• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Weather: Color in the Catskills

hcmiller52

Unfortunately, the weather report for 36 hours is very poor. In Albany, 40 miles north, the clouds are closing in now (2:00 pm) and the chance of rain through Sunday morning is very high. :mad

Ditto here in Vermont. I was going to go to a function at the NY, CT border but the weather looks "damp"

Heading up in my 'Stich on Sunday!.

70 degrees and beautiful!

I really don't mind riding in the rain. But, living on Long Island and driving in traffic during a rain storm is an adventure of it's own kind. Just not fun!

For those of you who didn't come up today you missed just about perfect weather.
Partly to mostly sunny highs around 70. Forecast for tomorrow looks good.

The weather looked bad...but was great even on top of the mountian, never got rained on 68 and peeks of sun.

i hit one drop on Saturday at around 11am in Kingston but never saw any more rain the whole time, thank you weather gods for taking care of us this weekend.

You need to ignore the weather forecast, The weather men are wrong more than thay are right. I left Ct on Friday afternoon, arrived by 8:30 PM and the only rain we had was Friday night until Saturday about 6:00 AM . We had clouds and threats of rain but it was a wonderful weekend.

Glad to see all my good friends.

Craig

You need to ignore the weather forecast, The weather men are wrong more than thay are right. I left Ct on Friday afternoon, arrived by 8:30 PM and the only rain we had was Friday night until Saturday about 6:00 AM . We had clouds and threats of rain but it was a wonderful weekend.

Glad to see all my good friends.

Craig

yeah, i figured a dry ride up and a dry ride home and got both. friday night was rainy, but i'd had enough beer that it didn't matter, just sorta fell into my tent and woke up to the buzz of the Akrapovics on the HP2s (or was it just my head). most of the rain came and left in that time. little bit more sat night but no big. hit real heavy downpours riding east of the rally on sat, but turned west and it was just fine, plenty of time to dry out.:clap

yeah, i figured a dry ride up and a dry ride home and got both. friday night was rainy, but i'd had enough beer that it didn't matter, just sorta fell into my tent and woke up to the buzz of the Akrapovics on the HP2s (or was it just my head). most of the rain came and left in that time. little bit more sat night but no big. hit real heavy downpours riding east of the rally on sat, but turned west and it was just fine, plenty of time to dry out.:clap

I was betting on spending most of Saturday sitting inside having some drinks, but instead it was nice and sunny (had to open the vents on my Olympia jacket). Riding home on Sunday I encountered a few clouds that gave me 1-2 minutes of light mist, and then just a 15-20 minute rain as I rode through the Erie, PA area (lake effect). It was cool, but otherwise a fine ride and I was able to score a good average speed over those 600 miles. Really, I couldn't ask for much better weather this time of year.

I had it with this wacky and unpredictable weather. I was in rain or shine.

Attachments

• IMAG0021.jpg
    IMAG0021.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 118
My bike and I stayed dry Friday night, flipped a coin on Sat and luckily heads (head west) won, so I stayed dry, and only hit a few sprinkles southbound on Rt 10 Sun morning. A great weekend.

670231762_sPEWM-L.jpg

850 miles for the weekend not one mile in the rain. Rained Fri night from about 10pm-6am. Great ride Sat.

Brian

P1010036.jpg

P1010033.jpg

DSC_0936.jpg

DSC_0942.jpg

DSC_0952.jpg

P1010042.jpg

Back