• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

26 Bike wreck by Portland Or.

Ridealot

Lifetime Member
It appears the number of bikes that went down is up to about 26. The area where the wreck occurred is notorious for traffic suddenly slowing. The first reports said that the bikes ran into the back of a car that had slowed for traffic. A couple of people are in serious condition.

I guess this is a good reason not to ride all bunched up parade style. Hopefully they will all be O.K.

http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/kgw_091809_news_motorcycle_wreck_interstate_.1926e4d52.html

After looking at the website of the bike club involved I am not surprised. I don't think riding skills are a high priority for them.

Although their choice in bikes and riding gear is quite different from mine, I hope they all recover quickly.

www.brotherspeedmcoregon.com

Wanna bees

I saw this pack of yo-yo's. Maybe a bike length between machines...at 70mph, heavy traffic. Accident waiting to happen was my though

Everyone seems to have their own definition as to what constitutes a "Biker". Not that appearances are everything or anything, my brief look at their website shows them to be clean, have nice looking motorcycles and meet at upscale places. This is quite the opposite of "bikers" seen around these parts.

They kind of look like Bizzaro BMW riders. (ala Seinfeld)

When I took some MSF classes it seemed that one of their priorities was to teach riders to use, not fear the front brake. From my place here on Mt Olympus I don't wonder if there were a rider or two who did not have or use a front brake.

Hopefully they will all heal just fine, draw the proper conclusions about the cause and learn a lesson from their experience. Perhaps their experience will help others to avoid the same pitfall.

They sure have a long list of deceased (while young) members.

amiles;500434............... I don't wonder if there were a rider or two who did not have or use a front brake. [/QUOTE said:
Front brakes don't look cool on a chopper.

:scratch

I read they were an outlaw biker group and were monitored by law enforcement, unless the story had it wrong. Two were severly injured. Others suffered broken bones and other injuries. In my opinion way too many bikes in one group. I think more that three or four is too many though. I would not ride in a group this large. Heck, I wouldn't ride in a group of more than three or four. Too many variables and opportunities for mistakes resulting in injury, or death.

I just checked out their website. I liked the Bonneville Gallery.

Maybe next time, they'll take a group riding lesson from MSF or Riders Edge programs. I guess everybody serves as object lessons to everybody else...

Brother Speed is an "outlaw" group. Most of the clubs from days of old have cleaned up their image, keeping their colors clean, bikes running better etc. But don't be fooled.

I couldn't even imagine riding with that many bikes. Especially cruising like Ponch and John.

Back