• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Good Route From Westport CT to Denver CO

S

slider5150

Hi. Just bought a used R1200RT, and I fly out to pick it up tomorrow, Wednesday Sept. 22nd. I will start riding back Thursday. I am planning to take US6 across PA, and then, once I get to Cleveland OH, just hitting I80 to buzz back. Any thoughts about US6 or better rides across PA? Any better, but not too much longer, rides from Cleveland back to Denver? I80 is kinda flat and boring, but I do have to get back for work on Monday...

Thanks in advance for the suggestions!

Woodstock NY in the Catskills........"people watch" all the hippies....

The Yankee Beemers will be camping out Friday and Saturday night at Taconic State Park on the Hudson River.........This is right on your way. www.yankeebeemers.org

Check out "the Grand Canyon of PA" off of Rt6 through PA

Bedford PA is a great area to explore......Lots of covered bridges, gravity hill, nice vistas

Hit up the AMA Motorcycle Museum in Pickerington, Ohio http://www.motorcyclemuseum.org/

The Dayton Air Museum (Dayton Ohio) is not to miss!

Indy Motor Speedway Museum is on your way.......

Lincoln Highway, National Road and US Route 50 are all excellent East/West Routes (Search is your friend)

Stop in Dodge City, Kansas............Great CowBoy / Settling of the West stuff.

Have a great time........Wish I was going....:wave

Unless there is snow, definately Route 6 from CT to Cleveland. Grand Canyon of PA eh? Gee, now my interest is piqued!
Thanks for the great ideas!

Back