• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Avon Azaro AV 45/46

D

DareDevilDrew

I have read some good things about these tires and want to try some, but would like to make sure they are an BMW authorized tire for my '04 K12RS ?

Does anyone know where I can check this info ?

I have checked with my dealer to no avail thus far.

Thank you twice !!

YB in IN said:
I don't know about your tires, but that is a brilliant sig line! Welcome to the forum.:)

thank you and thank you ...

seems like a decent site ....

I don't know about BMW "authorization" but a number of folks have had good things to say about the Avons on the K12 list.
www2.i-bmw.com
To date I've been happy with the Michelin Pilot Roads, may try the Metzler Z6 next.

I've also had these recommended from a solid RS rider who says they're his favorite. Sometimes a little "dancing" but he says if you keep your weight off the bars, it disappears immediately.

Metzler Z6's Red Flagged ?

I had a BMW dealer tell me just yesterday that the Z6's are Red flagged for both the RS and the GT at the Metzler site ? Said they would NOT want to but them on, but another BMW dealer told me they recommended the Z6 for the RS ? Anyone got the real skinny on this ? I was going with the Z6's until I got these mixed messages. I ran Metzlers Tourance's on my '01 GS and they were my overall fav.

:dunno

I haven't heard of any problems with the metzelers other than the rear for the RS/GT is the Z6 B, with a stiffer sidewall, which is in short supply at this time.

Back