Page 170 of 176 FirstFirst ... 70 120 160 168 169 170 171 172 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 2632

Thread: Bench Racing & The Morning Reads

Mika the Magnifcient

Quote Originally Posted by FELAW View Post
    Where is Mika when we need him?
    I hope he is charging up his batteries for a stunning return.

Stand By to Stand By (a dated military term)

Wayne Koppa
    Grayling, MI (sure is hot riding in Arkansas)
    #71449 Life
    Last edited by wkoppa; 09-18-2018 at 11:56 PM.

Dear Readers,

Forgive my absence and failure to post anything about it. On the day of my last post, I began a medical adventure that has kept me from posting. The adventure continues but I am getting back to a point where I can post again. Please give me a couple more weeks.

Thank you for being readers and your understanding.
    Mika

Until then...

The new BMW R 1250 GS and the new BMW R 1250 RT.
    17.09.2018 Press Kit

For more than 35 years, the flat-twin boxer engine in the BMW Motorrad GS and RT models has stood for powerful and reliable propulsion when it comes to setting off on an extended tour or a long-distance journey. With the extensively further advanced boxer engine with BMW ShiftCam technology, the new R 1250 GS and R 1250 RT achieve a whole new level of performance, culture and efficiency.

The press kit has 334 hi and low-resolution pictures of the bikes along with video links.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mika View Post
    Dear Readers,

Forgive my absence and failure to post anything about it. On the day of my last post, I began a medical adventure that has kept me from posting. The adventure continues but I am getting back to a point where I can post again. Please give me a couple more weeks.

Thank you for being readers and your understanding.
    Mika
    Dear Mika,

I was wondering if you were alright... You have no idea how much I appreciate your posts. I wanted to thank you for all your contributions, especially to this thread. Every time I see a new post from you in the Bench Racing & The Morning Reads, it makes my day!

Thank you very much!
    sometimes one goes slow, sometimes one goes fast.

Friday 28 September 2018

BMW Motorrad at INTERMOT 2018.
    BMW Group PressClub Global / 1d
    Two motorshow premieres and a wide-ranging support program attract visitors to the international motorcycle show in Cologne.

BMW Motorrad presents "Rent A Ride"..
    BMW Group PressClub Global / 7d
    Attractive short-term rental service for BMW motorcycles.

The new BMW R 1250 GS and the new BMW R 1250 RT.
    BMW Group PressClub Global / 9d
    For more than 35 years, the flat-twin boxer engine in the BMW Motorrad GS and RT models has stood for powerful and reliable propulsion when it comes to setting off on an extended tour or a long-distance journey. With the extensively

BMW Motorrad presents autonomous driving BMW R 1200 GS. Outlook on the future of motorcycle safety and technology in Miramas.
    26BMW Group PressClub Global / 15d
    BMW Motorrad's first autonomous motorbike was presented last week at the BMW Motorrad Techday 2018. A BMW R 1200 GS made its first rounds in front of assembled journalists, as if by magic, at the BMW Group testing ground in

Motorsport feeling in the style of the fifties and sixties: the BMW Group Classic at the Goodwood Revival 2018.
    6BMW Group PressClub Global / 29d
    The tradition-steeped circuit in southern England serves as a stage for the comeback of legendary racing vehicles: classics of the BMW, MINI, Rolls-Royce and BMW Motorrad brands will be presented against the authentic backdrop of a

Historic success for BMW Motorrad Classic and a fantastic spectacle.
    BMW Group PressClub Global / 16d
    At the Goodwood Revival, Troy Corser and Herbert Schwab astride the BMW R 57 Kompressor won the overall placings in the race for the Barry Sheene Memorial Trophy for the first time – Off the race track, BMW Group Classic also

BMW Racer Michal Filla wins Alpe Adria Road Racing Championship title.
    BMW Group PressClub Global / 24d
    The BMW Motorrad Motorsport family claimed its third title of 2018: Michal Filla (CZE) was crowned champion in the Superstock class of the Alpe Adria Road Racing Championship (AARR STK) with races to spare. Filla won one race and

Another top-three lock-out for BMW riders in the IDM – more wins and podiums in Great Britain, Spain and the US.
    1BMW Group PressClub Global / 17d
    BMW racers celebrated a top-three lock-out in the IDM and a total of five podium finishes. In the British Superbike Championship, Peter Hickman reached the Showdown. Two wins and five podiums were scored in the BSB Superstock class.

GERT56 by rs speedbikes celebrates Superstock win with the BMW S 1000 RR at the legendary Bol d’Or.
    BMW Group PressClub Global / 10d
    BMW Team GERT56 by rs speedbikes kicked off the 2018/19 season of the FIM Endurance World Championship with a win in the Superstock class at the Bol d’Or. Roberto Tamburini celebrated his first win of the season in the FIM

BMW Rider Experience 2018 divulga agenda de setembro
    BMW Group PressClub Brazil / 16d
    Treinamentos dentro e fora de pista, palestras e workshops são atrações. Inscrições devem ser feitas no site oficial do programa.

BMW MOTORRAD IN THE NEWS

The All-New 2019 BMW R1250GS and 2019 BMW R1250RT
    bmw motorcycles
    Total Motorcycle News (press release) (b... / 6d
    The All-New 2019 BMW R1250GS and 2019 BMW R1250RT Total Motorcycle News (press release) (blog) Full coverage

TVS Apache RR310, BMW G310 R & G310 GS: Who should buy what?
    bmw motorcycles
    Cartoq (blog) / 6d
    TVS Apache RR310, BMW G310 R & G310 GS:

Motoring review: Is the BMW R 1200 GS Adventure the time of your life or as disappointing as a damp hike?
    bmw motorcycles
    City A.M. / 6d
    Is the BMW R 1200 GS Adventure the time of your life or as disappointing as a damp hike?

The long time king of England’s motorcycle sales and the rest of the worlds adventure bikes is being challenged in new ways. Is the thrown at risk because of some problem with the long time ruler or a market changes?

Honda X-ADV Dethrones BMW R 1200 GS From the Top of the Sales
    bmw motorcycles
    RideApart / 19d
    Honda X-ADV Dethrones BMW R 1200 GS From the Top of the Sales RideApart Full coverage

2019 BMW Adventure Model Details Uncovered
    bmw motorcycles
    Cycleworld / 26d
    2019 BMW Adventure Model Details Uncovered Cycleworld Full coverage

A First Peek at the New BMW S 1000 RR
    bmw motorcycles
    RideApart / 16d
    A First Peek at the New BMW S 1000 RR RideApart Full coverage

BMW Motorcycle Dealerships Top Ranked for Response to Customer Internet Inquiries, Reports Pied Piper PSI
    bmw motorcycles
    Business Wire (press release) / 17d
    BMW Motorcycle Dealerships Top Ranked for Response to Customer Internet Inquiries, Reports Pied Piper PSI Business Wire (press release) Full coverage

New motorcycles added to Virginia State Police's fleet
    bmw motorcycles
    13newsnow.com WVEC / 19d
    New motorcycles added to Virginia State Police's fleet 13newsnow.com WVEC Full coverage

BMW Motorrad USA Returns To 14th Annual Barber Vintage Festival
    bmw motorcycles
    Total Motorcycle News (press release) (b... / 10h
    BMW Motorrad USA Returns To 14th Annual Barber Vintage Festival Total Motorcycle News (press release) (blog) Full coverage

BMW Motorrad hosts rider training in Pampanga
    bmw motorcycles
    Sun.Star / 21h
    BMW Motorrad hosts rider training in Pampanga Sun.Star Full coverage

Cycleweird Short: The Krauser Domani
    bmw motorcycles
    RideApart / 2d
    Cycleweird Short: The Krauser Domani RideApart Full coverage

BMW Motorrad 90 Days No Payments with 3.9% APR on Select Models
    bmw motorcycles
    Total Motorcycle News (press release) (b... / 4d
    BMW Motorrad 90 Days No Payments with 3.9% APR on Select Models Total Motorcycle News (press release) (blog) BMW Motorrad reveals self-riding R 1200 GS Autocar Professional Full coverage

Bimmer

The new BMW Z4.
    BMW Group PressClub Global / 8d
    The new BMW Z4 – a premium open-top sports car boasting a classic fabric soft-top, an emotion-packed body design and a puristic, driver-focused interior.

BMW 5 Series Sedan stars in “Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan”
    17BMW Group PressClub Global / 30d
    BMW and Amazon present the BMW 5 Series alongside legendary character Jack Ryan in the spectacular new series on Prime Video

Through death valley in the prototype of the BMW 8 Series Convertible.
    45BMW Group PressClub Global / 29d
    BMW continues model offensive in the luxury segment – Open-top four seater of the BMW 8 Series undergoes hot climate testing in the USA.

“Hey BMW, now we’re talking!” BMWs Are About To Get a Personality with Introduction of New Sophisticated In-Car Intelligent Personal Assistant.
    BMW Group PressClub USA / 20d
    San Francisco - Sept. 6, 2018…The BMW Group announced today the introduction of the BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant -- a new proprietary in-car AI assistant that will enhance the BMW driving experience. The always on-

Electrifying power for supreme driving pleasure: the new BMW X5 xDrive45e iPerformance.
    BMW Group PressClub USA / 20d
    Attention U.S. Media: The specs and information in this release refers to European models only. U.S. specific vehicle information will be finalized closer to market launch in 2020 as a 2021 model year. New edition of the Sports

BMW i3 cars help stabilizing the electricity grid and can even earn their owners money.
    2BMW Group PressClub Global / 14d
    At the San Francisco climate summit, “BMW i ChargeForward” shows how intelligent charging can benefit both, electric mobility and the transition to a sustainable energy futur

Successful sports cars from three eras come together on the route between the River Weser, the North Sea and the River Elbe
    BMW Group PressClub Global / 19d
    The eleventh “Hamburg-Berlin Classic” rally will start in Bremen. – BMW Group Classic is nominating a BMW 328, a BMW 3.0 CSL and a BMW M1 for the journey through northern Germany.

Warm-up on the Nürburgring: First official presentation of the BMW X3 M and the BMW X4 M.
    BMW Group PressClub USA / 19d
    BMW M GmbH extends its range of four-wheel drive high-performance models – Camouflaged prototypes to be presented at a driving event during the supporting programme of the DTM races.

BMW MotorSports

Alessandro Zanardi on his guest start in the DTM: “Fifth place feels like a gold medal.”
    3BMW Group PressClub Global / 30d
    Alessandro Zanardi (ITA) came through his much-anticipated guest start at the Misano (ITA) DTM weekend with flying colours. The Italian finished a sensational fifth in the Sunday race. In an interview, Zanardi looks back at this

Baja Poland 2018 – Round 9, FIA Cross Country Rally World Cup.
    1BMW Group PressClub Global / 29d
    • Two MINI John Cooper Works Rally to compete at Baja Poland, 31st August-2nd September 2018. • Polish cross-country rally stars Jakub ‘Kuba’ Przygonski and Krzysztof Holowczyc line up on home soil in MINI John Cooper works Rally

Legendary vehicles from Bavaria line up for the start of the “Creme 21 youngtimer rally”.
    BMW Group PressClub Global / 27d
    BMW Group Classic is showing its commitment as the main sponsor of the youngtimer tour once again. The iconic BMW M1 and BMW 3.0 CSL coupés are reminiscent of the 1970s and will lead a colourful flotilla of vehicles. For the first time, the 17th edition of the cult touring event will also include two c

BMW Motorsport News - Issue 30/2018.
    21BMW Group PressClub Global / 24d
    BMW Motorsport Juniors triumphant at the Hungaroring – Championship victory for Ojjeh and the BMW M6 GT3.

BMW Motorsport News - Issue 31/2018.
    1BMW Group PressClub Global / 17d
    Martin Tomczyk on the Nordschleife in the BMW M4 DTM – Victory for BimmerWorld Racing at Laguna Seca.

BMW Motorsport News - Issue 32/2018.
    Victory and podiums: Success for BMW Motorsport Juniors at the Nürburgring and Silverstone.

BMW Motorsport News – Issue 33/2018.
    19BMW Group PressClub Global / 3d
    Title win for the BMW M4 GT4 in the British GT Championship – new world record for Alex Zanardi.

Milestone event for BMW M Motorsport at Nürburgring DTM weekend.
    BMW Group PressClub Global / 24d
    After trips abroad to Zandvoort (NED), Brands Hatch (GBR) and Misano (ITA), the DTM now returns to Germany. BMW M Motorsport will reach an important milestone this coming weekend, at round eight of the season, which takes place

Spengler reaches the podium for BMW – four BMW drivers in the points at the Nürburgring.
    43BMW Group PressClub Global / 18d
    In the 15th race of the 2018 DTM season, BMW Team RBM’s Bruno Spengler achieved his first podium finish of the season at the Nürburgring (GER). After 40 laps, the Canadian driver crossed the finishing line second in the BMW Bank M4

Anniversary podium: Wittmann reaches the rostrum in the 100th DTM race for BMW since 2012.
    31BMW Group PressClub Global / 17d
    In BMW Team RMG’s home race at the Nürburgring (GER), Marco Wittmann (GER) finished third to reach the podium in the BMW Driving Experience M4 DTM.

