Thread: replacing rubber parts

replacing rubber parts

i just had my fairing repainted. where can i get some new rubber gaskets for the areas where the fairing fits through the blinkers and also for the headlight? ordered some square replacement foot pegs and gear shift from boxercafe.com.
    thanks
    paul

What kind of fairing?
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Yarddog
    If it's a stock fairing, most of that stuff seems to be available via factory sources... your choice of source, whether your local brick & mortar dealer, or net sources... But first, we need to know, as previously pointed out, what kinda fairing it is!

if you google r90/6 original, its the fairing that came on the bike back in 1976. its a cafe looking type. i dont know how else to describe it. it has two holes on either side so you can fit the blinker mounts through.

I didn't see it in their catalog, but I'd give Bob's BMW a call. They do show fairing parts and shells...likely they might have a kit of replacement rubber parts.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!