• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Windshield Bracket

D

drcabe

I've found the Cee Baileys windshield I wanted for my R12R and I know I need the BMW touring tall shield bracket (# 71-60-7-699-573) but I cannot find this part anywhere on the internet....I'd like to think I could find this somewhere other than the dealer. Any help would be great.

David - the reason it's hard to find on the Interwebz is:

1 - It's a BMW only part. There is no other manufacturer, so all of them came/come from BMW.

2 - It's a part that is in demand - since manufacturers besides BMW have made shields that fit this bracket - many people with an aftermarket shield want this bracket.

3 - There is an "insider" website for R12R owners.. http://r1150r.org/board/viewforum.php?f=20 and most equipment swaps/sales take place on this website before they ever go public.

You might put a search on Ebay for it - but I've had one going for about 2 years - and I've only seen one sell on ebay. They are that rare. You might talk to your friendly mebbe-local dealer about ordering one, and see if they offer an MOA parts discount (some do, some don't.. some will give you 10% for just asking, some will look at you crosseyed for asking..) truely a case of YMMV.

Good luck! :laugh

I kinda figured it was a dealer only item but there are so many companies making the shields you would think someone would be making brackets.

Thank you Don,

I ordered the tall shield bracket online from Chicago BMW. They offer a 20 percent discount for online orders. The bracket arrived about two weeks afterward.

Back