BMW M Motorsport enters the 2018 DTM season finishing straight in Styria.
    BMW Group PressClub Global / 9d
    The 2018 DTM season is entering the finishing straight for BMW M Motorsport and the BMW DTM teams: this weekend (21st to 23rd September), the Red Bull Ring near Spielberg (AUT) hosts the penultimate event of the year. BMW M

300th DTM race for BMW in Spielberg – Three BMW M4 DTMs finish in the top-ten.
    28BMW Group PressClub Global / 4d
    Marco Wittmann (GER, BMW Driving Experience M4 DTM) was the best-placed BMW driver in Spielberg (AUT) on Saturday, finishing seventh in the 300th race for BMW in the DTM. Philipp Eng (AUT, SAMSUNG BMW M4 DTM) and Augusto

BMW Team RLL Looking to Continue Winning Ways at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca; BMW Customer Racing Drivers Jones and Galante Lead Street Tuner Battle.
    BMW Group PressClub USA / 21d
    Woodcliff Lake, N.J. – Sept. 5, 2018… Following the first GTLM class victory and double-podium finish for the BMW M8 GTE program at Virginia International Raceway, BMW Team RLL has its sights set on this weekend’s IMSA WeatherTech

BMW Team RLL heads to Laguna Seca with a lot of momentum after the maiden victory for the BMW M8 GTE.
    37BMW Group PressClub Global / 20d
    Following the first BMW M8 GTE victory and a third place at the previous round at Virginia International Raceway (USA), BMW Team RLL heads to this weekend’s IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship round at Laguna Seca

BMW Team RLL Qualifies Fifth and Eighth at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca; Alexander Sims - P5, Jesse Krohn - P8.
    BMW Group PressClub USA / 18d
    Woodcliff Lake, N.J. – Sept. 8, 2018… As the most recent GTLM class winners at Virginia International Raceway as well as defending winners here at Laguna Seca, BMW Team RLL has been keeping their heads down and focusing on

BMW M8 GTE Earns Second Consecutive Season Victory and Third BMW Win in Four Years at Laguna Seca With Smart Strategy and Luck; De Phillippi, Sims - P1, Edwards, Krohn - P4
    BMW Group PressClub USA / 16d
    Woodcliff Lake, N.J. – Sept. 10, 2018… BMW Team RLL recorded the team’s 19th victory and 73rd podium finish since beginning in 2009 with a second consecutive 2018 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship GTLM class

Ready for Season 5: BMW iFE.18 and BMW i Andretti Motorsport team launched in Munich.
    BMW Group PressClub Global / 13d
    The stage is set for the car and the team that BMW will enter in the ABB FIA Formula E Championship as of Season 5. On Friday, BMW i Motorsport presented the new BMW iFE.18 and the new BMW i Andretti Motorsport team at

Interview with Charly Lamm: “I remain connected to BMW with all my heart”.
    21BMW Group PressClub Global / 18d
    At the start of the week, BMW Team Schnitzer announced that 2019 will herald some personnel changes for the long-established team from Freilassing (GER). On 1st January, long-term team principal Charly Lamm (GER) will hand over

The BMW M235i Racing Cup becomes the BMW M240i Racing Cup - BMW Cup class to remain an integral part of the VLN for a further two years.
    49BMW Group PressClub Global / 6d
    Since 2014, the BMW M235i Racing Cup has been an integral part of the VLN. BMW Motorsport has now extended its contracts with the racing series and tyre partner Dunlop by a further two years. Thanks to an Evo package for the car, as

BMW Group News

BMW Group adjusts guidance for current financial year
    BMW Group PressClub Global / 2d
    Munich. The BMW Group is updating its guidance for the current financial year. The company always expected 2018 to be a challenging year, due in part to additional upfront investments of around one billion euros for future mobility

The BMW Vision iNEXT World Flight. Two companies – one mission.
    BMW Group PressClub USA / 29d
    Munich, New York, San Francisco and Beijing – four destinations on three continents in five days: The BMW Group is teaming up with Lufthansa Cargo to present the BMW Vision iNEXT World Flight as part of an event unparalleled in

A glimpse into the future with BMW i. "Silent game watch."
    BMW Group PressClub Global / 28d
    The BMW i3 is silent and carries much electricity on board; often even more than what is needed for driving. This video shows what could be done with it. The BMW i engineers are working on it.. (BMW i3 as a electricity dispenser)

BMW i Ventures Announces Strategic Investment in Vera
    BMW Group PressClub USA / 26d
    Mountain View, CA – August 31, 2018… BMW i Ventures has announced a strategic investment in Vera, a company developing innovative data-centric security technology for business of all sizes.

BMW Group builds new Driving Simulation Centre in Munich.
    BMW Group PressClub Global / 23d
    World’s most advanced facility of its kind provides unique possibilities for development of autonomous driving systems – Construction begins as part of the “FIZ Future” masterplan; completion in 2020; investment of around 100

Appointment of Ms. Ritu Chandy as Regional CEO of BMW Group, Financial Services for Asia Pacific.
    BMW Group PressClub Asia / 22d
    BMW Group has appointed Ms. Ritu Chandy as the Regional Chief Executive Officer of Financial Services for its Asia Pacific operations effective 1 July 2018.

BMW Group Financial Services Announces Six Startups Selected to Join First U.S. Collaboration Lab.
    BMW Group PressClub USA / 19d
    Hilliard, OH – September 7, 2018… BMW Group Financial Services in the U.S. announced today the selection of six startups for the first-ever BMW Financial Services Collaboration Lab. The start-ups will now undertake a 10-week lab at

Personnel changes at the BMW Group
    New responsibilities in Sales and Marketing and at BMW M

BMW Group and Swiss Re develop ground-breaking car insurance concept
    BMW Group PressClub Global / 13d
    New assessment method considers integration of safety-relevant driver assistance systems

MINI

Mini Usa Partners With The Little Black Pearl Art & Design Academy And Saatchi Art To Promote Literacy In Chicago, Il.
    BMW Group PressClub USA / 1h
    Woodcliff Lake, NJ – September 27, 2018 – MINI USA is pleased to announce a partnership with the Little Black Pearl Art & Design Academy and Saatchi Art to help promote literacy in Chicago, IL.

A car’s lifetime in fast-forward: The new BMW 3 Series Sedan enters the final phase of testing.
    31BMW Group PressClub Global / 15d
    Before it can go into series production, the new edition of the sports sedan must first complete a programme of testing whose breadth and intensity far exceed the stresses and strains of everyday driving.

Specifications of the MINI Clubman, valid from September 2018.
    BMW Group PressClub Global / 26d
    Specifications of the MINI Clubman, valid from September 2018.

Specifications of the MINI Countryman, valid from September 2018.
    Specifications of the MINI Countryman, valid from September 2018.

Specifications of the MINI Convertible, valid from September 2018.
    Specifications of the MINI Convertible, valid from September 2018.

Specifications of the MINI 5 door, valid from September 2018.
    Specifications of the MINI 5 door, valid from September 2018.

Mini Usa Offers Low Cost Mini Oxford Edition For College Students And Recent Graduates
    BMW Group PressClub USA / 21d
    Woodcliff Lake, NJ – September 5, 2018… With college students across the country returning to school and recent graduates coming off their first summer post-graduation, MINI USA is offering the well-equipped, low cost 2019 MINI

Rolls Royce Motorcars

Silicon Valley Tech Executive Takes Delivery Of Bespoke Rolls-Royce Dawn Black Badge At Pebble Beach
    Rolls-Royce Motor Cars PressClub / 30d
    Benjamin Treynor Sloss, Vice President of Engineering at Google and a well-known car enthusiast, has taken delivery of a very personal Rolls-Royce Dawn Black Badge at this year’s Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance.

Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Takes The Luxury Of Privacy To A New Level
    Rolls-Royce Motor Cars PressClub / 27d
    As the world’s leading luxury brand, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars is best placed to understand and harness the many different possibilities of luxury for its influential clients. Throughout history the power brokers and history makers

Rolls-Royce Celebrates 2018 Goodwood Revival
    Rolls-Royce Motor Cars PressClub / 21d
    Rolls-Royce Motor Cars will celebrate the 2018 Goodwood Revival this weekend – the 20th anniversary of the event – with a significant presence at the legendary motor circuit. The centrepiece will be the March Motor Works, this year set in

Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Announces Eighth Showroom In Leeds
    Rolls-Royce Motor Cars PressClub / 20d
    The world’s leading luxury house has inaugurated a showroom in the United Kingdom’s fastest growing city.

PHOTO CREDIT

BMW IN THE NEWS

BMW's first profit warning in decade adds to board tension
    bmw ag
    Gulf Times / 12h
    BMW's first profit warning in decade adds to board tension Gulf Times Full coverage

BMW Has Committed the Ultimate Heresy: A Profit Warning
    bmw ag
    Washington Post / 1d
    BMW Has Committed the Ultimate Heresy:

Why BMW AG Cut Its 2018 Profit Guidance
    2The Motley Fool / 1d
    BMW AG (NASDAQOTH: BAMXF) has cut its full-year profit guidance. The German automaker said on Tuesday that it now expects the costs of adjusting to new emission rules and the effects of global trade disputes to cut into its 2018

Europe stocks end in the green, boosted by major oil companies
    bmw ag
    MarketWatch / 1d
    Europe stocks end in the green, boosted by major oil companies MarketWatch Full coverage

Detailed BMW M2 Competition Owner Review 500 Miles In
    BMW Forum, BMW News and BMW Blog - BIMME... / 2d
    In-Depth BMW M2 Competition Owner Review

BMW drives to cut battery costs, share costs on autonomous vehicles: executive
    bmw ag
    Reuters / 11d
    BMW drives to cut battery costs, share costs on autonomous vehicles:... executive Reuters BMW drives to cut battery costs, share costs on autonomous vehicles Free Malaysia Today Full coverage

BMW's plans for Mini and Rolls-Royce in the 2020s
    bmw ag
    just-auto.com / 30d
    BMW's plans for Mini and Rolls-Royce in the 2020s just-auto.com Full coverage

BIKE CANDY

BMW Motorrad CEO shares his first encounter with San Miguel Beer
    bmw motorcycles
    Top Gear Philippines / 10h
    BMW Motorrad CEO shares his first encounter with San Miguel Beer Top Gear Philippines Full coverage

Welcome back - you've been missed!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffshoaf View Post
    Welcome back - you've been missed!
    Thank you.

Tuesday Reader: 2 October 2018

Motorrad - On the Street and Track

FWIW

The manufacturer press conferences have begun at INTERMOT . This is the kickoff to the European Power Sports show season. If your news feeds have not blown up with information on the latest and greatest they will shortly.

INTERMOT is BMW Motorrad’s “Home Show” and has been the site for many of the major releases for the Roundel product line. Multiple introductions have been promised for this year. Does the announced upgrade to the boxer engine in the GS and RT count among them or are their others to come? A new S 1000 RR is expected. Are upgrades to the rest of the 1000 product line in store?

In November BMW Motorrad will be in Milan for the EIMCA Show. The BMW Rider Accessory line normally plays a big role for this event; however, not just gear. The S 1000 XR made its debut at Milan after the INTERMOT show had been used for product updates to other lines. Is a sub 500cc sibling in the works for current G line?

As time permits I will update you with BMW Pressclub and other manufacturer information. Until then, enjoy today’s post as a way to tide you over.

INTERMOT 2018 Poised to Break Records
    Motorcycle & Powersports News / 1d
    We’re only a matter of days from the beginning of INTERMOT 2018 in Cologne, Germany, and expectations are high for a record attendance on both trade and consumer days. INTERMOT 2016 broke all records to-date for its show

Your Definitive Guide to All the New Motorcycles Expected for 2019
    61Asphalt & Rubber » Asphalt & Rubber / 5h
    Here is a rundown on all the new motorcycles that are going to debut at INTERMOT, AIMExpo, and EICMA for the 2019 model year and beyond. The post Your Definitive Guide to All the New Motorcycles Expected for 2019

Intermot and EICMA: What to expect at the European bike shows
    Canada Moto Guide / 6d
    It's the most wonderful time of the year, if you like to ogle new motorcycles. Source

BMW MOTORRAD IN THE NEWS

Two titles in one weekend: Markus Reiterberger is Superstock European champion, Ilya Mikhalchik champion in the IDM.
    BMW Group PressClub Global / 6h
    The alpha Racing-Van-Zon-BMW team had twice the reason to celebrate when team principal Werner Daemen’s crew won the titles in two international championships at the weekend. Markus Reiterberger (GER) was crowned

New BMW S1000RR 2019 leaked in design patent application
    1Superbike Magazine / 24d
    It’s no secret that BMW’s S1000RR is much-loved at Superbike towers, and for much the same reason the rest of the two wheeled world and his dog love it. Since it arrived 10 years ago, it’s built a reputation as the easiest superbike to

BMW’s Entire Boxer Range Gets an Update for 2019
    500+Asphalt & Rubber » Asphalt & Rubber / 23d
    A bit of a surprise, the entire boxer-powered lineup from BMW Motorrad is getting an engine upgrade for the 2019 model year. Expect them to debut at INTERMOT. The post BMW’s Entire Boxer Range Gets an Update for 2019

2019 BMW R1250GS First Look Review
    400+Motorcyclist / 3d
    News Variable cam timing, LED lighting, and a new TFT display BMW has unveiled the 2019 R1250GS, complete with variable cam timing.

The new BMW R1250RT is here
    86Visordown / 7d
    Image: The new R 1250 RT gives you more freedom on tour than ever before.

BMW's latest carbon-fibre technology for bikes
    4Visordown / 18d
    Image: Munich firm's Motorrad division shows us the details behind its future carbon tech

The India market is experiencing delivery delays
    assic to BMW GS 310: Motorcycles with the LONGEST waiting periods
    bmw motorcycles
    Cartoq (blog) / 12h
    Motorcycles with the LONGEST waiting periods Cartoq (blog) Full coverage

BMW R nineT Urban GS: bringing '80s styling to the 21st century
    bmw motorcycles
    BizNews / 1d
    BMW R nineT Urban GS:

OTHER MANUFACTURERS

Motus Motorcycles Shuts Doors After Losing Financial Backers
    bmw motorcycles
    1Powersports Finance / 24d
    Motus Motorcycles Shuts Doors After Losing Financial Backers Powersports Finance Full coverage

Harley is winning in Europe-without a trade war
    bmw motorcycles
    The Spokesman-Review / 2d
    Harley is winning in Europe-without a trade war The Spokesman-Review Full coverage

In Europe, the American-made Harley-Davidson sells; but US cars do not
    bmw motorcycles
    The Providence Journal / 57min
    In Europe, the American-made Harley-Davidson sells; but US cars do not The Providence Journal Full coverage

2019 Harley Davidson Electric motorcycle first look video - Launch next year
    1Harley-Davidson Motorcycle News / 12d
    Harley Davidson has showcased the production version of the new LiveWire - their all first ever electric motorcycle. It will be launched to mark the brands 115th anniversary celebration.

Harley-Davidson Creates New RD Facility In Silicon Valley
    Motorcycle.com / 2d
    The latest news from Harley-Davidson shows the company’s investment into new tech moving forward. Begin Press Release: HARLEY-DAVIDSON CREATES NEW ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY R&D FACILITY IN SILICON VALLEY

The future of Harley-Davidson as Harley-Davidson sees it
    400+RevZilla Articles / 16d
    During Harley-Davidson's big party in Milwaukee to celebrate the last 115 years, executives talked about plans for the years to come.

Inventory has been a long term problem for H-D. Even in the high demand pre-crash years excess production inventory combined with used presented a problem.
    A Glut of Used Hogs Is a Drag on Harley-Davidson
    bmw motorcycles
    Wall Street Journal / 25min
    A Glut of Used Hogs Is a Drag on Harley-Davidson Wall Street Journal Harley sales rev up in Europe, despite trade war Fort Wayne Journal Gazette Full coverage

Registrations New - Used - Harley Davidson Sales

Ducati Gets New Chief Financial Officer
    Motorcycle News / 1h
    Oliver Stein has been appointed as new Chief Financial Officer and Member of the Board of Management of Ducati Motor Holding from October 1st. In this role, Oliver Stein will be responsible for finance, controlling and Information

Rotax, Motorcyclists Miss You
    Harley-Davidson Motorcycle News / 16h
    Rotax has supplied powerful, stone-reliable engines for anything and everything wonderful in the world. Airplanes, karts, snowmobiles, and watercraft have all benefited from power provided by the storied Austrian engine manufacturer.

