• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Wine and Singing Women

H

HELEN

Just a moment ago a friend sent me this URL:
https://wineshop.winesisterhood.com/index.cfm

And since I started the 'Room' post whilst sipping a cheap (very) merlot I thought it only appropriate to share.

Check out the names, Girls!

Being a Middle Sister myself, I am seriously liking it...

I have no idea if the wine is even drinkable, but I thought the concept and the linked website was fun...

Have you ever picked out a wine because of the name? the label? So tell me what names/labels/criteria make you sing!

I'm guilty of occasionally buying a bottle based on the name or a cool label but I find they are rarely memorable or worth a second glance. Then again, I admit to being a wine and food snob but it comes with the livelyhood. :kbasa

I tend to read the little hang tags on the shelf at the store. The higher the score, the more likely I am to try it. Eitherway, judging from the number of corks I have in a jug, I probably uncork a few too many bottles.

I bought this because
1) I love Zinfandels
2) I loved the label
3) I found the bottle-top intriguing.

And imagine my delight when I even liked the wine! :D

pl-zn-SF.jpg

Have your cake and drink it too!

This was recommended by one of my customers who offers an extensive wine list at his restaurant. He gave me a bottle and I've since had him order me a few more. Suprisingly, it retails for around $15.

layer_cake_primitivo_lrg.jpg

Tasting Notes: A balance of elegance and power; inky black fruit, spice and white pepper, jammy black cherries, plums, blackberry fruit, truffles, tar, and espresso. Warm and rich in the mouth with a creamy texture; the ripe fruit is well supported by the deep structure of the wine. Sit back and travel through timeRelax on a hot summer evening, the fountain in the background, church-bells in the distance.

My favorite is Louis Jadot but the most fun labeled I've ever bought is "B*tch,B*tch," etc. The back of the label has it written over and over and, well you know. (I hope this dosn't violate the forum rules):nono

My favorite is Louis Jadot but the most fun labeled I've ever bought is "B*tch,B*tch," etc. The back of the label has it written over and over and, well you know. (I hope this dosn't violate the forum rules):nono

Excuse me... you do remember you are the moderator here, right?

How is the trip going?

Excuse me... you do remember you are the moderator here, right?

How is the trip going?

:blush
The sun was out, temp in the 70's and other than Chi. & Cleveland, the roads were great. (Although the Ind. & Oh. turnpikes nearly broke me!)
Aiming for Vermont tomorrow night. Riding along the east is pretty cool. First time in these states. Thanks for asking.

I thought having a glass of wine while chatting in the evening was a pre-requisite in here!

:wave

Norton

Since a couple of my first bikes were Norton Atlases, I couldn't resist an Argentinian wine called Norton. Turns out it is quite good. I also bought my sisters each a bottle of Sibling Rivalry. They got a good laugh out of that.

Holly

Not having this one tonight, but

I wanted to share this wine label from Montana.

Turned out to be a pretty decent pinot noir.

655787644_QZPAm-M.jpg

Waiting to taste

Here in our little village we have a place called Confections For Any Occasion. It is a store with homemade chocolates and assorted other goodies along with some of WI area items. I know the owner and he carries a small assortment of WI wines. I bought a bottle of VonSteil Winery "Naughty Girl" just for fun. I am waiting to try it as I have just had surgery and wine is not a -juice- liquid I can have yet, so I will have to report back when I'm allowed to have wine again.

Attachments

• IMG_0749.jpg
    IMG_0749.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 336
Here in our little village we have a place called Confections For Any Occasion. It is a store with homemade chocolates and assorted other goodies along with some of WI area items. I know the owner and he carries a small assortment of WI wines. I bought a bottle of VonSteil Winery "Naughty Girl" just for fun. I am waiting to try it as I have just had surgery and wine is not a -juice- liquid I can have yet, so I will have to report back when I'm allowed to have wine again.

Heal quickly! I'm anxious to hear what naughty girl tastes like!

Sheesh! that sounds very naughty!!:blush

Not wine, but a really interesting beer label, "edited" for family viewing.

Attachments

• DSCN2031.JPG
    DSCN2031.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 328
I don't know about anyone else....but I'm having a crisp cold glass of riesling tonight. I'm gearing up for the cold snap that will befall us in the morning after what could be our last high in the 70's, totally sunny day of riding.

I'm really not a beer drinker. I only drink it during summer. I did find an interesting beer if you like it sweet, LeinenkugelÔÇÖs Berry Weiss Beer. I've been enjoying it these past 2 months....but now it's time to move back to one of my favorites, a German riesling kabinett. When the weather really turns I'll be back on to my hearty french reds and chianti. Whoo hoo...love that stuff! :thumb

I don't know about anyone else....but I'm having a crisp cold glass of riesling tonight. ....but now it's time to move back to one of my favorites, a German riesling kabinett. When the weather really turns I'll be back on to my hearty french reds and chianti. Whoo hoo...love that stuff! :thumb

Uncork a Chateuneuf-du-Pape for me...
I get some of my best wine bargain tips from GSGirl at MAX BMW.
They are my FULL SERVICE dealer (hic) ! :wave

iRene,

I've had the du Pape.....yummy stuff.
I've got a 2002 Rothschild Chateau Duhart-Milon that I'm just waiting for something special for an excuse to open it! Hope that something special happens soon! :) But then....I can always crack open the 2005, too.

I love hearty reds and always have a damn good time when I drink them. :D I've found that just about anything from the rothschild vintiner is good. :nod

We had a nice unoaked Chardonnay (Naked Grape) with dinner. Now I'm enjoying my second glass of Navan - Vanilla version of Grand Marnier...

I really, really like a nice "reasonably priced" Brunello di Montalcino, like La Podere or Argiano, but the cost factor limits my regular indulgence in them. (gotta buy oil and tires!)

For a daily drinker I am partial to the Columbia Crest Grand Estates series Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon because they are relatively inexpensive and consistently drinkable.

For summer, its Hendricks Gin and Tonic. I only occasionally wander into the white wine section of our wine store.

Back