Thread: Tire change with TPS

innate need to improve

Tire change with TPS

Time to replace tires on my 08 RT. I'm planning on doing it myself but have some concerns with the tire pressure sensors. Are there any precautions I should be aware of? Can you remove the valve stems and use Dyna beads without any problem with the TPS. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

Rally Rat

Tps

Watched mine being done, and there did not appear to be any special steps involved.....

K Bikes Complex by Choice cjack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dockeithdc View Post
    Time to replace tires on my 08 RT. I'm planning on doing it myself but have some concerns with the tire pressure sensors. Are there any precautions I should be aware of? Can you remove the valve stems and use Dyna beads without any problem with the TPS. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.
    Be sure to break it down away from the valve stem. Just stay away from it in any thing you do with spoons, etc. I would not mess with those beads. It is so simple to balance a tire with weights and if you are going to be doing your own tires, an investment in a simple balancer and wheel adapter is a good investment. What you save the first time will more than pay for the proper tools.
    R1200GS LC Rallye
    Jack Hawley MOA and RA #224, KE9UW ("Chuck")