Zero Motorcycles Is First Motorcycle Brand To Be Listed On The General Services Administration
    Motorcycle.com / 2d
    This is a huge step for electric motorcycles! Congratulations to Zero Motorcycles for being included in the General Services Administration listings. Begin Press Release: ZERO MOTORCYCLES BECOMES FIRST ELECTRIC MOTORCYCLE

Yamaha Is Moving Its USA Headquarters Out of California
    2KAsphalt & Rubber » Asphalt & Rubber / 15d
    In order to save on business operation costs, Yamaha is moving its USA headquarters away from the motorcycle industry in California and out to Georgia.

SWM Announces 600cc SuperDual Adventure Bike Coming to USA
    300+ADV Pulse / 23d
    SWM has announced their much anticipated SuperDual X and T models are coming to the USA sometime late this fall or by early next year. The Italian middleweight Adventure Motorcycle is currently going through the
    FWIW SWM owns the old BMW - Husqvarna production plant.

MC NEWS

EU Motorcycle Registrations Up During 1st Half of 2018, According to ACEM Report
    1Motorcycle & Powersports News / 3d
    An increase in motorcycles on the road is a positive sign for the powersports industry, and the latest figures of the European Association of Motorcycle Manufacturers (ACEM) indicate that registrations of motorcycles in the EU
    FWIW Registrations may be the best pulse of the motorcycle world’s health. New motorcycle sales may be the test of the manufacturing segment of motorcycling but that is only part of the story.

Here’s a good peek at the upcoming Suzuki Katana
    CMG News / 1d
    Suzuki has promised we've got something exciting coming at Intermot next week. Source

KTM Unveils 450 Rally Replica Ahead of INTERMOT
    The customer version of the KTM factory rally machine, the KTM 450 RALLY REPLICA, is almost identical to those ridden by Dakar winners Walkner, Toby Price and Sam Sunderland.

Indian FTR1200 Confirmed for INTERMOT Debut Next Week
    98Asphalt & Rubber » Asphalt & Rubber / 5d
    A teaser video from the Indian tells us that the FTR1200 street tracker will debut at the INTERMOT show in Cologne, Germany next week. The post Indian FTR1200 Confirmed for INTERMOT Debut Next Week appeared first on Asphalt
    FWIW Actually it is this week, but who is keeping track?

Royal Enfield 650 Models Announced With North American Pricing and Availability (Bike Reports) (News)
    4MotorcycleDaily.com - Motorcycle News, E... / 1d
    If you want a retro-styled 650 on a tight budget, you might want to wait until early next year when Royal Enfield offers the Continental GT 650 and the INT 650 in the United States at remarkably affordable prices. Starting at $5,799 (

Harley-Davidson’s brutal looking new Streetfighter 975
    Motorcycle Sport & Leisure » Feed / 1d
    Planned to launch in early 2020, this is Harley’s new Streetfighter 975. To keep up to date with and everything Motorcycle Sport and Leisure, like our Facebook page or subscribe to our monthly magazine online , and follow us on Instagram!

2019 Indian FTR 1200 and FTR 1200 S first look
    500+RevZilla Articles / 4h
    After all the hoopla, Indian pulls the cover off its street-legal flat-track-styled bike.

ROAD TESTS / REVIEWS

Royal Enfield Continental GT: Riding
    sideburnmagazine / 1d
    After spending the last two days around the Santa Cruz/San Jose putting 290 miles of twisty forest and quick coastal roads on the two options of the new Royal Enfield 650 Twin I'm left feeling very impressed with them.

2017 KTM 690 Enduro R | Long-Term Ride Review
    1Rider Magazine / 1d
    Nelson-Rigg’s light-but-durable Sierra Dry Saddlebags are attached to KTM’s tubular Case Carrier System. Even holding just a spare tube, the Front Fender Bag makes the fender flex a lot over rough terrain. Photos by Kevin Wing.

2019 Honda Monkey | First Ride Review
    94Rider Magazine / 1d
    They say you meet the nicest people on a Honda…and there are few bikes as nice (or as gosh-darn cute) as the Honda Monkey. Photos by Kevin Wing.

2019 Ducati Scrambler Icon: MD First Ride (Bike Reports) (News)
    2MotorcycleDaily.com - Motorcycle News, E... / 3d
    Ducati seemed to have impeccable timing when it introduced the sub-brand “Scrambler” for the 2015 model year with the original Icon.

Test Ride: 2018 Yamaha Super Ténéré
    CMG News / 1h
    It's a bit of a stretch to sling a leg over the adventure bike's seat, but Dean does it just for you. Source

RIDING

Let motorcycles drive between lanes, and give them room, California Highway Patrol says
    1Motorcycle News / 1d
    Motorcyclists drive between lanes of cars on the 405 Freeway in Long Beach in 2007. Lane splitting by motorcycles has been allowed by California law for nearly two years.

Are you prepared for a traffic stop?
    2RevZilla Articles / 3d
    Simple steps now might save you later.

GEAR

Dutch Study Notes Motorcycle Helmets Provide Insufficient Protection Against Hearing Damage
    The Dutch motorcycle magazine Promotor recently published a large-scale motorcycle helmet test. System helmets from different brands underwent an extensive drop test and were also subjected to a wind noise measurement.

TECH

Tech talk: IMU
    Motorcycle Sport & Leisure » Feed / 2h
    All you need to know about IMUs in less time than it takes to pluck up the courage to ask your mates about them. IMU (which stands for Inertial Measurement Unit) is an acronym that pops up in conversation more and more

Starter’s Guide to Adventure Bike Tools and Trailside Repairs
    40ADV Pulse / 1d
    The trick to selecting the right adventure bike tools to carry is bring exactly what you need and nothing more. But that’s like trying to guess the future. How do you know what’s going to go wrong with your bike?

How Does The Crankshaft Drive The Clutch And Gearbox On A Motorcycle?
    61Cycle World / 15d
    Bikes Tracing engine power production from the pistons to the rear wheel Kevin Cameron explains how irregular production of power by a series of combustion events is transformed into the smooth rotation of a motorcycle’s rear wheel.

FWIW

B-17 Wright R-1820 Cyclone Radial Engine Table
    200+Silodrome / 2d
    B-17 Wright R-1820 Cyclone Radial Engine Table This B-17 Wright R-1820 Cyclone radial engine table is built from a decommissioned R-1820 engine – this is the motor that powered every wartime example of the Boeing B-17 Flying

This old chestnut gets a rework.
    Superbike takes on F1 car, private jet, fighter jet and three supercars - but will it win?
    2Motorcycle News / 6d
    The drivers raced alongside each other on a 400-metre runway as two pilots took off next to them at Istanbul's new international airport. The drivers raced alongside each other on a 400 metre runway as the two pilots took off next to

The Racing Sheet

1914 Harley-Davidson wins fifth coast-to-coast Motorcycle Cannonball
    100+RevZilla Articles / 2d
    A 3,441-mile journey with a catch: no motorcycles newer than 1928.

The 2018 Bol d’Or: A crazy race!
    FIM EWC | Endurance World Championship / 1d
    Featuring multiple lead changes, high drama, major setbacks and many reversals of fortune, the 82nd Bol d’Or was a thriller of a race, packed with suspense for the entire 24 hours. A look back at the highlights of mid-September’s opening

On The Cusp Of Change—Norton At The 1948 Isle Of Man TT
    90Motorcyclist / 3d
    Videos One year before the World Championship Grand Prix series and two years before the Featherbed frame, Norton was at a crossroads In this period footage, frustrated men fettle an aging machine.

Jonathan Rea Makes History by Winning His Fourth Consecutive WorldSBK Championship
    39Asphalt & Rubber » Asphalt & Rubber / 6h
    Jonathan Rea makes WorldSBK history, by winning his fourth consecutive World Superbike Championship.

No easing off for the champion: Rea makes it a double in France
    SBK / 10h
    Eighth consecutive win for the KRT rider who matches best WorldSBK winning streak since 2006

Mid-season Kawasaki 'transformation' key to title - Rea
    Motorsport.com - MOTOGP - Stories / 2h
    The 2018 season saw a raft of new changes brought to WSBK aimed at hindering Kawasaki's dominance and bringing the field closer together, with the most notable being the adjusted rev limits. Kawasaki was hit hardest by this, losing

2018 World Superbike Standings After Race 22, Magny-Cours, France
    3MotoMatters.com / 4h
    WorldSBK standings after race 2 at Magny-Cours: Round Number: 11 Year: 2018

2018 Magny-Cours WorldSBK Sunday Press Releases
    MotoMatters.com / now
    Press releases from the series organizer and some of the teams after the championship-defining races on Sunday at Magny-Cours:

Gulf Althea BMW rider Loris Baz prepares for his home round
    Althea Racing / 8h
    Gulf Althea BMW rider Loris Baz prepares for his home round Rome (Italy), Tuesday 25 September 2018 The Gulf Althea BMW team travels in the direction of France, and the ‘Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours’, for round eleven of the 2018

2018 Magny-Cours WorldSBK Sunday Press Releases
    MotoMatters.com / 16min

Press releases from the series organizer and some of the teams after the championship-defining races on Sunday at Magny-Cours:

Baz rounds out his home round in tenth place at Magny Cours
    Althea Racing / 8h
    Baz rounds out his home round in tenth place at Magny Cours Magny Cours (France), Sunday 30 September 2018 On track at Magny Cours in France, the Gulf Althea BMW Racing Team and rider Loris Baz have closed the weekend’s

Top ten for Baz and Gulf Althea BMW in race 1 at Magny-Cours
    Althea Racing / 8h
    Top ten for Baz and Gulf Althea BMW in race 1 at Magny-Cours Magny-Cours (France), Saturday 29 September 2018 Racing at home this weekend, at the Nevers Magny Cours circuit in France, Gulf Althea BMW rider Loris Baz crossed

MotoGP Bikes Brake Longer Than Superbikes At Misano
    Motorcycle.com / 2d
    Fascinating information from Brembo about how MotoGP machines differ from production-based Superbikes. Hint: they’re much faster. Begin press release: The MotoGP World Championship season is heading into its last third of the

FIA.com Russian Grand Prix: Events and Timing Information

Motor racing-Team by team analysis of the Russian Grand Prix
    Reuters: Motor Sports News / 5h
    Team by team analysis of Sunday's Russian Grand Prix (listed in championship order):

url=https://uk.reuters.com/article/motor-f1-russia-verstappen/motor-racing-verstappen-stands-out-on-21st-birthday-idUKL4N1WG0E2?feedType=RSS&feedName=motorSportsNews]Motor racing-Verstappen stands out on 21st birthday[/url]
    Reuters: Motor Sports News / 6h
    Max Verstappen celebrated his 21st birthday in style on Sunday with the Red Bull driver carving from the back of the Russian Grand Prix grid to first in the space of 19 laps.

Worth it? Hamilton gifted Russian F1 GP win by Bottas for extra seven points
    77James Allen on F1 – The official James A... / 10h
    Valtteri Bottas dutifully played the team game by handing the Russian Grand Prix win to his championship-contending team-mate Lewis Hamilton to allow the Briton to add another seven points to his lead in the drivers’ standings.

Motor racing-Victory in Russia leaves Hamilton feeling awkward
    Reuters: Motor Sports News / 7h
    Lewis Hamilton won the Russian Grand Prix on Sunday in a Mercedes one-two that left the Formula One world champion feeling a little bit flat, even as his fifth title moved ever closer.

Motor racing-Vettel does the maths and decides he still has a chance
    Reuters: Motor Sports News / 6h
    Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel could see his hopes of a fifth Formula One world title fading with the Sochi sunset on Sunday after falling 50 points behind Mercedes rival Lewis Hamilton with five races remaining.

BIKE CANDY

A Krauser MKM 1000 4-Valve – 1 of 237 Ever Made
    200+Silodrome / 5d
    A Krauser MKM 1000 4-Valve – 1 of 237 Ever Made The Krauser MKM 1000 is a German motorcycle developed by motorcycle racer Michael Krauser using a state-of-the-art computer-designed space frame developed in partnership with

FWIW

Tuesday is press conference day at Intermot. In the past manufacturers had an hour slot to present their product lines for the coming year. Accredited journalist would move from one conference to next. Brand fans and reporters specializing in a marque or two will stay and dig deeper with the representatives. Years with large model reveals the press conference might move to an earlier time and become a special event.

BMW Motorrad appears to have taken a slot in the press conference schedule and used its time to focus on the R 12500 GS Rally and the R 1250 RT. The new engine is a major change and deserves the attention. Reporters will have had a chance to dig deeper into the wonky details of the new power plant, how it will roll out over the remaining wethead lineup and questions about the other Boxer line.

I always hope for more. I must admit in the back of my mind once again I hear Peggy Lee singing ”Is that all there is.” My sense is that is all there is for Intermot.

The Cologne show is BMW’s home show. The boxer is the backbone of the lineup especially in Deutschland. What is next may involve more boxer news, gear information and...

Milan EICMA runs November 6 - 11. BMW does the gear reveal here. Milan is also the place concepts and non-boxer products often break into the news and motorcyclists minds. The gear reveal is on the schedule. Motorrad honchos keep talking about multiple models coming out. I hope that will include more than boxer variations. The rumor mill has a new S 1000 RR coming out. Watch for leaks in the press.

Progressive International Motorcycle Shows open in L.A. when Milan ends. This was the show picked for the K 1600 B reveal and announcements of as many as an additional five U.S. market specific models in the future. I expect a U.S. boxer variant, at least in concept form, to show here. (This prediction and $5.00 will get you a coffee and fritter at the official BR&TMR coffee shop.)

I put together information from BMW and other marques from today’s press. Once again I am left flat and waiting for Milan.

BMW Motorrad

BMW Motorrad at INTERMOT 2018.
    26.09.2018Press Release
    Two motorshow premieres and a wide-ranging support program attract visitors to the international motorcycle show in Cologne.

