• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Jola from NM

B

beef706

HI all I am a retread rider with my very first Beemer, (R1150RT). She is down with ABS problems right now, but I have really been loving the bike, great mix of practical comfort, with a good bit of fun.My 52 year old back loves this bike, and my hockey playing knees are digging it as well. I hail from Rio Rancho NM, just outside Albuquerque ans I am a HS teacher, (but don't expect good spelling):doh I also enjoy old guy hockey, skiing, ballooning and cycling. I used to ride MX but had to quit a couple of years ago because of arthritis in my knees and hands. Most fo my riding is commuting, but I am working up to a couple of tours this year. I look forward to being involved with the community.:bikes

Welcome Aboard Beef706 :wave

Just about any technical question you might have about your rides
and
where to take them touring is available here either via the search button
or
by just starting a new thread.

Come back often and post a few pictures.

Paul

Welcome to the family. Glad to have you here. :wave

Check out THIS LINK for a Chartered Club near you. Good folks who love Beemers (and maybe riding to eat)

Hola Beef! Como estas?! I lived in New Mexico many years. Good to have you.

Welcome aboard Beef706 - this is a great place for sharing and learning things

Check out the Garage for all things technical, you will have real interest in the Gear and Oilhead Section.

Check in often and post often.

Cheers!

Luis

hello all
just joined bmoa yesterday. corpsman, 1968 (that's for you beef). just completed 8500 miles on new 1200 gs and in texas for now adding ohlins suspension and adding a couple of long haul items. what i really is younger knees. headed to rally in smithville, texas on october 16th then back through houston and on to florida until spring when i will head back to the north west.

pecos

Thanks for the replies, I am lookin gforward to the ride:clap

Welcome beef, from another new guy to the BMW world. The folks on this site are a BIG help as I am quickly finding out. They have already answered most of my newbie questions and are giving me an education on these bikes. Enjoy your ride and again, welcome.

Ron

Back