• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

f650 twin Pics

I was looking through the other pics on the twin threads and didn't see many 650 twin pics with hardcases. I am looking at purchasing some hardcases and I am starting to do my research. I would love to hear some opinions on the different kinds of hardcases you have bought along with what kind of windshields you have have installed for better touring on the 650 twin. Thanks for all the input.:wave

Hello,

I have the BMW top case which i love... it is quality made...
I have Caribou side cases, which i really like. There is a big top loader verse side loader debate in the world of hard cases... but i am very happy with my Caribou side cases... i can unlock them and have them off in 10 seconds. I have ridden through some storms and no leakage. Part of my choice for the side cases was economic, if i was a richer person i wouldn't rule out he BMW cases... based on my liking the top case.

Pete in OKC, OK

Attachments

• DSC_0077_2.jpg
    DSC_0077_2.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 332
2009 f 650 gs

I love my F 650 GS. I have added BMW handguards, touring windshield, luggage, engine guard. BMW makes quality products. ( I do not like the Wolfman bag on top - too much connecting)...

My only complaint is the seat!! I get "iron bunns" after a few hours. I'm in line for a Renazco seat - but it will be Feb. 2010 before I get it. (long, long, waiting list).

I love this bike I rode to Jasper, AR (from Dallas, TX). It handled like a dream - on the Pig Trail and trails all around the area!

It's a super bike and I'm just looking for a place to ride!!:clap:bikes

Best of luck to you!

Terri in Dallas, Tx

Attachments

• MyBike.jpg
    MyBike.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 299
More..

The side cases - expand - which is a great feature. It rained on my trip to Jasper and really rained all day home on Sunday - no leakage whatsoever - Great cases!

Next is going to be the engine guard (i meant crash bars in above post), gps (will be Garmin as the BMW Brand is not as up to date as the ZUMO, will use a TourTech mount.

I'm ready to ride!!:bikes

Hey Terri! Good to see you here!

Here's my wonderful bike!

642606909_e3JmP-M.jpg

I've got Hepco Becker bags and love them. (you can see the mounts in this picture). I can take them off and carry them into the hotel room. They hold a lot of stuff too!

My windshield is a Cee Bailey 16 inch domed shield. It works GREAT for me.

Jesse 8" Safari

677588842_QpgLR-L.jpg

Full set of Jesse's in gray.

516301533_4qwXt-L.jpg

Pizza box and sidecase racks.

469259530_5vXAz-L.jpg

Rear view.

Edit: And I can carry more stuff in these than in the side and small topcase on my RT.

Last edited:
Side Bags

Hey, thanks for the pics...several good options out there...sort of leaning towards the Jesse system, but that is also the higher end price-wise...still have time to think about it...windshield is first !

Scotchale

10 F 650 Twin
05 F 650 CS
93 Funduro
04 RT
0X GS...F 800 or 1200????

I'm thinking of TRAX cases from twisted throttle. Check them out at Twistedthrottle.com

I've got them. They're very functional except maybe for two problems: they leak like a sieve, which is why they now come with waterproof liners; and, the locks are pretty chintzy. Oh, they also are pretty wide on the bike, but that doesn't really bother me since I don't do lane splitting.

I compared several aluminum and steel top cases, and saw no advantage to them over the expandable Vario top case.

I removed the F800 screen and installed the lower F650 screen for a quieter ride.

Fred

Vario cases are too heavy!

I received my F650GS2 a few weeks ago. I was so impressed on the test ride. Light handling and feeling. Well balanced. Nicely designed.
However, I ordered the Vario cases separately to install myself and save a few bucks (I like to install my own accessories: gives a chance to get to know the bike.) The first thing I noticed with the Vario cases is that THEY WEIGH A TON! 15 lbs each, to be exact. That makes about 35 lbs above the cg and behind the rear axle (45 lbs if you get the top case.)
Sorry, but that is ridiculously bad design. I don't care how "sturdy" they are. They wreck the handling of a very sweet-handling bike. I've had Jesse's, oilhead System Cases, F650GS (single) Vario cases, and all are lighter than these. So I took them back for $800 credit.
Jeez BMW, what are you thinking?
CP
BMW rider for 25 yrs. Riding m'cycles for 45 yrs.

I'm thinking of TRAX cases from twisted throttle. Check them out at Twistedthrottle.com

Hold out until they spring Open House and they will install them. At open house there is usually free installation of sold items and free food and a door prizes.

I received my F650GS2 a few weeks ago. I was so impressed on the test ride. Light handling and feeling. Well balanced. Nicely designed.
However, I ordered the Vario cases separately to install myself and save a few bucks (I like to install my own accessories: gives a chance to get to know the bike.) The first thing I noticed with the Vario cases is that THEY WEIGH A TON! 15 lbs each, to be exact. That makes about 35 lbs above the cg and behind the rear axle (45 lbs if you get the top case.)
Sorry, but that is ridiculously bad design. I don't care how "sturdy" they are. They wreck the handling of a very sweet-handling bike. I've had Jesse's, oilhead System Cases, F650GS (single) Vario cases, and all are lighter than these. So I took them back for $800 credit.
Jeez BMW, what are you thinking?
CP
BMW rider for 25 yrs. Riding m'cycles for 45 yrs.

Give some thought to Pelican Cases. They are light and virtually indestructible. You can buy them as motorcycle gear from Caribou.

Save a few bucks by buying the Pelican cases on eBay and the mounting system from Caribou. :thumb

Back