BMW Motorrad Unveils R 1250 GS and R 1250 RT to Media at INTERMOT
    Motorcycle & Powersports News / 3h
    Even before the 2018 season ends, BMW Motorrad is providing a taste of what will come in 2019 at INTERMOT by presenting two new premieres to the media and public. The BMW R 1250 GS and BMW R 1250 RT, which were presented just

APRILIA

Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory: Electronic suspension for 2019
    Canada Moto Guide / 8min
    Aprilia's super-hot naked bike is now more bonkers than ever. Source

DUCATI

Ducati announces more updated Scramblers
    CMG News / 18min
    The Ducati Scrambler Cafe Racer, Full Throttle and Desert Sled all see revisions for next year. Source

ENERGICA

Updated Energica Ego shown at Intermot
    Canada Moto Guide / 6min
    This made-in-Europe electric superbike shows the way forward. Source

HOREX

INTERMOT: Horex reveals VR6 RAW bruiser
    MoreBikes / 5h
    This is the third model in the small firm’s range – the VRG RAW which has been shown at Intermot as a world premier. Costing an eye-watering Euro 35,500 (that’s £31,519), the new bike uses the same six-cylinder 163bhp,

INDIAN

INTERMOT: Indian’s FTR1200 road bike – here’s the official VIDEO
    MoreBikes / 6h
    Want to see the FTR1200, the 2019 road model, in action? Fancy watching the launch footage that accompanied the factory unveil of the bike last night in Intermot, Germany? Here you go. We’re really looking forward to riding this

INTERMOT: Indian CONFIMS prices for all-new FTR1200. Base model costs £11,899.
    MoreBikes / 19min
    We’ve been telling you that Indian has been quietly working on a road going version of its hugely successful flat track machine for a couple of years now – and we’ve finally been proved right, as the iconic American bike builder revealed its

KAWASAKI

INTERMOT: Kawasaki’s Ninja H2 goes official. 231bhp and self-healing paint
    MoreBikes / 4h
    We’ve already told you that the new top-of-the-pile H2 is up to 231bhp for 2019 – and that’s 243bhp with the turbocharger – but Kawasaki has now unveiled the new big bike in Intermot. The motorcycle also gets new Brembo brakes, a new

KTM

INTERMOT: KTM unveils updates and new kit for the 2019 1290 Super Duke GT and Super Duke R
    MoreBikes / 5h
    KTM has just unveiled the changes to the range-topping 1290 Super Duke GT and Super Duke R. There’s very little changed with the R other than cosmetics and graphics whilst the GT does get some tweaks to make it easier to use.

MOTO GUZZI

[Moto Guzzi V9 Bobber Sport unveiled
    9MCNews.com.au / 8h
    Moto Guzzi V9 Bobber Sport Moto Guzzi V9 Bobber Sport expands the V9 Moto Guzzi line-up for model year 2019. The Bobber Sport features a little inspiration from the world of Flat Track racing with a lower solo-seat and fully-adjustable

Here are more details on the Moto Guzzi V85 TT
    Canada Moto Guide / 2h
    An air-cooled adventure bike, without even an oil cooler? That's old school, baby ... Source

SUZUKI

Intermot 2018: Suzuki Katana 1000 unveiled
    16Visordown / 36min
    Image: GSX-S1000-based Katana retro roadster brings back the 1980s

Suzuki tweaks GSX-R1000 range for 2019
    Visordown / 12min
    Image: Detail updates for Suzuki’s sweet Gixxer Thousand range

TRIUMPH

Triumph Street Scrambler: More power for 2019
    Canada Moto Guide 21min // keep unread // hide
    Triumph's classic scrambler sees changes to engine, electronics package.

YAMAHA

Yamaha Introduces 2019 Hyper Naked Motorcycles
    Motorcycle.com / 4h
    Yamaha’s 2019 Hyper Naked Motorcycles remain relatively unchanged for the upcoming model year with the biggest update being a new color option.

Yamaha Tracer 700GT: Middleweight sport touring is back!
    5Canada Moto Guide / 5h
    Yamaha has put its parallel twin MT-07 platform to good use again. Source

INTERMOT: Here’s Yamaha’s 2019 YZF-R125 – the FIRST 125 with variable timing!
    MoreBikes / 6h
    Talk about taking on the competition head-on! This is the 2019 Yamaha YZF-R 125 – a landmark small capacity motorcycle that’s going on sale as the first 125cc bike to feature variable valve timing.

Friday 05 October 2018

BMW Motorrad Canada reported its September sales
    Motorrad.
    BMW Motorrad reported its best-ever September with 161 sales, an increase of +7.3% compared to September, 2017. Year-to-date, a total of 1,780 units have been sold, a slight decrease of -1.0% over the same period in 2017. The top performers in September were the R1200RT, K1600B, G310GS and K1600GTL.

BMW USA continues to hold their lips very tight.

Two titles in one weekend: Markus Reiterberger is Superstock European champion, Ilya Mikhalchik champion in the IDM.
    BMW Group PressClub Global / 3d
    The alpha Racing-Van-Zon-BMW team had twice the reason to celebrate when team principal Werner Daemen’s crew won the titles in two international championships at the weekend. Markus Reiterberger (GER) was crowned

Novas BMW F 750 GS e F 850 GS em pré-reserva no Brasil
    BMW Group PressClub Brazil / 3d
    Aventureiras produzidas em Manaus (AM) têm preços de R$ 40.950 a R$ 50.950

BMW MOTORRAD IN THE NEWS

BMW F750 GS and F850 GS Launched In India At Rs. 11.95 lakh And Rs. 12.95 lakh
    bmw motorcycles
    GaadiWaadi.com (blog) / 1d
    BMW F750 GS and F850 GS Launched In India At Rs.

BMW G 310 GS Review — Comfort And Fun; Irrespective Of The Terrain
    bmw motorcycles
    DriveSpark.com / 1d
    BMW G 310 GS Review — Comfort And Fun; Irrespective Of The Terrain DriveSpark.com Full coverage

Touring Down Memory Lane: BMW R 1200 GS TE & Yamaha MT-10 Tourer
    Motorcycle Sport & Leisure » Feed / 1h
    Standing by the iconic John o’Groats sign in the far north of Scotland, 550 miles from home, with the wind blowing over what used to be my hair , was one of those bucket list moments in my biking life. But the journey here had begun a

MC NEWS

Gallery: The best of Germany's biggest motorcycle expo – Intermot 2018
    bmw motorcycles
    New Atlas / 3h
    The best of Germany's biggest motorcycle expo – Intermot 2018 New Atlas Full coverage

Intermot shows where the industry is at
    CMG News / 6h
    Where are the revolutionary new motorcycles? There's a reason why this year's Intermot show is a bit muted, says Zac. Source

Honda Neo Sports Cafe Concept Debuts … But Not at Intermot
    Motorcycle industry news
    Motorcycle.com / 18h
    Honda Neo Sports Cafe Concept Debuts … But Not at Intermot Motorcycle.com Full coverage

Peugeot back to building bikes?
    Canada Moto Guide / 5h
    After years of cranking out scooters, the French firm introduces concept motorcycles. Source

What Are Those Mysterious Rubberized Honda CRF450L Sprockets?
    52Cycle World / 3h
    Bikes Less sound may not equal more ground but it will help meet emissions Every sound source on a modern streetbike—not just the exhaust—has to be studied, identified, and quieted, as Kevin Cameron explains.

ROAD TESTS / REVIEWS

2019 Royal Enfield INT 650 Review (19 Fast Facts)
    Ultimate Motorcycling / 2h
    The 2019 Royal Enfield INT 650 is a new model, and marks a major turning point for the brand. Here's our first ride review. The post 2019 Royal Enfield INT 650 Review (19 Fast Facts) appeared first on Ultimate Motorcycling .

Get your hands on Honda’s MOTO2 engine for less than TWO GRAND.
    MoreBikes / 7h
    Externpro is offering the chance to get your hands on the Honda engines that’ve been used in the Moto2 World Championship over the last few years – ahead of Triumph becoming the official supplier for 2019. Externpro is the company

MIC Joins Americans for Free Trade to Oppose Tariff War; Successfully Petitions to Exempt Helmets
    Motorcycle & Powersports News / 22h
    The Motorcycle Industry Council joined the Americans for Free Trade coalition to oppose the tariffs on Chinese products. The coalition has warned that each round of tariffs raises costs for American businesses and, ultimately, consumers.

Personalize The Plastics On Your Motorcycle
    Motorcyclist / 1h
    News They're a perfect canvas for personal expression Do your plastics need freshening up? Say no to staid solids and stripes; instead, dip your motorcycle’s body panels for a simple, cheap, and uniquely you result.

RIDING

Motorcycle Touring in Curvy Colorado
    1Rider Magazine / 19h
    Nimble handling, ample power and light weight make the V-Strom 650 an ideal bike for exploring Colorado’s engaging back roads. (I rented this one at wdsma.com.) Winter Park may not be a name you associate with summer

Best Motorcycle Rides in the US
    1Motorbike Writer / 1d
    Contributed post According to statista.com , as of 2016, California had the largest amount registered motorcycles in the nation, with more than 842,000. Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania and New York rounded out the top five.

Bimmer

The All-New 2019 BMW 3 Series.
    BMW Group PressClub USA / 2d
    Woodcliff Lake, NJ – Oct. 2, 2018…Today, BMW proudly introduces the seventh generation of the iconic sports sedan, the BMW 3 Series. Over the past 40 years, no single model has embodied the concept of the Ultimate Driving Machine

The All-New 2019 BMW 3 Series.
    BMW Media Site / 2d
    Today, BMW proudly introduces the seventh generation of the iconic sports sedan, the BMW 3 Series.

BMW M Performance Parts for the new BMW 3 Series.
    A wide range of options for accentuating the dynamic character of the middle class limousine.

The all-new BMW 3 Series. Official Launchfilm. (G20, 2018)
    500+BMW (uploads) on YouTube / 1d
    Take a look at the icon in it's class, the all-new BMW 3 Series. It’s seventh generation comes with a new design language, enhanced sporting prowess and refinements in driver assistance and connectivity technology.

The all-new BMW 3 Series. All you need to know. (G20, 2018)
    1KBMW (uploads) on YouTube / 2d
    Take a closer look at the seventh generation of the all-new BMW 3 Series. We’ll explore the exterior and interior design, explain features, such as the BMW Reversing Assistant and BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant. We'll also take it on

Technical specifications of the BMW i3 (120 Ah) and the BMW i3s (120 Ah), valid from 11/2018.
    Attached please find the technical specifications of the BMW i3 (120 Ah) and the BMW i3s (120 Ah), valid from 11/2018.

BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant
    90BMW (uploads) on YouTube / 1d
    The BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant understands and supports you in everyday life. It is advisor, car expert and companion in one. In this clip you can take a look at the way it functions and how it makes your life easier.

Statements Paris Motor Show 2018
    Statements by Harald Krüger, Chairman of the Board of Management of BMW AG, Pieter Nota, Member of the Board of Management of BMW AG, Sales and Brand BMW, Aftersales BMW Group, and Klaus Fröhlich, Member of the Board of

BMW Motorsport News

BMW Motorsport News – Issue 34/2018.
    BMW Group PressClub Global / 5h
    Colin Turkington is the 2018 BTCC champion – Title Treble for BMW and West Surrey Racing.

BMW Motorsport News: Colin Turkington and Team BMW celebrate a triple win.
    BMW Group PressClub UK / 3d
    • Colin Turkington secures his third British Touring Car Championship title at Brands Hatch. • BMW and West Surrey Racing (WSR) take the Manufacturer and Team titles in the BTCC. • Title won in 125i M Sport.

Rallye du Maroc 2018 – Round 10, FIA Cross Country Rally World Cup.
    BMW Group PressClub Global / 3d
    • Three MINI John Cooper Works Rally to compete at Rallye du Maroc, 3rd-9th October 2018. • MINI driver Jakub ‘Kuba’ Przygonski and co-driver Tom Colsoul poised to secure the FIA Cross Country Rally World Cup title. • Yazeed Al Rajhi /

BMW Group News

BMW Group Canada September sales increase +5.1% to record levels.
    BMW Group PressClub Canada / 1d
    BMW brand sales increase +5.5%. MINI brand sales increase +3.0%. BMW electrified sales surge ahead +50% for the year. BMW Motorrad sales increase +7.3%.

BMW to host various programs during Frieze London 2018. BMW Open Work and new BMW 8 Series Coupe to be presented at BMW Lounge.
    London/Munich. From October 5 to 7, 2018, Frieze London will open its doors in Regent’s Park for the 16th time, with preview days on October 3 and 4. As one of the fair’s long-term partners, BMW will welcome visitors to its new BMW Lounge

Changes at BMW Group Corporate Communications
    BMW Group PressClub Global / 3h
    Munich. As part of a realignment of BMW Group Corporate Communications under the leadership of Maximilian Schöberl, responsible for Corporate and Governmental Affairs and Executive Vice President of BMW AG, a number of

Featured to perfection. BMW Group Classic wins two Dolphins in Cannes.
    1BMW Group PressClub Global / 2d
    BMW Group Classic earns two trophies at the award ceremony for the Corporate Media & TV Awards held in the film-festival city in the South of France – the video Christmas greeting “Santa´s Choice” wins the Golden Dolphin in the

„Hey Mona Lisa…“
    BMW Group PressClub Global / 9h
    BMW spotlights new BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant at the “Mondial de l’Automobile 2018” in Paris with a spectacular installation.

Mona Lisa and the BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant.
    200+BMW (uploads) on YouTube / 1d
    Thanks to the first-ever BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant, car expert and even expert on questions about everyday-life, the Mona Lisa had her big moment in Paris. Get to know her funny side. #NowWeAreTalking #ParisMotorShow From:

Designworks partners with EVA Air to create new business class seat.
    BMW Media Site / 8d
    EVA Air, a Taiwanese five star airline that provides premium service to its customers to over 60 international destinations, challenged Designworks to enable the brand to compete with other progressive airlines with the creation of

MINI

Mini Usa And Rapha North America Form Partnership To Bring Two Lifestyle Brands Together.
    BMW Group PressClub USA / 1d
    Woodcliff Lake, NJ – October 3, 2018 – MINI USA and Rapha North America announce a new partnership, bringing two premium lifestyle brands together. The partnership connects both MINI and the cycling apparel brand Rapha

MINI announces X-raid MINI JCW Team participation at 2019 Dakar.
    BMW Group PressClub UK / 2d
    • Cyril Despres, Stéphane Peterhansel and Carlos Sainz join the MINI Family. • Three rally raid legends ready to take on the 2019 Dakar with MINI John Cooper Works Buggy cars. • Despres and Sainz to compete in MINI John Cooper Works

MINI JCW Team Owner Luis Perocarpi to Drive #52 for Final Street Tuner Race in Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge Series
    BMW Group PressClub USA / 5h
    Woodcliff Lake, NJ – October 4, 2018 – MINI USA and the MINI JCW Team today announced that MINI JCW Team owner Luis Perocarpi will drive the #52 MINI JCW at the season finale race of the Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge Series

Cages- On the Street and Track

BMW IN THE NEWS

Exclusive: BMW will offer up to 25 electrified vehicles by 2025, 12 all-electric
    bmw ag
    1Digital Trends / 1d
    BMW will offer up to 25 electrified vehicles by 2025, 12 all-electric Digital Trends Full coverage

BMW to build entire future around iNext autonomous electric concept
    bmw ag
    Robotics and Automation News (press rele... / 19h
    BMW to build entire future around iNext autonomous electric concept Robotics and Automation News (press release) The Latest:... BMW getting ready for 'worse options' in Brexit Loop News Trinidad and Tobago Paris 2018 just-

Germany pushes VW, BMW for trade-in deals to end diesel crisis
    bmw ag
    MENAFN.COM / 19h
    Germany pushes VW, BMW for trade-in deals to end diesel crisis MENAFN.COM Full coverage

The Latest: BMW getting ready for 'worse options' in Brexit
    bmw ag
    San Francisco Chronicle / 1d
    BMW getting ready for 'worse options' in Brexit San Francisco Chronicle Full coverage

OTHER CAGE NEWS

Porsche debuts new $800,000 racer inspired by the iconic 935 Le Mans car
    100+Ars Technica / 2d
    Porsche For the second time in a few weeks, the Monterey area in California is playing host to an amazing automotive gathering. In August it was Car Week, probably the biggest gathering of rare classics and concepts on the planet.

