• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

I've noticed...

tmoyer

Intermediate Adventurer
As we know, there was alot of chatter about segragation, discrimation, etc. when the topic of this area was brought up. I still feel they are non-issues.

In the short time this forum has been opened, I've noticed at lead a half dozen new female members who are posting for the first time or posting more often.

To them, I say, Welcome and thank you for joining all of us here on the MOA boards! (and don't limit yourself to his one area.)

As we know, there was alot of chatter about segragation, discrimation, etc. when the topic of this area was brought up. I still feel they are non-issues.

In the short time this forum has been opened, I've noticed at lead a half dozen new female members who are posting for the first time or posting more often.

To them, I say, Welcome and thank you for joining all of us here on the MOA boards! (and don't limit yourself to his one area.)

I've noticed that too... I for one have rarely posted in the past... just not fun... I am really liking "our room"

The guys have come by and said, "Hey" I hope they felt welcomed...I enjoy the contributions they've made... I am really liking all the wine label pictures! and the bike pictures.... I'll have to go out and take one of mine.

I think Our Room has all the earmarks of an interesting, lively discussion zone...

Just keep posting, just keep posting...

This is a paraphrased quote from the character Dori in the movie Finding Nemo.

In case you don't know, this is were Nemo and Dori had to swim down into the pitch dark water after the mask.... just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

Anyone out there know what I am talking about?

Newstar,

It does seem like we've been saying "hello" to new posting members each day. I think it's just grand! I don't think anyone has the notion that this is the only forum to be involved, altho, it may be the initial draw to get involved.

We're all busy people and don't have the luxury of sitting online 24/7, at least I don't....but I'd say we're doing a bang up job for the first week. From what I've read, there are many ladies out there who are riding and who have much to offer this forum.

The pictures of bikes are outstanding.....I'm getting jealous already!! ;) I look at what some of the ladies are riding who are smaller than me and think to myself....hmmmmmmmmmm. Don't be a wus!!

I'm grinning. I had a feeling this forum would work and it appears it has. Thank you all for posting and getting involved.

I see no reason that woman don't post thru out the forum. I think their opinion is just as relevant as mine or any other man.

Hey Karen! It was great to meet you at the Tennessee Rally - thanks for introducing yourself!

This area is a great idea. Although I still particpate in the 'other' forums, I now make it a point to stop by here for a visit, too! I agree that there are some things that are best shared with 'girlfriends'. The guys may think they understand our concerns, anxieties etc, but I'm not sure they really do quite get it. I have a very patient, very understanding husband who is my riding partner, but even he doesn't understand why some situations he takes for granted may be a challenge to me. Thanks to ALL of you for getting this up and running!

Cheryl

Maybe I just approach the furum differently. When I log on, I don't go to any one area. I hit the button for new posts and skim the topics reading whatever thread catches my eye. When starting a new topic, I try to file it in the appropriate area.

Do others just go to specific forums to read posts or peek in to all the rooms?

I'm with you Newstar! The New Posts feature is my favorite.

I do know when I'm traveling, there is just one sub forum that I check on another forum. Maybe it's a time thing.

Voni
sMiling

Well the new women's forum has already taught me something. I never noticed the New Posts button before. It makes checking the forum much easier. Thanks.

Well gee. . .

I've been trying to participate here since I noticed it a few weeks ago. I belong to several internet boards and have a hard time keeping up with them all, so sometimes I just don't visit very often. Sometimes I don't have much to say and sometimes I say too much (you'll know when that happens!)

I think this concept has potential and may draw out a few women riders who simply don't want to discuss oil and tires and the best farkles to add to our bikes.

Besides, I like to hang out with lady riders, 'cause we are all sooo coool! :D

This is such a great idea!

Thank you in particular womanridge. I really like the way this section is developing. Over the past few days I've been lurking here and find it so much more comfortable and easy... no complaining and sniping as sometimes happens in other areas. I have have certainly benefitted from the knowledge of postings in other areas of the forum but have made very few posts.
When the proposal was first made for this section, I had some reservations that inspite of womanriders intentions, it might become exclusive rather than inclusive. This has not happened. There have been some wonderfully supportive posts from the guys and so much interesting and fun stuff to read. Hanging around a garage full of old bikes listening to detailed talk about mechanical things and performance isn't really my thing but this section of the forum definitely is!:clap

Now for a glass or two of Cab/Shiraz

Last edited:
Thank you in particular womanridge. I really like the way this section is developing. Over the past few days I've been lurking here and find it so much more comfortable and easy... no complaining and sniping as sometimes happens in other areas. I have have certainly benefitted from the knowledge of postings in other areas of the forum but have made very few posts.
When the proposal was first made for this section, I had some reservations that inspite of womanriders intentions, it might become exclusive rather than inclusive. This has not happened. There have been some wonderfully supportive posts from the guys and so much interesting and fun stuff to read. Hanging around a garage full of old bikes listening to detailed talk about mechanical things and performance isn't really my thing but this section of the forum definitely is!:clap

Now for a glass or two of Cab/Shiraz

You're welcome.:clap
Been on the road for the past 2 1/2 weeks. I'm on the final leg of a 8,500 mile trip. Hope to be home Wed. night. I expect to catch up on this fantastic room of ours!! Stay involved Ladies, & gents.

Tip 'o the hat to our forum hostess, Womanridge. :bow

She has succeeded in developing a forum that promotes camaraderie and
doesn't carve out some "no boys allowed" clubhouse, or silly ladies' auxilliary.
I've especially appreciated the tone maintained in here, and consider it a bonus
that MOA members who had been lurking but not found a place comfortable to post
found this and now participate fully. :clap

Tip 'o the hat to our forum hostess, Womanridge. :bow

She has succeeded in developing a forum that promotes camaraderie and
doesn't carve out some "no boys allowed" clubhouse, or silly ladies' auxilliary.
I've especially appreciated the tone maintained in here, and consider it a bonus
that MOA members who had been lurking but not found a place comfortable to post
found this and now participate fully. :clap
Thanks iRene, you were helpful in getting me on the right track. :buds
Keep this forum alive ladies, and gents.:wave

She has been an absolute pleasure in our Wisconsin world too. Totally grooving to having her in our Club and as a friend too. She's definitely not high maintenance.

BTW - as soon as I take the time I'll set this up with my MOA number and my name. :nyah

Way to go! :buds

She has been an absolute pleasure in our Wisconsin world too. Totally grooving to having her in our Club and as a friend too. She's definitely not high maintenance.

BTW - as soon as I take the time I'll set this up with my MOA number and my name. :nyah

Way to go! :buds
[/QUOTE:clap:nyah:buds
Thanks, Copilot.:blush

I am here. I do not know why I don't post much. One thing I do not like is I do not receive my e-mail notifications to anything on here.

Back