• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

will new Hepco Becker "Krauser" style bags fit on original Krauser T rack?

gossamerjohn

Hi all.

I'm considering buying a set of the the "Krauser replica" saddlebags made by Hepco Becker (classic line) for my R60/6

They are like these

46549016152R-LUG-2T.jpg

Bob's BMW like these:

http://store.bobsbmw.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=46549016152R-LUG

My question (of course) is will they fit my rack (doesn't everyone ask that question?)

I have an old 70s era Krauser T-set style rack like the RACK (this is NOT my bike) pictured here:

T_set.jpg

I do have the rack latch that looks like a chrome seat belt buckle, like this one:

http://www.flugelnus.com/krauser-bag-clip.html

yhst-92531645852337_2030_7813954

So my question is, has anyone had any luck making these bags fit this style of Krauser rack with this latch?

Will it work at all? Do I need to do modification? Or, is there a way I can retrofit my existing Krauser rack to fit these newer H&B cases?

Or do I need to buy a new H&B chrome rack too? (which I'd rather not do b/c the rack I have is in great shape)

Thanks a lot for your help. I appreciate it.

Back