Check Out this Ferrari-Powered, Road-Legal F1 Car
    1TopSpeed Newsletter / 11h
    The latest machine to be dubbed an "F1 car for the road" is Zac Mihajlovic’s bespoke, Ferrari-powered single-seater, and it might be the closest one to the real deal we’ve ever seen.

Germany Grapples to Find Exit From Diesel-Emissions Crisis
    bmw ag
    Bloomberg / 19h
    Germany Grapples to Find Exit From Diesel-Emissions Crisis Bloomberg Full coverage

BIKE CANDY

The Windhoff Four Cylinder – The Motorcycle Of The Future From 1926
    200+Silodrome / 1d
    The Windhoff Four Cylinder – The Motorcycle Of The Future From 1926 This four-cylinder Windhoff was one of the most advanced motorcycles of its time thanks largely to its engine, which doubles as the motorcycle frame, and

The Windhoff Four is interesting.
    Thanks for posting.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Tuesday Reader: 9 October 2018

BMW Motorrad: As inovações mais importantes em 95 anos
    BMW Group PressClub Brazil / 1h
    São Paulo, October 8, 2018 - BMW Motorrad is a visionary and pioneering company in technology and innovation for 95 years. Your path is aligned with revolutionary milestones and will be presented from now on.
    FWIW This one is worth packing your translator and taking an internet ride to BMW Motorrad Brazil. The Mothership is giving a Motorrad history leason.

Fecha de lanzamiento en el mercado español para las nuevas BMW R 1250 GS y R 1250 RT
    5BMW Group PressClub Spain / 3d
    La nueva BMW R 1250 GS y la nueva BMW R 1250 RT, estarán disponibles en el mercado español a partir del próximo 15 de octubre.

BMW MOTORRAD IN THE NEWS

Que Sonny and Cher, insert lyric ... The tease goes on, roaring motors keep pounding rhythms to my brain. La de da de de, la de da de da
    (Man I am dating myself, )

BMW Begins Teasing Its New S1000RR Superbike
    100+Asphalt & Rubber » Asphalt & Rubber / 1d
    The new BMW S1000RR is getting close to its world debut, with BMW Motorrad beginning to tease the superbike on social media. The post BMW Begins Teasing Its New S1000RR Superbike appeared first on Asphalt & Rubber .

Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (BMW) Given Average Recommendation of “Hold” by Brokerages
    bmw ag
    Fairfield Current / 1d
    Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (BMW) Given Average Recommendation of “Hold” by Brokerages Fairfield Current Bayerische Motoren Werke's (BAMXF) Neutral Rating Restated at DZ Bank BharataPress Full coverage

For Performance Motors' new boss, motorcycles sharpen the BMW brand
    bmw motorcycles
    The Business Times / 3d
    For Performance Motors' new boss, motorcycles sharpen the BMW brand The Business Times Full coverage

Global Adventure Motorcycles Market Outlook 2018-2025: BMW Group, Honda Motor Company, KTM, Yamaha, Aprilia ...
    bmw motorcycles
    Chemical News 24 (press release) (blog) / 1d
    Global Adventure Motorcycles Market Outlook 2018-2025:

OTHER MANUFACTURERS

Honda’s secret designs for a 650 (possibly… Hornet-ish… ) exposed in new patent file.
    MoreBikes / 5h
    So this is a NEW set of patents from Honda for a new motorcycle that’s heading our way. There’s no mention of when we’ll see this bike, or exactly what capacity the motor it uses is – but here’s the drawings. Now, we might be adding up a bit

FWIW Silly articles speculating about motorcycles in the 450 to 650 cc range have me hopping there will be some interesting reveals at the Milan show.

MC NEWS

reactualization:A BSA A65 Rocket – With An Original DMD...
    Habermann & Sons Classic Motorcycles and... / 1h
    reactualization : A BSA A65 Rocket – With An Original DMD Streamliner Dustbin Fairing

2019 Husqvarna 701 Supermoto and 701 Enduro to USA Dealerships
    1Ultimate Motorcycling / 3h
    2019 Husqvarna 701 Supermoto and 701 Enduro Two of Husqvarna’s single-cylinder 2019 street motorcycles – the 701 Supermoto and 701 Enduro – have officially arrived stateside. Husqvarna says both large-displacement singles will

Energica Unveiled New Models at INTERMOT
    Motorcycle & Powersports News / 4h
    Energica, the Italian company of high-performance electric motorcycles, presented the new 2019 models and revealed the new Ego Sport Black at INTERMOT. This was the first year Energica was present in Cologne at the

ROAD TESTS / REVIEWS

2018 Can-Am Spyder F3 Limited | Road Test Review
    1Rider Magazine / 15min
    For 2018, Can-Am has updated its touring models with a new full-color display and integration with its own infotainment app, BRP Connect. Photos by Kevin Wing.

Recalls

Honda ( 18v630000 )
    66KVehicles Recalls / 3d
    Dated: SEP 13, 2018 Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain 2018 Honda CRF250L motorcycles. The wiring harness may have been inappropriately installed, potentially resulting in damage to the wiring harness...

Search for Recalls Here

US - http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchSafetyIssues
    Canada - http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/....aspx?lang=eng
    UK - http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp
    EU - http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/safety...nt=main.search
    Australia - http://www.productsafety.gov.au/recalls
    New Zealand - https://www.vehiclerecallsafety.nzta.govt.nz/

On the BMW MOA Forum > The Garage > Links and References > Listing of Recall Notices

The Racing Sheet

[img]https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-52fGzLZ/0/1a3058a4/M/i-52fGzLZ-M.jpg/img]

Gearing up for the 24 Heures Motos 2019
    FIM EWC | Endurance World Championship / 4d
    The 24 Heures Motos 2019 is firmly on track. The road to the next FIM EWC race opened at the Paris Motorcycle Show with the unveiling of the official poster. Tickets go on sale from 9 October. Automobile Club de l’Ouest (ACO), the 24

BMW Motorsport News

Two more titles for BMW racers: Federico D’Annunzio is champion in the Italian National Trophy 1000, Amirul Hafig Azmi wins the Superstock title in Malaysia.
    BMW Group PressClub Global / 5h
    The BMW Motorrad Motorsport family can celebrate titles number seven and eight. The 2018 Italian National Trophy 1000 (INT) champion is Federico D’Annunzio (ITA). In the Malaysia Superbike Championship (MSC), Amirul Hafig

DTM finale at Hockenheim: BMW teams eager to end season on a high.
    BMW Group PressClub Global / 8h
    Races 19 and 20 this weekend at Hockenheim (GER) draw the 2018 DTM season to a close. BMW M Motorsport and the BMW DTM teams are aiming to head into the winter break on a high.

Mr. Smith Goes To Supersport: It’s All About The Benjamin
    MotoAmerica » Feed / 1h
    (From left to right) Team Norris Racing’s Kelly and Angie Norris, Benjamin Smith and his father, Mike. Photo by Brian J. Nelson Benjamin Smith is only 18 years old, but the Pennsylvanian is already a MotoAmerica veteran. He joined the

WorldSBK: It’s time to tango in Argentina
    2SBK / 9h
    New track and new challenges awaits WorldSBK

World Superbike: American PJ Jacobsen Splits With Triple M Honda
    16Roadracingworld.com / 1h
    Marino replaces Jacobsen at Triple M Honda World Superbike Team For the two remaining rounds of the 2018 FIM World Superbike Championship, Frenchman Florian Marino will replace PJ Jacobsen in the Triple M Honda World Superbi...

2018 MotoGP Championship Standings After Round 15, Buriram, Thailand
    4MotoMatters.com / 1d
    MotoGP standings after Buriram: Round Number: 15 Year: 2018

2018 Buriram MotoGP Race Result: A Memorable First Time
    6MotoMatters.com / 1d
    Results and summary of the MotoGP race in Buriram:

2018 Moto2 Championship Standings After Round 15, Buriram, Thailand
    MotoMatters.com / 1d
    Moto2 standings after Buriram: Round Number: 15 Year: 2018

2018 Buriram Moto2 Race Result: Wrestle And Run
    MotoMatters.com / 1d
    Results and summary of the Moto2 race in Buriram:

018 Moto3 Championship Standings After Round 15, Buriram, Thailand
    MotoMatters.com / 1d
    Moto3 standings after Buriram: Round Number: 15 Year: 2018

2018 Buriram Moto3 Race Result: A Very Moto3 Race
    MotoMatters.com / 1d
    Results and summary of the Moto3 race in Buriram:

FIA.com JAPANESE GRAND PRI: Event and Timing Information

Motor racing-Hamilton is stepping into Schumacher territory
    Reuters: Motor Sports News / 35min
    When Michael Schumacher won his seventh Formula One world championship with Ferrari in 2004 it looked like a record for the ages, but Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes are forcing a rethink already.

BIKE CANDY

R7 Redux – Nostalgia BMW R Nine T
    1KReturn of the Cafe Racers / 1d
    I once said that the 1934 BMW R7 was one of the most beautiful motorcycles ever made, and I still stand by that claim. Created in 1934 the R7 took the Art Deco approach of using mathematical geometric shapes as the basis of its design.

Friday 12 October 2018

The BMW Group sales for the first three quarters of 2018 are available in the Group section below. Here is the Motorrad summary from the report.

BMW Motorrad sales remain at around the same very high level as last year. In total, 126,793 (-0.8%) customers have taken delivery of a new motorcycle or maxi-scooter in the first three quarters of the year. In September, 14,124 (+0.2%) units were sold worldwide.

BMW Motorrad USA finally puts out a release.
    The New BMW R 1250 GS And R 1250 RT
    BMW Group PressClub USA / 6h
    Woodcliff Lake, NJ – October 10, 2018… For more than 35 years, the boxer engine in the BMW Motorrad GS and RT models has epitomized distinctive, powerful, and reliable performance whether you are leaving on an extended

BMW Motorrad Spain is talking about the new BMW C650
    BMW Motorrad España lanza al mercado la nueva scooter BMW C 650 Motorsport
    BMW Group PressClub Spain / 10h
    Más dinámica y más deportiva. Así es la nueva BMW C 650 Motorsport, el nuevo maxi-scooter de BMW Motorrad España, un modelo exclusivo que cuenta con un equipamiento muy especial que acentúa aún más su carácter deportivo y hace

BMW MOTORRAD IN THE NEWS

Bmw R1250gs Comes To The U.S.
    Dirt Bike Magazine / 3h
    BMW just announced that the R1250GS will be coming to the U.S. A month ago, there was a similar announcement for the European market. Click here for the Euro BMW R1200GS announcement . The following is the official U.S. press

REVEALED: 2019 BMW S1000RR superbike snapped out in road trials. Completed bikes and new TFT dash caught on camera!
    MoreBikes / 9h
    With BMW starting its social media campaign for a new S1000RR superbike, more photos of the 2019 machine pre-official release are starting to surface – including the group shot of supposedly 2019 BMWs en masse at a petrol station

BMW HP4 Race | Ridden & Reviewed
    2MCNews.com.au / 9d
    BMW HP4 Race By Mark Willis To say that I was a little bit excited to receive an invite from Trev to throw a leg over BMW’s HP4 race is a massive understatement. I remember seeing the specs on the HP4 Race when it first

Another take ...
    The New BMW S1000RR Has Been Caught Out in the Wild
    400+Asphalt & Rubber » Asphalt & Rubber / 1d
    Some excellent spy photos of the 2019 BMW S1000RR have found their way to social media, giving us a solid look at this new superbike model. The post The New BMW S1000RR Has Been Caught Out in the Wild appeared first on Asphalt

Global Motorcycle Twin Cylinder Engine Market 2018 leading vendors – Suzuki, BMW Motorrad, Kawasaki Heavy ...
    bmw motorcycles
    Eagle Daily Standard / 3h
    Global Motorcycle Twin Cylinder Engine Market 2018 leading vendors – Suzuki, BMW Motorrad, Kawasaki Heavy ...

OTHER MANUFACTURERS

Harley-Davidson brushes aside Trump gripes
    1Motorcycle News / 53min
    Harley-Davidson riders in Ubon Ratchathani. The US maker is building an assembly plant in Rayong to help meet demand in the Thai market.

KTM Makes Significant Changes to 2019 1290 Super Duke GT
    Motorcycle News / 17h
    Powering perhaps the sportiest sport tourer around, the massively powerful, 1301cc v-twin found in the 1290 Super Duke GT, believe it or not, gets a performance update for more horsepower and torque.

MC NEWS

Are You Damaging Your Motorcycle With E15 Fuel?
    Motorcycle.com / 2h
    Keep an eye out for E15 fuel while filling up your motorcycle/ATV. Begin Press Release: American Motorcyclist Association opposes year-round sales of E15 fuel EPA change jeopardizes availability of safe fuels for motorcyclists

INTERMOT Round Up – Digesting What We Saw in Cologne
    10Asphalt & Rubber » Asphalt & Rubber / 9h
    Our thoughts on the 2018 INTERMOT trade show in Cologne, Germany and what it means for the motorcycle industry. The post INTERMOT Round Up – Digesting What We Saw in Cologne appeared first on Asphalt & Rubber .

