• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Finally bought a BMW!

irish

Registered Schmoozer
Greetings All! After years of lusting after BMWs I finally took the plunge and bought a '02 R1150RT in dark blue mettalic. After much research I bought a one-way ticket to TN to pick it up on Memorial Day and my first ride was at Deals Gap, followed by a 2 day ride back home to WI. An excellent way to get to know my new ride!

This forum was really helpful in researching bikes before I put money down on one and was also great for preparing to do the 24 k maintenance (happily everything started and ran well after I did my very first valve adjustment, no extra parts left over on the garage floor either).

Anyway, I am absolutely loving the bike. I had high expectations at the outset and the RT has exceeded them in every way. Now I am just hoping to ride as much as possible this fall before I get snowed in. This is my first attempt at posting to any forum, so bear with me if I am making any technical errors. Cheers!

Welcome to fourm irish!

Excellent bike, and very nice color - you should post a picture for us to see it

Nothing like breaking in the bike at Deals Gap!!

Check in often

Cheers :thumb

Welcome irish,

Congrats on the new bike! I too have just recently come into the BMW world having purchased a 1200RT. Coming from the world of Harley's, this was a big jump for me too, but like you I am loving it.

Sounds like you had a great way to get to know your new ride with riding the gap and then riding home. There is lots of good information and people here that will help you with any of the maintenance you need to do on the bike too. Take care and again, welcome.

Ron

Welcome Irish and Ron, to the forum and to the world of BMW Motorrad! Great that you found us. The forum is invaluable for technical help, learning where to go and where not to go, and finding riding buddies. Now, how about some pics of those new bikes?

Welcome to the forum Irish! Good to see another 'cheesehead'

Attachments

• cheesehead.gif
    cheesehead.gif
    825 bytes · Views: 100
We ought to meet someday for a Sunday ride

I often head up towards the Iceage Trail and that area to ride out of the Northern Suburbs of Chicago!

I'm easy to pick out.... I'm the one not riding a Harley. :brad

Did someone say something about riding out to meet a new member?

Welcome to the group!
This Sunday should be excellent riding weather.
Maybe we could meet up in SW WI?

Thanks for all the welcoming messages everyone. I'd love to meet for a ride today but unfortunately I am in Ohio and my RT had to stay at home. It's nice weather here too. Maybe next weekend or early next week would work?

I haven't figured out yet how to post pictures directly but fortunately some enterprising folks at Deals Gap take photos at some of the turns. Here's the link to mine:

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/orderpage.aspx?pi=04RK00X8060337&po=337
y

Happy riding this weekend!

Back