• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW Motorrad-less Newbie! Looking for a good deal

B

benlorenz

Hello from Southeast Michigan,

Now that my wife and I have a baby, I've decided that it's time to get on with life. What do I want to do? Well, get a motorcycle, of course! ;-)

Albeit very few, as a child, some of my fondest memories were on the back of my dad's and grandpa's motorcycles. I hope to give this gift to my boy, as well: "Daddy! Let's go for a ride!" That would be cool.

I took and passed the MSF rider course and subsequently got my motorcycle endorsement about 2 months ago. I'd like to do more training -- particularly for defensive riding and obstacle avoidance. It looks like schools require that the rider have his own bike. One of the local BMW dealers has offered demo rides, which I've gladly accepted. The new F650GS knocked my socks off. What a balance between maneuverability and power! What a machine! The ABS is more than worth its weight in gold on the street. What the heck? Maybe I'll try the 800GS next and be even more impressed.

Anyone have a 2008 and up F650/800GS for sale?

Eine schoene Gruess an meine Deutsche Motorradfahrer auch. Ich habe 1,5 Jahre lang in Pforzheim gearbeitet. Aber, wegen meine Frau, die aus Traunstein Oberbayern kommt, kann ich Deutsch. Die BMW Maschinen sind einfach toll (der A8, auch)!

Bis bald,
Ride safe,
Ben

Hi Ben, welcome home! You will find the Forum here has information on just about anything BMW (and quite a bit not :brow). great folks and a lot of fun.

Let us know how the Bike search goes and post a picture when you have made your choice.

Once again, welcome.

Hello from Southeast Michigan,

Now that my wife and I have a baby, I've decided that it's time to get on with life. What do I want to do? Well, get a motorcycle, of course! ;-)

Albeit very few, as a child, some of my fondest memories were on the back of my dad's and grandpa's motorcycles. I hope to give this gift to my boy, as well: "Daddy! Let's go for a ride!" That would be cool.

I took and passed the MSF rider course and subsequently got my motorcycle endorsement about 2 months ago. I'd like to do more training -- particularly for defensive riding and obstacle avoidance. It looks like schools require that the rider have his own bike. One of the local BMW dealers has offered demo rides, which I've gladly accepted. The new F650GS knocked my socks off. What a balance between maneuverability and power! What a machine! The ABS is more than worth its weight in gold on the street. What the heck? Maybe I'll try the 800GS next and be even more impressed.

Anyone have a 2008 and up F650/800GS for sale?

Eine schoene Gruess an meine Deutsche Motorradfahrer auch. Ich habe 1,5 Jahre lang in Pforzheim gearbeitet. Aber, wegen meine Frau, die aus Traunstein Oberbayern kommt, kann ich Deutsch. Die BMW Maschinen sind einfach toll (der A8, auch)!

Bis bald,
Ride safe,
Ben

Hi Ben,

good luck for searching an appropriate BMW Motorbike. The 800 GS is more powerfull, but the 650 is easier to handle. Like you I'm a fan of Bavarian Bikes (and cars) and I can tell you it's lots of fun! The region where your wife comes from is perfekt for motorbiking.

sch?Âne Gr???ƒe auch an Deine Frau aus dem zur Zeit kalten Bayern

Peter

Ben - welcome to the forum

One of the best parts of getting select is picking it.

Remember to rode test any final choice to make sure you bith fit to each other!

Post a picture when you decide and check in often

Luis

Back