Retrospective: 1949-1957 DKW RT125
    1Rider Magazine / 23h
    1954 DKW RT125/2. Owner: Frank Owen, San Luis Obispo, California. This little critter was responsible for putting a lot of the world on wheels back in the early 1950s–including the United States. It was a very basic 125 two-stroke single of

Europeans plug into electric motorcycles
    1Motorbike Writer / 19h
    Motorcycle sales in Europe are finally on the rise again, up 7.2%, but it seems Europeans are more keen to plug into electric bikes with registrations up a massive 49%. Two of every three electric two wheelers sold are urban-oriented

RIDING

10 road hazards for riders after heavy rain
    2Motorbike Writer / 15h
    Riders tend to be more cautious when it’s wet, but after heavy rain has dried, there are still many road hazards of which riders should be aware and cautious. We have come up with 10 hazards on sealed and unsealed roads that are unique

The rain is bad enough, then you have to dodge kangaroos on the commute to work. Oh my!

GEAR

Starter’s Guide to Adventure Riding Gear
    25ADV Pulse / 34min
    Stepping out of the cage and becoming a motorcyclist can be intimidating; taking on adventure riding can be even more daunting. Adventure Riding is a scene within a scene that contains strange looking dirt bikes on steroids and

How It's Made: The Leatherman Wave
    Core77 / 2min
    Though first released in the '90s, Leatherman's useful Wave multitool is still their bestseller. In this look inside their Oregon factory, we get to see how each of the components is individually manufactured, and the nifty little jigs and

BMW Motorsport News

BMW Motorsport News - Issue 35/2018.
    BMW Startup Garage is Official Partner of BMW M Motorsport – Podiums for the BMW M6 GT3.

BMW Team RLL carrying two-win streak to Petit Le Mans.
    BMW Team RLL will look to close the 2018 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship and the inaugural season for the BMW M8 GTE with a third consecutive GTLM class victory, this time at the 21st annual Motul Petit Le Mans

BMW Team RLL Carrying Two-Win Streak to Petit Le Mans; Bill Auberlen Returns, Chaz Mostert Added to Driver Lineup.
    BMW Media Site / 2h
    BMW Team RLL will look to close the 2018 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship and the inaugural season for the BMW M8 GTE with a third consecutive GTLM class victory, this time at the 21st annual Motul Petit Le

DTM finale at Hockenheim: BMW teams eager to end season on a high.
    BMW Group PressClub Canada / 4h
    Races 19 and 20 this weekend at Hockenheim (GER) draw the 2018 DTM season to a close. BMW M Motorsport and the BMW DTM teams are aiming to head into the winter break on a high.

BMW M Motorsport heads to Fuji for the first of two Asian WEC rounds.
    BMW Group PressClub Canada / 4h
    With the first European rounds of the FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC) Super Season complete, BMW Team MTEK is making the 9,500 kilometre journey to the Fuji International Speedway in Japan for the “Six Hours of Fuji”,

Rallye du Maroc 2018 – MINI wins 2018 FIA Cross Country Rally World Cup.
    BMW Group PressClub Global / 23h
    • MINI John Cooper Works Rally driver Jakub ‘Kuba’ Przygonski secures the FIA Cross Country Rally World Cup title at penultimate round. • Przygonski and co-driver Colsoul complete Rallye du Maroc 2nd overall. • X-raid MINI JCW Team

Bimmer

The new BMW X5 - Additional pictures and footage.
    BMW Group PressClub Global / 1h
    Please find attached on location pictures and footage of the International Media Launch of the new BMW X5 in Atlanta, Georgia, USA.

BMW Group News

BMW Group grows sales in first three quarters of 2018
    BMW Group PressClub Global / 4h
    BMW deliveries increase in September and year-to-date. 14,500 electrified vehicles delivered in September. Over 300,000 BMW Group electrified vehicles on roads worldwide.

15 years BMW Brilliance Automotive: BMW Group strengthens commitment to China
    BMW Group PressClub Global / 15h
    Early extension of the joint venture contract until 2040 +++ Investment of more than three billion euros in new automotive plant and large-scale expansion of existing plant structure +++ Total production capacity increases to 650,000 units

BMW Group and CRITICAL Software form Critical TechWorks joint venture in Portugal.
    BMW Group PressClub Global / 1d
    Merger secures access to talents at up-and-coming technology and software development location.

BMW Luxury Lounge invites guests to experience modern, contemporary luxury.
    BMW Group PressClub Canada / 17h
    BMW invites like-minded brands to help bring a premium lifestyle experience to life in the heart of Yorkville.

Rolls Royce Motorcars

Rolls-Royce Motor Cars To Expand Talented Workforce
    Rolls-Royce Motor Cars PressClub / 1d
    Rolls-Royce Motor Cars has announced that it is recruiting for 200 new positions, all based at the company’s Head Office and Manufacturing Plant in Goodwood, West Sussex.

BMW IN THE NEWS

Will the BMW 8 Series Get a V-12 Option?
    500+ Automobile Magazine by Kelly Pleskot / 57min // keep unread // hide
    BMW is launching the 8 Series in the U.S. this fall with a 4.4-liter twin-turbo V-8 that produces a healthy 523 hp. Some markets also receive a 3.0-liter turbo-six with 315 hp. The automaker hasn’t announced other variants, but it’s looking like a V-12 or plug-in hybrid powertrain isn’t part of the plan, at least for now.

New 2020 F-Type: First Jaguar with a BMW V8 engine?
    4Bmw Blog / 2h
    Two years ago, first rumors of a possible BMW-Jaguar collaboration surfaced in the media. The partnership was to involve a BMW-supplied engine in a future Jaguar model. This week, British Car Magazine reports that the new Jaguar F-

BMW Official: Discussions Regarding Electro-Mobility Irrational
    2Bmw Blog / 4h
    Everyone in the industry seems to agree that going electric is the way forward. Not just because of the fact that it may help avoid a cataclysmic scenario for the planet but also for a variety of other reasons regarding viability, maintenance

BMW says rivals are interested in joining forces on self-driving cars
    30Autoblog Green / 6d
    Filed under: Green , Paris Motor Show , BMW , Emerging Technologies , Technology , Autonomous 'Let's do a common platform.' Continue reading BMW says rivals are interested in joining forces on self-driving cars BMW says rivals

\

A BMW Supercar Based on the i8 Could be in the Works
    BimmerFile / 4d
    There have been plenty of rumors over the years of a successor to the vaunted M1. Now it would seem a BMW supercar may... The post A BMW Supercar Based on the i8 Could be in the Works appeared first... [[ This is a content summary

12 used hybrids and EVs that aren't dreary, impractical or a Prius
    36Autoblog Green / 23h
    Filed under: In the wake of the U.N.'s dire climate change report and our recommendation that buying a used hybrid or EV is the best way to lower your automotive carbon footprint, here are 12 choices to consider. Continue reading

Video: Here’s What the G20 3 Series Production Process Looks Like
    2Bmw Blog / 21h
    Earlier this month we showed you a small glimpse of what the 3 Series assembly line looks like. Back then we took a look at how the chassis is put together and how BMW now uses a lot of adhesives in its production process instead of the

BMW 8 Series Convertible nearly unveiled in Sunset Orange
    12Bmw Blog / 20h
    The BMW 8 Series Convertible is currently making its rounds around Munich with just a few weeks before its official debut. This latest prototype barely wears any camouflage and it’s featured in the Sunset Orange color. In our photos, the

OTHER CAGE NEWS

Elio ditches powertrain plans, will source engine from an OEM, Roush
    100+Autoblog Green / 2d
    Filed under: Green , Ford , Fuel Efficiency , Future It plans to develop the new engine with Roush. Continue reading Elio ditches powertrain plans, will source engine from an OEM, Roush Elio ditches powertrain plans, will source engine

By the Numbers: Average Age of Americans' Cars Higher Than Ever
    TheDrive / 1h
    The average age of vehicles driven by Americans is reportedly at an all-time high. Deriving data from the United States Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration, and National Household Travel Survey, Wolf

New European Fuel Economy Standards Wreak Havoc on Auto Sales
    16TheDrive / 5h
    Sales of new vehicles in Europe are falling hard and fast due to bottlenecks created by the mandatory changeover to new fuel economy testing standards. Starting on Sept. 1, all new car registrations must comply with these new

[b]Self-Driving Tech Prototype Range Rover Sport Completes Trip Around Challenging UK Road[b]
    9TheDrive / 3h
    A production model Range Rover Sport modified with autonomous technology completed a lap around the Coventry Ring Road, a route that Jaguar Land Rover calls "one of the [U.K.’s] most challenging road layouts." True to its name, the

Why Honda walked away from Waymo
    13Automotive News Breaking News Feed / 4d
    Honda and Google affiliate Waymo were nearing a deal to jointly develop autonomous vehicles earlier this year when the Japanese company walked away, people familiar with the matter told Bloomberg.

How GM got ahead of Waymo in deal with Honda
    19Automotive News Breaking News Feed / 5d
    Honda spent two years checking out the technology belonging to Google's Waymo. But then it surprised the industry and went another route, investing $2.75 billion with GM's self-driving unit.

Why Honda Made a $2.75 Billion Bet on General Motors' Self-Driving Plan
    2The Motley Fool / 5d
    General Motors' (NYSE: GM) self-driving subsidiary has a new investor: Honda Motor Company (NYSE: HMC) is investing $750 million in Cruise, giving the San Francisco-based GM subsidiary a post-funding valuation of $14.6 billion.

Every part of a self-driving car will change, even the doors
    18Automotive News Breaking News Feed / 3h
    The huge amount of money being invested in autonomous vehicle technology will have benefits that could improve all vehicles. Take, for example, the car's doors.

U.S. preparing to make autonomous vehicle randd easier
    22Automotive News Breaking News Feed / 5d
    NHTSA is moving ahead with plans to revise safety rules that bar fully self-driving cars from the roads without equipment like steering wheels, pedals and mirrors.

Israel will ban sale of new gasoline or diesel vehicles in 2030
    69Autoblog Green / 4h
    Filed under: Government/Legal , Green , Emissions , Electric , Natural Gas Cars will be EVs, trucks will run on natural gas. Continue reading Israel will ban sale of new gasoline or diesel vehicles in 2030 Israel will ban sale of new gasoline or

McLaren 600LT 2018 review
    5Autocar RSS Feed / 5d
    Lighter, faster and more athletic than the already brilliant 570S, the 600LT is McLaren at its very best The 600LT is the third model in the McLaren Automotive era to receive the Longtail treatment, after the 675LT and its Spider

History of the Porsche 911
    Supercars.net / 5h
    The Story of the Porsche 911 – A Timeline Porsche Prepares To Evolve Beyond The 356 By the early 1960’s, with the commercial success of the 356 (in all of its variants) over the past decade, Porsche had garnered a reputation for building

Holden Releases 1,341-HP Electric Time Attack Concept Car
    31TheDrive / 3d
    Holden celebrated the 50th anniversary of its first win at Australia's Mount Panorama Circuit in Bathurst with the release of a 1,341-horsepower electric vehicle concept that it said is capable of obliterating the track's overall lap

$3.6 million Aspark Owl electric supercar preorders begin
    100+Autoblog Green / 5d
    Filed under: Green , Paris Motor Show , Coupe , Electric , Luxury , Supercars Just 50 examples are planned, with deliveries starting in mid-2020. Continue reading $3.6 million Aspark Owl electric supercar preorders begin $3.6 million Aspark

World-Famous Bondurant Racing School Files for Bankruptcy
    26TheDrive / 5d
    The Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving, the world's first formal learning institution for developing race drivers, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on Tuesday, Oct. 2. The announcement was made on the school's

Aston Martin Went Public
    bmw ag
    Should You Rather Buy The Car Or The Sto... / 5h
    Aston Martin Went Public - Should You Rather Buy The Car Or The Stock? Seeking Alpha Full coverage

James Murdoch, Son Of Rupert, Likely to Replace Elon Musk as Tesla Chairman: Report (Updated)
    300+Gizmodo / 20h
    James Murdoch, son of Rupert Murdoch and a non-executive Tesla director, is “in line” to replace Elon Musk as chairman of the company, according to the Financial Times . Musk must relinquish the title after settling a fraud case last

Recalls

BMW issued a recall on the X6 model
    Transport Canada - Road Safety Recalls / 2h
    On certain vehicles, the pivot bolt used on the rear upper control arms could break. If this occurs, it could affect vehicle handling, which could increase the risk of a crash causing injury and/or damage to...

Search for Recalls Here

On the BMW MOA Forum > The Garage > Links and References > Listing of Recall Notices

FWIW

50,000 People Flock To Bird In Paris As Scooter Struggles In London Continue
    2Forbes - Business / 9h
    Just two months after Bird’s electric scooters debuted in Paris, the company told Forbes that 50,000 Parisians have already jumped on for a ride.

Trump to lift ban on higher-ethanol gasoline ahead of November elections
    200+Autoblog Green / 4h
    Filed under: Government/Legal , Green , Ethanol 'Shot in the arm' for farmers harmed by tariff war with China Continue reading Trump to lift ban on higher-ethanol gasoline ahead of November elections Trump to lift ban on higher-

[b]California mulls formal counter offer to Trump emissions rollback[/b
    9Automotive News Breaking News Feed / 4d
    California is considering a formal, public counter-proposal to President's Donald Trump's proposed rollback of fuel and pollution requirements for cars and trucks.

USPS Introduces Hot Wheels 50th Anniversary Forever Stamps
    51TheDrive / 7d
    The United States Postal Service announced Saturday that it will release a new set of forever stamps to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Mattel's Hot Wheels line of toy cars. Hot Wheels was the brainchild of Elliot Handler, who

BIKE CANDY

The Life and Times of the BMW GS
    bmw motorcycles
    Canada Moto Guide (blog) / 18h
    The Life and Times of the BMW GS Canada Moto Guide (blog) Full coverage

This was previously posted but is worth seeing again. From BMW PressClub: 30 Years of GS Anniversary

Tuesday Reader: 16 October 2018

Keith Farmer wins the Superstock title in the British Superbike Championship with the BMW S 1000 RR.
    BMW Group PressClub Global / 1h
    The BMW Motorrad Motorsport racers continue to pick up titles on a weekly basis. Tyco BMW rider Keith Farmer (GBR) was crowned champion of the British Superbike Championship Superstock class (BSB STK) at the weekend.

BMW Motorrad Brazil:
    New BMW F 750 GS and F 850 ​​GS now have the official consortium of the BMW Group
    15.10.2018 Press Kit
    São Paulo, October 15, 2018 - Available in pre-booking in Brazil, the new BMW F 750 GS and F 850 ​​GS have just won another option in the country. This is the BMW Consortium, made available through a partnership between BMW Group Financial Services and Canopus Consortium, a company with more than 17 years of service in Brazil.

