custom permanent link on the home page. In one of the system upgrades that link was on a long to do list that was never completed before another upgrade to the homepage and and yet another long to do list was created.

I was vocal about the move and related issues. However, the decision to stop BR&TMR was mine and began roughly in June. I stoped in (IIRC) in November when my then current membership ended. I know I can be a PITA and will admit to at times being Puckishly proud of that. I just don't believe I ever atained the acolade of a spot on the blacklist.

Response v2
Thanks for the left handed compliment. It means a great deal coming from you.

For now a bit of Bike Candy for old times sake.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 61
Back