• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R1200CLC Centerstand

B

ben50171

I have been advised by my local dealership that the $160 accessory "center/service stand" for the R1200 bikes won't work on the R1200CL. I'm told it's too low (short), and the only one that will work (from the factory) is the $600+ shop tool centerstand, which is WAY more than I am willing to spend!!

I was wondering if any of you had experience with this stand with your R1200's or R1200CL's, and whether you could verify this or not.

Seems to me if it's only too low, a piece of wood the correct thickness (like a short piece of 1"x8" or so) would fill the bill for raising it up!

Thanks in advance!

Warmest regards,
Ben

The mounting points on the CL are not the same as the C. The holes are not part of the engine housing. They are the little chrome tabs that hang off the crosspiece that is the support and mounting base for the footpegs. This explains why the dimensions of the CL aren't the same as the C.

You don't have to buy the BMW offering. There are many that work or can be made to work. The chromeheads forum has a product info section for stands and lifts:

http://www.chromeheads.org/discus/messages/9/33191.html?1096275884

Check the chromeheads forum marketplace, too, the "for sale" section.

I use a regular motorcycle/atv lift plus an adaptor that I built.
It fits into the lifting holes on the bike. The only problem you have to do some welding and drilling to build one. Could send more info if interested

Back