BMW Group Financial Services announces the conditions of the BMW Consortium for the new models

Habermann & Sons Classic Motorcycles and more

BMW MOTORRAD IN THE NEWS

2019 Bmw R1250gs: Adventure Bike Spotlight
    bmw motorcycles
    Dirt Bike Magazine / 1d
    2019 BMW R1250GS:

Electric Motorcycles & Scooters Market in US Will Witness Gains 16.4% to 2024 : Zero Motorcycle, KTM, BMW, Alta ...
    bmw motorcycles
    Digital Journal / 1d
    Electric Motorcycles & Scooters Market in US Will Witness Gains 16.4% to 2024 :... Zero Motorcycle, KTM, BMW, Alta ...

MC NEWS

Customer Experience: How Powersports Dealerships Can Achieve Excellence
    Powersports Business / 1h
    BY SCOTT HOCHMUTH The buzzword phrase “customer experience” is a popular concept in business today and is the result of every point of contact between the customer and the seller over the duration of a business

Top 50 dealers in U.S. named; Texas Harley-Davidson lands at No. 1
    Powersports Business on Thursday celebrated the top 50 U.S. dealerships as part of the Power 50 Awards Dinner at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas. The Power 50 celebration included the announcement of the No. 1 dealer,

Best in Class dealerships named at Power 50 awards dinner
    As part of the 2018 Powersports Business Power 50 Dealer Awards dinner, three dealerships were selected as Best in Class for their specialization in a particular area of dealership operations. Here’s a list of the winning dealerships: 2018

Ducati Unveils New Multistrada 1260 Enduro for 2019
    100+ADV Pulse / 14min
    After the recent announcement of BMW’s new and bigger ShiftCam R1250GS, Ducati is now following suit. Having unveiled its 1260 Multistrada at last year’s EICMA, one thing was missing — the Enduro variant.

2019 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R First Look
    1Motorcycle News / 10h
    Well, sort of. The 2019 Kawasaki ZX-6R does indeed look different compared to the last ZX-6R, which can trace its roots back almost a decade ago, but underneath it's still very similar to what was on sale in 2018.

Details emerge on Yamaha’s new R3 for 2019
    1Superbike Magazine / 1d
    We were expecting a lull in new-bike-news between Intermot and EICMA but apparently we were wrong. Yamaha has just released details on its new R3, just a week after the YZF-R125 was updated. This update follows three themes: looks,

Motorcycle Cruiser / 45min
    News New colors for the XSR700 and XSR900, status quo for the VMAX, V Star 250, and Bolt models For 2019, Yamaha gives its Sport Heritage models new graphics, and carries over the VMAX, V Star 250, and Bolt machines unchanged.

Motorcycle safety recommendations released by NTSB
    bmw motorcycles
    NewsCenterMaine.com WCSH-WLBZ / 5h
    Motorcycle safety recommendations released by NTSB NewsCenterMaine.com WCSH-WLBZ Full coverage

RECORD BREAKERS: Bonhams takes close to THREE AND A HALF MILLION POUNDS at Autumn Stafford Sale. 1925 Brough Superior sand-racer ‘project’ sells for £264,500.
    MoreBikes / 41min
    Bonhams annual two-day Autumn Stafford Sale closed yesterday at the Classic Motorcycle Mechanics Show at Stafford Showground, taking a total of £3,479,800 over the weekend. The stars of the auction included a pack of

Harley-Davidson's CEO Just Made a Recovery That Much Harder
    12The Motley Fool / 3d
    Few companies are viewed as more quintessentially American than Harley-Davidson (NYSE: HOG) . Even with the brouhaha over the motorcycle giant opening factories in other countries to sidestep trade tariffs, the bikes built for

RIDING

Leniency on motorcycle edge filtering rule
    2Motorbike Writer / 10h
    Queensland is the only state that allows edge filtering on some roads and now riders have been granted further leniency when the speed limit is temporarily changed. Lane filtering was introduced in 2015 under the former Liberal State

GEAR

Zenbivy Light Bed: Innovative 3-in-1 Adaptable Sleeping Bag
    43ADV Pulse / 10d
    A year ago, Zenbivy introduced their innovative 2-piece Zenbivy Bed sleeping bag. A versatile sleeping system that allowed the user to sleep in every position, regulate temperature, and sleep more comfortably, while camping.

TECH

If That Is A Piston, What Is This?
    9Cycle World / 1h
    Bikes Modern motorcycle pistons are thin, miniskirted wonders What happens to the heat of combustion that is collected by the thin dome of a modern piston? Technical Editor Kevin Cameron has an answer.

What Is The Four-Stroke Piston-Engine Cycle?
    23Cycle World / 3h
    Bikes How intake, compression, power, and exhaust will get us home for the holidays Technical Editor Kevin Cameron explains the four-stroke cycle. Can you name all four piston strokes in the correct order?

Recalls

Bmw ( 18v652000 )
    Vehicles Recalls / 2h
    Dated: SEP 20, 2018 BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2018 BMW 330e iPerformance, i3 Rex, i3 Sport Rex, X5 xDrive40e, i3 BEV, i3 Sport BEV and MINI Cooper Countryman SE All4 PHEV vehicles, 2019 i8 and ...

Mini ( 18v652000 )
    Vehicles Recalls / 2h
    Dated: SEP 20, 2018 BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2018 BMW 330e iPerformance, i3 Rex, i3 Sport Rex, X5 xDrive40e, i3 BEV, i3 Sport BEV and MINI Cooper Countryman SE All4 PHEV vehicles, 2019 i8 and ...

Search for Recalls Here

FWIW

The best motorcycle ads aren't for motorcycles]
    10RevZilla Articles / 1d
    There are some great television commercials out there featuring motorcycles. Unfortunately for the industry, they're not selling motorcycles.

The Racing Sheet

PHOTO CREDIT HERE

The Great 2018 Canadian Road Racing Roundup
    CMG News / 2h
    Title photo: Rob O’Brien/CSBK Snow is just around the corner, and Canadian road racing is just about done for the season. Here’s a look at how our country’s fastest riders did in 2018. Canadian Superbike The big question in CSBK this

2019 American Flat Track Schedule: 18 Rounds
    Ultimate Motorcycling / 14min
    The American Flat Track championships series is back for 2019 with a 20-race schedule, which begins once again in Daytona and ends in the Meadowlands. The post 2019 American Flat Track Schedule: 18 Rounds appeared first on

BMW Motorsport News

An interview with Jens Marquardt: “Our commitment to the DTM has paid dividends”.
    BMW Group PressClub Global / 2h
    The 2018 DTM season draws to a close at the weekend with races 19 and 20 at the Hockenheimring (GER). Even before the grand finale, sights are already set on the future: On Thursday, the ITR announced its plans for the coming years.

Pole position for the BMW M8 GTE at Road Atlanta – Front row for BMW Team MTEK at the FIA WEC race in Fuji.
    BMW Group PressClub Global / 3h
    John Edwards (USA), Jesse Krohn (FIN) and Chaz Mostert (AUS) will start the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship season finale, Motul Petit Le Mans, from the GTLM class pole position. On the other side of the globe, BMW Team

MINI JCW Team Takes the Manufacturers’ Championship in the Street Tuner Race of the Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge Series
    1BMW Group PressClub USA / 13h
    Woodcliff Lake, NJ – October 12, 2018 – MINI USA and the MINI JCW Team are proud to celebrate the Manufacturers’ Championship in the Street Tuner class of the Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge Series this afternoon at Road Atlanta.

BMW Motorsport News - Ausgabe 36/2018.
    BMW Group PressClub Deutschland / 5h
    BMW Team Studie feiert Teamtitel in der Blancpain GT Series Asia – Sieg und Teamtitel für BimmerWorldRacing in der IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge.

]Podium for Marco Wittmann and BMW in the final race of the season – All six BMW M4 DTMs in the top-ten.
    BMW Group PressClub Global / 6h
    BMW M Motorsport ended the 2018 DTM season with a strong team result. Marco Wittmann (GER), at the wheel of the BMW Driving Experience M4 DTM, finished second in the final race of the year to take his place on the podium for

Successful weekend for the BMW M8 GTE on two continents: Second position at Fuji, third place at Road Atlanta.
    Two continents, two race series, two podiums: BMW M Motorsport can look back on a successful weekend with the new BMW M8 GTE.

BMW M8 GTE Completes Inaugural North American Season With Third and Fourth Place Finishes at Motul Petit Le Mans
    BMW Group PressClub USA / 2h
    Woodcliff Lake, N.J. – Oct. 13, 2018… BMW Team RLL closed the inaugural North American season of competition for the BMW M8 GTE with third and fourth place GTLM class finishes at the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar

Isle of Man TT by Studio Kippenberger – Full Length Film
    37Silodrome / 15h
    Isle of Man TT by Studio Kippenberger – Full Length Film Isle of Man TT is a feature film by Studio Kippenberger, the world renowned team of filmmakers headed up by Christopher Kippenberger . It’s notoriously difficult to capture the

Did MotoAmerica's overhaul of its racing classes work out?
    1RevZilla Articles / 4d
    Is Junior Cup fair? What's the purpose of the Twins Cup, anyway? Will Kawasaki and Ducati ever come back? Those and other questions.

MotoAmerica And AMA Extend Partnership Through 2029
    100+Roadracingworld.com / 1d
    The American Motorcyclist Association and MotoAmerica Announce Extension Sanctioning And Promoting Partnership To Be Extended For Up To 10 Additional Years LAS VEGAS, NV (October 11, 2018)

2018 MotoAmerica Night Of Champions Hits Las Vegas
    MotoAmerica » Feed / 12h
    We are the champions: (From left to right) JD Beach, Cameron Beaubier, Dunlop’s Mike Buckley, Alex Dumas, Andrew Lee and Chris Parrish (sans his guitar that got delayed in shipping) celebrate with their custom Dunlop guitars.

Three races set to be introduced into WorldSBK race format in 2019
    200+SBK / 1d
    New era for the premier class on the horizon

WorldSBK To Hold 3 Races Each Weekend In 2019 - 1 Race Saturday, 2 Races Sunday
    29MotoMatters.com / 1d
    The FIM and Dorna today announced that from 2019, the WorldSBK class will see action in three races at each event. A sprint race is to be added on Sunday morning, in addition to the two full-length races held on Saturday and Sunday.

WSB: Chaz Davies speaks out about 2019 plans: “What’s the point of three boring races?”
    1MoreBikes / 1d
    We first told you in May about Dorna’s plans to change WSB from two races to three over a weekend – and yesterday the news was officially announced with the new race happening on a Sunday morning and, reportedly, being a ‘Sprint’

Who Is The Greatest Superbike Rider Of All Time?
    1MotoMatters.com / 3d
    Jonathan Rea made history at the weekend by claiming a record setting fourth consecutive WorldSBK title. The Northern Irishman is at the peak of his powers but where does he rank in the all-time list? “Who's the greatest” has been a

2018 World Superbike Standings After Race 24, San Juan Villicum, Argentina
    MotoMatters.com / 14min
    WorldSBK standings after the second race in Argentina: Round Number: 12 Year: 2018

2018 World Supersport Standings After Race 12, San Juan Villicum, Argentina
    MotoMatters.com / 14min
    WorldSSP standings after the penultimate round: Round Number: 12 Year: 2018

Verstappen denied "dangerous" MotoGP run by Red Bull
    500+Motorsport.com - Formula 1 - Stories / 1d
    The 21-year-old Dutchman, who has four grand prix wins to his name and is contracted with Red Bull through 2020, has previously expressed interest in trialling premier-class grand prix motorcycle racing machinery.

Tom's Tech Treasures: A Closer Look At Recent MotoGP Developments
    200+MotoMatters.com / 1d
    Right handlebar of Valentino Rossi's Movistar Yamaha M1 Peter Bom: Although the bike is ‘ride by wire’, Yamaha still rely on the natural feeling of Bowden cables for the rider throttle, where both Honda en Ducati have electric wires

USA Grand Prixview
    Scuderia Toro Rosso / 2h
    This year is going to be Pierre's first time racing in the US, so he is really looking forward to hitting the track at the Circuit of the Americas.

FIA approves Formula 1 2019 calendar and new rules
    400+Motorsport.com - Formula 1 - Stories / 17h
    Following a meeting in Paris, the 21-round schedule for 2019 was unchanged from the provisional schedule that had been released by F1’s owners Liberty Media back in August. The season will start in Australia on March 17, and finish

The Real Risk Of F1's Streaming Service
    1Christian Sylt / 1d
    Senior auto racing sources have expressed concern that the launch of Formula One’s online streaming service in the United States has created a roadblock for brands to align themselves with the cable broadcast of the series on ESPN.

Motor racing-Hamilton defends Vettel after criticism of mistakes
    1Reuters: Motor Sports News / 4d
    Formula One world champion Lewis Hamilton has defended Sebastian Vettel after the Ferrari driver's title hopes effectively ended in Japan at the weekend.

Sebastian Vettel: Ferrari driver reveals future plans after Japanese Grand Prix nightmare
    1Daily Express / 4d
    SEBASTIAN VETTEL insists he is sticking with Ferrari.

Analysis: Ferrari continues update push despite fading hopes
    100+Motorsport.com - Formula 1 - Stories / 4d
    The family of front-end parts installed on the car in Russia, including a new front wing concept and turning vanes, were retained for the Japanese GP, and these new parts were accompanied by a new front brake duct fence.

Ferrari must tell Sebastian Vettel THIS with Lewis Hamilton battle over - Flavio Briatore
    11Daily Express / 2d
    FERRARI have to remind Sebastian Vettel how to secure F1 glory.

Next stop F1? Women-only motorsport series launched
    2KBBC Sport - Formula 1 / 3d
    A new women-only motorsport series will begin in 2019 to attempt to find potential female Formula 1 stars.

Women-only the way to go? Series launched to find next female F1 racers
    38James Allen on F1 – The official James A... / 2d
    A new women-only single-seater racing series has been launched with the intention of finding the next top female racing drivers and guiding them on the path to Formula One. It has the backing of ex driver turned entrepreneur David

How F1 teams are exploiting rear wing endplate rules
    100+Motorsport.com - Formula 1 - Stories / 3d
    ... ... Keep reading

The changes that made Sauber a midfield challenger
    Motorsport.com - Formula 1 - Stories / 1h
    The progress has given the team a strong foundation ahead of the arrival of current Ferrari driver Kimi Raikkonen in 2019. Sauber's technical director Simone Resta is now well established, and the signs are promising for its future

Hamilton wants different F1 race formats "for certain circuits"
    Motorsport.com - Formula 1 - Stories / 3h

While F1's current focus has been on changes to qualifying to mix up the grid, the world championship leader believes more radical ideas should be considered. In particular, he thinks that at some venues where the racing is never exciting, that new formats like reverse grids should be rolled out. "I think one of the biggest changes that needs to be made is that at the moment it is the same ... Keep reading

Weekend debate: Where did Vettel’s F1 championship challenge unravel?
    9James Allen on F1 – The official James A... / 9h
    With Lewis Hamilton now all-but-certain to claim his fifth world title and be crowned as the 2018 drivers’ champion, year-long championship rival Sebastian Vettel will be left to rue the mistakes that will almost-definitely allow his rival to

Motor racing-Schumacher's son Mick wins European F3 title
    Reuters: Motor Sports News / 1d
    Mick Schumacher, the 19-year-old son of seven-times Formula One world champion Michael, won the European Formula Three title at Hockenheim on Saturday with a race to spare.

