• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Ronda

P

Peter_Krynicki

I was reading about the tour in Spain in the latest MOA which has a stop in Ronda. FWIW I wanted to share a few pics from when I was there for a conference a couple of years ago because it's such a beautiful town. And IMO it would be a shame to just spend one night there.

There's three bridges across the gorge. This is the newest and those are restaurants on the wall of the gorge. We ate one night at the one in the corner by the first arch...

81645971_k6NJW-M-1.jpg

You can walk just out of Ronda and then around and down to the bottom of the gorge, keeping in mind you will also have to walk back up...

81646464_k4U6Q-M-1.jpg

But like every city in Europe I've been to there are many small cafes to relax in...

81662217_FFptj-M-1.jpg

And it's not easy to tell, but this is a garden on the other side of the gorge with several levels with fountains and places to look out over the countryside...

81662654_hv9s3-M-1.jpg

Biking through Spain would be fun but it would be a shame to visit a city like Ronda and not spend enough time to explore.

Thank you for posting

Those cliffs have a dark history, that is were the Republican troops lead by Franco threw the Nationalist supporters to their death. Their murders and the bombing of Guernica sparked the international supporters to arrive in Spain. The Ronda incident inspired Ernest Hemingway who heard the cry and wrote about them in For Whom The Bell Tolls. However most of the inspirational sites in the novel are north of Madrid. Also the oldest Bull Ring is in Ronda and another sport close to Hemingway's heart.

Spain is a great place to ride and if one ever gets a chance please try the dirt roads leading to the interesting small villages, La Granja or a Castle. I had the pleasure of living Spain and once you are sorted you can pick your passion, for me the bell tolls for Asturias which is green and to the north, others enjoy the sun and the south.

Thanks for the flash back and knowing the place stays timeless. :thumb

Back