Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Hi from Bavaria, Germany

Welcome

Peter:

Welcome to the BMW MOA! It's great to have international members, particularly those from the BMW Motherland!!!

We hope to see you on some American roads, and likewise, we hope to experience the beauty of your region sometime in the future.

Best wishes,
    piperjim
    Piperjim
    '95 R1100RS "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian!" Henry Ford

Hello Piperjim,

whenever you'll come to experience our country, you're welcome. Come and see us for a coffee, a conversation or what ever you like. I'm planning to start my trip from Anchorage to Ushuaia next year in May.

best wishes Peter

Hi Andres,

yes you're right, the spring this year is rather cold. Last week I visited Paris with my 12 years old grandson and I had not the impression that we are facing a "global warming"!
    I add a picture from April 6 near Paris.
    When you're again in Frankfurt go south with your bike (direction Munich). In Northern Bavaria there is a region called "Fraenkische Schweiz" (which means "Franconian Switzerland"). It is full of twisty and scenic roads.

see you Peter
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hello Alex,

"schrauben" on a Porsche?? I admire your courage! Whenever you're in our region, take a little time to ride the "Fraenkische Schweiz", it's absolutely worthwhile.
    The last 10 days I've been to Paris by bike. (I post some pictures in my album)

see you Peter

Quote Originally Posted by moineau View Post
    Hello Alex,

"schrauben" on a Porsche?? I admire your courage! Whenever you're in our region, take a little time to ride the "Fraenkische Schweiz", it's absolutely worthwhile.

see you Peter
    Hallo Peter,

Bin bald fertig. Morgen dreht der motor endlich wieder um. Guckst mal hier. Und, was guckst du?

Is there a web site of suggested routes through that area?

Quote Originally Posted by GlobalRider View Post
    Hallo Peter,

Bin bald fertig. Morgen dreht der motor endlich wieder um. Guckst mal hier. Und, was guckst du?

Is there a web site of suggested routes through that area?
    Hello Alex,

thanks for your cool links. When do you ride from Solingen to Salzburg the next time. When it will be a weekend I can invite you to ride with me through the "Fr?˝nkische Schweiz", if you like. I don`t know if there is a website for motorcycle tours in this region.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by moineau View Post
    Hello Alex,

When do you ride from Solingen to Salzburg the next time. When it will be a weekend I can invite you to ride with me through the "Fr?˝nkische Schweiz", if you like.
    It'll be a Monday or Tuesday. This year I have to get to Salzburg and take care of a few things before I play tour guide for a couple of friends the following Saturday.

So I will be pressed for time at the start of my tour. But I'm there for six weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by GlobalRider View Post
    It'll be a Monday or Tuesday. This year I have to get to Salzburg and take care of a few things before I play tour guide for a couple of friends the following Saturday.

So I will be pressed for time at the start of my tour. But I'm there for six weeks.
    Don't worry Alex, perhaps on your way back, or whenever you like!

have a nice time Peter