BIKE CANDY

RS with Heinrich tank
    1 Habermann & Sons Classic Motorcycles and more 2h // keep unread // hide

Friday 19 October 2018

BMW Motorrad USA Launches E-Commerce Site For Parts, Accessories And Rider Gear
    1BMW Group PressClub USA / 1d
    Woodcliff Lake, NJ – October 17, 2018…BMW Motorrad USA has introduced www.shopbmwmotorcycles.com, an online platform that enhances the shopping experience for BMW motorcycle parts, accessories, and gear.

Motorcycle fascination at the Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este 2019.
    1BMW Group PressClub Global / 1d
    BMW Group Classic and the Grand Hotel Villa d’Este present motorcycle gems from all over the world +++ Concorso di Motociclette forms part of the beauty contest for historic vehicles on the shores of Lake Como for the ninth time +++

[url=https://combustible-contraptions.tumblr.com/post/118454704409/the-1929-bmw-r11-with-royal-sidecar-originalcombustible-contraptions:The 1929 BMW R11 with Royal Sidecar |..[/url]
    Habermann & Sons Classic Motorcycles and... / 2d
    combustible-contraptions : The 1929 BMW R11 with Royal Sidecar | Original Option offered by the factory

BMW MOTORRAD IN THE NEWS

BMW up the ante with three-year warranty on all new models
    16MCNews.com.au / 12h
    BMW Motorrad three-year warranty While car distributors have long seen and capitalised on the appeal of longer term warranty periods we have been waiting for the motorcycle companies to catch up. To their credit, BMW Motorrad is the

BMW Service Inclusive Package | BMW fixed-price servicing
    2MCNews.com.au / 12h
    BMW Service Inclusive Package Hot on the heels of BMW breaking new ground with a three-year warranty on new models, they now announce a full factory backed servicing plan to put some icing on that German cake which will

2018 BMW K 1600 Grand America | Tour Test Review
    42Rider Magazine / 1d
    With its bumblebee-like two-tone Austin Yellow metallic/Black Storm metallic livery, the K 1600 Grand America cuts an eye-catching profile. Whatever the road, this all-in luxury tourer is ready for it. Photos by Kevin Wing.

OTHER MANUFACTURERS

Royal Enfield, the 'other' Milwaukee motorcycle company, finding its way in the US
    bmw motorcycles
    Milwaukee Journal Sentinel / 12h
    Royal Enfield, the 'other' Milwaukee motorcycle company, finding its way in the US Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Full coverage

A victim of working with the old Milwaukee motorcycle company?
    Alta Motors Ceases Operations
    2KAsphalt & Rubber » Asphalt & Rubber / 15h
    We are sad to report that Alta Motors is shutting down its business operations, effective immediately, after failing to find further investment and funding. The post Alta Motors Ceases Operations appeared first on Asphalt & Rubber .

VIDEO: A HARLEY is born. INSIDE H-D’s Pennsylvania plant.
    1MoreBikes / 1d
    Harley-Davidson has just released this excellent short video, which takes you behind the scenes at its Pennsylvania production plant. From raw materials through to assembly and painting – the video shows just how H-D gets things

The rumor goes on.

REVEALED: Here’s Honda’s latest patent designs for the Neo Wing – the three-wheeler, leaning Gold Wing thing. And it’s going to have power steering!
    MoreBikes / 5h
    It’s been a motorcycle that’s coming ever since the prototype/concept bike was shown to the public in October 2015, and just a few days ago Honda filed these latest designs for the production version of the huge Neo Wing.

CONFIRMED: There’s FOUR new Kawasakis coming for EICMA in three week’s time. And here’s what the Japanese experts reckon is on the way.
    1MoreBikes / 1d
    So we know that there are FOUR new bikes coming from Kawasaki and that these 2019 models will be unveiled at the upcoming EICMA motorcycle show in Milan on November 5/6. What we don’t know for sure is exactly what these new

New Suzuki Gixxer 300 debuts - May launch in India to take on BMW G310R
    2Motorcycle News / 1d
    The Haojue DR300, a 300cc naked streetbike was recently unveiled at Chongqing Mobo Fair 2018 in China by Haojue Motorcycles, Suzuki's Chinese partners and manufacturers of small displacement bikes. Launched in China, the Haojue

RIDING

Discover Kentucky’s beautiful State Parks
    1RoadRUNNER Motorcycle Touring & Travel M... / 1d
    If you’re looking for delightful riding and country scenery, fall is the perfect time to discover the Blue Grass state and its 49 state parks, some of which feature resorts and campsites that offer special military discounts for reservists,

GEAR

How to choose the right motorcycle helmet
    Visordown / 3h
    Image: Choosing the right lid is a tricky task. With so many styles on offer, it can be all too easy to just by the one you think looks the coolest. But how do you know that’s the right product for you? What is an open-faced helmet?

TECH

REVEALED: Honda’s plans for a live heads up display beamed to the screen of your bike as your ride
    MoreBikes / 10h
    Honda has filed new designs for a first heads-up-display that will beam a motorcycle’s essential information onto the inside of the bike’s windscreen. The information will appear on a second screen mounted inside the windscreen of

Does the Italian Tune Up Actually Work? It Depends
    4Motorcycle News / 23h
    If you've never heard the phrase "Italian tune up" before, basically, it means driving your car hard and bringing it to redline with the goal of flushing out any deposits or gunk. Depending on what you believe, it works... or it doesn't.

How Does The Lubrication System Work?
    63Cycle World / 1d
    Bikes Friction is the enemy of every engine, and oil is its guardian angel Kevin Cameron explains why modern motorcycle engines, such as this inline-four that powers Honda’s long-running CBR600RR, are so wonderfully durable.

BMW Motorsport News

Strong performance from the BMW iFE.18 at Valencia.
    2BMW Group PressClub Global / 1d
    BMW i Andretti Motorsport kicked off the official test drives for the ABB FIA Formula E Championship at Valencia (ESP) with very good results. At the “Circuit Ricardo Tormo”, both BMW works drivers Alexander Sims (GBR) and

Bimmer

New special exhibition “BMW Art Cars | How a vision became reality.” in the BMW Museum.
    1BMW Group PressClub Global / 4d
    Art Cars #18 by Cao Fei and #19 by John Baldessari celebrate their premiere in Europe. “Big Four” - First four BMW Art Cars of Alexander Calder, Frank Stella, Roy Lichtenstein and Andy Warhol on display. BMW M3 GT2 of Jeff Koons

BMW Group News

Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este 2019 celebrates the sound of the most beautiful classics and two anniversaries.
    1BMW Group PressClub Global / 1d
    BMW Group Classic and the Grand Hotel Villa d’Este are presenting the world’s most exclusive and traditional beauty contest for historic cars and motorcycles from 24th to 26th May 2019 +++ The motto is: “The Symphony of Engines – 90

Listen, learn, act: BMW Group Dialogues finale in Berlin.
    BMW Group PressClub Global / 8h
    +++ Worldwide “BMW Group Dialogues 2018” enter final round +++ Results of “Cities in Progress” survey published +++ ++++ Participatory project “New Mobility Berlin” shows ways to improve urban mobility +++

Rolls Royce Motorcars

TomáS Saraceno To Collaborate With Rolls-Royce Art Programme
    Rolls-Royce Motor Cars PressClub / 8h
    Tomás Saraceno is the latest in a host of eminent artists to join the Rolls-Royce Art Programme. The relationship between Rolls-Royce and Saraceno will adopt a double-aspect approach, with the marque becoming benefactor in part for his

Rolls-Royce Welcomes Apprentice ‘Class Of 2018’
    Rolls-Royce Motor Cars PressClub / 4h
    Rolls-Royce Motor Cars has welcomed 23 talented young people onto its Apprenticeship Programme for 2018 – the largest single intake in the award-winning scheme’s history.

BMW IN THE NEWS

Rolls-Royce is more interested in EVs than hybrids
    12Bmw Blog / 4d
    In a world where car makers are entering some hot water just from a change in the way car emissions are measured, using solely V12 engines for your entire fleet doesn’t seem to be sustainable in the long term. It’s the case of Rolls-Royce,

Rolls Royce May Never Make a Hybrid
    1KTheDrive / 12min
    In a recent interview with Bloomberg , the CEO of Rolls Royce , Torsten Müller-Otvös, said the luxury British automaker will not be making any hybrid vehicles. Rolls Royce plans to stick with it's unique 12 cylinder engine for the time being. Müller-Otvös stated when the time comes the brand plans to go full electric for it's lineup. Müller-Otvös said, "it’s great that BMW Group is so forward-loo

INTERVIEW: We talk BMW Z4 with its product managers
    17Bmw Blog / 1d
    Aside from the new 3 Series, the next most controversial car to come from Bavaria recently is the new BMW Z4 . The brand’s latest roadster, which made its official debut at Pebble Beach , it the largest departure from BMW’s roadster

Would the new BMW Z4 be perfect as an electric roadster?
    400+Bmw Blog / 1d
    Our own Horatiu was recently in Portugal to drive the new BMW Z4 roadster, the first fruits from the BMW/Toyota partnership. Though, driving impressions are still under embargo, so we’ll have to wait a little while longer to see what he

G20 3 Series Purposely Designed to Look Different Than the 5 Series
    1BMW Forum, BMW News and BMW Blog - BIMME... / 1d
    G20 3 Series Purposely Designed to be ‘Totally Different to the 5 Series’

Man's BMW Misidentified and Destroyed by Government While He’s in Surgery
    1KTheDrive / 1d
    A Great Britain man’s BMW 323 was incorrectly designated as abandoned in a hospital lot by the Flintshire, Wales city council as he was having ankle surgery. The car was subsequently seized and destroyed, according to the BBC .

Some Maniacal Russians Built a MiG Jet Fighter-Powered BMW E30
    2KTheDrive / 1d
    There are crazy engine swaps, such as a Dodge Viper's V-10 into a Chrysler PT Cruiser , then there's putting bits of a Cold War jet fighter into a BMW 3 Series.

These are the cars that depreciate the most after 5 years on the road
    100+Autoblog Green / 4d
    Filed under: The average car loses about half of its value after five years on the road. But some vehicles depreciate a lot faster. Here are the 10 cars that depreciate the most after 5 years. Continue reading These are the cars that

OTHER CAGE NEWS

PHOTO CREDIT

Former Corvette Engineers Look at Why It Took So Long for GM to Build a Mid-Engine Vette
    10TopSpeed Newsletter / 3h
    Talk of a making mid-engined Corvette has been constant since the 1970s, but the idea never really fully materialized and if you want to know why GM only is just now testing one with plans to release in 2020, then do read on.

Under the C8 rear deck?

Holden’s Time Attack Concept can hit 100km/h in a second
    500+Yanko Design / 4d
    On paper, Holden’s Time Attack concept, built for the 50th anniversary of their first ever Bathurst 1000 victory, has the fastest acceleration in the world. With the ability to go from 0 to 100km/h (62m/h) in a little over a second, the Time

1,000mph land speed record project now in doubt due to funding woe
    51Ars Technica / 1d
    Enlarge (credit: Stefan Marjoram) There's sad news from the UK this morning, and it doesn't even involve Brexit. (Actually, it does, sort of.) Bloodhound SSC , the land speed record car that's been designed to break the 1,000mph limit, has

Keeping auto retail disruption in perspective
    6Automotive News Breaking News Feed / 1d
    Big shifts are coming to the auto retail world, and dealers say they're getting ready for them. But don't fall for all the fantastical forecasts you hear, they caution.

NADA chairman Wes Lutz cautions dealers to question mobility 'hype'
    5Automotive News Breaking News Feed / 1d
    "Question the hype." That's Wes Lutz's advice on prognostications of how primary transportation models will change.

Porsche evaluates electric Macan for 2022, lineup that's half EV by 2025
    100+Autoblog Green / 1d
    Filed under: Green , Rumormill , Porsche , Crossover , SUV , Electric , Luxury , Performance Porsche financial chief Lutz Meschke said the Taycan is likely to be followed by a battery-powered crossover. Continue reading Porsche evaluates

Audi R8 LMS GT3
    1TopSpeed Newsletter / 1d
    Audi is one of the most successful manufacturers in the highly-popular GT3 arena which attracted most of the world’s top manufacturers since the class debuted in 2006. The German manufacturer rolled out an update for its second-

Porsche Says Human Drivers Will Always Have Option to Drive
    TopSpeed Newsletter / 1d
    Porsche has always been an enthusiast favorite for the simple fact that they’ve always delivered driver-centric cars. And now, Porsche says it will never have Level 5 Autonomy in its cars. According to the automaker, when it comes to self-

Morgan cancels development of long-awaited EV3 electric three-wheeler
    1 Cars by Andrew English / 4d // keep unread // hide

Bentley and the RCA Team Up to Sketch the Future of Elegant Motoring
    2TopSpeed Newsletter / 4d
    Bentley, one of the world’s most sophisticated and luxurious marques, has collaborated with second-year design students from the Royal College of Arts (RCA) to envision its future. The students were asked, "What will British luxury

1910 Cadillac Racer – A $35,000+ Brass Era Competition Roadster
    100+Silodrome / 14d
    1910 Cadillac Racer – A $35,000+ Brass Era Competition Roadster This 1910 Cadillac racer is a brass era roadster that was built with one thing in mind – competition. In 1910 the automotive world was still in its infancy, the first

Recalls

SUZUKI issued a recall on the V-STROM (DL650), GSX-R1000, and GSX-S750 models
    1Transport Canada - Road Safety Recalls / 1d
    On certain motorcycles, the fuel pump O-ring may have been twisted during installation and may not seal properly. This could result in a fuel leak, which in the presence of an ignition source, could increase the...

Search for Recalls Here

BIKE CANDY

More café than racer: The Ural with an espresso machine
    2KBike EXIF Update / 2d
    As we all know , customs and coffee go together like eggs and bacon. In some shops, the espresso machine gets more of a workout than the English wheel. See See Motorcycles spotted this trend a long time ago, and have been serving fine

I want one!