• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW Claims Australian Title on G 450 X

mika

Still Wondering
BMW Motorrad Enduro Team rider, Luke Tomlinson has claimed the National Expert Class title of the 2009 Australian Off Road Championship (AORC) .

Going into the final round held at Young NSW, Luke had a four point lead in the Championship. With the title firmly in his sights he again performed magnificently riding the G 450 X to victory in the Expert Class, in the team's debut year.

"I was feeling confident going into the weekend, the bikes been working well for me and I couldn't be happier,"Luke said.

The BMW Motorrad Enduro Team under Team Manager and veteran rider, Trent Lean had a magnificent first year in the AORC. "We exceeded all our expectations with the innovative G 450 X proving itself to be both extremely reliable and also very competitive. To have Luke take the Expert title is testament to the G 450 X and to Luke who applied himself throughout the season and improved as it went on," said Trent.

The team, as well as debuting the G 450 X in AORC competition was aimed at developing and breading exciting new talent within the Australian Enduro scene. Luke's Expert Class victory was not the only success of the season all the team riders featured in their respective classes and importantly improved throughout the season as they became more confident in their ability and that of the dynamic G 450 X.

Luka Bussa finished the season very strongly in the Pro Class as did Alexander Lean in the Clubman Class. Not content to only manage the team, Trent Lean used all his experience to have the G 450 X feature in the Veteran Class while team technician Steve Clarke tackled the Masters Class as well as preparing the team motorcycles.

"To have Luke win the Expert title was fantastic but also to see the BMW Motorrad Team develop and work as a unit and to have all our young riders featuring and improving throughout the season gives me a great deal of satisfaction too," said Trent Lean.

Back