• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Pictures - Bikes, Trips, Scenery, Life Moments

martinph

Prefers to play
Good morning ladies, It would be nice if we could see some pictures of the bikes you are riding.
Martin.

Here are mine.

The B: 2005 F650 GS
tracy-Chestertown.jpg

And my new nameless wonder: 2009 R1200 GS (sorry, I probably need to resize this one.)

1200GS.jpg

Here's my baby......packed up and ready to go. I've added engine guards since this picture was taken. Does it ever end??? :dunno

Attachments

• IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 2,715
Delmarva and the Susquehana?

Yup! Good eye, Terrance!

Chestertown, MD and one of the power plant parks on the south side of the Susquehanna. That's the I-95 bridge in the background.

Hey, when we catching up for a ride?

Hey Celeste! nice bike and Welcome! I can you haven't posted much, so I'm especially glad you've joined us here!

How long have you been riding? where do you like to go? tell us a little more about yourself if you'd like.... or remain a mystery woman if you prefer! :)

Helen,

I have not posted much as I have just recently joined....I am new to BMW and the MOA. Just picked up my R1200R in June. I was not able to ride for about 6-10 weeks Dr.'s orders this summer (reattached a tendon in my forearm). Although I did find a way to get the break in mileage on my bike.

I have not been riding as long as some but I do put on a fair bit of mileage on my bikes (15K to 20K km/yr). I love going on motorcycle trips. I live in Hamilton Ontario and this year I went on my first solo long distance trip Rhode Island and back on my previous bike (1985 Honda Nighthawk CB650SC)....

My boyfriend and I explored Vermont for our vacation this year and as long as the weather holds out I will be heading down to Pennsylvania the first weekend in October (first solo ride on the R1200R)

My other two passions are my Irish Wolfhounds (3 of them) and playing music. I play the bodhran (irish drum) and the hammered dulcimer.

I have posted on other parts of the forum as I am hoping to take a bike trip in Europe in a couple of years (hopefully within 5 years...have to save up enough $$) and I am picking the collective knowlege here to help me to plan.

We that is it in a nutshell...

Celeste

Here is mine - 1977 R80/7. Bought it 5 years ago with 7,200 original miles. :lol

Attachments

• bike camping.JPG
    bike camping.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 2,794
149769;501050 I will be heading down to Pennsylvania the first weekend in October (first solo ride on the R1200R) Celeste[/QUOTE said:
Hi Celeste!

Where in Pennsylvania are you heading? I'm in Delaware, but can leave my house and be in South Eastern PA in ten minutes or less.

Hi Celeste!

Where in Pennsylvania are you heading? I'm in Delaware, but can leave my house and be in South Eastern PA in ten minutes or less.

I am going to be staying with friends in Coopersburg and attending an Irish Wolfhound Show in Morgantown on the Sunday and Monday...

The trip will be mostly the commute to Coopersburg and back home again. I do not have a lot of time. The plan is to leave home on Saturday am and get to Coopersburg by dinner time and then do the reverse on the Tuesday...

Since Google maps tells me the drive takes about 7 hours I am giving myself about 10 to take into account gas and bio breaks as well as the border. I do not want to be riding at night in that area because there are just so many deer this time of year.

Of course if it is calling for a lot of rain when I check the weather that Friday night I will take my van...

Holly,

I am a member of CVMG....I actually parked beside you a last year at the Paris Rally with my Nighthawk. You had the Virago that day...

I have walk my dogs at the Dundas Conservation area in the past when I lived in Flamborough...Stick around the city now as the dogs are older and perfer shorter walks.

Celeste

Holly,

I am a member of CVMG....I actually parked beside you a last year at the Paris Rally with my Nighthawk. You had the Virago that day...

I have walk my dogs at the Dundas Conservation area in the past when I lived in Flamborough...Stick around the city now as the dogs are older and perfer shorter walks.

Celeste

I wanna see pics of the DOGS!!;)

Back