• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Outfitting the bod

I skimmed over this thread and I did not see any Hippo Hands mentioned as they work wonders.

Also, I did not see a Foggy mentioned either as it works really good too.

I always have issue with my feet getting cold. I have not looked into heated socks or heated insoles yet but I will.

I skimmed over this thread and I did not see any Hippo Hands mentioned as they work wonders.

Also, I did not see a Foggy mentioned either as it works really good too.

I always have issue with my feet getting cold. I have not looked into heated socks or heated insoles yet but I will.

I recently learned about "Smartwool" socks. I like them. I even bought 2 more pair this past weekend. REI sells them.

Hello everyone! I'm glad there's a women's only area now...very cool. I don't get online much and I thought I'd use this thread to stop by and say Hi and make a small contribution...

In the summer, I wear an Air Mesh kevlar suit from motoport. I always carry merino wool long underwear from Minus 33. It packs light.

In the fall, winter and spring, I just purchased a riding suit from Teiz Motorsports. I know alot of you already have gear, but for thoes of you that don't, check this company out. Sadly, I won't get to test it out because it appears surgury is in my near future...

For thoes with cold feet, I've used toe warms with great results.

Gerbings just came out with new jackets, pants and gloves with micro wire technology...I tried the gloves on, and you can't feel the wires...at all! So, if you're in the market for heated clothing, this would be awsome!

Take care everybody!

Be sure to drop by during your recovery. There will be lots of people weather bound who would love to have you share your wisdom.

Heal well and quickly!

Voni
sMiling

Be sure to drop by during your recovery. There will be lots of people weather bound who would love to have you share your wisdom.

Heal well and quickly!

Voni
sMiling

Thanks Voni!

Another vote for the Smartwool socks - big difference in comfort.
I do have Gerbings jacket liner and gloves, and for the coldest riding I've done I had an Under Armour base layer, and a thermal shirt with mock turtleneck collar.
One great addition I found 2-3 years ago? Under Armour makes a cold weather helmet liner (intended for football helmets). Basically a thin material ski mask that does wonders for keeping air off my throat and keeps my face warm without too much bulk.

... For thoes with cold feet, I've used toe warms with great results.

...Take care everybody!

I've been wondering for a few days about the "toe warms" to which you refer-
are those the dry chem packets
you squeeze to activate that cost a couple of bucks apiece that you buy at outdoor outfitters?
I imagine you tuck them into the toes of your boots?

I always wear a Roadcrafter. What goes on under it depends on what I feel like wearing that morning.

Day before yesterday, it was 44 and raining.

Under the 'stich was a pair of thickish tights, a camo skirt, long sleeve t-shirt and that BMW zip front thermal jacket liner thing. "Liner" socks, Sidi boots, Rev'it H20 gloves and a modular helmet. Was fairly warm.

Today it was 42 and not raining.

Long sleeve T and flannel shirt, cords, BMW thermal thing again but this time under a thinish REI jacket made with the Schoeller wind block material, BMW zippered neck warmer, same type of sock, gloves, boots. I was cold 5 minutes after I left the house and the almost useless heated grips on the baby GS were now totally useless. I couldn't get warm to save my life.

I have been known to wear an Aerostich "Unobtanium" heated vest or a Gerbing jacket liner from time to time.

And on my Honda Rebel, I use the Givi "Covers", which are just like Hippo Hands. they work GREAT!!!! If I use those, I can leave the Rev'it gloves at home and wear my thin summer Held gloves.

I've been wondering for a few days about the "toe warms" to which you refer-
are those the dry chem packets
you squeeze to activate that cost a couple of bucks apiece that you buy at outdoor outfitters?
I imagine you tuck them into the toes of your boots?

Thoes are the ones! With adhesive on the bottom. I just wear a normal pair of cotton crew socks. If it's really cold...say 35, then I wear smartwool hiking socks. I carry an extra pair of socks just in case my feet get really sweaty to change out.

Both Amy and I stick with smartwools as much as possible. Their Ski-Socks work out great for riding because they are nice and high which works out great for our riding boots.

We almost always buy from Sierra Trading Post because of the prices.

In fact, I think it was July when Christmas came early and we stocked up on about another 25 pair because we had a coupon for an additional 20% off . :D

Back